Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW (14818 Views)

Vandals Attack Shiroro-Katampe Transmission Line / FG Signs 250MW Power Sale Deal With Discos / Onion Traders Threaten To Cut Supply To Southern Nigeria Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by nlfpmod: 10:53am On Feb 28
Suspected electricity vandals have intensified their assault on the nation's capital city, Abuja following reported the bombing of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) Tower 70, along the 330KV Gwagwalada -Katampe transmission line in the Federal Capital Territory.

The horrific incident has reduced bulk power supply flexibility and the volume of power into Abuja by 250MW, according to TCN's spokesperson, Ndidi Mbah.

Ndidi said the incident occurred at about 11.32pm on 26th February which forced the company to deploy a patrol team after an attempt at reclosure of power trip at the Gwagwalada Substation failed.

She said the tower is presently standing precariously with support of conductors.

"The sad incident occurred on the 26th of February, 2024, at about 11.32 pm. At the said time, the Gwagwalada - Katampe Transmission line tripped at Gwagwalada Transmission Substation and trial reclosure by TCN Operators failed, necessitating a physical patrol of the line.

"The TCN lines and patrol team discovered that the four (4) tower footings of Tower 70 were bombed, destroying the tower legs and causing the tower to stand on the ground, supported by conductors."

Mbah disclosed that the company had mobilised to the location for emergency repairs while calling for vigilance on the part of citizens .

"Meanwhile, TCN has mobilised to the site of the incident and has commenced an emergency repair of the damaged tower and its associated equipment.

"We reiterate the need for vigilance in the fight against vandalism of power equipment. It is important that we report suspicious movements around all power equipment to security operatives or to the nearest TCN offices nationwide."

https://saharareporters.com/2024/02/28/blackout-vandals-bomb-transmission-line-nigerian-capital-abuja-cut-supply-250mw#google_vignette

1 Like

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by fuckJones(f): 10:54am On Feb 28
let us blame the president

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by inoki247: 10:55am On Feb 28
Lol be like say some Forces like as the country dey enjoy darkness...

The Govt needs to find a lasting solution to all this....

So if Private firm start investing in electricity is this what they will also be facing...

All this type of thing go start to dey Pursue private firm to dey invest in electricity....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by jmoore(m): 10:57am On Feb 28
Terrorists is who you are calling vandals.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by DaTruths: 10:58am On Feb 28
Nothing sweet me pass say Nigeria dey collapse under APC.

More elbow to their Greece, abi more Greece to their elbow grin grin

E bin pawa oh.

Fvck the shit hole.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Noniblaq(m): 10:58am On Feb 28
Now I know why na half current NEPA Dey give us for Suleja. 😔😔
Meanwhile, if you reside in Abuja, see my topic/thread, I get update for all of una

4 Likes

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Joefat: 10:59am On Feb 28
This people will just be using style to decorate the name terrorist.

34 Likes

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by money121(m): 10:59am On Feb 28
Imagine
Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Biafrannuke: 10:59am On Feb 28
The plague is just starting.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by EXLOVER(m): 10:59am On Feb 28
Since Tinubu got into power we hardly read or see good news, only bad bad news. And you can’t have a normal conversation again with anyone without hearing complain of how hard life is.

Chai

DaTruths:

E bin pawa oh.

Fvck the shit hole.
You’re not making sense, why will you be happy that the country is getting worst? Omo your heart is black like that of our leaders.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Nokio2: 10:59am On Feb 28
Cardoso economics practical must touch every body

I get yam Onion's pepper and tomatoes

But no veg oil

To boil yam n sauce

Since morning I yam looking at neutral Polish n it is looking at me..it is gradually assuming the character of unsaturated animal fat...

6 Likes

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Olaide1295: 10:59am On Feb 28
Quite shameful. We citizens also need to play our part to report/take video of illegitimate actions.
Video serves are evidence and means for law enforcement to track down the culprits.

9 Likes

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by melodyogonna(m): 11:00am On Feb 28
The hell?
Is this a terrorist attack? I still can't understand how things like this can happen in the nation's capital, I mean, we have our president living in this city FFS! A nation's capital is a symbol of power and authority. You can't be having bombs go off or prisons broken into, it's insane. How are vandals allowed to sabotage critical infrastructure in the nation's capital? Things like this is an indictment to everybody who is supposed to be in-charge of security in the state

4 Likes

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Babangidapikin: 11:00am On Feb 28
Put Solar Camera with day and night vision on the area... Saboteurs

5 Likes

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Badgers14: 11:00am On Feb 28
angry
Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by RepoMan007: 11:01am On Feb 28
Can there ever be peace?
Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by erai30(m): 11:01am On Feb 28
Nice one, if they can bomb the minister of power it will be a great victory, these power holding companies and their officials are wicked more than the Balabalu man.
Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Coolestguy2023: 11:01am On Feb 28
Watch the Igbos blame PBAT

55 Likes

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Rebuker(m): 11:01am On Feb 28
Hmmm
Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Emperormartin(m): 11:01am On Feb 28
From Boko Haram to Fulani herdsmen to bandits now to vandals...

Nigeria continue deceiving yourselves

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by CelestineNelson: 11:02am On Feb 28
U
Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Truths9ja: 11:02am On Feb 28
Na big Wahala be this , some of this area will be experiencing black out every time.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Pascal9: 11:02am On Feb 28
What goes around comes around, tinubu is reaping what he sowed against pdp,karma at work.he won't enjoy peace in this his presidency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Emperormartin(m): 11:03am On Feb 28
EXLOVER:
Since Tinubu got into power we hardly read or see good news, only bad bad news. And you can’t have a normal conversation again with anyone without hearing complain of how hard life is.

Chai
That's why I no longer engage in conversation.

Everyone even girls discussing about hardship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by U09ce: 11:03am On Feb 28
Any one who destroys critical public infrastructure should go to the gallows. Democracy is crazy- too much long procedures for critical issues that affect the lives of millions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by OJojossy10: 11:03am On Feb 28
Something is telling me that an insider knows something about this.
Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by judgementyard(m): 11:03am On Feb 28
jmoore:
Terrorists is who you are calling vandals.

No mind dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by MrPOTUS: 11:03am On Feb 28
lipsrsealed

Country is useless already, and some idiots are making it worse lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by stano2(m): 11:03am On Feb 28
E no go pass all these guys Nigeria politicians smuggle in from Niger republic.

1 Like

Re: Vandals Bomb Transmission Line In Abuja, Cut Supply By 250MW by Coolestguy2023: 11:03am On Feb 28
DaTruths:

E bin pawa oh.

Fvck the shit hole.

This is one of the evil spirit wr have in Nigeria which we all have to pray to God to take them off the land of the living

56 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fela On Buhari - Beasts Of No Nation / MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us / Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.