Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim (1285 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2018 Prophecies / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / Policeman Opens Car Door For Apostle Johnson Suleman, Nigerians React (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Mar 09
Lawag3:
You're a Christian? So you mean Paul's teaching contradicts the teachings of Jesus? What are the contradictions.
■ If the contradictions are valid doesn't that disprove Jesus and the Bible.
■ Because Jesus himself called Paul . Paul was filled with the holy spirit.
■ By implication you're saying that the Bible contains two contradictory teachings?
Interesting! Which of Paul's letters would you like to start with? We can compare the writings attributed to Paul piece by piece to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ to reveal some of these contradictions if you are up for it. undecided

2. Who is Paul that his opinions/views should serve as proof or lack of proof of Jesus Christ? I mean that is like saying that because Solomon ended up an idol worshipper, it serves as proof against God of Israel. Isn't such a conclusion a mark of foolishness? lipsrsealed

3. This assertion is wrong! Jesus Christ never promised His followers visions and dreams. Rather, dreams and Visions were of the Old Law of Moses where the God of Israel Himself instituted them as part of His way of communicating to those whom he put his spirit of prophecy - Numbers 12 vs 1 - 6. The same God of Israel through His Prophet Joel announced that during the last days(of His Judgment against the Nation of Israel — and Judah— in the land of Canaan according to His Old Law) He would pour out His Spirit on all men and women the land of Zion - Joel 2 vs 28 - 31. Saul of Tarsus, as sinner at that time in question, happened to be a young man in the land of Judah(Zion) at the time in question and that was why he got the vision that he did seeing Jesus Christ coming in His Kingdom. undecided

4. Wrong! No such implication can be logically drawn from this. undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 4:29am On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ Kumuyi himself corrected his own teachings. Not another person so that's different.
■ Ok let's do it this way which of Paul's teaching do you think is wrong ? Outline them let's see.
■ What's Jesus stance on the teachings of Paul?
And brother I fell you're ignorant of the fact that many of the messianic laws points to Jesus's ultimate sacrifice on the cross . You do not know the difference between teachings in the old testament from the laws given to the Jews on how they should conduct themselves.
Please answer all the questions.
1. Even after so many so-called corrections, Kumuyi continues to preach lies to his followers. The man did insist that he would revamp most of his doctrines before his death, meaning he is very much aware that he continues to teach lies using the name of God. See, this is a man who has been teaching lies for over 4 decades at this point. Why in the world do you put so much trust in this man for Pete's sake? lipsrsealed

2. Pick one of Paul's letters, create a thread and we can comb through comparing each claim to the Axioms set by Jesus Christ so that you can see some of them. undecided

3. Well, Jesus Christ never mentioned anyone named Paul. Rather, Jesus Christ, and God the Father as well, urged His followers to trust and obey Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God alone. But seems a lot of you have gotten it backward as you seem to trust and obey Paul while you completely ignore Jesus Christ. grin

4. I am not your brother at all - Matthew 12 vs 46 - 50. Stop trying to play mind games. If you wish to honestly examine the contradictions you would not have to resort to emotional blackmail. So, are you ready to be honest with yourself or are you willing to stay tied to the lies of your pastors and mogs for longer? lipsrsealed
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 4:42am On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ Ok no need for apologies. Let's discuss Paul's contradictory teachings as fellow followers of Christ. Me personally have not seen one so please point it out to me.
If you have never in fact seen any it means you have never in fact known the Truth of Jesus Christ — God's very Law in the Kingdom of God — to begin with. Here's a sample of the contradictions contained in just 1 Corinthians 11 alone https://www.nairaland.com/3972165/please-interpret-1-cor-11#128846149

Here's another one from 1 Timothy 2 where the assertion made by Paul runs directly counter to that which Jesus Christ said will come to pass beginning in those last days of God's final Judgment against the Nation of Israel(and Judah)in the land of Canaan, an event which took place around 1900 years ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/4065921/what-does-it-mean-women#128662924
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Tinububalls: 7:47am On Mar 09
Bruno3000:
This is God humbling you. Why would you deride those that beg? You think they enjoy begging? Life happens to everyone of us.
Nobody helped me, and I Don rest.
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 8:54pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
If you have never in fact seen any it means you have never in fact known the Truth of Jesus Christ — God's very Law in the Kingdom of God — to begin with. Here's a sample of the contradictions contained in just 1 Corinthians 11 alone https://www.nairaland.com/3972165/please-interpret-1-cor-11#128846149

Here's another one from 1 Timothy 2 where the assertion made by Paul runs directly counter to that which Jesus Christ said will come to pass beginning in those last days of God's final Judgment against the Nation of Israel(and Judah)in the land of Canaan, an event which took place around 1900 years ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/4065921/what-does-it-mean-women#128662924

This are the interpretation of an another person i couldn't have said it better

To correctly interpret scripture we must take into account context and dispensation.A deep knowledge of culture and tradition is also important.Then, there is also the small matter of background information.

