Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To (17735 Views)

Why I Mostly Sing In Yoruba Language – Asake / Download Music: 'I Don't Care' By Steves J. Bryan (free Mp3 Download) / MUSIC--I Too Like Woman By Rema Download Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by Printme1: 11:34pm On Feb 28
Music is powerful and ADDICTIVE.

You start out not liking a particular type of music and then one day you hit a song you like and from there, you start liking other songs by the singer.

And then new songs from the genre.

It was like this for me with music.

Rap songs was never my thing. I could remember back then in 2010 or 2009. I just wouldn't listen to rap songs.

For one, I didn't think it was music. Rap never felt like music to me. And Secondly, I don't want to struggle to understand what was being said.

Anyways, I listened to Eminem's Not Afraid and became instantly hooked.

I listened to the song almost all through the day. And then I listened to more of his songs, pick a lots of favorites which became my Playlist.

I then started searching for more rappers like him and stuffs.

Back to 2024 now, I want to change my taste of music. And there's a huge reason for this.

Music sends messages to our subconscious. It dictates moods and thoughts and can easily influence how you view yourself and the people around you.

I have gone very deep in this rap culture, started listening to songs by the likes of Meek Mill, NF, Juice WRLD, and so on.

But when I look at the lifestyle of these people, the way they talk, act and behave, I always have one single thought: "these are not the kind of people I should be drawing my inspiration from"

Not to judge but most of these people are not the kind of role models I want or would ever want to look up to.

Secondly, their songs nowadays are always very depressing, deprecating and self focused and I didn't like how these songs make me see the world.

I realized this was a problem a while ago but I kept listening to these songs because I've grown accustom to them or should I say addicted.

But for the last few months, I've been making changes to my music taste. I've included more gospel songs to my library. Thanks to Chris Morgan and others, I now force myself to listen to gospel songs.

And it has not really been easy. But I'm happy to say that even though I subconsciously miss those rap songs, I'm glad to be making efforts to listen to different genres now.

I'm also listening to more Nigerian songs especially Afrobeats. I judge these are "feel good" songs and most of the time, they keep you in high spirit and probably make you want to dance.

This to me feels a lot better than the depressing feelings I get from western raps.

Honestly, you'll never know how things are if you're not trying to leave it.

A few days ago I saw a friend listening to NF and the first thing I wanted to tell him was to leave these types of music that causes depression.

But then again, everyone had their choice and I just kept quiet.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by Spagi(m): 11:41pm On Feb 28
As a song writer juice world song its the best cant live without it,emo rap music is my thing for life just waiting for my time to shine

12 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by 2shure: 2:34am On Feb 29
Marshall matters LP. The whole album.2001.i can't forget it.i still play it almost every week.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by Carcholce: 5:44am On Feb 29
Printme1:

Secondly, their songs nowadays are always very depressing, deprecating and self focused and I didn't like how these songs make me see the world.

👌

OP, how can I fetch from your well of knowledge? I need two liters

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by VinnyBaba: 7:16am On Feb 29
OP, you have a Point. smiley

Remind of a friend in 2013 who became Born again and Deleted all his favorite Olamide songs in his phone.

But listening to Gospel songs does not mean You will be successful or Ur Life will automatically improve. sad

You need to Act more and look for better ways of pursuing ur goals. smiley

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by SkengRay: 7:32am On Feb 29
Yeah broski. I stopped listening to all these low vibrational music these industry plants are feeding us. I've started listening to Eric Donaldson, Bob Marley, Lucky Dube, Majek Fashek and the rest. And Also 1960s Highlife music, Apala- My fav atm

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by gud4vvvvv: 8:07am On Feb 29
Music is spiritual not only addictive but as a rev father told me: the genre of a music is not the problem but the content of the music.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by MrCork: 9:04am On Feb 29
Printme1:

You start out not liking a particular type of music and then one day you hit a song you like and from there, you start liking other songs by the singer.

And then new songs from the genre.

It was like this for me with music.

Rap songs was never my thing. I could remember back then in 2010 or 2009. I just wouldn't listen to rap songs.

For one, I didn't think it was music. Rap never felt like music to me. And Secondly, I don't want to struggle to understand what was being said.

Anyways, I listened to Eminem's Not Afraid and became instantly hooked.

I listened to the song almost all through the day. And then I listened to more of his songs, pick a lots of favorites which became my Playlist.

