Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Top Things Not Required During Interviews. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top Things Not Required During Interviews. (10285 Views)

Citibank Nigeria Recruiting Representatives (Bsc Not Required) / Top 15 Interview Questions And Answers That Candidates Fails During Interviews / How Can I Calm My Nerves During Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Rubyjade: 4:35pm On Feb 28
Top things not required during Interviews.

Some candidates are usually confused when I get to the end of the interview sessions and I let them know if they have any questions for me.

From those shocked, puzzled, bland, excited or are you kidding-me-kind-of look, I just laugh. Interviews shouldn’t be too fraught with negative energy. We all have been there.

So I want to drop those things we don’t really need for interviews but which some of us out of ignorance still ask about:

1. Ethnicity or race
2. Faith/ Religion
3. Home Address is not same as location
4. Bank Statements
5. Marital Status or reason why someone is unmarried.
6. Why you have a gap on your resume.
7. How måny children do you have
8. Personal details of previous employers.
9. Payslips

Quite unnecessary! What other things have I forgotten, feel free to add.

Basically, the primary comsideration should be:

👉🏽What are you bringing on board?
👉🏽Do you have a track record if experienced?
👉🏽Do you meet the criteria for the role?
👉🏽Are you passionate about your job?
👉🏽Do you have the right attitude to fit in?

#careercoaching
Copied

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Oyindamolah: 4:39pm On Feb 28
This part of "Do you have any questions for me?". I was ignorant of it during my early days of job hunting. I end up saying, "No, I don't.".

But, now, with exposure and knowledge, I have understood that such questions let the recruiter know how inclined or enthusiastic you are about the role.

And if I don't have a question, I end up restating my value upon getting the job, more like assuring them of my role when being hired.

Sometimes, we don’t even know that there are certain insights that comes out towards the end, that May count well for you . Even if it is 2 questions, why wouldn’t you be interested in how they do things in a place you are considering joining

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Meerahbel: 4:44pm On Feb 28
You're very correct madam.

It was a surprised to me during a program, there was this senior HR Manager that we were in the same hotel together. She was on a phone conversation with a candidate negotiating salary. After much deliberations, she told the candidate to get his last payslip and send to him.

I had to tell her asking for a payslip of a candidate before accepting to pay him or her what they're asking is unnecessary. As a matter of fact, I had to even used this as an example to explain things to her. The woman NO GREE FOR ME OOO.

It's unfortunate that some HR practitioners are still obsolete in their operations.

Thank you for sharing knowledge.

7 Likes

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by chuksville(m): 4:46pm On Feb 28
But these days you'll be tested with different kinds of unnecessary things

4 Likes

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Natbrowny: 12:22pm On Feb 29
In Nigeria
Its different. They'll even ask you what your score was in social studies when u were in primary 4.

We dont have much interviewers here. We have toxic Questioneers

2 Likes

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by lasheun: 12:25pm On Feb 29
Mobile phone
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Yamleg: 12:26pm On Feb 29
Can I wear my APC CAP to an interview to boost my chance?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by AfroBeatDiary: 12:27pm On Feb 29
Normal for job hunters
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by marriseller: 12:27pm On Feb 29
Oyindamolah:
This part of "Do you have any questions for me?". I was ignorant of it during my early days of job hunting. I end up saying, "No, I don't.".

But, now, with exposure and knowledge, I have understood that such questions let the recruiter know how inclined or enthusiastic you are about the role.

And if I don't have a question, I end up restating my value upon getting the job, more like assuring them of my role when being hired.

Sometimes, we don’t even know that there are certain insights that comes out towards the end, that May count well for you . Even if it is 2 questions, why wouldn’t you be interested in how they do things in a place you are considering joining
The rule of thumb of interviewing is to always ask a question or two!

2 Likes

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by WhiteWood: 12:30pm On Feb 29
Marital status might be needed if the company has a policy of contacting next of kin in case of emergencies -- I also know that some stupid ITK employers wrongly use it just to make unfair judgments about people.

1 Like

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Pastev1(m): 12:30pm On Feb 29
Hello! Let's not be carried away ... Here in Africa especially NIGERIA most of those questions you tagged "Unnecessary" are very necessary because it has a way of keeping you in high esteem, bringing about regard and commanding respect, e.g Marital Status Command Respect, Your Experience Gives you VALUE, among others! Know Your State (environment). Thank You!

2 Likes

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by thesicilian: 12:32pm On Feb 29
Most interviews are unnecessarily stressful and difficult
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by qanda: 12:35pm On Feb 29
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by ibawon(m): 12:35pm On Feb 29
Ask
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by BigDawsNet: 12:35pm On Feb 29
Football team
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Jayhome24: 12:36pm On Feb 29
I just said it few minutes ago when 20 years boy opening his dirty teeth like a dead body inside mortuary getting marry with 80 years old woman such strange news always from Kenya or Uganda and this is another one from same axis.
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Draslo(m): 12:37pm On Feb 29
Bobotic:
Na Who Chop Belleful Get Una Time This Time Around grin
African burger

Just needs some spicy mayo and onion rings

1 Like

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by fidet1(m): 12:39pm On Feb 29
Nothing wrong in explaining gaps in your CV. What if the gap was as a result of a crime committed?
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by BigDickProblems: 12:39pm On Feb 29
Everyday they are making up rules for Interviews. Why not kill yourself because of interview?

Just be confident and be yourself. That's all. F*ck them if they don't give you the job.

5 Likes

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by dfrost: 12:39pm On Feb 29
Nigeria left the chat group.

1 Like

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Igahbarr: 12:43pm On Feb 29
Yamleg:
To boost your chance abi to ruin your chance?

1 Like

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Kingrshd3: 12:45pm On Feb 29
PitObi left conversation
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by ibawon(m): 12:47pm On Feb 29
You can ask this questions (it allows them to feel good about themselves):
What was the last thing you get to learn professionally and how did this company support it?

Regarding this company, what is something that you would love to talk about, but rarely get asked about your position?

Since joining this company, what was the last change you made based on the feedback you got from your employees/colleagues?

Remember always ask questions.
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by BBIA: 12:51pm On Feb 29
cool
You forgot to add “What is your body count?” cool cool
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by femi4: 12:52pm On Feb 29
Rubyjade:
About Gap in your resume..It's very important.

It allows employers to know how you have been keeping yourself busy while waiting for the desire job

For govt job
Your ethnicity and religion is key to know if your application will be consider based on quota system

2 Likes

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Babaibeji2020(m): 12:53pm On Feb 29
Yamleg:
U re certainly gonna lose the job.....dat cap izza negative energy 🤯

2 Likes

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:57pm On Feb 29
BigDickProblems:
Everyday they are making up rules for Interviews. Why not kill yourself because of interview?

Just be confident and be yourself. That's all. F*ck them if they don't give you the job.

My niqqa
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:03pm On Feb 29
My guy returned from an interview the other day and he was quarrelling, cursing and insulting the interviewers. When I sought to know what what's up, it was crazy.

■ How could ask a guy not to barb skin cut/molo/skull because you claimed it makes the person a cultist.

■How would you asked a guy to name 25 car brands and their country of origin.

2 Likes

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by monerozi5590: 1:03pm On Feb 29
Oyindamolah:

Yeah. Asking questions is very important.
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by femi4: 1:04pm On Feb 29
BigDickProblems:

Exactly

The rules are unending n contradictory. Just be yourself n you will get it if it's yours

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc. Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Trainee 2014 / 10,000 Job Opportunities Nationwide / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.