Background:As a mark of submission to their husbands , It was customary for women to wear a veil/head covering any time they went out of the house.It was a custom and had nothing to do with church or Christianity.
Now, the women just heard the liberating gospel of Jesus. They have just been taught that in Christ Jesus, "there is neither male nor female........."(Galatians 3:28).As a result, some women in Corinth were so excited about participating in church meetings that they abandoned wearing their veils as a symbol of their new equality with men in Christ.
Hence ,Paul instructed them to pray or prophecy in church with heads covered, not as a direct reverence to God ,but to address the issue of insubordination of women to their husbands.

We can clearly see that this instruction is not applicable to new testament believers like you and i because we don't conform to the same custom as 1st century christians.

Finally, it's imperative that we know that although the bible was written for us ,it was not written to us.This means that we are not the original audience.Consequently, we must read the bible in light of the finished work of Christ.May the Holy Spirit give us understanding. Jesus is Lord.

In the middle of 1 Timothy sit some of the Bible’s most contested words about women. Historically, these verses have been wielded against women to address how they should dress, the authority they can have in the church and society, their place in the supposed creation hierarchy, and their role as mothers. However, such applications of this text tend to ignore the issues Paul is addressing and therefore misapply his instructions. Paul’s concern about the situation in Ephesus is not that women or men are causing problems, but that the church’s witness in the Ephesian community is at risk. In the city that was home to the cult of Artemis, false teachings were spreading and wealth was turning some people in the church away from the truth of the gospel. In 2:8–15, Paul instructs Timothy to respond to the specific ways men and women have let these false teachings affect their Christian lives. Paul’s critique is instructive for the way all Christians are called to represent the truth of the gospel and to oppose anything contrary to the truth of the gospel. Focused on maintaining the church’s witness in Ephesus, Paul urges Timothy to root out false teaching and its effects on the Christian community by encouraging peaceful prayer, humility in relation to wealth, increased education in the truth, and by confronting abusive authority.As explained above, the central concern of this letter is the false teachings spreading in the Ephesian church. Almost every verse is related to how Timothy can root out its influence in the church community.6 While it is challenging to determine what exactly these false teachings are, the letter does offer us some clues. The teachings forbade marriage and eating certain foods (4:3) and taught that godliness “is a means to financial gain” (6:5). Several scholars link these false teachings to an over-realized eschatology.7 Wealthy widows in particular seem to have been attracted to these teachings because the teachings “affirmed . . . that they were already in the ideal (eschatological) state of being single before Christ. It proclaimed an exalted status for women and a freedom from the obligation of marriage.”8 The widows found freedom in these false teachings because they validated their unmarried status and their wealth. Not only were certain widows targets and adopters of these false teachings, but they were also among the ones spreading the teachings throughout the church. They were going house to house “talking nonsense” (5:13),9 and because the women were falling for these teachings, they had “turned away to follow Satan” (5:15). The false teachings, however, are only one contextual component at play in the problems arising in the church community.

Ephesus was also the center of the cult of Artemis, the Greek goddess of chastity and childbirth, and her followers turned to her for help to get through childbirth safely. In fact, “Artemis is regarded as the savior of laboring women.”10 Part of her myth is her superiority over men which stirred up similar sentiments in her followers.11 Her cult was so important to the culture of Ephesus that Luke reports a riot breaking out in the city over the fear that Paul’s message of the gospel would discredit Artemis (Acts 19:23–40). They were concerned she would be “robbed of her divine majesty” (v. 27), so the crowds chanted “Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!” for hours (v. 28). From the onset of the gospel reaching Ephesus there was conflict between the truth of the gospel and myths surrounding Artemis.

In addition to Greek influence, including the cult of Artemis, Ephesus was a province of Rome. The city was greatly influenced by Roman culture and was a wealthy hub of trade and travel. Because of this, the “new Roman woman” phenomenon likely spread there. The “new Roman woman” was a “sexual revolution” of sorts among Roman women.12 While, in the Greco-Roman world, women could not officially exercise authority in the public sphere, in practice, this was starting to change during the time of the NT.13 Roman women had more freedom than most other women to have roles in the public sphere, so they influenced the culture of other women in society. This was predominantly true for wealthy women because “financial security gave them power to act independently.”14 Wearing elaborate hairstyles, gold, pearls, and expensive clothing (2:9) were fashions of this “new Roman woman” trend. Wealthy Christian women seem to have been affected by this and were beginning to follow the trends they saw in broader society, changing their dress and exploring their freedom.
Paul turns next to combatting the false teachings in the church through the education of women. Verse 11 is the only command in the passage: “Let a woman learn [manthanetō] in quietness and all submission.” The verses that follow explain this command. Paul wants women to be educated and to be good students. In this context, a good student—whether male or female—is a quiet one, “waiting to be filled up with the knowledge of the teacher.”21 The women have not been filled up with the knowledge of the truth (Paul’s prayer in 2:4), so they have been susceptible to false teachings. The solution is for women to be educated in the truth of the faith and to submit to this truth. What, after all, is the best way to combat false teachings but with learning the truth?