I then started searching for more rappers like him and stuffs.

Back to 2024 now, I want to change my taste of music. And there's a huge reason for this.

Music sends messages to our subconscious. It dictates moods and thoughts and can easily influence how you view yourself and the people around you.

I have gone very deep in this rap culture, started listening to songs by the likes of Meek Mill, NF, Juice WRLD, and so on.

But when I look at the lifestyle of these people, the way they talk, act and behave, I always have one single thought: "these are not the kind of people I should be drawing my inspiration from"

Not to judge but most of these people are not the kind of role models I want or would ever want to look up to.

I realized this was a problem a while ago but I kept listening to these songs because I've grown accustom to them or should I say addicted.

But for the last few months, I've been making changes to my music taste. I've included more gospel songs to my library. Thanks to Chris Morgan and others, I now force myself to listen to gospel songs.

And it has not really been easy. But I'm happy to say that even though I subconsciously miss those rap songs, I'm glad to be making efforts to listen to different genres now.

I'm also listening to more Nigerian songs especially Afrobeats. I judge these are "feel good" songs and most of the time, they keep you in high spirit and probably make you want to dance.

This to me feels a lot better than the depressing feelings I get from western raps.

Honestly, you'll never know how things are if you're not trying to leave it.

A few days ago I saw a friend listening to NF and the first thing I wanted to tell him was to leave these types of music that causes depression.

But then again, everyone had their choice and I just kept quiet.

why? So u stop watchin blue film? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by Xenry: 9:05am On Feb 29
You have a valid point.
Sometimes I listen to Juice wrld sad songs because they relate to my feelings at the moment.
But now I just want to be happy.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by richiemcgold: 9:10am On Feb 29
Seems you didn't enjoy the best of rap though. I say this because (apart from Eminem), those artists you mentioned are not really hardcore rappers. Have you tried Wu Tang, ice cube, Dr Dre, Andre 3000, Nas, big pun, Naughty by nature, LL cool j, Redman & Method man, 50cent, Jay Z, Biggie smalls and others?

Check this out below: some of my best rap songs of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLSbWDVI_pw?si=HFLbhDuM-6epNr1K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYxAiK6VnXw?si=NKUh_9dDJNgbcwki

All in all, reggae is the best song I can recommend for any music lover. No other genre of song is as spiritual, inspirational and evergreen like reggae; most especially root reggae of the 60s, 70s & 80s.

SkengRay:
Yeah broski. I've started listening to Eric Donaldson, Bob Marley, Lucky Dube, Majek Fashek and the rest. And Also 1960s Highlife music

You Sabi quality music; walahi. 🫡🫡🫡
Nothin sounds better than a root reggae vibes.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by Talkisneeded: 9:37am On Feb 29
Music is everything man, everything in life...

I sell everything for sexual enhancement tho

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by Printme1: 9:44am On Feb 29
VinnyBaba:

Remind of a friend in 2013 who became Born again and Deleted all his favorite Olamide songs in his phone.

But listening to Gospel songs does not mean You will be successful or Ur Life will automatically improve. sad

Not saying that I'm born again. I just don't feel these songs give me the right things to feed my mind with.

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by Printme1: 9:47am On Feb 29
SkengRay:
Yeah broski. I stopped listening to all these low vibrational music these industry plants are feeding us.
seriously. Everyone seems to want to be the devil soo bad.

It's the most demoralizing stuff I've ever seen so far.

I'm trying all I can to remain committed to this goal. I can't continue to pollute my mind this way again.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by SkengRay: 11:33am On Feb 29
richiemcgold:
Seems you didn't enjoy the best of rap though. I say this because (apart from Eminem), those artists you mentioned are not really hardcore rappers. Have you tried Wu Tang, ice cube, Dr Dre, Andre 3000, Nas, big pun, Naughty by nature, LL cool j, Redman & Method man, 50cent, Jay Z, Biggie smalls and others?

Check this out below: some of my best rap songs of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLSbWDVI_pw?si=HFLbhDuM-6epNr1K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYxAiK6VnXw?si=NKUh_9dDJNgbcwki

All in all, reggae is the best song I can recommend for any music lover. No other genre of song is as spiritual, inspirational and evergreen like reggae; most especially root reggae of the 60s, 70s & 80s.

