Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,708 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother (20054 Views)

Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV / COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing / Can I Take Blood Tonic After Been On Augmentin Drugs For 7 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by donMIG(m): 3:29pm On Feb 29
Everybody with him own
This one even c road lv naija but get HIV omorrrr
This life sha
All the best yall

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by mayim(m): 3:29pm On Feb 29
What am I missing? No airport authority or customs will disturb you, it’s prescription drugs, put them in your check in luggage. If they ask what it’s for, show the prescriptions. It’s important drugs, so long you are not carrying it in trade-able quantity, there will be no hassles. The scanners are the airport don’t even look out for these type of things. It’s mainly liquid, inflammables and all. Travel with the drugs bro

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by gucci20(m): 3:31pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:
Dear Nairalanders,

My younger brother was diagnosed with HIV when he applied for a stidy visa to canda. Fortunately, he was granted the visa. However he is yet to get health insurance in Canada. I intend traveling there soon and they are asking that I come with his drugs.

Please advise. Can I travel with ARV drugs on his behalf? Are there risks associated?

Please help.

All you need do is just put it in your hand luggage, then no one to question u on it
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Glassysea(m): 3:31pm On Feb 29
Where is he collecting his drugs Abuja or Lagos, if is In Abuja call me them go arrange documents to cover it for him and get more drugs for him call me 08032002184.

Chikolo24:
Dear Nairalanders,

My younger brother was diagnosed with HIV when he applied for a stidy visa to canda. Fortunately, he was granted the visa. However he is yet to get health insurance in Canada. I intend traveling there soon and they are asking that I come with his drugs.

Please advise. Can I travel with ARV drugs on his behalf? Are there risks associated?

Please help.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by 1Sharon(f): 3:31pm On Feb 29
VaginaAcademic:
i know of a guy who got hiv from his first sexual experience

He's lying.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Epicji: 3:34pm On Feb 29
Our mailing address is:
119 Isabella Street, Toronto, ON M4Y 1P2

Tell your brother to visit the address above and thank me later
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by 1Sharon(f): 3:37pm On Feb 29
casualobserver:

Only the dumb believe this BS story. How did your imaginary brother get the medicines he is using now? either he took it with him in which case it is him you should ask or he obtained them in canada in which case why does he need you to bring them? The truth is there is no brother with HIV.

Sounds to me like you have HIV and you want to know how you can travel abroad with your medication.

Is HIV treatment covered in Canada?
Full coverage of ARV medication is offered at no cost, regardless of age or income. There is no deductible or co-payment. HIV medications are offered through the Exceptional Drug Status [EDS] Program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/summary-hiv-antiretroviral-medication-coverage.html

Oh dear.😄
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by VaginaAcademic: 3:42pm On Feb 29
1Sharon:

He's lying.
I am the guy
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Sheffieldconsul: 3:43pm On Feb 29
Sorry bro, this is very sketchy. Which Province is your brother? Are you sure you're not a drug smuggler trying to deceive someone into smuggling drugs? Be careful guys.. crazy things are happening.
Chikolo24:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please help.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Chikolo24: 3:57pm On Feb 29
Sheffieldconsul:

Sorry bro, this is very sketchy. Which Province is your brother? Are you sure you're not a drug smuggler trying to deceive someone into smuggling drugs? Be careful guys.. crazy things are happening.

I understand your skepticism but thanks all the same for your input
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Smokedetector: 4:35pm On Feb 29
FreeStuffsNG:
,Smh. I am sure you are confusing it with PEP but never mind, this is a faceless forum and it's pointless educating you when you don't want.

I will mind because Ignorance isn't bliss in this case, so I am bent on educating you because your information can cause harm. Screen shot of the latest guidance in Nigeria is attached (2020 and I don't think they have changed) . This is in keeping with what is generally obtainable in Nigeria and elsewhere.

And no PEP treatment is not the same as treatment for confirmed disease. You can also do more research.

