Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years (16690 Views)

Photos Of The 4KM Illegal Crude Oil Pipeline In Forcados, Delta State (Video) / FG Completes New Orashi Bridge Linking Imo And Anambra States (Pictures) / Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Nwaokunkpara: 3:28pm On Feb 28
Obakoolex:

Bad Belle people, they hate good news with passion undecided

You lack some sense of reasoning because if you can reason you will understand that all this kind of news has always been on the pages of newspapers since this country got her independence and yet here we are with nothing to account for

1 Like

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Emeka71(m): 7:05pm On Feb 28
nazicartel:
Let me get something. They will be transporting the gas from Rivers/Edo to the North abi?... Anyway, that's not my issue.... The govt should just hands off on anything related to gas. They should privatize them after much scrutiny. They keep some percentages in all the companies.... The govt can't do anything good.... $700m would've been used for something good
When we are lacking in electricity supply this one is talking of gas supply.
Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by BBIA: 8:34pm On Feb 28
IGBOSON1:

Is your conscience worrying you!?

I know it’s not lost on you how Buhari sharply found/borrowed billions of dollars to finance a project that primarily benefits the muslim core north! See how they rushed to complete the project in record time…and this is despite all the insecurity that’s rampant all over the north! Conversely, i remember how the ‘excuse of insecurity’ in the south-east was given for why the Buhari gov’t wasn’t keen on upgrading the rail transport infrastructure in the region like they did for the north and south-west! Of course showing pepper to those who Buhari claimed gave him 5% votes wasn’t the reason….how dare anyone think Buhari would descend to such primordial and vindictive levels when he’s been nothing but fair and just to all regions/ethnicities!

And returning to the issue of rail infrastructural upgrade that billions of dollars were borrowed to facilitate, and which ALL Nigerians will pay back….i hope you’re enjoying the sexy new stations, rail tracks and diesel trains provided only in the south-west and north? You need to see the cut-price/cheapass one they’re doing for us between Port Harcourt and Aba…..one track cobbled together in haste! We have to make do with that seeing as all the money finished after the south-west and north got their sexy new upgrades! wink

From 1970 to date, the Nigerian state has located no billion dollar federally-enabled project anywhere in the south-east/Alaigbo, and the only time we see anything federal is when a initiative/project is being distributed equally amongst all the geo-political zones or when they’re constructing pipes or oil wells to suck the oyel and gas out of the region! The 2nd Niger bridge some would want to point to straddles two zones….took a quarter or more of a century to start…is still not completed as we speak….and will be tolled!
abeg, can you summarize this your epistle? cool

1 Like

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Konquest: 5:19am On Feb 29
Paraman:

https://punchng.com/fg-completes-700m-gas-pipeline-in-march-after-eight-years/?amp
“Another milestone in our journey towards a gas-focused economy is the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano pipeline. I am pleased to report that significant progress has been made in the construction of this critical infrastructure project, and we are on track to ensure its completion and commissioning as scheduled.

“The Obiafu/Obrikom/Oben (OB3) is a vital piece of gas infrastructure for the supply of feedstock to the AKK pipeline. This pipeline is among the biggest gas transmission systems in both Nigeria and Africa.

“I am highly elated to announce that going by the contractor estimates, the OB3 pipeline will be completed by March 2024 and the 42” 127km pipeline will supply 2BCF (two billion standard cubic feet) per day,” the minister stated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pini Jason, A Nigerian Pundit, Is Dead / APC Governors Are Sponsoring Daily Protests Against Oshiomhole - Nabena / Senate Presidency: Plot To Weaken Opposition To Lawan’s Emergence Thickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.