Paul gives similar instructions to women in 1 Cor 14:34–35. Ben Witherington, noting the strong linguistic parallels between these passages, sees the 1 Timothy text as a development of the 1 Corinthians passage.22 Women should learn (variations of the same verb are used in both passages; see 1 Cor 14:31, 35) sound teaching and they should be quiet, submissive learners.23 In 1 Cor 14, Paul is not barring women from ever speaking (just a few chapters before in 11:5 he gives instruction to women who areprophesying and praying); instead, he is prohibiting disruptive speech. He uses the same imperative, “let them be silent [sigatōsan],” three times in 14:26–40: to instruct those speaking in tongues without an interpreter (v. 28), to a person who is speaking if another person has a revelation (v. 30), and to women who are asking questions during the worship gathering (v. 34). In a similar way, in 1 Timothy Paul is prohibiting disruptive speech, namely false teaching, and certain women have been among those causing the disruption. Therefore, Paul wants them to be quiet while they submissively learn the truth.

Paul is hoping to combat the spread of false teaching through women being educated in the truth, and by not permitting them authentein, translated in the NIV as “to assume authority” over men (2:12). First Timothy 2:12 is the most contentious verse of the passage, with every word having been dissected in scrutiny and whole books written on its implications. The main issue hinges on the meaning of authentein and, based on its meaning, the specificity or the timelessness of the prohibition given.

Although the Bible was written for us it wasn't written to us
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ This are the interpretation of an another person i couldn't have said it better To correctly interpret scripture we must take into account context and dispensation.A deep knowledge of culture and tradition is also important.Then, there is also the small matter of background information.
Background: As a mark of submission to their husbands , It was customary for women to wear a veil/head covering any time they went out of the house.It was a custom and had nothing to do with church or Christianity. Now, the women just heard the liberating gospel of Jesus. They have just been taught that in Christ Jesus, "there is neither male nor female........."(Galatians 3:28).As a result, some women in Corinth were so excited about participating in church meetings that they abandoned wearing their veils as a symbol of their new equality with men in Christ.
Hence ,Paul instructed them to pray or prophecy in church with heads covered, not as a direct reverence to God ,but to address the issue of insubordination of women to their husbands.
Let's start with you separating out the rubbish from that post by yourself. Who commanded this "mark of submission to their husbands"? God? Jesus Christ? Who? Where? undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 8:57pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
1. Even after so many so-called corrections, Kumuyi continues to preach lies to his followers. The man did insist that he would revamp most of his doctrines before his death, meaning he is very much aware that he continues to teach lies using the name of God. See, this is a man who has been teaching lies for over 4 decades at this point. Why in the world do you put so much trust in this man for Pete's sake? lipsrsealed

2. Pick one of Paul's letters, create a thread and we can comb through comparing each claim to the Axioms set by Jesus Christ so that you can see some of them. undecided

3. Well, Jesus Christ never mentioned anyone named Paul. Rather, Jesus Christ, and God the Father as well, urged His followers to trust and obey Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God alone. But seems a lot of you have gotten it backward as you seem to trust and obey Paul while you completely ignore Jesus Christ. grin

4. I am not your brother at all - Matthew 12 vs 46 - 50. Stop trying to play mind games. If you wish to honestly examine the contradictions you would not have to resort to emotional blackmail. So, are you ready to be honest with yourself or are you willing to stay tied to the lies of your pastors and mogs for longer? lipsrsealed

What lies has kumuyi been teaching. I'm not a member of his church I just want to know.

You pick any of Paul's letter and point out the false teachings

Do you believe in the Bible.
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ What lies has kumuyi been teaching. I'm not a member of his church I just want to know. You pick any of Paul's letter and point out the false teachings Do you believe in the Bible.
I only do that which God in fact commands of me using His name. And neither the God of Israel nor His Son, Jesus Christ, commanded any man to believe in what you call your bible. So, I don't believe in your bible. undecided

As for Paul's supposed writings, I already extended an invitation to you IF you are HONEST, that is. On the matter of Kumuyi, why else would the man see fit to change his doctrines if not that they were never true to begin with? undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 9:04pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
Let's start with you separating out the rubbish from that post by yourself. Who commanded this "mark of submission to their husbands"? God? Jesus Christ? Who? Where? undecided
Genesis 3
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Who said this?
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 9:08pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
I only do that which God in fact commands of me using His name. And neither the God of Israel nor His Son, Jesus Christ, commanded any man to believe in what you call your bible. So, I don't believe in your bible. undecided

As for Paul's supposed writings, I already extended an invitation to you IF you are HONEST, that is. On the matter of Kumuyi, why else would the man see fit to change his doctrines if not that they were never true to begin with? undecided

So what's the word of God? if you don't believe in the Bible why qoute verses from the Bible?

