Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board (33120 Views)

Tinubu Withdraws Ruby Onwudiwe Nomination As CBN Board Member For Supporting Obi / President Tinubu Appoints Dr Ruby Onwudiwe To The CBN Board / El-rufai: I Am Not Interested In Tinubu's Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by patrickcollins: 7:07pm On Feb 29
Ladiesdoctor:
You think say you dey do Tinubu? Na yourself you dey do oo.

How in which way, he is occupied with other things at the moment, how does someone from your state in that committee helps you overcome the hunger in the land
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Truths9ja: 7:08pm On Feb 29
This man get sense no be small
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by DDIA: 7:09pm On Feb 29
Holluwhakemmy:
By God's Grace.
come and collect PhD in penis receiving from me cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by patrickcollins: 7:11pm On Feb 29
boxypane:
He only deceived himself. Since he didn't show up for screening, no wahala. Good opportunity for another person.
See your reasoning, someone turned down an offer because he wants to continue with his role in world bank and you termed it deceiving himself
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by boxypane(m): 7:17pm On Feb 29
patrickcollins:
See your reasoning, someone turned down an offer because he wants to continue with his role in world bank and you termed it deceiving himself
Your brain dey shallow. I'm a staff too. Taking up such a role does not in any way jeopardize or tamper with he's other connections. His reason is majorly job security due to the unstable economy and the susceptibility of the FG to change at any time. Get lost bro
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by QueenDima47(f): 7:21pm On Feb 29
amnesty7:
Meanwhile this is a golden opportunity for whoever replaces him.
Your people see this type of appointment as an opportunity to make fortune and this is the reason the country doesn't go forward since you have been holding power. But from the place where that young man came from, they see this appointment as a call to serve.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Michaelcircuit(m): 7:25pm On Feb 29
Dignity speak more in our heart than money. The era of pea nuts to birth right has gone. Kudos to you my sister for standing strong.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Peppysco: 7:32pm On Feb 29
a4cube:
Thought you guys said Buhari was doing a wonderful job then. Which economy Druggie what revamp? The same economy Bubu left on top level?

I'm sorry for quoting you earlier.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Lifestone(m): 7:34pm On Feb 29
patrickcollins:
Do you expect him to abandon a world bank job to be in a committee just to be a floor member
The job is a non Executive Director, they meet maybe 4times in a year
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by sweetgala(m): 7:38pm On Feb 29
Xscape1993:
He has conscience. He does not want to associate with agberos, touts, certificate forgers, drug masters, killers, terrorist sponsors, kidnappers and evil party.

It's nothing to do with conscience but why would he take what is a pay cut to come work for CBN. Given he can loose that job if the president wakes up on the wrong side of the bed one morning.

It's also a thankless job, where everyone suspects you of being corrupt and you'll get hassled endlessly by politicians and the influential who want a favour or two.

1 Like

Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:04pm On Feb 29
DDIA:

come and collect PhD in penis receiving from me cool
No hold on with that type of your certificate

1 Like

Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by mastermaestro(m): 8:04pm On Feb 29
Incredible128:
This is a useless headline, were they chosen according to their geo-political zones? The maker of this headline has Rwandan style of country division and nairaland and it's owners and operatora should be ashamed for allowing a news with headline such as this to make FrontPage

Actually, yes. That is how most boards of FG parastatals are constituted. But that's not the issue here. The only issue I want explanation for is if they just nominate people for positions without any prior notice to the individual.

I expect the nominated individuals to have accepted such offer in writing before their names are forwarded to parliament. All this drama would be avoided. Why send my name to parliament if I have not given my formal consent? Senseless act, I think.

1 Like

Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Explicit02: 8:12pm On Feb 29
The fact here is he was notified and he rejected the nomination with reasons best known to him .... the board has not been constituted yet. It is a normal thing what you need to know is d headline is misleading
mastermaestro:

Actually, yes. That is how most boards of FG parastatals are constituted. But that's not the issue here. The only issue I want explanation for is if they just nominate people for positions without any prior notice to the individual.

