Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? (998 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused / Sergeant Kabiru Musa Returns N1.2m Found At An Accident Scene In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by chuveck69: 11:01am On Feb 29
If you were opportuned to earn N1.2m a month, would you still japa or stay in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by Evidenx(m): 11:10am On Feb 29
chuveck69:
If you were opportuned to earn N1.2m a month, would you still japa or stay in Nigeria?
Yes but not immediately,I will first save and move my family,make sure they are well established there,and later join them for my sanity.

Nigeria is crazy right now.

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by koyeni(m): 11:26am On Feb 29
You may actually be better of in Nigeria. Note I said 'May'

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by ojun50(m): 11:36am On Feb 29
Don't rush, build yr self, build yr own companies, become CEO and later go for visit and finally move yr family there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:05pm On Feb 29
No need. Stay in Nigeria and go for vacation abroad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by ednut1(m): 12:55pm On Feb 29
Japa as what? If its student visa hell no. If its PR or work permit hell yes

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by emperor4love(m): 2:23pm On Feb 29
ojun50:
Don't rush, build yr self, build yr own companies, become CEO and later go for visit and finally move yr family there.

easy fr mouth
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by laivwire(m): 3:40pm On Feb 29
of ocurse it pays to stay back but you forfeit opportunies of getting a PR though. Moving your family isn't as simple, you need lots of funds which 1.2m monthly may not cover. What if you get sacked or your business faces a downturn?

At least with a student job, you should still be able to save half of that amount monthly if you get your full 80 hours.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by HRprof: 4:16pm On Feb 29
chuveck69:

I can only risk it if am a remote worker.
You will save more here and spend more abroad
Depending on your family size you can travel on vacation take the abroad breeze and come back wink
But if you want to Jakpa ensure you have an investment here to falls back to.
Is not as greener as you think over there, don’t let social media deceive you. Abroad is not designed to make you rich if you want to go for sanity than riches then Jakpa

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by famuy35: 5:13pm On Feb 29
Japa-land (https://japaland.com/) is a platform I came across that aims to create a network of Nigerian communities for individuals moving overseas, providing a space for them to connect with established communities in their new surroundings, settle and stay in touch with Nigeria. I think its a great idea!
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by G12(m): 7:16pm On Feb 29
No, because you can't make decisions for yourself.

If you don't have a reason to leave the country, stay back until you have one. Don't just leave because everyone is leaving and someone or people are telling you to.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by lastkingsman: 8:28pm On Feb 29
ednut1:
Japa as what? If its student visa hell no. If its PR or work permit hell yes

If the person can cover the full tuition fee, hell yes because 4 yrs down the line, that 1.2m (currently = 750 USD) might depreciate to 400 USD with the way things are going.

Immigration laws are changing and there's no guarantee that that job will be there in future. Unless the person is into tech or medical field, then he can risk it
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:03pm On Feb 29
lastkingsman:

If the person can cover the full tuition fee, hell yes because 4 yrs down the line, that 1.2m (currently = 750 USD) might depreciate to 400 USD with the way things are going.

Immigration laws are changing and there's no guarantee that that job will be there in future. Unless the person is into tech or medical field, then he can risk it

If your salary is 1.2 million naira in Nigeria you will need to save like 3 years without touching a single Kobo to be able to migrate through school route to UK or Canada that's if the naira doesn't fall further.
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by Johnchrix(m): 9:35pm On Feb 29
No, Nigeria is enjoyable if you are rich. Save and setup series of businesses. Buy solar for constant power, employ the service of a security company for security services. Travel only for vacation.

5 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by emperor4love(m): 10:40pm On Feb 29
tensazangetsu20:

If your salary is 1.2 million naira in Nigeria you will need to save like 3 years without touching a single Kobo to be able to migrate through school route to UK or Canada that's if the naira doesn't fall further.
u don't need 43milla plus to go Canada through school b inform
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by Hannania(m): 10:53pm On Feb 29
chuveck69:
You think people moving abroad from oil companies, banks, tech firms are earning 200k? Some of us are earning $2000 to $5000 monthly as software engineers or technical writers, yet we will Japa!!! You think it's all about money ?

People forget the majority of people leaving are high income earners. Don't worry, we'll visit this thread in 5 years time

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:53pm On Feb 29
emperor4love:
u don't need 43milla plus to go Canada through school b inform

So 4 to 5 years of saving then grin
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by emperor4love(m): 11:17pm On Feb 29
tensazangetsu20:

So 4 to 5 years of saving then grin
calculate it bro as u state
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by WeirdAlien: 11:33pm On Feb 29
That's the amount they used to sell toks Toyota Corolla - just some years ago.
Now you need 3m plus for Nigerian used.

So far you're earning in Naira, never get comfortable!
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by Sweetvie: 12:27am On Mar 01
No, stay in Nigeria
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by TheTraveler: 11:11am On Mar 01
tensazangetsu20:
No need. Stay in Nigeria and go for vacation abroad.
Please, return the phone to the owner.
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by dgee1(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01
Boss, please do you mind if I ask you a question?
Hannania:
You think people moving abroad from oil companies, banks, tech firms are earning 200k? Some of us are earning $2000 to $5000 monthly as software engineers or technical writers, yet we will Japa!!! You think it's all about money ?

People forget the majority of people leaving are high income earners. Don't worry, we'll visit this thread in 5 years time
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by Hannania(m): 1:41pm On Mar 01
dgee1:
Boss, please do you mind if I ask you a question?
Let's hear it
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by dgee1(m): 1:50pm On Mar 01
OK, thanks.

Please could you give me a pathway to follow or resources I could use to learn technical writing? Abeg boss.
Hannania:
Let's hear it
Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by Hannania(m): 2:11pm On Mar 01
dgee1:
OK, thanks.

Please could you give me a pathway to follow or resources I could use to learn technical writing? Abeg boss.
Sit down and read this very carefully. Please not in a day or two. Take at least a week or two to digest it. Jot down all your questions, then come over here to gain clarity.

The repo contains guides, and job boards for gigs

https://github.com/CynthiaPeter/Technical-Writing-Resources

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning N1.2M Need To Japa? by dgee1(m): 2:19pm On Mar 01
God bless you, boss. I really appreciate.

Hannania:
Sit down and read this very carefully. Please not in a day or two. Take at least a week or two to digest it. Jot down all your questions, then come over here to gain clarity.

The repo contains guides, and job boards for gigs

https://github.com/CynthiaPeter/Technical-Writing-Resources

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Buying Local Travel Tickets Online Or Cashless / I Need Help Pls! / Should America Be Bilangual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.