Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Top Things Not Required During Interviews. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top Things Not Required During Interviews. (10287 Views)

Citibank Nigeria Recruiting Representatives (Bsc Not Required) / Top 15 Interview Questions And Answers That Candidates Fails During Interviews / How Can I Calm My Nerves During Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by AmadorSays: 1:10pm On Feb 29
Nice read, thanks so these tips.
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by SafariHunter(m): 1:20pm On Feb 29
[quote author=Rubyjade post=128692714][/quote]

Hi

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Rubyjade: 2:17pm On Feb 29
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Volunteer Personal Assistant

Employment Type: Volunteer

Description

We require the services of Volunteer Personal Assistant (Remote). If you are passionate about media, marketing, and personal assistance, and possess the skills and dedication to thrive in a dynamic remote environment, we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities

Provide comprehensive administrative support to the team, including managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and handling correspondence.
Assist in managing social media platforms and executing digital marketing campaigns.
Conduct research and compile reports as needed.
Assist with content creation and editing tasks.
Handle ad-hoc tasks and projects as assigned by the team.
Requirements

Strong organizational and time management skills.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Proficiency in social media management and digital marketing strategies.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote environment.
Personal assistant experience is a plus.
Remuneration
N10,000 stipend and data support

Application Closing Date
31st March, 2024.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter, and links to their portfolio showcasing their relevant experience to: precisemediaacademy@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
SafariHunter:

Hi
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by SafariHunter(m): 2:31pm On Feb 29
Rubyjade:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Volunteer Personal Assistant

Employment Type: Volunteer

Description

We require the services of Volunteer Personal Assistant (Remote). If you are passionate about media, marketing, and personal assistance, and possess the skills and dedication to thrive in a dynamic remote environment, we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities

Provide comprehensive administrative support to the team, including managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and handling correspondence.
Assist in managing social media platforms and executing digital marketing campaigns.
Conduct research and compile reports as needed.
Assist with content creation and editing tasks.
Handle ad-hoc tasks and projects as assigned by the team.
Requirements

Strong organizational and time management skills.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Proficiency in social media management and digital marketing strategies.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote environment.
Personal assistant experience is a plus.
Remuneration
N10,000 stipend and data support

Application Closing Date
31st March, 2024.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter, and links to their portfolio showcasing their relevant experience to: precisemediaacademy@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by sonofthunder: 2:40pm On Feb 29
Pharaoh4rin:
My guy returned from an interview the other day and he was quarrelling, cursing and insulting the interviewers. When I sought to know what what's up, it was crazy.

■ How could ask a guy not to barb skin cut/molo/skull because you claimed it makes the person a cultist.

■How would you asked a guy to name 25 car brands and their country of origin.

The second one may not be so invalid unless na suffer head company. If it's a vehicle sales role or similar, he can flex his muscles for the ones he knows and wrap it up with wisdom.

I've discovered that some of these interviewers have serious psychotic issues. One was arguing with a friend of mine about his own graduating CGPA that what my friend mentioned cannot be correct. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by jelel6: 3:58pm On Feb 29
Meerahbel:
You're very correct madam.

It was a surprised to me during a program, there was this senior HR Manager that we were in the same hotel together. She was on a phone conversation with a candidate negotiating salary. After much deliberations, she told the candidate to get his last payslip and send to him.

I had to tell her asking for a payslip of a candidate before accepting to pay him or her what they're asking is unnecessary. As a matter of fact, I had to even used this as an example to explain things to her. The woman NO GREE FOR ME OOO.

It's unfortunate that some HR practitioners are still obsolete in their operations.

Thank you for sharing knowledge.

I'm not an HR. And I don't want any company asking for my payslip. However, them asking or choosing not to ask is neither obsolete or modern. It's just what it is: corporate norms. All over the world, it's standard practice. Especially in a world where two employees on the same level or team are likely to be compensated different according to their negotiating power. The candidate is always at liberty to refuse and tell the company to fuckoff though.

I know most companies ask for payslip because of salary negotiations. However, it's just due diligence for others to ensure the candidate worked for a particular company and for the duration they claimed.

It may look like the company holds all the advantage if they know what you're earning previously, but it's not always the case.
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:42pm On Feb 29
sonofthunder:

The second one may not be so invalid unless na suffer head company. If it's a vehicle sales role or similar, he can flex his muscles for the ones he knows and wrap it up with wisdom.

I've discovered that some of these interviewers have serious psychotic issues. One was arguing with a friend of mine about his own graduating CGPA that what my friend mentioned cannot be correct. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Yo kidding!
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by femi4: 5:54pm On Feb 29
jelel6:

I'm not an HR. And I don't want any company asking for my payslip. However, them asking or choosing not to ask is neither obsolete or modern. It's just what it is: corporate norms. All over the world, it's standard practice. Especially in a world where two employees on the same level or team are likely to be compensated different according to their negotiating power. The candidate is always at liberty to refuse and tell the company to fuckoff though.

I know most companies ask for payslip because of salary negotiations. However, it's just due diligence for others to ensure the candidate worked for a particular company and for the duration they claimed.

It may look like the company holds all the advantage if they know what you're earning previously, but it's not always the case.
Stop lying
Which standard practice? Why is KPMG or Deollitte not practicing that?

What's obtainable in a saner clime is references from your past employer and reason for leaving your job.

Hr have no business asking for your payslip, you are not collecting loan or renting a house from the company

1 Like

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by jelel6: 7:46pm On Feb 29
femi4:
Stop lying
Which standard practice? Why is KPMG or Deollitte not practicing that?

What's obtainable in a saner clime is references from your past employer and reason for leaving your job.

Hr have no business asking for your payslip, you are not collecting loan or renting a house from the company

Oh, because KPMG and Deloitte don't ask for payslip that means every other company must be doing the same. Is it illegal to ask in both the UK and Netherlands, certainly not. Company asks according to their own discretion.

A lot more companies verbally ask your current renumeration during the course of your interviews with them, what you say, and the consequences of your reply about that is on you.

It may not be as common again in other countries to ask about previous salary payslips, but still a possibility you get asked depending on the company till tomorrow.

In Nigeria, it's even a miracle if the big corporates don't ask. Nigeria is part of the world. It's standard practice until the law makes it illegal.
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by sonofthunder: 7:53pm On Feb 29
Pharaoh4rin:

grin grin grin
Yo kidding!

I wish I was. The guy was so annoyed like he couldn't understand what the man was trying to get at.

1 Like

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by femi4: 9:56pm On Feb 29
jelel6:

Oh, because KPMG and Deloitte don't ask for payslip that means every other company must be doing the same. Is it illegal to ask in both the UK and Netherlands, certainly not. Company asks according to their own discretion.

A lot more companies verbally ask your current renumeration during the course of your interviews with them, what you say, and the consequences of your reply about that is on you.

It may not be as common again in other countries to ask about previous salary payslips, but still a possibility you get asked depending on the company till tomorrow.

In Nigeria, it's even a miracle if the big corporates don't ask. Nigeria is part of the world. It's standard practice until the law makes it illegal.
KPMG isn't only in Nigeria, in the UK, only credit facilitators and landlords ask for payslips. Employers are only interested in your background check, criminal records, references, right to work etc

1 Like

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Rubyjade: 10:02pm On Feb 29
SafariHunter:

Thank you very much
You welcome. wink
Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by Meerahbel: 3:38pm On Mar 04
Oga go one side jare
jelel6:

Re: Top Things Not Required During Interviews. by jelel6: 11:12pm On Mar 04
Meerahbel:
Oga go one side jare
All this while? Slow and predictable as expected.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! / Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL / Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc. Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Trainee 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.