Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown (31632 Views)

Tigran Gambaryan Wife, Yuki Seeks US Intervention On Husband Detained In Nigeria / FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives / Bitcoin Falls Sharply After China Signals Cryptocurrency Crackdown (2) (3) (4)

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by PepeXKermit: 11:00pm On Feb 28
Connected1:

Buy the Deep na if you get mind 🤤

I don't like Tinubu and his cohorts but lock up, Binance is a menace.
so other countries wey dey use am, na menace also?
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by ShootThemAll(m): 11:01pm On Feb 28
socialmediaman:
You arrested who? On what charges? Mention their names and portfolios let's check something. Those details are usually leaked to the press.

This news is trash unless Binance confirms it

If you have to go to the point of stealing someone else's mandate, at least do what the mandate requires

100% TRASH!!! MEDIA PROPAGANDA BY THE AGBADO TEAM TO DIVERT ATTENTION ON WHATS GOING ON

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by aribisala0(m): 11:02pm On Feb 28
bigiyaro:
Fake news, this govt better call a spade a spade and take the bull by the horn, shey na normal street boys dey run the 28 billion package? Abeg, face all the state governors, ministers, perm secs, and all seniors public servants, and leave BINANCE alone. I cash out $60 today from ice network airdrop, am buying a laptop as investment as a professional airdrop hunter. Tinubu leave crypto and face the thieves in your government.
https://www.ft.com/content/1507509b-7bbc-48a1-9828-d777036fff2b
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Mrexcell(m): 11:02pm On Feb 28
Brendaniel:
If true, Tinubu and his financial advisers are only fighting the symptoms and not the root cause....

Buhari and his boys that looted trillions of nigeria's common wealth which caused the crashing of the naira is enjoying his loot somewhere while tinibu is busy chasing shadows.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by ADSP116(m): 11:04pm On Feb 28
Oga you are still on this mandate matter, when Obi the dreamer boy hasince move on , even we saw him and Seyi Tinubu they wine and dine together 😊 [quotepost=128696344]You arrested what charges? Mention their nportfolios let's check something. Those details are usually leaked to the press.

If you have to go to the point of stealing someone else's mandate, at least do what the mandate requires

[/quote]

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by jaytimeo: 11:08pm On Feb 28
What about the money we borrowed what about the money nnpc is supposed to be remitting what about cutting cost on governance and foreign trips?
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Eecho(m): 11:09pm On Feb 28
Putindbutt:
They must cough out the $28billion, every money laundering platform is in trouble.
Go and make money Oga .
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by PepeXKermit: 11:16pm On Feb 28
Connected1:

Buy the Deep na if you get mind 🤤

I don't like Tinubu and his cohorts but lock up, Binance is a menace.

Lol. You know nothing check my previous posts in business/investment section, this crypto cycle will be my third and i know the dynamics of the market. I tell you snd will say it again, the first aid approach your baba sope people dey play is just for the interim, dollar rats about to sky rocket, tell me since when dollar was 150, when has it ever gone up then csme back down? Answer the question correctly and win 200k.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by purehustle101(m): 11:28pm On Feb 28
Stock pile when everyone is selling and sale when everyone is buying.. see you guys at the top
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by HeroicMeastro: 11:39pm On Feb 28
Massiveglory:
I hope this fire brigade approach will not land naira to 3000 to a dollar.
Is this the way to attract investors?
This fire brigade approach could give you tempoary reliefs but greater problems.

I should think this approach and strength should be tailored more into shifting Nigeria from a consuming nation to a producing nation and strengthening institutions to curb corruption to bearest minimum begining from the top.

If you the leave root of the problem in the nation and begin to cut off the branch with all your strength, it is more of using a basket to fetch water.
Which mumu investors do we need if our economy is on the sabotage?

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by HeroicMeastro: 11:39pm On Feb 28
Massiveglory:
This fire brigade approach could give you tempoary reliefs but greater problems.