You Sabi quality music; walahi. 🫡🫡🫡
Nothin sounds better than a root reggae vibes.
Ingesting Quality music runs in my bloodline grin. Past, Present and Future. Reggae Eric Donaldson has to be my favorite. Damn that guy is so creative

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by SkengRay: 11:41am On Feb 29
Printme1:
seriously. Everyone seems to want to be the devil soo bad.

It's the most demoralizing stuff I've ever seen so far.

I'm trying all I can to remain committed to this goal. I can't continue to pollute my mind this way again.
Like. Today's music is all Business. The way they effect that is mind control. I'm very careful of what I listen too. Infact I don't even stream music from does platforms. I download them directly

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by eepeepook: 12:08pm On Feb 29
Whatever rocks your boat.
Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by inoki247: 12:09pm On Feb 29
Lol whatever works for you....

I don't av any particular genre of music or any musicians I need to look up to....

I listen to music as my spirit leads...

Any type of genre even Fugi, APala, highlife wetin concern me the main goal is to lift my spirit up nd give myself hope that so far I can listen to this I still have hope that means I'm not dead yet.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by triple996(m): 12:09pm On Feb 29
MUSIC INFLUENCE OUR LIFESTYLE
Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by glaber: 12:09pm On Feb 29
personally I think it eventually boils down to being selective of the music one listen to, Im really not a big fan of American rap music but I do agree that there are some songs of that genre that are nice, same with Afrobeats which I listen to alot, but not all Afrobeats songs goes, I even don’t listen songs from some artists just because of the type of music they make.
Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by Cheapgadget(f): 12:10pm On Feb 29
Music is for vibing and entertainment, don't let it get to your head.

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by WhiteWood: 12:10pm On Feb 29
Same here, I now listen to jazz and souls -- Mann, these music touch the soul. Otis Redding -- Nina Simone -- and more

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by callmevirus(m): 12:10pm On Feb 29
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:11pm On Feb 29
THE MUSIC IN YOUR SENSORY SYSTEMS IS WHAT KEEPS YOU SANE OR INSANE.
IF NA GOD MUSIC ,OR OTHER GOOD INSPIRING MUSIC ,YOU HAVE SANITY.BIT

IF NA IGBOO MUSIC YOU KEEP GOING INSANE angry
Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by EdiskyHarry: 12:11pm On Feb 29
If you want to catch cruise, you can listen to nija music, but if you want to listen to good and real music, then play reggae songs like lucky dube, peter tosh, bob Marley, etc

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by AllahOfBlood: 12:11pm On Feb 29
cheesy
Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by Pastoshizzy(m): 12:12pm On Feb 29
Me. I'm old skool like Earth, Wind and Fire.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by sofeo(m): 12:12pm On Feb 29
Music transform our souls.

The music we listen to determine what how our inner world is formed and our spiritual life too.
Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by Artscollection: 12:13pm On Feb 29
Try

NAS!!!! He is a teacher!! Jayz speaks volume also
Tupac na poet cum rapper!! Kendrich they follow 2pac footstep.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:14pm On Feb 29
PARADIZEPRIEST:
THE MUSIC IN YOUR SENSORY SYSTEMS IS WHAT KEEPS YOU SANE OR INSANE.
IF NA GOD MUSIC ,OR OTHER GOOD INSPIRING MUSIC ,YOU HAVE SANITY.BIT

IF NA IGBOO MUSIC YOU KEEP GOING INSANE angry
This is the reason we have loads of youths today roaming the streets with disgusting dreadlocks and one ear-ring. angry

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by austine4real(m): 12:14pm On Feb 29
Na pesin wey don chop dey listen to music o grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Am Changing The Kind Of Music I Listen To by saasala(m): 12:14pm On Feb 29
VinnyBaba:

I'm the total opposite of this.

In 2013 I 'backslided' happily, renounced Christianity and Christ. I deleted all the gospel music on my phone and started listening to more of rap, RnB, Afrobeats, juju, fuji etc and I'm just loving it.

Now I listen to every kind of music, depending on my mood except gospel.
Music sometimes does not define the kind of person you are. Most times its just for the fun of it. You can listen to rap and rap along with them and say all those foul languages and all but in the real world, you are not that kind of person.

Top businessmen around the world listen to rap and even associate themselves with rappers but they don't smoke, or do drugs or use foul languages or sag their trousers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2Face Idibia Finally Releases Another Album? / Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station / When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.