Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,433 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out (18255 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? / Man Shares How A Restaurant Cashier Who He Usually Tip Called To Ask For N200k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by dinero101(m): 7:12pm On Feb 28
Nigga, if I earn 200k a month then I'm a big man bro. Spend wisely.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by mistercharles: 7:12pm On Feb 28
WhiteRuler:
I mean by the grace of God, I have been making such amount per month and sometimes more, but can I shock you? I'm always broke! That money, if it comes in bulk does not stay more than 5 days in my account before the account balance returns to what looks like a radio station frequency (92.5, 93.7 etc). Lol.

Abeg anybody else in my shoes? I don't drink, smoke or womanize or even spend money on unnecesary things. The cost of living in the country is just EXTREMELY high, which is the main thing that finishes the money in no time.

As things are now, making millions is the only way out but how I go reach there?

Which hustles I fit add to the one I'm doing now?

On the flip side, I believe successful governments especially the present one have been very intentional about subjecting the citizens into poverty the more for political gains.

My point

With the level of hunger, starvation and frustration going on in the country, people would be begging for any amount to vote during election, the political gains.

May God help us.
Just one question bro. Do you gamble??
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Twist4u: 7:17pm On Feb 28
The reality of this matter is, NAIRA HAS LOST VALUE in multiple of 8x times.

Cost of goods and services campared to year 2013 has shown astronomical increase by 8 times in some cases 10 times.

#40k in 2013 is stronger than 200k now

Let's Do the math :
1 bag of Rice in 2013 is #8,000
In 2024 1 bag of Rice is #70,000

70,000 ÷ 8,000 = 8. 6 times difference

I liter of Fuel in 2013 =#87
I liter of Fuel in 2024 = # 670

#670 ÷ #87 = 7.7 times difference.

We can go on and on....

Here's is, the same man, in the same country, earning the same salary, But, Buying goods and services 8 times it's formal price.

And many people wonder why he complained.

I earned 2x of the op, I found myself asking almost similar question 2 weeks ago.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Olaasunky1: 7:20pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
You earn 200k monthly and in your mind you’re earning much Mtcheww!!

If you carry me for chopping with that money I can’t even pick up to 4 clothes and the money will be exhausted not to talk of bag and shoes undecided

Biko, just stay away from a relationship in order not to put someone’s daughter in abject poverty.
Seriously you have a bad mouth.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Asquare84(m): 7:29pm On Feb 28
EconomistXplain:
OP is losing except he buys fuel for gen daiky ir car daily...nothing else can put u in Tight corner...

Guy park ur car or use 300k convert to CNG

CNG conversion is 700 k, now.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Benzemma(m): 7:30pm On Feb 28
Op, what do you now want me that is earning not more than 60k a month to do?
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by NothingDoMe: 7:31pm On Feb 28
Nazgul:
What exactly do you spend you money on that you'll blow 200k in a week?

If you're not sending up to 50k monthly on transportation, I don't see any reason why you should exhaust the money in a week.

Unless you've adopted a lifestyle you certainly cannot afford. Anything aside that, it's literally impossible to spend such money in a week.
Lol. Maybe he dey take Glenn 21. So it's not impossible to spend in a day.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by EconomistXplain: 7:33pm On Feb 28
Asquare84:

CNG conversion is 700 k, now.

Are u joking..?
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by BItt: 7:33pm On Feb 28
WhiteRuler:
I mean by the grace of God, I have been making such amount per month and sometimes more, but can I shock you? I'm always broke! That money, if it comes in bulk does not stay more than 5 days in my account before the account balance returns to what looks like a radio station frequency (92.5, 93.7 etc). Lol.

Abeg anybody else in my shoes? I don't drink, smoke or womanize or even spend money on unnecesary things. The cost of living in the country is just EXTREMELY high, which is the main thing that finishes the money in no time.

As things are now, making millions is the only way out but how I go reach there?

Which hustles I fit add to the one I'm doing now?

On the flip side, I believe successful governments especially the present one have been very intentional about subjecting the citizens into poverty the more for political gains.

My point

With the level of hunger, starvation and frustration going on in the country, people would be begging for any amount to vote during election, the political gains.

May God help us.

You have to join a cooperative society so that you can save with other people.

It's what other people do in oder to solve huge projects

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Verbtips(m): 7:34pm On Feb 28
LegallyBlunt:
He said he's single.
e 2much na.
at least 100k then should be enough to spend for a month and he should find a cheaper apartment
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by BItt: 7:35pm On Feb 28
Akwamkpuruamu:
I am barely coping with 300k with a family of 4
Enter a contribution so save and raise money. That's what our older generations did
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by dododawa1: 7:36pm On Feb 28
NA LIE.

