Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,182 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods (39900 Views)

Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun / Garba Nasiru: Bandits Kill Customs Officer In Katsina (Photos) / Owode Residents Vow To Kill Customs Officers After They Killed Seven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by naptu2: 5:37pm On Mar 01
seunayantokun:

He has done a good investigation and reported well. But he needs to be told he has to be wiser. One, you don't fight a war the government and its officers are not fighting. Two, Smuggled rice is on the plate in more homes in Nigeria than 'unsmuggled' rice is. In fact, it is part of the saving grace in this 'ebi n pa wa' time. So, who the story helps? Three, investigative journalism helps to ensure rule of law, justice, and protect a nation or country and its people or peoples. We need to see what purpose the report has served in the context of today's Nigeria. That bloke is taking an unnecessary risk. People are hungry and you are investigating food smugglers. You are on your own.

Did you actually read the story and do you think it's just about rice smuggling??

3 Likes

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Emman08: 5:38pm On Mar 01
This one is a future APC senator or governor confirmed 💯

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by mkoabiola: 5:40pm On Mar 01
Fisayo soyombo is really dogged and doing alot in investigative journalism

Kudos to him

Unforuntely,ibd dende is a Big boi

Nothing Will b done

He is president's boi

No body fit touch am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by sammiewrite(m): 5:49pm On Mar 01
idolda:
It is obvious this particular "investigative blog" has personal grievances with this particular smuggler. I can clearly heard where that man was saying custom Boss smuggled trailers of rice without the custom doing anything but this particular "investigative journalist" decided to ignore that particular one and focus on this guy threat to deal with custom officer. This selective investigation will only run this particular smuggler down while hundreds and thousands of smugglers in the good book of custom continue to game the system. Even the custom bosses self. I don't support illegal smuggling of goods either by smugglers or by custom officers as it robs the country of its revenue
You may be right. There is an handle on Twitter that called out Fisayo's hypocrisy. The handle claimed Fisayo's family had been into rice smuggling for more than twenty years and that Fisayo only started to become vocal when his family's goods were recently seized. The handle even challenged Fisayo to dare to reply or sue him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by themanderon: 5:51pm On Mar 01
Why do we pretend not to know these things are happening on a daily basis? Those saddled with solving problems in this country are actually those benefitting and ensuring the continuation of the problem. From the very top to the bottom everything and everywhere stinks of corruption and rottenness.
The country has a long way to go. Even the customs boss is busy loading bags of rice making money from the smuggling he was meant to stop. Crazy country full of crazy people.
Watch how the customs will spin the story. We await their funny version of the story.

2 Likes

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Omoluabi16(m): 5:52pm On Mar 01
Who or what will redeem this country? Rotten from top to bottom. I believe this customs people are paid well, so why this? No wonder bandits are getting easy supplies.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Fujiyama: 5:53pm On Mar 01
Amayanabo01:
Can he threaten the Nigerian army like this? You dey claim right unto smuggled goods, well I don't blame you because the head is rotten.

^^^
undecided

The same army you are talking about was forced to indict and compulsorily retire one of its senior commanders (Brigadier General Aliyu Momoh) for his role in the rigging of Ekiti state governorship elections some years ago. The evidence was overwhelming (there was a widely circulated audio clip in which politicians could be heard berating senior military officers like small children) and as such the army could not cover things up. Their hand was forced and they had no choice but to act.

This hero worship has to stop. It is unwarranted and blinds people to the very real shortcomings of these men in uniform.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Elidrisy20: 5:54pm On Mar 01
Killing is bad
They should settle the matter
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by zebszebs: 5:56pm On Mar 01
idolda:
It is obvious this particular "investigative blog" has personal grievances with this particular smuggler. I can clearly heard where that man was saying custom Boss smuggled trailers of rice without the custom doing anything but this particular "investigative journalist" decided to ignore that particular one and focus on this guy threat to deal with custom officer. This selective investigation will only run this particular smuggler down while hundreds and thousands of smugglers in the good book of custom continue to game the system. Even the custom bosses self. I don't support illegal smuggling of goods either by smugglers or by custom officers as it robs the country of its revenue

I just hope and pray you are not doing this for free.
I hope you are smart enough to get some coins from IBD himself which solves all your problems down to your 4th generation.

If not, then its a big pity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by buttlover(m): 5:57pm On Mar 01
I would have cashed out big time when i was serving in oja odan, but i had no funds. Rice was selling at 25,000naira in abeokuta while it was sold at 11000 naira in oja odan that year. If your go further to the next community called ohumbe almost near benin republic you will get a bag of rice at 9,500 naira. Many of my corps mate bought a lot of bags when we rounded up nysc. That yeat 2017/2018
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by pongwa(m): 5:59pm On Mar 01
[quote author=naptu2 post=128726030][/quote]
"Ati ni problem
Emi ati e tini problem"
I dedicate problem by Reminisce to IBD
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by delishpot: 6:01pm On Mar 01
But the borders in the north are open for all to pass through.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by mukthar2000(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01
Dende was once in Jonathan team when Jonathan was Nigeria president, the was a contractor of rice smuggler then, no customer then born well to stop dende convoy when they are on the road with their sumggling iteams then, unless the customer want to loose this joy.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by zebszebs: 6:02pm On Mar 01
sammiewrite:
You may be right. There is an handle on Twitter that called out Fisayo's hypocrisy. The handle claimed Fisayo's family had been into rice smuggling for more than twenty years and that Fisayo only started to become vocal when his family's goods were recently seized. The handle even challenged Fisayo to dare to reply or sue him.

