Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown (31602 Views)

Tigran Gambaryan Wife, Yuki Seeks US Intervention On Husband Detained In Nigeria / FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives / Bitcoin Falls Sharply After China Signals Cryptocurrency Crackdown (2) (3) (4)

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Sctests: 4:43am On Feb 29
Rostikol:

SHUT YOUR ROTTEN, STINKING MOUTH THERE.

OBI LOST THE ELECTION FAIR AND SQUARE, YOU STUPID, WORTHLESS, IPOB, OUTCAST ASSWIPE.

Nlfpmod, fergie001, lalasticlala, Seun. Why is this guy not banned even after several reports?/?
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Konquest: 4:46am On Feb 29
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by hardon1(m): 5:27am On Feb 29
BannedUser:
P2P is bigger than Binance or any exchange. World governments are just afraid of the freedom that comes with decentralised money.

It's like binance has disabled p2p for NGN

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by miketayo(m): 5:31am On Feb 29
Lifestone:

Even the USA charged Binance and forced it's Chief Executive to resign. They also pay a huge fine in excess of $2billion. Nigeria must make them to pay fines also in billions of Dollars

Let's assume FG fined them $10billion dollars, and they paid, where do you think the money will go?
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Konquest: 5:36am On Feb 29
Ilekokonit:

Nigeria's TOTAL Foreign Exchange Reserves stood at $33 billion as at 3rd January 2024.

So, in the last 12 months alone 79% of Nigeria's TOTAL Foreign Exchange Reserves passed through a dodgy online trading platform and was used to speculate against the Naira hence its apocalyptic descent.

When will the corrupt elite in Nigeria pretend to have a conscience or show even a whiff of care for the 200 million down trodden Nigerians ??
https://punchng.com/external-reserves-shed-77m-in-december/
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Sirianese: 5:42am On Feb 29
Meanwhile una dey for Grenada dey carry expired olosho after using Nigeria crude oil to do gbanjo

God dey see una o, APC government of thieves and criminals
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Sirianese: 5:46am On Feb 29
Rostikol:

SHUT YOUR ROTTEN, STINKING MOUTH THERE.

OBI LOST THE ELECTION FAIR AND SQUARE, YOU STUPID, WORTHLESS, IPOB, OUTCAST ASSWIPE.

Rossti-mental, generation of slave....your Bini people no colonise Japan again?

You will die in chains bro no hope for your life
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Tareq1105: 6:45am On Feb 29
Brendaniel:
If true, Tinubu and his financial advisers are only fighting the symptoms and not the root cause....

No. The strategy is deal with the symptoms in the short run (immediate) and deal with the root cause gradually in the long run.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Tradepunter2: 6:46am On Feb 29
brainpulse:
Good work. Every country must do everything to protect the national interests. US, UK etc have done it. We must not leave our nation to fraudsters and manipulators.

You are very right my brother..... Nigeria economic interest must be protected at all cost
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by sweetgala(m): 6:55am On Feb 29
EreluRoz:
If I say my mind now they'll come for me but in reality I'm saying the truth.

Just very few people doing this thing called binance in a clean way

It seems to me to be a money laundering tool. I already know all these yahoo boys move their money through digital money and crypto.
And there now seems to be some people who speculate there too.

It seems to be where looted money in Nigeria and questionable funds trying to enter Nigeria meet.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by sweetgala(m): 6:57am On Feb 29
socialmediaman:
You arrested who? On what charges? Mention their names and portfolios let's check something. Those details are usually leaked to the press.

This news is trash unless Binance confirms it

If you have to go to the point of stealing someone else's mandate, at least do what the mandate requires

Binance are not going to go public and publish that two of their execs are under investigation, what would they gain from that they'll only unsettle investors and risk loosing subscriptions.

They'll play like they are lock in step helping the regulators and claim they've played according to the rules.
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by sweetgala(m): 6:59am On Feb 29
Nbote:
Binance Executives in Nigeria Hahahaha Abeg na lie jare. It's just like claiming they arrested twitter or Facebook execs in Nigeria
First things first they claim we are not earning enough from exports that's why naira is falling, so why the attacks on

I'm sure they have VPs who handle the Africa/M.east regions. This was apparently reported by guardian UK who have strong connection. Remember this is not the mirror

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by EnterpriseMan: 7:01am On Feb 29
Lol it hurts them that they can't tax or seize peoples bitcoin grin grin grin grin Bitcoin all the way.
Those that want to remain in suffering should have at it.
They're trying to make sure they control ever penny we have
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Brendaniel: 7:01am On Feb 29
Tareq1105:

No. The strategy is deal with the symptoms in the short run (immediate) and deal with the root cause gradually in the long run.