A friend of a friend,

smoke, drink and fornicate

With

₦50,000

Earning.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Benzemma(m): 7:40pm On Feb 28
LegallyBlunt:
angry

Did I read this well or this is some joke?

How can you blow 200K in less than a week? Doing what exactly? The economy is bad, yes, but 200K can still go a long way and last a full month if used wisely. Even married people would be great to earn this much money now!

It's obviously he is a yahoo boy!
They are the ones that spends extravagantly. Or maybe he not telling us how he actually make in a month or spend in a week!

Is it transport?
Do you eat out only/buy food?
Do have dependents?

If you don't know how you spend your income, then you're one very unserious fellow.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Asquare84(m): 7:40pm On Feb 28
EconomistXplain:

Are u joking..?

Yes, in some vehicles is even up to 1m.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by erico2k2(m): 7:41pm On Feb 28
CheedyJ:
How many dependents do you have ?
Do you transport everyday?
Do you have an on-going project?
Are you offsetting a debt?
Do you eat like a glutton?
Well sha, 200k isn't much anymore but with proper planning it could still last 2-3 weeks.
Have you put fuel on your Gen lately? you might fill up your Gas?, You might spend 60k for a pot of soup, how about fuelling your car?
SO depend on your level, 200k aint really much..
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by erico2k2(m): 7:42pm On Feb 28
Verbtips:
e 2much na.
at least 100k then should be enough to spend for a month and he should find a cheaper apartment
how can you live with 100k in a month with family comfortably?
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by abbiboy: 7:44pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:

If you carry me for shopping with that money I can’t even pick up to 4 clothes and the money will be exhausted not to talk of bag and shoes undecided

Biko, just stay away from a relationship in order not to put someone’s daughter in abject poverty.

Broke chic..always broke!
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by erico2k2(m): 7:44pm On Feb 28
Twist4u:
The reality of this matter is, NAIRA HAS LOST VALUE in multiple of 8x times.

Cost of goods and services campared to year 2013 has shown astronomical increase by 8 times in some cases 10 times.

#40k in 2013 is stronger than 200k now

Let's Do the math :
1 bag of Rice in 2013 is #8,000
In 2024 1 bag of Rice is #70,000

70,000 ÷ 8,000 = 8. 6 times difference

I liter of Fuel in 2013 =#87
I liter of Fuel in 2024 = # 670

#670 ÷ #87 = 7.7 times difference.

We can go on and on....

Here's is, the same man, in the same country, earning the same salary, But, Buying goods and services 8 times it's formal price.

And many people wonder why he complained.

I earned 2x of the op, I found myself asking almost similar question 2 weeks ago.

People don't seem to realize that even though you earn 300k you might still be poor or struggling depending on one's standard of living.
If your salary has not improved for the past 5 years and you are earning N400k you are now poor.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by erico2k2(m): 7:48pm On Feb 28
wunmi590:

200k is just like 100k in the present economy, but that doesn't mean it can't take you for a whole month, most especially for somebody who is not married...

I'm on 250k salary and I still manage till the end of the month, with 2 kids and a wife, infact, I still do my normal mutual benefit savings 10k each for my 2kids..

This present economy doesn't allow anyone to spend anyhow, you spend anyhow, you see shege banza...

Is still this money I will fuel my wife jalopy monthly to take my kid to school ooo
by your description, this is called surviving or existing. You are struggling and if anything, God forbid happens that require sudden huge funds ie N500k in a month you are in debt. Even for example that car broke down and you need a new Engine then you are in debt, My guy life in Nigeria is very tough now, Nah God
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by CheedyJ(m): 7:51pm On Feb 28
erico2k2:

Have you put fuel on your Gen lately? you might fill up your Gas?, You might spend 60k for a pot of soup, how about fuelling your car?
SO depend on your level, 200k aint really much..
Since inflation is high and salary is constant, the logical thing to do is to cut expenses until you add another source of income. BTW, why spend 60k on a pot of soup on a 200k salary?
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by wunmi590(m): 7:56pm On Feb 28
erico2k2:

by your description, this is called surviving or existing. You are struggling and if anything, God forbid happens that require sudden huge funds ie N500k in a month you are in debt. Even for example that car broke down and you need a new Engine then you are in debt, My guy life in Nigeria is very tough now, Nah God

You are absolutely right.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Jesusbaby4lyf(f): 8:06pm On Feb 28
I think what you need is a proper guide on how to spend your money. Let's say a budget every month and ensuring you track expenses
That way, you get to see what exactly you're spending your money on. This will enable you save something from the 200k

