Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,477 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) (21308 Views)

FG Suspends Implementation Of Expatriate Employment Levy / Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy / Tinubu Launches Conditional Cash Transfer For 15 Million Households (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Streetdoctor: 9:29am On Feb 28
Ogiame:
You have to give it to Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu on anything Tax and Levy's....

He might be a notorious Olodo in matters of "Statistics" and good Governance but when it comes to Taxation, Levy's and settling his family with public funds, he is just like Prime Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Mehhh, Tinubu is only good in taxation nothing else
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by olax02(m): 9:29am On Feb 28
Ogiame:

He might be a notorious Olodo in matters of "Statistics" and good Governance but when it comes to Taxation, Levy's and settling his family with public funds, he is just like Prime Zlatan Ibrahimovic
It's seems you don't understand what you have just read up there. Olodo..

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by skj1377(m): 9:30am On Feb 28
Good move. Will save our forex. Some of these companies approaching CBN for forex to pay expatriates staff will have to stop. Imagine dangote petroleum employing 11,000 Indians and all have to be paid in dollars is that not a scam.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Brighton1(m): 9:30am On Feb 28
Ass lickers just full this thread grin
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Ogiame: 9:31am On Feb 28
olax02:
It's seems you don't understand what you have just read up there. Olodo..
Olodo? Please stop. grin

You mistaking me for your elder brother.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by snipernigga(m): 9:31am On Feb 28
Now PBAT, you are alive to your responsibility

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by joiade(m): 9:32am On Feb 28
This is a welcome development, am very sure it will meet a very stiff opposition because a lot of our leaders are benefiting from these no nothing so called expatriates. If its duely implemented Nigerians will gain more employment.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Kingsmeal: 9:32am On Feb 28
Watianoengineer:
We Nigerians Voted for you over the incompetent Peter Obi because of your trusted and tested ability to deliver. Your template in building modern Lagos is an inspiration to we Nigerians and that is why we gave you our mandate. May God bless president Bola Tinubu and give him strength to fulfill his renewed hope agenda. It shall end in praise and we shall all smile at the end of these reforms. This renewed Hope will Favor me and my Family. Amen

The news is about Tinubu, but your headache this early morning is Obi.

Get well soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by PortHarcourtcit(m): 9:32am On Feb 28
Angelfrost:
If this truly comes to fruition, then Jagaban has scored BIG in the history of the Presidency in this 3rd world country!
JAGABAN is working... Don't mind the GBAJUE'S who knows nothing about governance... I hope the man in black MIB, AKA chief mourner of the GBAJUE'S will commend the president of Nigeria for the welcome development...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by bukatyne(f): 9:32am On Feb 28
It sounds good. Hopefully, would be properly implemented, evaluated and non-compliance punished.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Greenfaces: 9:33am On Feb 28
Very very good. Make una forget ooooo.... this tinubu go captain this boat we go shock

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Cti28(m): 9:34am On Feb 28
HateBigots:
grin... Will Tinubu pay levy for giving french doctors our money ??
Good question.
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by sulaak(m): 9:34am On Feb 28
chatinent:
In a typical construction in Nigeria, an engineer in Nigeria is made to work under a white engineer. It could also be that the Nigerian engineer has more paper qualifications than the white but he has to dig while the white seats in the tractor and orders everyone around.

Academic qualification without practical experience is irrelevant in Engineering.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by GVTAsiwaju(m): 9:35am On Feb 28
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/firms-to-pay-for-hiring-foreigners-tinubu-launches-expatriate-employment-levy/amp

Most of these so called expatriates are even trained by Nigerians when they finally arrive. Most knows next to nothing... Indigenous company only use them as puppets for their skin colours

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by OfficialAPCNig: 9:35am On Feb 28
kerry57:
I will always say it TINUBU is not my candidate in the last election but he is a fearless and smart leader. This hardship is a must regardless of the president we have unless the person is not ready to work. It shall pass and Nigeria is on the part of greatness
So protectionist move is what you call smart?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by spiSeyi: 9:35am On Feb 28
PBAT is frustrating the likes of Dangote who prefers to hire Indians as experterat than Nigerians and most tech companies who love foreign tech guys grin . The truth is we have talented Nigerians who can do better or the same thing but black man inferiority complexity and not wanting fellow blacks to grow is why most of this big biz prefers foreign experterat angry .
I have worked with a good numbers of tech companies and I can tell you that this is one of the overlooked act that is draining our FOREX because these foreign guys are paid in hard currency, Indian tech guys are paid 10k USD why we that does most of the job are paid 100k Naira where I worked.
If this is well implemented unemployment rate will reduce, and the tax should be 30% of the gross pay

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Watinhapen(m): 9:36am On Feb 28
For the first time I will applaud Tinubu. This is a good move to bridge the gap between foreigners and Nigeria employees. Also those foreign owned companies that treats Nigerians like slaves need to closed down.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by ProphetofOdin: 9:36am On Feb 28
Good and fantastic initiative, I hope the govt is able to implement and see this policy through.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Iamanoited: 9:37am On Feb 28
VERY GOOD. PLEASE PAY THEM IN NAIRA AND LET THEM STRUGGLE TO EXCHANGE THEIR REMUNERATIONS THROUGH OUR CBN.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Johnson5258: 9:37am On Feb 28
This is an excellent idea, this will make our employers start appreciating us and invest in building local content capacity instead paying expatriate hugely and giving us peanuts.