You guys trying to defend rubbish...

So someone has malaria, the doctor then starts treating headache first, then leaves the malaria as long term treatment, also when you know that the doctor has a history of telling liesof promising and failing to do....
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by EreluRoz: 7:05am On Feb 29
sweetgala:

It seems to me to be a money laundering tool. I already know all these yahoo boys move their money through digital money and crypto.
And there now seems to be some people who speculate there too.

It seems to be where looted money in Nigeria and questionable funds trying to enter Nigeria meet.
You get it right there. But whenever I talk down on crypto and all these things the few legitimate ones will attack, I don't even know if they are pretending not to have full knowledge of how looting and scamming goes on in these things.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by socialmediaman: 7:09am On Feb 29
sweetgala:

Binance are not going to go public and publish that two of their execs are under investigation, what would they gain from that they'll only unsettle investors and risk loosing subscriptions.

They'll play like they are lock in step helping the regulators and claim they've played according to the rules.

Is it the same Binance that warned its investors about money laundering investigations, and pled guilty to money laundering charges? Or there's another secret Binance you know that we don't?
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by racerve(m): 7:11am On Feb 29
Ilekokonit:

Nigeria's TOTAL Foreign Exchange Reserves stood at $33 billion as at 3rd January 2024.

So, in the last 12 months alone 79% of Nigeria's TOTAL Foreign Exchange Reserves passed through a dodgy online trading platform and was used to speculate against the Naira hence its apocalyptic descent.

When will the corrupt elite in Nigeria pretend to have a conscience or show even a whiff of care for the 200 million down trodden Nigerians ??
https://punchng.com/external-reserves-shed-77m-in-december/

What exactly does "passed through" mean?

And how did FG get that figure, if they're arresting Binance execs for not revealing user data in the first place?

When you do P2P on Binance, no money leaves Nigeria. The naira buyers pay with, is it UK or Dubai accounts they pay into?

Try and educate yourself instead of parroting what you don't understand. Crypto is not the cause of Nigeria's problems, it's just today's scapegoat.

By next week they'll find something else to blame.
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:13am On Feb 29
socialmediaman:

Is it the same Binance that warned its investors about money laundering investigations, and pled guilty to money laundering charges? Or there's another secret Binance you know that we don't?

Are you American? wink
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by sweetgala(m): 7:42am On Feb 29
socialmediaman:

Didn't know they've gone that far. I've always stayed away from crypto conversations. You mention crypto around me and you loose me. It's just like another pyramid scheme to me.

And many of the adherents don't even understand basics of economic and tade.

I have experience trading Fx which I've left behind it's juts not worth the effort I just focus on the legacy stuff stocks and bonds now, an European friends tried to introduce me to bitcoin in 2011 when it was popular on 4chan anr all these dark web sites for purchasing prescriptions medicine, maryJ, valium etcc online, and my opinion of it has been formed since then as only useful for illicit trade wven when it was 60k that never changed.
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Mikuni(m): 8:01am On Feb 29
Massiveglory:
I hope this fire brigade approach will not land naira to 3000 to a dollar.
Is this the way to attract investors?
This fire brigade approach could give you tempoary reliefs but greater problems.

I should think this approach and strength should be tailored more into shifting Nigeria from a consuming nation to a producing nation and strengthening institutions to curb corruption to bearest minimum begining from the top.

If you the leave root of the problem in the nation and begin to cut off the branch with all your strength, it is more of using a basket to fetch water.
Are you not supposed to curb corruption first, and then generate enough cash, before you can revamp our industries?

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Mikuni(m): 8:04am On Feb 29
tunjijones:
That's not my concern

Tinubu, if he can't repair the country as promised, can he take us back to how we were before he took over?

