Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,373 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) (21267 Views)

FG Suspends Implementation Of Expatriate Employment Levy / Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy / Tinubu Launches Conditional Cash Transfer For 15 Million Households (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Putindbutt: 12:41pm On Feb 28
Octopusssy:
You voted for him, "we" did not vote for him.
I speak for all 8million voters that voted for him,
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Ogiame: 12:48pm On Feb 28
saintrow1:

we should accept you insulting a whole president but you can't accept other people insulting you and your useless father who didn't train you to respect other people. Is Tinubu your mate or your father's mate for you to be calling him Olodo. otiya werey
But Hypocrite like you insulted GEJ and feel okay abi? 🤡

Tinubu is a complete E-diot and Olodo

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Putindbutt: 1:07pm On Feb 28
saintrow1:

we should accept you insulting a whole president but you can't accept other people insulting you and your useless father who didn't train you to respect other people. Is Tinubu your mate or your father's mate for you to be calling him Olodo. otiya werey
Loi, gbas gbos
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by tinnymerit(m): 1:19pm On Feb 28
Good,but please don't tàx oxygen for us.
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by UHLmoving: 1:32pm On Feb 28
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Jangbajantis: 1:47pm On Feb 28
When these foreigners start fighting back by imposing heavy levies on Nigerians living abroad I hope nobody would cry fowl.
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Umuinyioku: 1:48pm On Feb 28
Watianoengineer:
We Nigerians Voted for you over the incompetent Peter Obi because of your trusted and tested ability to deliver. Your template in building modern Lagos is an inspiration to we Nigerians and that is why we gave you our mandate. May God bless president Bola Tinubu and give him strength to fulfill his renewed hope agenda. It shall end in praise and we shall all smile at the end of these reforms. This renewed Hope will Favor me and my Family. Amen
Abeggi,stop your yarns!

Peter Obi is incompetent before Tinubu?

Pls go back to school. Your ignorance is legendary.
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Umuinyioku: 1:50pm On Feb 28
Daniel7543:
Jagaban the slayer of IPOBidents
My president.
May u live long.
Any other president (Pitobi) is a counterfeit.
I bow before u baba agba.
Ride on asiwaju, nothing do u.
Clap for yourself!

Where has your support for the Drug Czar led us to?

Now to get sense!!!
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by miketayo(m): 1:56pm On Feb 28
Watianoengineer:
We Nigerians Voted for you over the incompetent Peter Obi because of your trusted and tested ability to deliver. Your template in building modern Lagos is an inspiration to we Nigerians and that is why we gave you our mandate. May God bless president Bola Tinubu and give him strength to fulfill his renewed hope agenda. It shall end in praise and we shall all smile at the end of these reforms. This renewed Hope will Favor me and my Family. Amen

Not we Nigerians but few Nigerians.
I am with BAT on this one. This is the same thing India does for expatriate
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Equity15(m): 2:08pm On Feb 28
skj1377:
Good move. Will save our forex. Some of these companies approaching CBN for forex to pay expatriates staff will have to stop. Imagine dangote petroleum employing 11,000 Indians and all have to be paid in dollars is that not a scam.
but why aren't they paid in naira? If they are hired by UK or Canada, will they be paid in US dollars? I don't think so. They are in Nigeria and should be paid in naira. If they wish to convert it to any other currency it's thier head ache. We use dollars too much in this country. Some restaurants and boutique even charge in dollars...haba
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Web2020: 2:28pm On Feb 28
This is the best move I have ever seen in Nigeria since I knew myself. I do not support Tinibu at all, but this policy beats my imagination. I pray fervently, my God not allow them to use corruption to destroy this good move. I wish Tinubu could do good things to the point I will come out to apologize for hating him. I love this movie.

1. you can only bring foreigners if Nigerians can not do the job and pay huge fines to bring in foreigners. Again, this is good. I know why.
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by kentokay71: 2:57pm On Feb 28
old boy, hold you mouth jo
OfficialAPCNig:
All these protectionist moves won't take us anywhere. The reason we are in this mess today was because Buhari banned importation of foreign rice to protect local farmers.

Results? A bag of local rice went from 8k to whatever price it's selling today.

Jonathan left the exchange rate at around #200 per dollar. Buhari implemented a FX restriction policy.

And what happened? The FX rate started galloping, trading as high as #700 before he left office.

Protectionism is a huge mistake. Allow people to compete on equal playing field.

It seems we don't learn from past experience.

I don't blame Tinubu Sha because he is a Yoruba man. They hate competition. Come to Lagos and you'll be surprised to see union for every small thing, even for.

Pepper seller

Pepper grinders

Agbo sellers

Charcoal sellers

Generator repairers

Roadside engine oil sellers

So many useless unions.

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by kentokay71: 2:58pm On Feb 28
This one set oh, up jagaban
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by OfficialAPCNig: 3:12pm On Feb 28
OGHENAOGIE:
even developed economy like UK de do protectionism that's a foreign player needs work permit with certain criteria to play in EPL... Govt exists to protect those who might be weak in a society ok...
Work permit is not protectionism. Just like you need visa to visit a foreign country, you'll need a permit to work there.

Protectionism is dangerous to international trade. Allow people to compete fairly.