And I'm here praying to earn half of that. Chim mo
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by PepeXKermit: 8:06pm On Feb 28
Poor men in the comment section telling the man that he can use 200k a month....shebi na one plate of food person buy here for 2800 una dey say 200k a month go do a full blown man for a month. I send pay my mother 200k a month and she is an old woman, i even think its not enough talkless of full blown man with responsibilites. its obvious many people in this comment section do not even make that much, for them its decent amount. peasants grin!
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by mikmash(m): 8:10pm On Feb 28
Shey you even see the 200k per month. Some never cross the 100k threshold sef. My landlord dey call me.

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Feb 28
CheedyJ:

Since inflation is high and salary is constant, the logical thing to do is to cut expenses until you add another source of income. BTW, why spend 60k on a pot of soup on a 200k salary?
Its wiser to spend N60k on a pot of food than spend N30k treating your kids in a hospital cos they are low on nutrients.
What do you want to cut down?
Buying fuel for your Gen so that mosquito can cause illness?
Reduce diet?
Stop driving your car?
stop your wife from driving her car and doing school runs?
or you won't top up your meter/ or pay light bill?
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by jolak5(m): 8:21pm On Feb 28
Les:
I don't mind accepting any flexible job that will pay me half of that, I am a graduate, 2.1 and what else. Ease be grateful, many don't have anything at all

If you can do digital marketing, project management, or seo writing, message me.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Freelancerr(m): 8:23pm On Feb 28
kingolu1:

Fellow like you, can't think outside the box or make something out of nothing, always dependant

Ignored!!!
I don't reply to people with low IQ
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by lokoventurex1(m): 8:27pm On Feb 28
It is not easy in Nigeria even before this present administration, talkless of what we are facing now. I run a POS business and was making over 300k monthly in 2021 till 2022. In 2023, my monthly profit reduced to 240 something, i was still managing it. As at Nov., 2022, marriage came. Wifey got preggy and we had our child in 2023. Still making more than 240k every month.

Long story short, it has not been easy, but we are doing fine, maybe because of my past savings though, but past savings don even finish now cos man has done a whole lot with money. Monthly profit has even gone back to 175k this month. Last month was 153k. But i still save ooo cos how i will pay my 300k yearly rent if i don't save and my wife and baby eat well. My baby monthly expenses for now is still 25k. We dont use 12kg gas, but 6kg. My prepaid metre no dey pass 4k in a month. Last time i bought half bag of rice was last year November, but we dey eat well to the glory of God and have never ran out of money. And still pay Tithe. Na only project i no fit do for now, but we can feed and do some basic things with some agidi. If wifey start work, we go balancw again

OP you can cut unnecessary expenses. You dey make more than me now sef..

2 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by victorbass1234: 8:31pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:

If you carry me for shopping with that money I can’t even pick up to 4 clothes and the money will be exhausted not to talk of bag and shoes undecided

. Ok so how much do you earn?? Or we should not ask that too
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Paramount01(m): 8:32pm On Feb 28
LegallyBlunt:
angry

How can you blow 200K in less than a week? Doing what exactly? The economy is bad, yes, but 200K can still go a long way and last a full month if used wisely. Even married people would be great to earn this much money now!

Is it transport?
Do have dependents?

If you don't know how you spend your income, then you're one very unserious fellow.

Ask him ooo, I earn 2,30 per month, save #160 still leave my normal life, though na generator I stop to on in the night now
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Powersurge: 8:40pm On Feb 28
LegallyBlunt:
angry

Is it transport?
Do have dependents?

It's either you don't earn up to 200k 9r you don't understand whattm he was saying.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Omowale2023(m): 8:43pm On Feb 28
nifemi25:
Thou the economy is not friendly now but still wondering how you spent 200k in just a week...since you said you don't womanize neither drink or smoke ..... Definitely you are into gambling or spend lavishly....

I can assure you if you earn 1million as salary , you will still complain at the end of the month...most family man here in Lagos earns between 80 and 120 and they still survive..try as much as possible to spend wisely so as to know where your problem is...
I totally disagree with you. I have sent 200k in 2 days. I had to pick between repairing my phone at 40k or buying a new reasonable phone @150k. I had 90k on me. I just decided to close my eyes and repair my 2 Samsung phones at 77k. The economy is hard, but with God, we are harder!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Massive Bank Job Loss Imminent In 2016 / In Need Of A Professional Advice / May Day: Lecturers, Doctors, Others To Benefit From Pay Rise, Says FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.