When did he say that I need proof. I'm curious we learn every day
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
Genesis 3
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. Who said this?
So am I to take it that the way from your point of view, Genesis 3 vs 1 - 24 was the God setting a tradition for men by way of His curses/judgment against the Man and Woman for their sins they committed against Him?
11 God said to the man, “Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat fruit from that special tree? I told you not to eat from that tree!”
12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me gave me fruit from that tree. So I ate it.”
13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What have you done?” She said, “The snake tricked me, so I ate the fruit.”
14 So the Lord God said to the snake, “You did this very bad thing, so bad things will happen to you. It will be worse for you than for any other animal. You must crawl on your belly and eat dust all the days of your life.
15 I will make you and the woman enemies to each other. Your children and her children will be enemies. You will bite her child’s foot, but he will crush your head.”
16 Then God said to the woman, “I will cause you to have much trouble when you are pregnant. And when you give birth to children, you will have much pain. You will want your husband very much, but he will rule over you.”
17 Then God said to the man, “I commanded you not to eat from that tree. But you listened to your wife and ate from it. So I will curse the ground because of you. You will have to work hard all your life for the food the ground produces.
18 The ground will grow thorns and weeds for you. And you will have to eat the plants that grow wild in the fields.
19 You will work hard for your food, until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die, and then you will become dust again. I used dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.” - Genesis 3 vs 11 - 19

Does this equally mean that God's curses detailed in Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 68 and Leviticus 26 vs 14 - 39 you equally fashion as God laying down tradition for the Christians as well? lipsrsealed
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ So what's the word of God? if you don't believe in the Bible why qoute verses from the Bible? When did he say that I need proof. I'm curious we learn every day
Within the pages of Scripture itself, the one known as the Word of God is Jesus Christ— the Truth of God. No other individual or book is referred to as such. But since you choose to believe instead that this book is the Word of God, surely, you should be able to provide a reference for this belief of yours, right? undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 9:35pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
Within the pages of Scripture itself, the one known as the Word of God is Jesus Christ— the Truth of God. No other individual or book is referred to as such. But since you choose to believe instead that this book is the Word of God, surely, you should be able to provide a reference for this belief of yours, right? undecided

In Christianity, the Bible is considered the "Word of God," and there is much to find about this topic in scripture. The Bible is called the Word of God, meaning it can be considered a direct line of communication from the Lord, divinely inspired by the authors of the respective books.

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Matthew 4:4 - But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” The word of Jesus 😁

Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

John 17:17 - Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Matthew 24:35 - Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. Noticed that the words is plural. This was also said by Jesus

Colossians 3:16 - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Luke 11:28 - But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

Isaiah 40:8 - The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ In Christianity, the Bible is considered the "Word of God," and there is much to find about this topic in scripture.
■ The Bible is called the Word of God, meaning it can be considered a direct line of communication from the Lord, divinely inspired by the authors of the respective books.
I understand what you Christians like to believe but here I am inquiring as to the source of the claim you cling to. None of these random verses you pulled up assert your Bible as the Word of God. So am I to take it then that you clearly understand that there is no Scriptural backing for that belief of yours? undecided
2. This assertion of yours isn't scriptural either, is it? We are looking here for evidence to link these ideas back to what is written inside the book. undecided
11 Then I saw heaven open. There before me was a white horse. The rider on the horse was called Faithful and True, because he is right in his judging and in making war.
12 His eyes were like burning fire. He had many crowns on his head. A name was written on him, but he was the only one who knew its meaning.
13 He was dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and he was called the Word of God.
14 The armies of heaven were following the rider on the white horse. They were also riding white horses. They were dressed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 A sharp sword came out of the rider’s mouth, a sword that he would use to defeat the nations. And he will rule the nations with a rod of iron. He will crush the grapes in the winepress of the terrible anger of God All-Powerful.
16 On his robe and on his leg was written this name: king of kings and lord of lords
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun. In a loud voice the angel said to all the birds flying in the sky, “Come together for the great supper of God.
18 Come together so that you can eat the bodies of rulers and army commanders and famous men. Come to eat the bodies of the horses and their riders and the bodies of all people—free, slave, small, and great.” - Revelations 19 vs 11 - 18
Pushing out more conjectures won't cut it since you are pitching this book up against the one who is written in the book as the Word of God Himself, Jesus Christ. So you have to come up with something tangible abeg! undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 9:51pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie

post=128861098:

So am I to take it that the way from your point of view, Genesis 3 vs 1 - 24 was the God setting a tradition for men by way of His curses/judgment against the Man and Woman for their sins they committed against Him? [/size]
Does this equally mean that God's curses detailed in Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 68 and Leviticus 26 vs 14 - 39 you equally fashion as God laying down tradition for the Christians as well? lipsrsealed

Yes . Just as women still have labour pains, their husbands not random men are to rule over them. Women are to be submissive to their husbands. God said it himself. Bring a verse that proves otherwise.