Keep your misinformation to yourself. You are not worth my time but I felt it necessary to correct wrong infomation due to potential harm.

Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by goslowgoslow(m): 4:44pm On Feb 29
fuck419:
Awon skin to skin
Despite the awareness created world wide about HIV you still believe it is only thru skin to
Skin....what a pityqr
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by BlackPhanter: 5:14pm On Feb 29
It is a prescription medication for a chronic condition. It is just like travelling with antihypertensives.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Harmonygarden: 5:54pm On Feb 29
Message me on whatsapp 08038255282 , let's talk about this
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by 360command: 5:58pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:

I already tried sending to him via DHL...it has gotten to Canada but for close to a week now, no update no feedback. They requested for clarification on the drug because I initially stated that they were supplements. I have responded to them even attached a document which he used in getting the drugs free here in Nigeria before he traveled, still no update. We don't now if it will be delivered to him or rejected. Or is there another menas of sending it?
even with the normal antibiotics for bacterial people send abroad, they require you to get doctor's prescription and it must be detailed, clear and printed.

Even when it is done, they will not deliver it to you but they have it to put on their system as to why it is confiscated.

To be honest, they want you to go to their hospital, go through their system so that they can have it on file.

Your brother should go on Google, find clinics that do not need insurance. Your brother should meet those immigrants who have no papers,they can help him with clinics that does such service free or you pay as little as $50 less..

The idea of those clinics is to give him prescription so he can get the medication. I do not know if hiv drugs are free but what I do know is when you pay out of pocket on drugs, he can pay less as they offer some type of discount. He just needs to let them know he is paying out of pocket and they will find him the best deal.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Jeffy1206(m): 6:08pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:

He'd pay heavily as he hasn't gotten his health insurance yet.
I see. But this kind of ailment is not the type to charge high for na.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by chingydaboss(m): 6:52pm On Feb 29
Your brother should look for Chosen Tv on YouTube and listen to any of the messages and prayers by Pastor Lazarus Muoka, He will be healed regardless of distance.. I'm assuring you that he will be healed, God of Chosen can do everything, I Boast with him..

Stay Blessed ..
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Nobally: 8:27pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:

I already tried sending to him via DHL...it has gotten to Canada but for close to a week now, no update no feedback. They requested for clarification on the drug because I initially stated that they were supplements. I have responded to them even attached a document which he used in getting the drugs free here in Nigeria before he traveled, still no update. We don't now if it will be delivered to him or rejected. Or is there another menas of sending it?

Drugs are not Allowed to Canada, They will be seized.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Nokio2: 8:43pm On Feb 29
I don see advices today from God of chosen to Isabella mailing addressing

Since we sre doing adhoc committee work with verywickedman..here is our solution..

Go sleep 2day's for ashawo house..
U will para venture get d HIV..
So u can genuinely carry 2 doses to Canada..Good luck

Canada wey get original drugs
U still wan smuggle Nigeria own wey dem manufacture for India go..
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by exynos(m): 9:51pm On Feb 29
It's so disturbing to understand that many NLanders feel HIV is only transmitted through sexual intercourse.

They fail to understand that a microstrain of the virus on the blade of a poorly disinfected clipper could infect a host. Or an unseen sharp nail-like metal that must have pierced an infected host in a Danfo bus could infect a clean host. SMH
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by FireUpNow(m): 10:51pm On Feb 29
Lisa290:

Scary indeed. Haptitis is a very terrible disease

I am telling you
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by ukaface(f): 11:21pm On Feb 29
Chikolo24:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please help.
Omo
What a bitter sweet situation, getting a visa and realising you are HIV positive. Omo! Shey he go happy Abi he go sad?
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by REGINALD001(m): 12:08am On Mar 01
Roger3D:
I don't know about Canada but each time I travel to Nigeria and return, I always bring along an entire pharmacy with no customs problem whatsoever.

