Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out (18325 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? / Man Shares How A Restaurant Cashier Who He Usually Tip Called To Ask For N200k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by albert2512: 6:11pm On Feb 28
WhiteRuler:
I mean by the grace of God, I have been making such amount per month and sometimes more, but can I shock you? I'm always broke! That money, if it comes in bulk does not stay more than 5 days in my account before the account balance returns to what looks like a radio station frequency (92.5, 93.7 etc). Lol.

Abeg anybody else in my shoes? I don't drink, smoke or womanize or even spend money on unnecesary things. The cost of living in the country is just EXTREMELY high, which is the main thing that finishes the money in no time.

As things are now, making millions is the only way out but how I go reach there?

Which hustles I fit add to the one I'm doing now?

On the flip side, I believe successful governments especially the present one have been very intentional about subjecting the citizens into poverty the more for political gains.

My point

With the level of hunger, starvation and frustration going on in the country, people would be begging for any amount to vote during election, the political gains.

May God help us.

Bro, nothing is wrong with you. It easier for people that depends on others to condemn you cos they don't know the prices of things given to them, na the person wey dey pay bill go understand u. I earn almost times 2 and I am broke right now and month never end. Though I have a family(4 dependant). I don't smoke nor drink, where I wan see money womanize sef. And my wife dey complain about the amount she contributes in filling gas. My only crime be sat I buy land wey I still dey pay small. But the truth is, the economy is messed up.

2 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Intergrated: 6:12pm On Feb 28
easzypeaszy:
I earn a little above dat with 3kids

After filling gas, sub n nepa about 20k now
I buy Rice, Oil, Ingredients 30k goes for dat
I give my wife 20k weekly, so the day we see meat we eat, if na Ponmo or Fish na she kw how to run am.
Transportation 30k
Safes up like 20k to 30k after giveout 10k to 20k monthly including Mom cuz we contribute and send her in bulk like 80k to 150k monthly..we be like 13

rice how much what about provisions for the kids? How about indomine you know the current price. Yam and all my brother 80k would go for food stuffs.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Chigozie321: 6:12pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
You earn 200k monthly and in your mind you’re earning much Mtcheww!!

If you carry me for chopping with that money I can’t even pick up to 4 clothes and the money will exhausted not to talk of bag and shoes undecided

Biko, just stay away from a relationship in order not to put someone’s daughter in abject poverty.
You no normal oo
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Naruto87(m): 6:12pm On Feb 28
Kingsasian:
You are right bro. I earn close to that amount and sometimes more because I work online which pays bi-monthly and on-site which pays monthly. Mehn right now I am dead broke. Naira no get value at all.

Bro share link na, we dey find online hustle here.. guys aren't smiling oo
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by prophetic69(m): 6:13pm On Feb 28
LegallyBlunt:
angry

Did I read this well or this is some joke?

How can you blow 200K in less than a week? Doing what exactly? The economy is bad, yes, but 200K can still go a long way and last a full month if used wisely. Even married people would be great to earn this much money now!

Is it transport?
Do you eat out only/buy food?
Do have dependents?

If you don't know how you spend your income, then you're one very unserious fellow.

The lifestyle cost na you no know 😂
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by olax02(m): 6:18pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:

If you carry me for chopping with that money I can’t even pick up to 4 clothes and the money will exhausted not to talk of bag and shoes undecided

Biko, just stay away from a relationship in order not to put someone’s daughter in abject poverty.
Is this a word of advice or an encouragement speech? Lady with their myopic thinking.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by seborrhic: 6:18pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:

Always with rubbish comments.
I am sure you are a guy posing as a female and your comments are always off because you want to be noticed.

6 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by olax02(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28
Judolisco:
200k is enough if u r not married.... Na people wey dey earn 60k or 70k for dis economy go get issues.... D people wey I dey pity na hustlers like me wey no dey collect salary from anyone....
God will make a way for you.

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by flexyrule(m): 6:21pm On Feb 28
The people saying that the OP isn't prudent are either residents of Osogbo or they're still between 22 to 26 years living with their parents or a relative.

As a family man with say 6 years work experience, living in a city. 200k is nothing.

Tithe - 20k
Gas 15k
DSTV - 10k
Your parents - 50k (Worst case)
Fuel for car - 80k (As in you dey drive less than 50km to and back from work be that)
Feeding - 50k

You're already in a deficit....
Rent nko?
Light bill?
Data/Airtime?
Laundry nko?
You no go chill?

How much be 200k abeg?

Anybody who says N200k salary is plenty money hasn't earned 200k...

4 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Hedonisco: 6:21pm On Feb 28
Well, I believe you have some undeclared 'lifestyle expense' that is gulping the money. Na lifestyle dey chop money.

To be honest, N200k a month wasn't enough for me even as far back as 2012-2015 when things were far far cheaper. But at least I know it is my lifestyle that chops it, no stories.