Like I said the Bible was written for us not to us. Those verses were for the Israelites and in some ways it still applicable to us Christians.

You don't believe the Bible yet quote the Bible.
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 9:57pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
I understand what you Christians like to believe but here I am inquiring as to the source of the claim you cling to. None of these random verses you pulled up assert your Bible as the Word of God. So am I to take it then that you clearly understand that there is no Scriptural backing for that belief of yours? undecided
2. This assertion of yours isn't scriptural either, is it? We are looking here for evidence to link these ideas back to what is written inside the book. undecided
Pushing out more conjectures won't cut it since you are pitching this book up against the one who is written in the book as the Word of God Himself, Jesus Christ. So you have to come up with something tangible abeg! undecided

Matthew 24:35 - Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

So what words was Jesus referring to here.

He wasn't referring to himself was he?

Why is the words in plural.

What are those words.

Where are those words recorded.

Are those words recorded in the Bible.

Why are you quoting the Bible

Answer all questions 😂
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ Yes . Just as women still have labour pains, their husbands not random men are to rule over them. Women are to be submissive to their husbands. God said it himself. Bring a verse that proves otherwise. Like I said the Bible was written for us not to us. Those verses were for the Israelites and in some ways it still applicable to us Christians. You don't believe the Bible yet quote the Bible.
You want us to believe that Christians God's total judgment against Adam and Eve, a curse which translated to sickness and suffering for all of their descendants, right? The problem with that is that your churches are filled with people constantly praying against suffering and sickness, how come? You invoke submission against women, but you reject the sickness and suffering that come with being born via a cursed channel that is a woman and you reject the suffering of labor placed on man by God, how come? undecided

Deuteronomy and Leviticus detail another one of God's judgments which went into effect about 1900 years ago. This is the judgment that Jesus Christ was sent to save His people Israel— those condemned to perish — from. Since you claim that Christianity accepts God's curses as tradition — a claim which is questionable given you Christians only accept that which is convenient for you — are we equally to take it then that Christians do not mind continuing to live under the curse and hence have no need for Jesus Christ? undecided
15 “But if you don’t listen to what the Lord your God tells you—if you don’t obey all his commands and laws that I tell you today—then all these bad things will happen to you:
16 “The Lord will curse you in the city and in the field.
17 He will curse you with empty baskets and pans.
18 He will curse you, and you will not have many children. He will curse your land, and you will not have good crops. He will curse your animals, and they will not have many babies. He will curse your calves and lambs.
19 He will curse you at all times in everything you do.
20 “If you do evil and turn away from the Lord, he will make bad things happen to you. You will have frustration and trouble in everything you do. He will continue to do this until you are quickly destroyed. He will do this because you turned away from him and left him.
21 The Lord will send you terrible diseases until you no longer exist until you are completely gone from the land.
22 The Lord will punish you with diseases, fever, and swelling. He will send you terrible heat and you will have no rain. Your crops will die from the heat and disease.[a] All these bad things will happen until you are destroyed!
23 There will be no clouds in the sky—the sky will look like polished brass. And the ground under you will be hard like iron.
24 The Lord will not send rain—only sand and dust will fall from the sky. It will come down on you until you are destroyed.
25 “The Lord will let your enemies defeat you. You will go to fight against your enemies one way, but you will run away from them seven different ways. The bad things that happen to you will make all the people on earth afraid.
26 Your dead bodies will be food for the wild birds and animals. There will be no one to scare them away from your dead bodies.
- Deuteronomy 28 vs 15- 26
You walk past any church around the corner and you will hear Christians crying out for God to take many of these same away from them but here you are trying to make us believe that Christians accept God's curses as their tradition. Please help us clear the air as regards these Christian traditions which on the one hand pretend to accept God's curse and judgment but aren't quite accepting of all of the other curses. undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ Matthew 24:35 - Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. So what words was Jesus referring to here. He wasn't referring to himself was he? Why is the words in plural. What are those words. Where are those words recorded. Are those words recorded in the Bible. Why are you quoting the Bible Answer all questions 😂
Why are we running all over the place now?

● God gave men more than one Word— Law—, did He not? He spoke through His Laws and His Prophets to men, and Jesus Christ told you that His Words are not His but His Father's whose many Words— including the Laws and the Prophets — He made known to His followers. So, what is your actual confusion regarding what Jesus Christ said? undecided
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. The only way to the Father is through me.
7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father too. But now you know the Father. You have seen him.”
8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need.”
9 Jesus answered, “Philip, I have been with you for a long time. So you should know me. Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father too. So why do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The things I have told you don’t come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work.
11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done. - John 14 vs 6 - 11
47 “I did not come into the world to judge people. I came to save the people in the world. So I am not the one who judges those who hear my teaching and do not obey.
48 But there is a judge for all those who refuse to believe in me and do not accept what I say. The message I have spoken will judge them on the last day.
49 That is because what I taught was not from myself. The Father who sent me told me what to say and what to teach.
50 And I know that whatever he says to do will bring eternal life. So the things I say are exactly what the Father told me to say.” - John 12 vs 47 - 50

