Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,562 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother (20088 Views)

Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV / COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing / Can I Take Blood Tonic After Been On Augmentin Drugs For 7 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by oluwaseyi0: 1:42pm On Feb 29
That drug is subsidized for Nigeria why do you want to export it

He should get it in Canada

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by ndubuogaranya: 1:43pm On Feb 29
angry
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Yelight(m): 1:47pm On Feb 29
Just declare it as part of your luggage and the purpose. Trying to cover up is the reason why our guys enter trouble most times.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by fuck419: 1:48pm On Feb 29
Let him buy whatever drug he needs there. Abi you don carry too?
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by fuck419: 1:49pm On Feb 29
Awon skin to skin
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by biggie73(m): 1:52pm On Feb 29
You can. Go with the prescription. Nobody will bother you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by WantsandMore: 1:52pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:

I already tried sending to him via DHL...it has gotten to Canada but for close to a week now, no update no feedback. They requested for clarification on the drug because I initially stated that they were supplements. I have responded to them even attached a document which he used in getting the drugs free here in Nigeria before he traveled, still no update. We don't now if it will be delivered to him or rejected. Or is there another menas of sending it?
Why did you tag an ARV as supplements?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Smokedetector: 1:53pm On Feb 29
FreeStuffsNG:

ARVs are prescription medications.

HIV management is more than just drugs. Not even here in our HIV Clinics do we immediately place you on ARVs immediately, given the benefits of waiting outweighs the risk of immediately placing you on it, after the confirmation. We usually don't and it's standard in the tx guideline.

In his case, if he's yet to be placed on ARVs or eventually on a different class of ARVs from the ones you're taking there, your effort may amount to waste.

It's better he starts the treatment there first then discuss his concerns with his care provider. There are support groups that will help him even without you getting into any hassle.

This is actually dangerous information and misinformation while appearing to paint it as authentic.

Treatment is usually initiated ASAP, same day if possible.

It's okay to be unsure about something, it's not okay to confidently give misleading/wrong potentially dangerous information

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:53pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:

I already tried sending to him via DHL...it has gotten to Canada but for close to a week now, no update no feedback. They requested for clarification on the drug because I initially stated that they were supplements. I have responded to them even attached a document which he used in getting the drugs free here in Nigeria before he traveled, still no update. We don't now if it will be delivered to him or rejected. Or is there another menas of sending it?
you have started smuglling drugs? abi
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Jeffy1206(m): 1:54pm On Feb 29
So why the stress of carrying them from Nigeria, can't be get the drugs in Canada too? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by gabicon: 1:55pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:

Dude what's wrong with you? How will you send it via DHL? My guy buy garri, fish, poundo, spice etc put 2 or 3 bottles of the medicine inside the box, go to Nahco and send it to Canada. Don't over do it but putting a box full of medicine oh, just 2 or 3 bottles.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by FireUpNow(m): 2:03pm On Feb 29
Rahkman:
I no dey fùck skrep again

Nor be only cheap girls dey distribute HIV and other STDs ooo.. some very clean and expensive girls are homes to STDs and HIV. A girl a guy wants to marry infected him with hapatitis

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Chikolo24: 2:04pm On Feb 29
Jeffy1206:
So why the stress of carrying them from Nigeria, can't be get the drugs in Canada too? undecided

He'd pay heavily as he hasn't gotten his health insurance yet.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Chikolo24: 2:05pm On Feb 29
gabicon:

Dude what's wrong with you? How will you send it via DHL? My guy buy garri, fish, poundo, spice etc put 2 or 3 bottles of the medicine inside the box, go to Nahco and send it to Canada. Don't over do it but putting a box full of medicine oh, just 2 or 3 bottles.

Thanks bro..please guide me..which one is Nahco
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Chikolo24: 2:06pm On Feb 29
November24:

We can send it for you,my office is in Benin.
Same Dhl but way and means.

Well let me explain,I have seen my oga send these drugs too,I don't know how he does it. I worked with him,if u want I can send u his contact

Please assist
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by VaginaAcademic: 2:15pm On Feb 29
ValCon888:
So it was only when he applied for a visa he did medicals and discovered he was HIV+?

My sympathies to the girls he's already infected. I hope he's man enough to tell his sexual partners his status before he travels to prevent continuous transmission.
no be girl give am the hiv
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Codes151(m): 2:15pm On Feb 29
Put your drigs In your carry On. In a teflon white bag. Simple.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by VaginaAcademic: 2:15pm On Feb 29
ValCon888:
So it was only when he applied for a visa he did medicals and discovered he was HIV+?