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Judolisco(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28
olax02:
God will make a way for you.
amen bro

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Sunisonflex39(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:

If you carry me for chopping with that money I can’t even pick up to 4 clothes and the money will be exhausted not to talk of bag and shoes undecided

This girl..tueh
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Sunisonflex39(m): 6:26pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:

If you carry me for chopping with that money I can’t even pick up to 4 clothes and the money will be exhausted not to talk of bag and shoes undecided

go and work..see who one go shopping but don't know how to spell shopping.. mtcheww

4 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by wunmi590(m): 6:31pm On Feb 28
wonyi:

Please don't be offended, could u please share your budget for the month?

Lol, I don't over spend the money I sweat to make, this is how I spend my money...

I work in Lagos and my wife and 2kids ate based in abeokuta, and I stay in my family house in Lagos, which is close to my work place...

1. Transport/feeding for the month =N38,000
2. Fuel for my small jalopy for wify to take my daughter to school =N20,000 (Note that my daughter attended same school with my neighbour, so she drop them in the morning and her way to work and my wife picks them only in the afternoon, the distance is just the next street, which is trekkabke.
3. Savings =N20,000 (Mutual for my daughter and son)
4. Wify =N30,000 just incase of emergency
5. Kid (Buscuit and juice) to take to school =N20,000
6. PHCN meter =N7,000
7. Satchet water =N2,500 @500/bag the water is big
8. Soup every weekend as I home twice a month =N40,000 (10k weekely)
9. House rent =42,000 (My rent is 500k yearly)
10. I pay Gotv also
10. I keep the remaining for emergency in my pocket.

Total =N219,500

I will have with me =N30,500

NB: I've almost all food at home, my 13th month salary and leave allowance is what I used to stock more food at home, sometimes, my monthly rent savings I don't save it, because my leave allowance and 13th month salary covers 85% of my rent.

I get rice and some food also that would last me well..

Lastly, in my family house, I only eat once at work, so I eat the rest in my family house when i get home (free)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by wunmi590(m): 6:32pm On Feb 28
Henrydata:

You are mature.

Weldone

Thank you
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Ten06(m): 6:33pm On Feb 28
LegallyBlunt:
angry

How can you blow 200K in less than a week? Doing what exactly? The economy is bad, yes, but 200K can still go a long way and last a full month if used wisely. Even married people would be great to earn this much money now!

Is it transport?
Do have dependents?

If you don't know how you spend your income, then you're one very unserious fellow.

Easier said than done. After stocking the house with food stuff, remove your transport to work or maybe fuel your car for the month and other miscellaneous expenses how much do you think will remain.
He is even lucky that he is not owing before the next salary
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Pootle: 6:34pm On Feb 28
easzypeaszy:
I earn a little above dat with 3kids

After filling gas, sub n nepa about 20k now
I buy Rice, Oil, Ingredients 30k goes for dat
I give my wife 20k weekly, so the day we see meat we eat, if na Ponmo or Fish na she kw how to run am.
Transportation 30k
Safes up like 20k to 30k after giveout 10k to 20k monthly including Mom cuz we contribute and send her in bulk like 80k to 150k monthly..we be like 13

may our creator help us all

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Verbtips(m): 6:38pm On Feb 28
LegallyBlunt:
angry

Is it transport?
Do have dependents?

bro one bag of rice na 70k
house rent na 50k
children school fees
garri 30k
others10k
abeg wetin remain explain how he is unserious maybe me to go learn gringrin
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Tradepunter2: 6:39pm On Feb 28
LegallyBlunt:
angry

No

Is it transport?
Do have dependents?

Everyone have different levels in life..... There are people account hitting 500k is dead broke... While others is 1 million..... It's just how life arranged it
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Ijaycool(f): 6:43pm On Feb 28
Les:
I don't mind accepting any flexible job that will pay me half of that, I am a graduate, 2.1 and what else. Ease be grateful, many don't have anything at all

Reach out
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by hotwax: 6:45pm On Feb 28
Took 100k to market on Monday...didn't even know what I bought. It felt as if somebody stole it from me.

I just dey check wetin I buy to feel good...but I wasn't feeling good

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Think9ja(m): 6:50pm On Feb 28
money121:

Hungry Lion grin grin
Una no dey shame tongue tongue
Tell your parent to provide for you stop disturbing someone else child

Why una like to quote that boy/girl?
Oyibo man weh say silence is the best answer to a fool, na those type of people him de refer to. I never ever quote him/her and I will never. Resist the urge to always quote people weh de always post senseless comments

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by wonyi: 6:52pm On Feb 28
wunmi590:

Lol, I don't over spend the money I sweat to make, this is how I spend my money...