YEAH, THATS WHAT I DO, AND I DONT HIDE THEM.,.......HAVE NOT HAD ISSUES. I DONT KNOW WHY HE IS APPREHENSIVE.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by kumbhuru: 2:08am On Mar 01
Golan007:

Which girls?

Guy is likely gay or shares needles.
Don't be dumb.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by kumbhuru: 2:10am On Mar 01
FreeStuffsNG:

ARVs are prescription medications.

HIV management is more than just drugs. Not even here in our HIV Clinics do we immediately place you on ARVs immediately, given the benefits of waiting outweighs the risk of immediately placing you on it, after the confirmation. We usually don't and it's standard in the tx guideline.

In his case, if he's yet to be placed on ARVs or eventually on a different class of ARVs from the ones you're taking there, your effort may amount to waste.

It's better he starts the treatment there first then discuss his concerns with his care provider. There are support groups that will help him even without you getting into any hassle.
You are definitely not a medical personnel. Stop giving wrong information confidently. Treatment is started ASAP
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by kumbhuru: 2:16am On Mar 01
1Sharon:

He's lying.
This is what happens when you school in low budget countries. Stop disgracing Nursing.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Dshocker(m): 5:20am On Mar 01
Chikolo24:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please help.

How was he affected, or infected?
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by Golan007: 6:31am On Mar 01
kumbhuru:

Don't be dumb.

Google HIV transmission.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by passion007: 6:39am On Mar 01
FreeStuffsNG:

ARVs are prescription medications.

HIV management is more than just drugs. Not even here in our HIV Clinics do we immediately place you on ARVs immediately, given the benefits of waiting outweighs the risk of immediately placing you on it, after the confirmation. We usually don't and it's standard in the tx guideline.

In his case, if he's yet to be placed on ARVs or eventually on a different class of ARVs from the ones you're taking there, your effort may amount to waste.

It's better he starts the treatment there first then discuss his concerns with his care provider. There are support groups that will help him even without you getting into any hassle.

I refuse to believe that any country in the world delays the commencement of ARVs in 2024.

The benefits of immediate commencement of ARVs have been demonstrated in the START trial more than 10 years ago, and have been accepted all across the west and all over Africa.

So which country are you practising your quackery in??
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by kumbhuru: 7:35am On Mar 01
FreeStuffsNG:
,Smh. I am sure you are confusing it with PEP but never mind, this is a faceless forum and it's pointless educating you when you don't want.

No vex sir. That in your mind, you got so incapable to comprehend me that you could not decipher that the professional counsel I gave him is not textbook knowledge is enough to speak to me. Smh.

Again, it's a faceless forum, I don't owe you the responsibility to educate you, that's for your parents, teachers to do..if they don't do it, I am sorry, I can't help you.

You are not in the medical line, stop talking shit. ARV is different from PEP. Stop confusing people
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by kumbhuru: 7:35am On Mar 01
Golan007:

Google HIV transmission.
Don't be dumb. Get some education.
Re: How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother by passion007: 9:00am On Mar 01
exynos:
It's so disturbing to understand that many NLanders feel HIV is only transmitted through sexual intercourse.

They fail to understand that a microstrain of the virus on the blade of a poorly disinfected clipper could infect a host. Or an unseen sharp nail-like metal that must have pierced an infected host in a Danfo bus could infect a clean host. SMH

You cannot get HIV from a puncture from a discarded nail. HIV is a very fragile virus that does not survive for long outside the human body.

Similarly, it's nearly impossible to get HIV by sharing clippers - the clipper would have had to cause open bleeding skin on a person with HIV then immediately used on you and cause open bleeding skin on you. In all my 40 years of having my hair cut, I have never bled from a clipper.

So, people are right to focus on sexual transmission because that is the major means of HIV transmission, usually from people who don't know they're living with HIV. People with HIV who are on treatment and undetectable however cannot pass on HIV to anyone else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto / Deceased’s Relations Beat-up Nurse, For Administering "Wrong Medication" / How To Naturally Get Pink Lips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.