● The words of Satan are also recorded in your same Bible but Satan is a liar and the Truth is not in Him. By asserting that, the book is the word of your god, what you equally assert is that the lies from the mouth of Satan amount to the Truth of your god. Is that the case? undecided

● You readily strip Jesus Christ of that which Scripture says belongs to Him — the Word of God title— all so you can give it instead to a book because your religion demands you do so. What does that say of you as far as your claim to be a believer in the person of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 10:34pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
You want us to believe that Christians God's total judgment against Adam and Eve, a curse which translated to sickness and suffering for all of their descendants, right? The problem with that is that your churches are filled with people constantly praying against suffering and sickness, how come? You invoke submission against women, but you reject the sickness and suffering that come with being born via a cursed channel that is a woman and you reject the suffering of labor placed on man by God, how come? undecided

Deuteronomy and Leviticus detail another one of God's judgments which went into effect about 1900 years ago. This is the judgment that Jesus Christ was sent to save His people Israel— those condemned to perish — from. Since you claim that Christianity accepts God's curses as tradition — a claim which is questionable given you Christians only accept that which is convenient for you — are we equally to take it then that Christians do not mind continuing to live under the curse and hence have no need for Jesus Christ? undecided
You walk past any church around the corner and you will hear Christians crying out for God to take many of these same away from them but here you are trying to make us believe that Christians accept God's curses as their tradition. Please help us clear the air as regards these Christian traditions which on the one hand pretend to accept God's curse and judgment but aren't quite accepting of all of the other curses. undecided

So because Christians pray to God suffering has disappeared. Is suffering and sickness not part of life? Do daily bread come easily.

Go into the streets and ask anybody if suffering and sickness are part of human life.

We pray because of Hope and Faith not because we pretend suffering and sickness are not part of life we've all wether Christian Muslim or traditionalist or atheist accepted it as part of human life and experience.
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ So because Christians pray to God suffering has disappeared. Is suffering and sickness not part of life? Do daily bread come easily.
■ Go into the streets and ask anybody if suffering and sickness are part of human life.
■ We pray because of Hope and Faith not because we pretend suffering and sickness are not part of life we've all wether Christian Muslim or traditionalist or atheist accepted it as part of human life and experience.
You said the curse is meant to be a Christian tradition, so why pray against what you assert to be your tradition? How many of you, in the same manner, that you pray against sickness and suffering, equally pray against the submission of your wives? lipsrsealed

2. Try to stay on track without deviating abeg! This is concerning your claim that God's judgment against mankind, a curse placed on mankind by God, is a Christian tradition. Yes, suffering and sickness are part of human life, yet you all pray against it. The average Christian spends countless hours screaming to heaven for God to save them from suffering and sickness but I have never seen a Christian devoting even a smidge of his effort against the submission of women to their husbands which is equally a curse, why? undecided

3. Please don't deviate. This isn't a question about prayer at all, but about your selective treatment of God's curses one of which you claim is a tradition in your religion. God meant submission, like suffering and sickness, for a curse. But, you claimed that your religion turned it into a tradition. However, the same religion continually rejects the other curses from the same God every chance it gets. How come? undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 10:46pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
Why are we running all over the place now?

● God gave men more than one Word— Law—, did He not? He spoke through His Laws and His Prophets to men, and Jesus Christ told you that His Words are not His but His Father's whose many Words— including the Laws and the Prophets — He made known to His followers. So, what is your actual confusion regarding what Jesus Christ said? undecided

● The words of Satan are also recorded in your same Bible but Satan is a liar and the Truth is not in Him. By asserting that, the book is the word of your god, what you equally assert is that the lies from the mouth of Satan amount to the Truth of your god. Is that the case? undecided

● You readily strip Jesus Christ of that which Scripture says belongs to Him — the Word of God title— all so you can give it instead to a book because your religion demands you do so. What does that say of you as far as your claim to be a believer in the person of Jesus Christ? undecided

Jesus Christ Himself is also called the Word of God. This concept is based on the belief that Jesus embodies God's message to humanity. According to the Gospel of John, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). This passage suggests that Jesus is not only a messenger of God's word but that He is the very essence of that word.

The Bible is the written word of God . It is here for guidance, correction. God's words are recorded in the Bible, the laws he spoke through prophet and laws are recorded in the Bible. Even Jesus used to scriptures when he taught.

Let me put it this way the Bible contains the word of God. Now argue. Doesn't it?

