Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? (35672 Views)

Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan / Nigerians Will Not Have Access To Their Bank Accounts from January, See Why. / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:34pm On Feb 29
Bullfallo:
If you have better cash in your account or your account have pull use sum before. Your bank will not bombard you with sms. They will only send you just one sms.

Also if the phone number in your account is tied to ur nin. They wouldn’t bombard you.

I didn't receive any sms or email. Am I safe?!

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by edogu(m): 6:39pm On Feb 29
ponishah:

Do you have to link non to every bank?
I thought it is linking non to bvn, just one
Access bank is my main account, however, GT equally sent me a message to link my NIN to my account. In other not to take chances, I have to do all.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by Killermamba: 6:45pm On Feb 29
Starzzy:
Banks have issues circulars for customers to link their NIN and BVN to their accounts and the deadline is near.

GT Bank seems to have released the modality for doing that but it hardly works. The website after filling my details won't even send me an OTP in order to continue with the process.

Has anyone successfully linked his NIN?
only opay and palmpay works, gt bank noooo. Wema bank noooo
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by Victor468: 6:57pm On Feb 29
Yes I have with my Gtb self service. I didn't need to queue at the bank to link it.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by yewit37486: 7:00pm On Feb 29
dominique:
You beat me to creating this topic. GTB has been bombarding me with messages to link my NIN with my bank account on their website. I've navigated the entire website carefully but there's no link where one can do that. They said one can dial *737*20*NIN# which I tried and was not successful. Anybody that has successfully linked their NIN to accounts should kindly put us through.

It's on the homepage, I just linked successfully few minutes ago.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by marksleek2584(m): 7:03pm On Feb 29
Linked mine during my account upgrading already.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by yewit37486: 7:03pm On Feb 29
yarimo:
Yes it was successful , just go to your bank direct. Don't waste your data trying to link it with your phone. You won't spend more than 5 minutes if you are lucky to meet the customer care in time

It's a simple webpage na, which data will it waste? Abi na 100mb limit per day you have? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by IMAliyu(m): 7:05pm On Feb 29
Starzzy:
Banks have issues circulars for customers to link their NIN and BVN to their accounts and the deadline is near.

GT Bank seems to have released the modality for doing that but it hardly works. The website after filling my details won't even send me an OTP in order to continue with the process.

Yes I did, through their web channel.

I tried it at first it failed, but I waited and tried again the next day generate a vnin and it went successfully.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by Idoko619(m): 7:09pm On Feb 29
[quote author=Babbyad post=128709460][/quote]

Which option?

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by yarimo(m): 7:10pm On Feb 29
yewit37486:

It's a simple webpage na, which data will it waste? Abi na 100mb limit per day you have? cheesy
it doesn't work don't waste your time, just go direct to the bank
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by yarimo(m): 7:11pm On Feb 29
lhurd:

Interesting. In Abuja, at any gtbank you will spend nothing less than 2 hours queuing.
yes in the queue you can spend more than 2 hours in some banks before you get to customer care. But it won't take you more than 5 minutes with the customer care
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by yarimo(m): 7:15pm On Feb 29
yemmit90:

Why will people waste their time go to banks for what they can easily do online at their convenient time?

5 mins indeed, this day I was even contemplating that banks should close some of their branches and allow staffs to works from home.
don't get that 5 minutes wrong, you can spend more hours in the queue before getting to customer care, 5 minutes is when you finally get to customer care desk
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by chypotenti(m): 7:27pm On Feb 29
dominique:
You beat me to creating this topic. GTB has been bombarding me with messages to link my NIN with my bank account on their website. I've navigated the entire website carefully but there's no link where one can do that. They said one can dial *737*20*NIN# which I tried and was not successful. Anybody that has successfully linked their NIN to accounts should kindly put us through.
save yourself the stress and visit the Bank
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by omostar: 7:29pm On Feb 29
snowland:
Does anyone know how it's done for those outside naija?.