I expect the nominated individuals to have accepted such offer in writing before their names are forwarded to parliament. All this drama would be avoided. Why send my name to parliament if I have not given my formal consent? Senseless act, I think.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by mastermaestro(m): 8:23pm On Feb 29
Explicit02:
The fact here is he was notified and he rejected the nomination with reasons best known to him .... the board has not been constituted yet. It is a normal thing what you need to know is d headline is misleading

Get my point about the notice. Do you send someone's name to parliament when you have not finalized with the person? That is my question. Names are normally not forwarded for screening unless clear communication has taken place between the appointing authorities and the prospective appointees.

At the point of draft is where his name should have been substituted. It should never have gotten to public domain. This is my point. Hearing about his decline on the floor of parliament was totally unnecessary and avoidable. Speculations and insinuations are needlessly flying about now.

2 Likes

Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by lastkingsman: 8:24pm On Feb 29
airsaylongcome:

Did you read that he declined the nomination because he is currently engaged at the World Bank ? Or you just ran with the sensationalized headline?

Kwakwakwa. We are unpatriotic. Who patriotism help in Nigeria when politicians are printing 30trn and sharing?

grin
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by amnesty7: 8:26pm On Feb 29
QueenDima47:

Your people see this type of appointment as an opportunity to make fortune and this is the reason the country doesn't go forward since you have been holding power. But from the place where that young man came from, they see this appointment as a call to serve.
You're right. Their get-rich-or-die-trying place, the crime-free zone whose sons and daughters have never tarnished Nigeria's image
And the fact that you see a golden opportunity as only a stealing venture says a lot about your mentality.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by phemray(m): 8:49pm On Feb 29
adamusuleiman2:
His problem not ours. Not everyone will accept the nomination.

Cardoso is a world bank consultant for decades and many Nigerian consulting for world bank. But it's good, not everyone can shoulder responsibility that involves criticism all the time.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by uba1991: 8:56pm On Feb 29
Explicit02:
Board report to Cardoso? You guys should comments what you know not what you think please ..... well for knowledge sake its d cbn governor that reports to d board
It is a lie, whatever decision the board take it only the president and CBN governor that will authorized it implementation. The board is just to recommend and the president may not implemented it. Whatever the CBN said becomes a policy.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Explicit02: 9:18pm On Feb 29
Now i get the point you are making .....i suspect he got the notificationand didnt accept or reject till it got to the parliament.. but either ways you are right with the point you made
mastermaestro:

Get my point about the notice. Do you send someone's name to parliament when you have not finalized with the person? That is my question. Names are normally not forwarded for screening unless clear communication has taken place between the appointing authorities and the prospective appointees.

At the point of draft is where his name should have been substituted. It should never have gotten to public domain. This is my point. Hearing about his decline on the floor of parliament was totally unnecessary and avoidable. Speculations and insinuations are needlessly flying about now.

1 Like

Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Explicit02: 9:23pm On Feb 29
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Explicit02: 9:26pm On Feb 29
I actually dont want to argue this out but for knowledge sake ....A board of directors (commonly referred simply as the board) is an executive committee that jointly supervises the activities of an organization
uba1991:
It is a lie, whatever decision the board take it only the president and CBN governor that will authorized it implementation. The board is just to recommend and the president may not implemented it. Whatever the CBN said becomes a policy.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by a4cube: 9:33pm On Feb 29
Judolisco:
so that's how she was offloaded? Same Buhari that nominated her for current job at the world trade organisation..... Dem Don use lie swr for una... Better go and pray against d spirit of lying in your life... So u won't get in trouble
Buhari nominated her when and where. Chronic liar. She went for the Job as an American not as a Nigeria. America backed her not Bubu. Lie Mohammed.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Dalohad: 9:36pm On Feb 29
Dr Babajide Salako should also be honourable enough to reject the unlawful Chairmanship appointment they gave him without following due process.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Nice59: 10:02pm On Feb 29
We the SE are not greedy. We are wise. Nigeria is a sinking ship.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You already know their way.