You've proven not to be of God.
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
Jesus Christ Himself is also called the Word of God. This concept is based on the belief that Jesus embodies God's message to humanity. According to the Gospel of John, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). This passage suggests that Jesus is not only a messenger of God's word but that He is the very essence of that word. The Bible is the written word of God . It is here for guidance, correction. God's words are recorded in the Bible, the laws he spoke through prophet and laws are recorded in the Bible. Even Jesus used to scriptures when he taught. Let me put it this way the Bible contains the word of God. Now argue. Doesn't it? You've proven not to be of God.
Again, it is written in Scripture that Jesus Christ is the Word out of God's own Mouth — the Word of God. What is missing from Scripture is this claim that rather than Jesus Christ being the Word of God, your bible is instead the real deal. Jesus Christ may have quoted from Scripture to His disciples but there are so many things equally written in that same book that Jesus Christ did not quote. He did not quote Satan for example and Satan's words — all of them lies— whose words are equally written in that same book. undecided

So, when you strip Jesus Christ of the title that belongs to Him and hand it instead to a book that contains lies in addition to the Truth of God among other things — the opinions of men which could also be lies—, all so that your religion can continue to boost that which is clearly not scriptural, what does that say of you and your many claims? undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 10:56pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
You said the curse is meant to be a Christian tradition, so why pray against what you assert to be your tradition? How many of you, in the same manner, that you pray against sickness and suffering, equally pray against the submission of your wives? lipsrsealed

2. Try to stay on track without deviating abeg! This is concerning your claim that God's judgment against mankind, a curse placed on mankind by God, is a Christian tradition. Yes, suffering and sickness are part of human life, yet you all pray against it. The average Christian spends countless hours screaming to heaven for God to save them from suffering and sickness but I have never seen a Christian devoting even a smidge of his effort against the submission of women to their husbands which is equally a curse, why? undecided

3. Please don't deviate. This isn't a question about prayer at all, but about your selective treatment of God's curses one of which you claim is a tradition in your religion. God meant submission, like suffering and sickness, for a curse. But, you claimed that your religion turned it into a tradition. However, the same religion continually rejects the other curses from the same God every chance it gets. How come? undecided

You're Nigerian right before Christianity in many cultures who is the head of the family?

In many religions who is the head of the family.

Almost all cultures of the world follow this Christian tradition as you call it.

It is universal not just Christian tradition.

Do you know why because like suffering sickness and childbirth pain God ordained it.

😂😂
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 11:04pm On Mar 09
Kobojunkie:
Again, it is written in Scripture that Jesus Christ is the Word out of God's own Mouth — the Word of God. What is missing from Scripture is this claim that rather than Jesus Christ being the Word of God, your bible is instead the real deal. Jesus Christ may have quoted from Scripture to His disciples but there are so many things equally written in that same book that Jesus Christ did not quote. He did not quote Satan for example and Satan's words — all of them lies— whose words are equally written in that same book. undecided

So, when you strip Jesus Christ of the title that belongs to Him and hand it instead to a book that contains lies in addition to the Truth of God among other things — the opinions of men which could also be lies—, all so that your religion can continue to boost that which is clearly not scriptural, what does that say of you and your many claims? undecided

Doesn't change the fact that God's words and instructions are contained in the Bible.
Inspired by God.

And so what if Satan's words are in the Bible?

Are we to obey them? The only instances of the devil speaking was when he spoke to Eve and tempted Jesus with some other ones like in job. His instructions are not in the Bible.

The words and instructions of God are recorded in the Bible.
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ Doesn't change the fact that God's words and instructions are contained in the Bible.
Inspired by God. And so what if Satan's words are in the Bible? Are we to obey them? The only instances of the devil speaking was when he spoke to Eve and tempted Jesus with some other ones like in job. His instructions are not in the Bible. The words and instructions of God are recorded in the Bible.
Claim A: You must obey God's Word
Claim B: The Bible is God's Word
Conclusion: Obey your Bible which is God's Word... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Anyways, what seems obvious at this point is that your belief is not Scriptural but man-made, which explains the many attempts by you above to suggest that not all contained in the book that you call God's Word should be obeyed. undecided

Religion is indeed steeped in logical fallacies. lipsrsealed
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:
■ You're Nigerian right before Christianity in many cultures who is the head of the family? In many religions who is the head of the family. Almost all cultures of the world follow this Christian tradition as you call it. It is universal not just Christian tradition.
■ Do you know why because like suffering sickness and childbirth pain God ordained it. 😂😂
So, what you are trying to say after all is that your Christian tradition in fact has no Scriptural root to it whatsoever? undecided

2. Your only evidence for this ordination by God you speak of is via God's curse on man— a punishment from God against man—, right? You said the curse is meant to be a Christian tradition, so why pray against tradition, or at least parts of it? How many of you, in the same manner, that you pray against sickness and suffering, equally pray against the submission of your wives?