I should think this approach and strength should be tailored more into shifting Nigeria from a consuming nation to a producing nation and strengthening institutions to curb corruption to bearest minimum begining from the top.

If you the leave root of the problem in the nation and begin to cut off the branch with all your strength, it is more of using a basket to fetch water.
Which mumu investors do we need if our economy is been sabotaged?

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by sheriffindy(m): 11:41pm On Feb 28
No wonder I haven't seen their annoying unwanted ads recently especially OctaFx

I can browse more peacefully now

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by play5050: 11:47pm On Feb 28
socialmediaman:
You arrested who? On what charges? Mention their names and portfolios let's check something. Those details are usually leaked to the press.

Who's mandate was stolen?

Do u even know what stolen mandate means?

Election has come and go, u are still in pain when people are already planning for 2027.

Only Atiku and Tinubu that has a mandate and no body complained among them about stolen mandate

Besides court allow Atiku to prove if his mandate was actually stolen but he couldn't prove that.

Upon everything, bitterness and hatred too much in una mind.

And your brother want to be a president, when u have make everybody your enemy already, who will support you

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by onegig(m): 12:04am On Feb 29
Now we are talking. About time.

And for all those saying we need FDI. Please list one single functional business Binance has facilitated the injection of foreign investment into the country. Just one functional investment in the real sector of the economy.

List one single country where arbitrage and non beneficial money trading helped grow the economy.

We all shout of kidnappings and ransome and wonder how terrorists are financing their gun running

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by tefund(m): 12:10am On Feb 29
Putindbutt:
They must cough out the $28billion, every money laundering platform is in trouble.
Kiddo!!
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by onegig(m): 12:14am On Feb 29
Massiveglory:

Name the fdi Binance and crypo is facilitating for Nigeria. Name one investment in the real sector that their platforms have enabled.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by DaddyJapan(m): 12:33am On Feb 29
socialmediaman:

Mr flame thrower (Economic Hit Man), calm the eff down! Stop hyperventilating.
Nigeria is not a failed state as some of you like to proclaim it is.
Binance's eff-up will be treated through legal rather that extra-judicial channels.

While the full identities of the two Binance executives remain sketchy as of press time Wednesday night, PREMIUM TIMES gathered that one of them is an American and the other a British-Pakistani.

The Nigerian government also obtained a court warrant to detain the officials for at least twelve days in the first instance.

A source with knowledge of the matter told PREMIUM TIMES that the investigation was consequently taken over by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) while the two executives were detained at a guest house near the Office of the National Security Adviser.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/672903-exclusive-inside-details-of-how-nigerian-govt-detained-binance-executives.html

Finally, it appears we have an NSA who is putting his global "connects" to work. cool

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Iamkellychucks: 12:35am On Feb 29
Banning binance won't stop what's happening people are still trading dollar ...if you want to redeem gift cards,boost accounts or buy account DM me ,i sell foams and home accessories, incase you're in umuahia.....you can call or WhatsApp me 09135380376
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Jackson105: 12:42am On Feb 29
Massiveglory:

Just sharap! Pained loserr

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Ezemeiyogu(m): 1:00am On Feb 29
Arrest them all! Anybody who sabotages the effort to crash the dollar. Including Young Nigerians who rather want to live in Binance and worsen the state of our naira, politicians who launder money or transact in dollars in a sovereign state and Every economic saboteur home or abroad.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by socialmediaman: 1:37am On Feb 29
DaddyJapan:

Mr flame thrower (Economic Hit Man), calm the eff down! Stop hyperventilating.
Nigeria is not a failed state as some of you like to proclaim it is.
Binance's eff-up will be treated through legal rather that extra-judicial channels.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/672903-exclusive-inside-details-of-how-nigerian-govt-detained-binance-executives.html

Finally, it appears we have an NSA who is putting his global "connects" to work. cool

So their names and portfolios at Binance are "American" and "British-Pakistani"? Tell us, we want to check something.