They would soon start shouting marginalization, bigotiri, victimization e.t.c[/quote]
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by PHIPEX(m): 10:14pm On Feb 29
Obakoolex:
Nzogbu grin

Nobody should cry marginalization later o
Why not give it to Joe Igbokwe? Is he no longer the best Igbo man?
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Mrexcell(m): 10:35pm On Feb 29
He obviously doesn't want to end up as a scape goat like emefiele.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Judolisco(m): 11:25pm On Feb 29
a4cube:
Buhari nominated her when and where. Chronic liar. She went for the Job as an American not as a Nigeria. America backed her not Bubu. Lie Mohammed.
lol if buhari didn't nominate her she can't get d job.... It's common knowledge but hate has blocked your ability to think buhari even withdrew d candidacy of Agah a deputy director at the WTO.... Dem Don use lie finish una life... Una think say dis place be twitter wey una go jst dey lie unchecked to ur uneducated and uninformed followers... Baba evidence full ground

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/396128-buhari-nominates-okonjo-iweala-as-nigerias-candidate-for-world-trade-organisations-dg-election.html

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/449038-okonjo-iweala-explains-buharis-role-in-wto-election-win.html
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by a4cube: 1:48am On Mar 01
Judolisco:
lol if buhari didn't nominate her she can't get d job.... It's common knowledge but hate has blocked your ability to think buhari even withdrew d candidacy of Agah a deputy director at the WTO.... Dem Don use lie finish una life... Una think say dis place be twitter wey una go jst dey lie unchecked to ur uneducated and uninformed followers... Baba evidence full ground

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/396128-buhari-nominates-okonjo-iweala-as-nigerias-candidate-for-world-trade-organisations-dg-election.html

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/449038-okonjo-iweala-explains-buharis-role-in-wto-election-win.html
Political statement to press Bubu mumu Burton. Buhari and APC are too hateful to nominate her for such a post Even you guys wished she did not win. The records are there. America backed her, she collected US citizenship to enhance her chances. Buhari keyed in when he had no choice. Left for him one Abubakar will be his choice. Fact.

Go through this link and read your hateful country men and women.

https://www.nairaland.com/6170038/wto-okonjo-iweala-not-win-kemi/4
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by wiseoneking: 2:44am On Mar 01
BBIA:
developers of gully erosion
πŸ˜†
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Dshocker(m): 5:15am On Mar 01
Quelme:
People from that part of the country are super unpatriotic. Na them cry marginalization pass.

Your education was a waste.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Dshocker(m): 5:18am On Mar 01
opamoses1:

He is not the only SE appointed.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You already know their way.

They would soon start shouting marginalization, bigotiri, victimization e.t.c

Reading & understanding is your major challenge, despite the fact you went to school.
Re: Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board by Judolisco(m): 6:43am On Mar 01
a4cube:
Political statement to press Bubu mumu Burton. Buhari and APC are too hateful to nominate her for such a post Even you guys wished she did not win. The records are there. America backed her, she collected US citizenship to enhance her chances. Buhari keyed in when he had no choice. Left for him one Abubakar will be his choice. Fact.

Go through this link and read your hateful country men and women.

https://www.nairaland.com/6170038/wto-okonjo-iweala-not-win-kemi/4
so Kemi olunloyo is your defence.... Lol...... Trump and d US never supported her... Una go jst dey lie anyhow... I'll drop over five links now show how d US supported another candidate from south Korea.... America never backed okonjo iweala.... Oya tell another lie.... Una go jst dey lie anyhow... D last link is from CNN... Read properly and tell another lie... I dey here for u OK.... Dem use lie water bath for you from birth... If e sure for you drop link from cnn or BBC of how America supported iweala
https://qz.com/africa/1923909/trump-blocks-nigerias-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-from-wto-trade-role

https://www.thecable.ng/okonjo-iweala-it-was-buhari-that-nominated-me-for-wto-top-job

https://www.nairaland.com/6256827/why-trump-does-not-support

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-opposes-pick-to-lead-world-trade-organization-riling-member-nations-11603911883

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/05/business/wto-nigeria-ngozi-okonjo-iweala/index.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode / Court Sacks Jegede As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ondo, Endorses Jimoh Ibrahim / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.