Yes, suffering and sickness are part of human life, yet you all pray against it. The average Christian spends countless hours screaming to heaven for God to save them from suffering and sickness but I have never seen a Christian devoting even a smidge of his effort against the submission of women to their husbands which is equally a curse, why? undecided

God meant submission, like suffering and sickness, for a curse. But, you claimed that your religion turned it into a tradition. However, the same religion continually rejects the other curses from the same God every chance it gets. How come? undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 7:41am On Mar 10
Kobojunkie:
So, what you are trying to say after all is that your Christian tradition in fact has no Scriptural root to it whatsoever? undecided

2. Your only evidence for this ordination by God you speak of is via God's curse on man— a punishment from God against man—, right? You said the curse is meant to be a Christian tradition, so why pray against tradition, or at least parts of it? How many of you, in the same manner, that you pray against sickness and suffering, equally pray against the submission of your wives?

Yes, suffering and sickness are part of human life, yet you all pray against it. The average Christian spends countless hours screaming to heaven for God to save them from suffering and sickness but I have never seen a Christian devoting even a smidge of his effort against the submission of women to their husbands which is equally a curse, why? undecided

God meant submission, like suffering and sickness, for a curse. But, you claimed that your religion turned it into a tradition. However, the same religion continually rejects the other curses from the same God every chance it gets. How come? undecided

It's a human tradition even before Christianity it's a societal norm that trace it's root back to God.
And show me where I said submission is a Christian tradition.

Because Paul spoke about it you said it was wrong. Forgetting God himself ordained it.

Every major religion supports it like they don't even defer on that topic. Almost every cultures across time agree on it. Because it's not a Christian tradition but a societal norm that Christianity agrees with.
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 7:45am On Mar 10
Kobojunkie:
Claim A: You must obey God's Word
Claim B: The Bible is God's Word
Conclusion: Obey your Bible which is God's Word... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Anyways, what seems obvious at this point is that your belief is not Scriptural but man-made, which explains the many attempts by you above to suggest that not all contained in the book that you call God's Word should be obeyed. undecided

Religion is indeed steeped in logical fallacies. lipsrsealed

You must obey God's instructions

The Bible contains God's instructions to man

Obey God's instructions.

Do you have anything against what's above.

You're confused you're saying my belief are not scriptural where are the scriptures written?

You don't believe yet you quote it.
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 7:46am On Mar 10
Lawag3:
It's a human tradition even before Christianity it's a societal norm that trace it's root back to God.And show me where I said submission is a Christian tradition.
■ Because Paul spoke about it you said it was wrong. Forgetting God himself ordained it. Every major religion supports it like they don't even defer on that topic. Almost every cultures across time agree on it. Because it's not a Christian tradition but a societal norm that Christianity agrees with.
So, what you are trying to say after all is that your Christian tradition in fact has no Scriptural root to it whatsoever given that the trace back to Scripture I a curse from God meant as punishment against the woman? Because the particular curse in question appears to favor the egos of men --- in reality it is reason why even Christian marriage are in shambles --- Christianity does not pray against the particular curse but claims it as a tradition, right? undecided

2. Your only evidence for this ordination by God you claim of is via God's curse on man— a punishment from God against man—, right? You said the curse is meant to be a Christian tradition, so why pray against tradition, or at least parts of it? How many of you, in the same manner, that you pray against sickness and suffering, equally pray against the submission of your wives? undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Lawag3: 7:50am On Mar 10
Kobojunkie:

2. Your only evidence for this ordination by God you claim of is via God's curse on man— a punishment from God against man—, right? You said the curse is meant to be a Christian tradition, so why pray against tradition, or at least parts of it? How many of you, in the same manner, that you pray against sickness and suffering, equally pray against the submission of your wives? undecided

Should I quote the Bible and bring verses that say women should be submissive to their husbands 😁 .

You know it's plenty.
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 7:59am On Mar 10
Lawag3:
You must obey God's instructions The Bible contains God's instructions to man
Obey God's instructions.
Do you have anything against what's above.
You're confused you're saying my belief are not scriptural where are the scriptures written?
You don't believe yet you quote it.
As expected of all religious adherents, you have taken to writing your own separate scripture all while abandoning that which is in fact written in the same book which you claim you believe in. The thousands-of-years-old wisdom of God contained in the book has been the mandate that one obey, not just any word but the Word of God. But here not only have you stripped Jesus Christ of His title as Word of God, but you have also taken to rewriting God's mandate to men from the beginning, all for what? So your mogs and pastors can continue to rule over your life by way of religion? undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim by Kobojunkie: 8:10am On Mar 10
Lawag3:
Should I quote the Bible and bring verses that say women should be submissive to their husbands 😁 .You know it's plenty.
I don't since I only know the Word of God. All else are lies and opinions which matter nothing since they have no link to the Truth. undecided

Like that we are back where we started from https://www.nairaland.com/8017144/blasphemy-johnson-suleman-responded-he/1#128860777

Notice how you never did provide an honest answer to the question i asked regarding the gobbledygook you posted earlier? undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The City That God Has Prepared / Angdatingdaan.org What Do You Think About This Site?let Have A Real Debate! / Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.