Ebola should just sell the Atlantic ocean to his supporters. I know they will buy

Meanwhile, let's wait for Binance to confirm this, else it remains in the trash bin
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Hoelujohn: 2:02am On Feb 29
Massiveglory:

Na 1dollar to 50k. Werey people. So na through crypto you dey expect FDI? USA has even arrested their CEO for fraud and he is expected to pay over $4billion in fines.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Ilekokonit: 2:21am On Feb 29
In the last one year alone, $26 billion has passed through Binance Nigeria from sources and users who we cannot adequately identify he stated.

Nigeria's TOTAL Foreign Exchange Reserves stood at $33 billion as at 3rd January 2024.

So, in the last 12 months alone 79% of Nigeria's TOTAL Foreign Exchange Reserves passed through a dodgy online trading platform and was used to speculate against the Naira hence its apocalyptic descent.

When will the corrupt elite in Nigeria pretend to have a conscience or show even a whiff of care for the 200 million down trodden Nigerians ??
https://punchng.com/external-reserves-shed-77m-in-december/

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by oneman2k7: 3:01am On Feb 29
Anytime I hear binance, na scam they come to my mind

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by danowena: 3:18am On Feb 29
socialmediaman:

Someone dat could not do anything tangible in Anambra. Ordinary gully erosion and good roads could not be done. And you are comparing him with someone that stopped the Atlantic ocean’s erosion on the coast line of lagos and brought some sense to road traffic laws and signage in lagos. Only saved state money in account for 8 years; money that lagos generates i a month.
An obi that watched doctors go on strike for over a year and allowed masses to die is suddenly a savior when he was categorically labeled the worse governor and should learn from Tinubu.
Please you guys should give urselves sense. Thank God Nigeria didn’t enter his one chance.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Caramia2020(m): 3:23am On Feb 29
Lifestone:

Even the USA charged Binance and forced it's Chief Executive to resign. They also pay a huge fine in excess of $2billion. Nigeria must make them to pay fines also in billions of Dollars
Fine that won't reflect in our economy, fine that they will eventually loot. Please think we'll.
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Father4all: 3:50am On Feb 29
Good. They are the idi. ots killing Nigeria economy. Unpatriotic people

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by bobo9ice: 4:05am On Feb 29
ShootThemAll:

100% TRASH!!! MEDIA PROPAGANDA BY THE AGBADO TEAM TO DIVERT ATTENTION ON WHATS GOING ON

No... they were found of BRECHES and SHARP PRACTICES in the US and they got some citations and FINE of 3B USD
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Nigeriakan: 4:07am On Feb 29
I just confirmed that indeed some people are sad to see Nigeria progress. What does anyone stand to gain if their country deteriorates every day?

May Olódùmarè, Chukwu, Allah, Abasi, the Orishas, the Universe, and all Metaphysical Forces give anyone who hates Nigeria's progress something to really be sad about in their life. Iṣẹ.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by bobo9ice: 4:17am On Feb 29
dre11:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-two-biance-executives-arrested-detained-in-crypto-crackdown/

Binance Fined Over $4B For Not Guarding Against Money Laundering, Hamas Transactions: Garland. Binance, the world's largest cryptocurrency exchange, was fined Tuesday $4.3 billion after CEO Changpeng Zhao pleaded guilty to failing to comply with US anti-money laundering and funding of terrorism laws.Nov 23, 2023
https://www.nasdaq.com › articles
Binance Fined Over $4B For Not Guarding Against Money Laundering

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by olaxm: 4:29am On Feb 29
Nairaland peeps no dey disappoint. How can a sane person think it can stop P2P exchange of good and service that is power by Escrow. If you stop Binance that act as Escrow. Another escrow will rise. Their eyes gon soon clear By the time oga patata of escrow which is DEX start. The world is going Defi thru blockchain and these people are so blind to see.

P2P is bigger than Binance or any exchange. World governments are just afraid of the freedom that comes with decentralised money.[/quote]

Naira Makes U-turn, Drops To N385 / MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe / Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103