Wetin dem use the money dem save from subsidy do?
You want to go back to buhari who was borrowing 160 billion USD yearly to finance subsidy? Dey play

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Krigbe: 8:19am On Feb 29
To me the platform is not the problem, it's the people using the platform.
The problem is bigger than the platform usage.
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:20am On Feb 29
Massiveglory:
I hope this fire brigade approach will not land naira to 3000 to a dollar.
Is this the way to attract investors?
This fire brigade approach could give you tempoary reliefs but greater problems.

I should think this approach and strength should be tailored more into shifting Nigeria from a consuming nation to a producing nation and strengthening institutions to curb corruption to bearest minimum begining from the top.

If you the leave root of the problem in the nation and begin to cut off the branch with all your strength, it is more of using a basket to fetch water.

These are thieves, not investors.

Though, I must say Nigerians are likewise involved.

Just like us to turn something good into a chance for evil.

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by isamshow: 8:55am On Feb 29
racerve:

What exactly does "passed through" mean?

And how did FG get that figure, if they're arresting Binance execs for not revealing user data in the first place?

When you do P2P on Binance, no money leaves Nigeria. The naira buyers pay with, is it UK or Dubai accounts they pay into?

Try and educate yourself instead of parroting what you don't understand. Crypto is not the cause of Nigeria's problems, it's just today's scapegoat.

By next week they'll find something else to blame.

Fact!

Until we all understand that the problem Nigeria economy is facing is neither dollar nor Oil but the people behind it then our government will experience growth.

Nigeria Politicians
Market merchants
You and I

Are the problem of this country.

Point: when dollar experienced falls last two days, does any goods price drop?

We need to renew and change our mind.

Peace!

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Okoroawusa: 9:06am On Feb 29
Livingstone124:
Ask GOOGLE
I just asked Google and Google said that Bola Ahmed Tinubu won the Nigerian 2023 presidential election.

Abi na Simon Ekpa Google you wan make I ask? Abi Nnamdi Kanu own?

Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by eniolurunda151: 9:48am On Feb 29
Good oneGood one...
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by fxexperts: 10:03am On Feb 29
EreluRoz:
If I say my mind now they'll come for me but in reality I'm saying the truth.

Just very few people doing this thing called binance in a clean way
illiteracy will not kill you,
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by ShootThemAll(m): 10:27am On Feb 29
bobo9ice:

No... they were found of BRECHES and SHARP PRACTICES in the US and they got some citations and FINE of 3B USD

101% media propaganda to deceive gullible Nigerians. 95% of BDC's are owned by CBN top officials and that's how they exchange looted naira meant to carry out projects to $$$ Dollars.

BINANCE is not our problem, our problem is corrupt politicians from the top. All the funds Bita Edu diverted, do you think *he has it in Naira stacked somewhere, NO! They do change it to $$dollars... That's just for one minister, multiply it by 48 Ministers, 36 Governors, 109 Senators, 360 House of Reps etc
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by socialmediaman: 10:39am On Feb 29
sweetgala:

Didn't know they've gone that far. I've always stayed away from crypto conversations. You mention crypto around me and you loose me. It's just like another pyramid scheme to me.

And many of the adherents don't even understand basics of economic and tade.

I have experience trading Fx which I've left behind it's juts not worth the effort I just focus on the legacy stuff stocks and bonds now, an European friends tried to introduce me to bitcoin in 2011 when it was popular on 4chan anr all these dark web sites for purchasing prescriptions medicine, maryJ, valium etcc online, and my opinion of it has been formed since then as only useful for illicit trade wven when it was 60k that never changed.

So in summary, FG pushed out some propaganda, you believed it, then you're explaining it to others, after having done zero research on the topic?

What are you going to do next? Call Obidients names because you have been told to?
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Livingstone124: 11:01am On Feb 29
Okoroawusa:

I just asked Google and Google said that Bola Ahmed Tinubu won the Nigerian 2023 presidential election.

Abi na Simon Ekpa Google you wan make I ask? Abi Nnamdi Kanu own?
Ask GOOGLE+. Olodo and upgrade your SIM card to 5g network and buy better phone, not that your Nokia Touch
Re: Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown by Cjsarima: 11:45am On Feb 29
Please help. What other method can I use to withdraw from Airtm right now. P2P isn't working

Pipeline Pigging Factory Opens In Owerri (Photos) / Postal Codes of Nigerian Cities? / Caption This Picture Of Femi Otedola And Dangote.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49