Even if Fisayo's family members were assassins who were just recently wiped out by IBD, does that change the fact that IBD is a notorious criminal and smuggler who has the customs and other arms of government, including the present president in his graces?

Like I told your colleague, I hope you two are not doing this nonsense for free.

2 Likes

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Sleekfun: 6:03pm On Mar 01
The food crops in Nigeria is even expensive more than the foreign one , even cat fish is expensive more than Titus frozen fish , let government open border with Cotonou and reduce this bands items including cars ... This can help to build relationship between us and Cotonou but oil can be hold as a snuggle item ...cos that is FGN property...
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Raalsalghul: 6:03pm On Mar 01
tensazangetsu20:
I just pity people wey don born sha grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by zebszebs: 6:04pm On Mar 01
buttlover:
I would have cashed out big time when i was serving in oja odan, but i had no funds. Rice was selling at 25,000naira in abeokuta while it was sold at 11000 naira in oja odan that year. If your go further to the next community called ohumbe almost near benin republic you will get a bag of rice at 9,500 naira. Many of my corps mate bought a lot of bags when we rounded up nysc. That yeat 2017/2018

And your point is?

Who asked you for this unnecessary story of your "would-have" foray into crime?

Its not too late, you can go join IBD smuggling school to learn the ropes

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Sleekfun: 6:04pm On Mar 01
Why band imported rice when our farmers rice is even more expensive, why band tokunbo cars , how many people can afford new cars in Nigeria , let there be open border to some goods ,this will build relationship and easy shipment within Nigeria and Benin Republic.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by zebszebs: 6:05pm On Mar 01
Sleekfun:
The food crops in Nigeria is even expensive more than the foreign one , even cat fish is expensive more than Titus frozen fish , let government open border with Cotonou and reduce this bands items including cars ... This can help to build relationship between us and Cotonou but oil can be hold as a snuggle item ...cos that is FGN property...

*bands* items grin grin grin

Go to school, mbanu

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by buttlover(m): 6:08pm On Mar 01
zebszebs:

And your point is?

Who asked you for this unnecessary story of your "would-have" foray into crime?

Its not too late, you can go join IBD smuggling school to learn the ropes

Hope you dont live in a f2f house, you will talk on things that doesnt concern you. For the fact you bolded your comments you must be a loud gossiper. Abeg shift
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by mukthar2000(m): 6:08pm On Mar 01
I don't blame Dende, see as Nigeria customs are begging him, thought the feed 100% customs with bribe in ilaro to benne republic shaa.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Clobisman(m): 6:13pm On Mar 01
It seems like outlaws or criminals calls the shot in nigeria. They command respect from those who they should be scared of.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Advancedman(m): 6:13pm On Mar 01
[quote author=naptu2 post=128726030][/quote]

At the end na Dem Dem.
Naija for show
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by seunayantokun(m): 6:15pm On Mar 01
naptu2:

Did you actually read the story and do you think it's just about rice smuggling??
Mine is simply a comment, not a complete appraisal, on a part of it which has to do with food.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by erai30(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01
idolda:

Paw paw head...... All I see in you is empty brain cool

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by yahoodetector: 6:18pm On Mar 01
Close your eyes and imagine that IBD Dende is an Igbo man...by now, the DSS, Nigerian Army, FBI, Interpol, Navy Seals, CIA, IDF etc would have arrested him and invade his village. undecided

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by AfDapone: 6:22pm On Mar 01
Sometimes something is wrong with we Nigerians. This guy Dende has earned enough to invest in a rice farming business in Nigeria. He won't just reason that way. Shioor.

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by sammiewrite(m): 6:26pm On Mar 01
zebszebs:

Even if Fisayo's family members were assassins who were just recently wiped out by IBD, does that change the fact that IBD is a notorious criminal and smuggler who has the customs and other arms of government, including the present president in his graces?

Like I told your colleague, I hope you two are not doing this nonsense for free.

My "colleague?" "Doing this nonsense for free?"
Good enough my post was written in plain English, such that even if you don't understand it, at least others do.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by JuanDeDios: 6:28pm On Mar 01
idolda:
What's your point, sir?
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Acidosis(m): 6:29pm On Mar 01
A potential presidential candidate of the ruling party, APC.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by JuanDeDios: 6:33pm On Mar 01
Elidrisy20:
Killing is bad
They should settle the matter
Right.

They should settle themselves in a jail cell though.

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by mclloyd22: 6:34pm On Mar 01
Where is the 100bags? You no do undercover with 20bags ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNN Security Officer Assassinated By Cultists (Graphic Photos) / I’ve Killed Three Persons Since Initiated Into Cult – Undergraduate / Lagos Police Clamps Down On Cultists, Arrests Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.