Imagine when expatriate is earning about 9k dollars per month and his juniors doesn't earn 300k per month, they will still get local allowances, when the company can afford to train their own staff to be an expert.

The expatriate will then repatriate the funds to their country, alot of anomalies.

There can be expatriate but the organisation must be tasked with building their own staff capacities which will over time become the strength of the nation by increasing knowledge.

Ogiame:

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by donbrowser(m): 9:38am On Feb 28
sheyiofficial:
Wouldn’t this increase the service fee of this company.... they will also increase their price,just saying.

I have tried to relocate to Cayman Islands in the past. That small country will only give you a work visa if you're coming to do a job their citizens can't do. That's what Tinubu is trying to achieve here. If foreign workers are expensive, you will use local ones or train them. Simple!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Angelfrost(m): 9:40am On Feb 28
PortHarcourtcit:
JAGABAN is working... Don't mind the GBAJUE'S who knows nothing about governance... I hope the man in black MIB, AKA chief mourner of the GBAJUE'S will commend the president of Nigeria for the welcome development...

Yes... Jagaban is definitely working. He started poorly due to his haste in making economic policies, but he has been spot-on in key areas.

I commend his swift and tactical approach to working with Labor organizations too.

I pray he succeeds all around... God knows, Nigeria desperately needs great Leadership at this critical juncture.

As for Peter Obi... He is doing what every strong Opposition in Nigeria has done since 1999. Buhari and Tinubu did worse to Jonathan. cool

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by ige101(m): 9:40am On Feb 28
Nice one from Bola. This is similar to LMIAin Canada. It's a good step if we'll implemented, and should come with heavy price tag to discourage firms from patronizing it.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by 77up(m): 9:41am On Feb 28
sheyiofficial:
Wouldn’t this increase the service fee of this company.... they will also increase their price,just saying.
This policy will discourage foreign hiring and more jobs for the citizen.

Good one Mr President.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by EponObi: 9:41am On Feb 28
Ogiame:

Na you be olodo.

You gave him kudos for tax and levy (aka tax reforms) and in the breath called him an olodo in statistics. You're definitely on hard drugs.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Johnson5258: 9:41am On Feb 28
Bro, only those affected would be the ones to understand, if our national/ natural resources can be used to build their big companies then they owe us that right of helping us to grow capacity instead always throwing us as apprentice with peanut under them. Train, develop and pay us well, boys will stay in the country.

spiSeyi:
PBAT is frustrating the likes of Dangote who prefers to hire Indians than as experterat than Nigerians and most tech companies who love foreign tech guys grin . The truth is we have talented Nigerians who can do better or the same thing but black man inferiority complexity and not wanting fellow blacks to grow is why most of this big biz prefers foreign experterat angry

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by leathalbeast: 9:42am On Feb 28
Nigerians will soon be deported from all the world, the hardship is about to get worst
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by marunga(m): 9:42am On Feb 28
In South Africa most jobs are being taken by the Zimbabweans
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by emerged01(m): 9:43am On Feb 28
sheyiofficial:
Every decision has its benefits and consequences.
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Johnson5258: 9:43am On Feb 28
You get the point.

donbrowser:

I have tried to relocate to Cayman Islands in the past. That small country will only give you a work visa if you're coming to do a job their citizens can't do. That's what Tinubu is trying to achieve here. If foreign workers are expensive, you will use local ones or train them. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by adekunle2309: 9:44am On Feb 28
WhiteWood:
It's so, so refreshing to have this man as the president of my beloved country. Kudos to PBAT.

The more expatriate any company hire, the more their service charge. This moves not only going to benefit Nigerians especially in construction companies but also reduce the amount the contract are awarded.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Ogiame: 9:44am On Feb 28
EponObi:

Na you be olodo.

You gave him kudos for tax and levy (aka tax reforms) and in the breath called him an olodo in statistics. You're definitely on hard drugs.

According to your Lord and Savior; “Na Statistics we go chop”

Does that statement prove to you like someone who's okay upstairs?

Is that not a complete Olodo? See you calling me Olodo, but jokes on you bro. 😂

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Appoints Agoro As Head Of Service / Governor Chime Denies Detaining His Wife / Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.