I work in Lagos and my wife and 2kids ate based in abeokuta, and I stay in my family house in Lagos, which is close to my work place...

1. Transport/feeding for the month =N38,000
2. Fuel for my small jalopy for wify to take my daughter to school =N20,000 (Note that my daughter attended same school with my neighbour, so she drop them in the morning and her way to work and my wife picks them only in the afternoon, the distance is just the next street, which is trekkabke.
3. Savings =N20,000 (Mutual for my daughter and son)
4. Wify =N30,000 just incase of emergency
5. Kid (Buscuit and juice) to take to school =N20,000
6. PHCN meter =N7,000
7. Satchet water =N2,500 @500/bag the water is big
8. Soup every weekend as I home twice a month =N40,000 (10k weekely)
9. House rent =42,000 (My rent is 500k yearly)
10. I pay Gotv also
10. I keep the remaining for emergency in my pocket.

Total =N219,500

I will have with me =N30,500

NB: I've almost all food at home, my 13th month salary and leave allowance is what I used to stock more food at home, sometimes, my monthly rent savings I don't save it, because my leave allowance and 13th month salary covers 85% of my rent.

I get rice and some food also that would last me well..

Lastly, in my family house, I only eat once at work, so I eat the rest in my family house when i get home (free)

Thanks . Well detailed. Port Harcourt is expensive.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by PastorOlokonla: 6:59pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:

So Jenny, how much should a man earn before he can take you out on a shopping. Just curious!
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by LegallyBlunt: 7:01pm On Feb 28
Verbtips:
bro one bag of rice na 70k
house rent na 50k
children school fees
garri 30k
others10k
abeg wetin remain explain how he is unserious maybe me to go learn gringrin
He said he's single.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by LegallyBlunt: 7:02pm On Feb 28
cjudy:

This one think say na 2million them Dey talk. 200k in Tinubu regime is like 20k. What can you afford with it? One bag of rice, one carton of medium tin tomatoes, 25litres vegetable oil and maybe palm oil, yam and plantain and boom your account balance will look like FM Radio Station and you think the OP is lying.
That's a big far lie.

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by LegallyBlunt: 7:03pm On Feb 28
Enskynelson:

If he is married with at least a kid and live in a city, that money cannot reach anywhere. It's just me and my wife with almost zero social life, yet I can understand what he is saying.
he's single. Alone. Let him give us a breakdown, so we have a better understanding.

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Raymeg7(m): 7:06pm On Feb 28
WhiteRuler:
I mean by the grace of God, I have been making such amount per month and sometimes more, but can I shock you? I'm always broke! That money, if it comes in bulk does not stay more than 5 days in my account before the account balance returns to what looks like a radio station frequency (92.5, 93.7 etc). Lol.

Abeg anybody else in my shoes? I don't drink, smoke or womanize or even spend money on unnecesary things. The cost of living in the country is just EXTREMELY high, which is the main thing that finishes the money in no time.

As things are now, making millions is the only way out but how I go reach there?

Which hustles I fit add to the one I'm doing now?

On the flip side, I believe successful governments especially the present one have been very intentional about subjecting the citizens into poverty the more for political gains.

My point

With the level of hunger, starvation and frustration going on in the country, people would be begging for any amount to vote during election, the political gains.

May God help us.

Baba good day, I thank God for u brother, ur even doing very well, as ur seeing 200k every month,
I beg please help me 🙏 by teaching me the hustle, make I dey do to feed my family
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Angelfrost(m): 7:07pm On Feb 28
Kingsasian:
You are right bro. I earn close to that amount and sometimes more because I work online which pays bi-monthly and on-site which pays monthly. Mehn right now I am dead broke. Naira no get value at all.

You and Op need to tailor your expenses and living standards to the current economic realities.

200k gone in less than a month by an individual points towards ostentatious living.
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Think9ja(m): 7:10pm On Feb 28
cjudy:

This one think say na 2million them Dey talk. 200k in Tinubu regime is like 20k. What can you afford with it? One bag of rice, one carton of medium tin tomatoes, 25litres vegetable oil and maybe palm oil, yam and plantain and boom your account balance will look like FM Radio Station and you think the OP is lying.

And those things weh you mention na every month him de buy am abi?
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by kingolu1(m): 7:11pm On Feb 28
Freelancerr:
embarassed

Nigga, you don't know how to handle money that just the thing.

How can you blow such an amount in a month and you don't womanize or drink etc?

Set target on certain amount to spend weekly then, come and thank me later.
Fellow like you, can't think outside the box or make something out of nothing, always dependant
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by TefBarzz(m): 7:11pm On Feb 28
There are lots of people and families earning way less than that amount and they're getting by just fine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls Advice An Accounting Graduate: CFA Or ICAN? / Meet The New Lagos Police Command PPRO / Consequences Of A Bank Staff Who Lost Money In The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.