Just successfully did mine after several
frustrating attempts. There is a link on their website before logging in. You need to generate a vNIN. The vNIN is easier if you have a Nigerian SIM card and just dial the code for it rather than use the nimc app.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by Shigobaba(m): 7:29pm On Feb 29
Visit their website www.gtbank.com
Then follow instruction

dominique:
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by mechanics(m): 7:33pm On Feb 29
I did mine today, remaining two accounts to be linked.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by yewit37486: 7:34pm On Feb 29
yarimo:
it doesn't work don't waste your time, just go direct to the bank

It wasn't working before, but many people have used it this evening and it's fine. I actually used it few minutes ago. The problem with going direct to the bank is the crowd, so hopefully more people can get it done without going there.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by Idoko619(m): 7:34pm On Feb 29
Shigobaba:
Visit their website www.gtbank.com
Then follow instruction

What's the instruction, I can't see anywhere to link nin
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by esiri4jesu(m): 7:44pm On Feb 29
Gentlesoul2021:

I didn't see the help and security page. Can u enlighten more...
When open gtb Internet bank, you don't need to log in just scroll down the page you will see help & security. Click on it and you will see self service. Click on it and you see the page to enter your details.
Make sure you have your vNIN ready.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:54pm On Feb 29
nitt:
GTBANK customers:

Take a clear picture of your NIN and attach to an email to gtbankmailsupport@gtbank.com.

Include account name, account number, nin and virtual-nin in the mail while clearly stating your request for NIN-ACCOUNT Linkage.

You'll receive a response within 24hrs.

To get vnin: download the nimc app on your phone and follow the menu for vnin.

Goodluck.

U can actually use the ussd code to generate the vnin. It cost #20 thou via the nin registered number..
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by CaptainJune: 7:55pm On Feb 29
Idoko619:

What's the instruction, I can't see anywhere to link nin

You don't need to login. This is what you find on the gtbank webpage. Just click the "Link Here" button to begin the process.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:56pm On Feb 29
esiri4jesu:

When open gtb Internet bank, you don't need to log in just scroll down the page you will see help & security. Click on it and you will see self service. Click on it and you see the page to enter your details.
Make sure you have your vNIN ready.

Thanks boss
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by sunnymart(m): 8:00pm On Feb 29
I have done mine and it was successful,use monzila Firefox to open it you will not have any issue at all.
Note: don't use your phone to open it,use your laptop or desktop computer to do it.
post=128709177]You beat me to creating this topic. GTB has been bombarding me with messages to link my NIN with my bank account on their website. I've navigated the entire website carefully but there's no link where one can do that. They said one can dial *737*20*NIN# which I tried and was not successful. Anybody that has successfully linked their NIN to accounts should kindly put us through.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by CaptainJune: 8:01pm On Feb 29
....contd

Select this from the option (gtbank customers)

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by KingWarri: 8:17pm On Feb 29
Dickcap:
How can I link my Nin to my GTb account using USSD. I have already link my BVN but remain NIN
you can't use ussd but their website
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by ufuosman(m): 8:23pm On Feb 29
IamAtAnger:
Make dem block the account sef
😂😂😂
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by yarimo(m): 8:28pm On Feb 29
yewit37486:

It wasn't working before, but many people have used it this evening and it's fine. I actually used it few minutes ago. The problem with going direct to the bank is the crowd, so hopefully more people can get it done without going there.
wow that's nice, it will be more easier for customer to used it through phone without going to the bank and queue for hours .

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by olisaokere(m): 8:41pm On Feb 29
Starzzy:

Them want people to begin flood banks again.Naija too like suffer suffer their citizens
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by saveman91(m): 8:47pm On Feb 29
That isn't my problem beside am using airtel all day linked or not linked am still making calls
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by YemyTemmy: 8:49pm On Feb 29
Kingdemu:
Yes, I linked my GTB on their portal.

Did you receive any confirmatory messages or how can i verify if mine has been linked
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by cris83: 8:56pm On Feb 29
I wonder why these first bank idiots didn't create an online side portal like GTB did for easy registration. I have to be at the bank to do mine because my ATM has expired ( as its required to log in for FIRST BANK internet banking) for months and all transactions are done via POS account to account transfer.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? by yewit37486: 9:29pm On Feb 29
yarimo:
wow that's nice, it will be more easier for customer to used it through phone without going to the bank and queue for hours .

yes, exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chadians, Ghanaians, Others Storm Nigeria For Dollars-the Nation / Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account / GT Bank Appoints Miriam Olusanya As First Female Managing Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.