We all saw what happened when Buhari banned importation of foreign rice to protect local farmers
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Tenumootito: 3:32pm On Feb 28
This is a welcome development, but my concern is most of these companies are owned by expatriate.
Dangote, TGI, Olam, Orbit, BUA, FMN have a lot of Indians
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by nedekid: 3:48pm On Feb 28
chatinent:
In a typical construction in Nigeria, an engineer in Nigeria is made to work under a white engineer. It could also be that the Nigerian engineer has more paper qualifications than the white but he has to dig while the white seats in the tractor and orders everyone around.
And why do you think companies will spend so much to hire white engineers and place them over Nigerians. Afterall it does no make sense to spend money that should be profit on a expatriate.
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by lexy2014: 4:00pm On Feb 28
Iziquiel:

Ok, now I get it. It's obvious you're paid to wail on every thread that has to do with this Govt.

Continue, the Lord is your strength.

how did you know that am on every thread?

but since you have not been paid to wail on every thread, but to follow me around so you can find some purpose, then you should not have any problems answering the question.

how will expatriate employment levy (EEL) close wage gaps between expatriates and the Nigerian labour force?
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by blunt2dcore(m): 4:01pm On Feb 28
This is the right step in the right direction. Kudos dear President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by lexy2014: 4:06pm On Feb 28
Maxtipulation:

By enacting laws that will discourage the employment of expatriates in the country
unless areas we don't have a capable working force then an expatriate could be employed for a short term only with an agreement to teach our working force whilst his stay here and after then they go back

I didnt ask you about law. I asked you about expatriate employment levy (EEL). Except you didnt read the article, the first sentence of the article says "President Bola Tinubu has launched the expatriate employment levy (EEL) to close wage gaps between expatriates and the Nigerian labour force."

is it expatriate employment levy (EEL) that will enact law? am asking about the levy you are talking about law. whats the correlation?

how will expatriate employment levy (EEL) close wage gaps between expatriates and the Nigerian labour force?
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Maxtipulation(m): 4:37pm On Feb 28
lexy2014:

I didnt ask you about law. I asked you about expatriate employment levy (EEL). Except you didnt read the article, the first sentence of the article says "President Bola Tinubu has launched the expatriate employment levy (EEL) to close wage gaps between expatriates and the Nigerian labour force."

is it expatriate employment levy (EEL) that will enact law? am asking about the levy you are talking about law. whats the correlation?

You're the one that didn't read my post or maybe you misunderstood it, kindly read my first post again...that's how you people fail exams for nothing

I wasn't reacting to the (EEL) I only commended it then moved away from it by suggesting a futuristic plan to eradicate finally the surge of expatriates in the country

The (EEL) is like check and balance for salary payments so nigerian will earn more but my suggestion is to eradicate expatriates, tackling the problem from the root cause.
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by lexy2014: 4:42pm On Feb 28
Maxtipulation:

You're the one that didn't read my post or maybe you misunderstood it, kindly read my first post again...that's how you people fail exams for nothing

I wasn't reacting to the (EEL) I only commended it then moved away from it by suggesting a futuristic plan to eradicate finally the surge of expatriates in the country

The (EEL) is like check and balance or tax which everone but my suggestion is to eradicate, tackling the problem from the root cause.

you are the one who failed exam cos I asked a question and you responded to the question and you were completely off point.

Q: how will expatriate employment levy (EEL) close wage gaps between expatriates and the Nigerian labour force?

This is your answer:
Maxtipulation:
By enacting laws that will discourage the employment of expatriates in the country
unless areas we don't have a capable working force then an expatriate could be employed for a short term only with an agreement to teach our working force whilst his stay here and after then they go back

you began your first sentence with the word "By" which means you were saying that enacting law is the way "expatriate employment levy (EEL) close wage gaps between expatriates and the Nigerian labour force"?

if you insist that you were "suggesting a futuristic plan to eradicate finally the surge of expatriates in the country", who asked you about that?

so again, I didnt ask you about law. I asked you about expatriate employment levy (EEL). Except you didnt read the article, the first sentence of the article says "President Bola Tinubu has launched the expatriate employment levy (EEL) to close wage gaps between expatriates and the Nigerian labour force."

Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Rostikol: 4:46pm On Feb 28
donbrowser:

I have tried to relocate to Cayman Islands in the past. That small country will only give you a work visa if you're coming to do a job their citizens can't do. That's what Tinubu is trying to achieve here. If foreign workers are expensive, you will use local ones or train them. Simple!

Exactly.

Very intelligent move by Tinubu.

I keep telling people to be patient with this man.

Tinubu is going to move Nigeria forward.
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by lexy2014: 4:46pm On Feb 28
Putindbutt:

I speak for all 8million voters that voted for him,

do you mean these voters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUZ5eYhc4BM
Re: Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) by Rostikol: 4:48pm On Feb 28
Maxtipulation:
Very good, even as an opposition to this government when they do good I will recommend them

This is good, more of this to discourage expatriates from talking the jobs that Nigerians can do

You are a good man and a patriotic Nigerian.

Thanks for that.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Petrol Subsidy Ends After Buhari Signs PIB – Timipre Sylva, Minister / Edo Governorship Dispute: INEC Tenders Obaseki’s Nomination Form As Evidence / Bandits Convert Classrooms To Hideout In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.