My sympathies to the girls he's already infected. I hope he's man enough to tell his sexual partners his status before he travels to prevent continuous transmission.
i know of a guy who got hiv from his first sexual experience

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Raylight2(m): 2:18pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:
Dear Nairalanders,

My younger brother was diagnosed with HIV when he applied for a stidy visa to canda. Fortunately, he was granted the visa. However he is yet to get health insurance in Canada. I intend traveling there soon and they are asking that I come with his drugs.

Please advise. Can I travel with ARV drugs on his behalf? Are there risks associated?

Please help.

The drug isn't prohibited. Like someone already recommended, get Doctor's prescription and a possible letter to back it up. Put it in your luggage. They'll only scan and won't detect it and even if they do, it isn't a prohibited drug. Ordinarily, you no suppose disturb yourself for something like this. Just keep it in you "LUGGAGE" bag.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by maasoap(m): 2:22pm On Feb 29
FireUpNow:

Nor be only cheap girls dey distribute HIV and other STDs ooo.. some very clean and expensive girls are homes to STDs and HIV. A girl a guy wants to marry infected him with hapatitis
Very true and common. And that's because of trust.
Did the guy later marry her or they are still dating?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by linearity: 2:22pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:
Dear Nairalanders,

My younger brother was diagnosed with HIV when he applied for a stidy visa to canda. Fortunately, he was granted the visa. However he is yet to get health insurance in Canada. I intend traveling there soon and they are asking that I come with his drugs.

Please advise. Can I travel with ARV drugs on his behalf? Are there risks associated?

Please help.

You are not allowed to carry a prescription drug on board a plane for someone else.

But, you are totally fine if the prescriptions are in your name and the name on the prescription or Doctor’s note matches the name on your traveling documents.

Most licensed Pharmacists or Doctors in Nigeria would understand your situation and put the prescription or letter following the drugs in your name.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Faruq987: 2:23pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please help.

It's very simple, get a clear doctor prescription of the total quantity of the ARV drug/drugs you are travelling with. It c'd be for 3months, 6months, 9months or 1year.

NOTE: oyibos are not f**lish if you go/arrive at the Airport with more than the prescribed quantity, the drugs will be seized, for those that want to travel with Large quantity to sell over there.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by lakeside3020(m): 2:25pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:

He had already started treatment here in Nigeria. I reached out to the facility treating and they were the ones who sent me the drugs.
I am just at a loss as to how to get them to him.

Do you have any support group you could recommend he reach out to please.

Let him contact Blackcap Toronto ,will not say more than that

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Lisa290: 2:27pm On Feb 29
FireUpNow:

Scary indeed. Haptitis is a very terrible disease
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by DAENNINGA(m): 2:35pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please help.

Are they called drugs or medications in Canada. Hope you're giving it the right name. In some climes like UK, drugs are hard substances which are illegal. You could have to do some explanations by just calling a paracetamol a drug

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by casualobserver: 2:38pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please help.

Only the dumb believe this BS story. How did your imaginary brother get the medicines he is using now? either he took it with him in which case it is him you should ask or he obtained them in canada in which case why does he need you to bring them? The truth is there is no brother with HIV.

Sounds to me like you have HIV and you want to know how you can travel abroad with your medication.

“Is HIV treatment covered in Canada?
Full coverage of ARV medication is offered at no cost, regardless of age or income. There is no deductible or co-payment. HIV medications are offered through the Exceptional Drug Status [EDS] Program.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/summary-hiv-antiretroviral-medication-coverage.html

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by MentalCase98: 2:40pm On Feb 29
Your brother? Yeah right 😅

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by gabicon: 2:41pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:

Thanks bro..please guide me..which one is Nahco

Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc (NAHCO)

Muhammed Airport Rd, Ikeja, Lagos 102214, Lagos

Their office is just after the international flyover bridge Ambode built. When you enter the gate, you drive down the road, after DHL office, you will see the main Nahco gate and their warehouse on your left. Just talk to an agent sending goods to your brothers province.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by godwon01(m): 2:46pm On Feb 29
You have to go with Doctor report . Together with the prescription.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Obierika(m): 2:51pm On Feb 29
ValCon888:

Person wey don already travel to Canada
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by FreeStuffsNG: 2:51pm On Feb 29
Smokedetector:

,Smh. I am sure you are confusing it with PEP but never mind, this is a faceless forum and it's pointless educating you when you don't want.

kumbhuru:

passion007:

No vex sir. That in your mind, you got so incapable to comprehend me that you could not decipher that the professional counsel I gave him is not textbook knowledge is enough to speak to me. Smh.

Again, it's a faceless forum, I don't owe you the responsibility to educate you, that's for your parents, teachers to do..if they don't do it, I am sorry, I can't help you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Hidden Risks Of Getting A Tattoo / COVID-19 Update For September 25 2020 In Nigeria - (2,635 Tested) / Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.