Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods (40308 Views)

Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun / Garba Nasiru: Bandits Kill Customs Officer In Katsina (Photos) / Owode Residents Vow To Kill Customs Officers After They Killed Seven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Procashtips(m): 6:37pm On Mar 01
deedo93:
Our investigative journalists have really upped their game. Kudos for this revelation

He's the only known investigative journalist in Nigeria. No one else comes to mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Osanoghodua1: 6:37pm On Mar 01
A Lance officer in Nigeria Army would have shot him dead right there and will be declared a terrorist. Stop threatening officers discharging their duties.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by JetStar: 6:46pm On Mar 01
tensazangetsu20:
I just pity people wey don born sha grin grin

Why? Please let us know.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Anatolia: 6:50pm On Mar 01
airsaylongcome:

Your recommendations just lack any atom of intellectual rigour. How the hell would smuggled goods be released after payment of fines? Then where is the disincentive to smuggle? And lower import duties will increase revenue? How I beg you? How?

You claim to have intellectual rigor but provide no counter solutions. It is easier to import items in the US from China and anywhere than to do so in Nigeria. People evade customs because the foolish customs have high import duties and thus lose a lot of revenue. Make importation easier by charging less import duties. Smuggled goods should not be confiscated but those who do so should be made to pay the import duties they were trying to evade with additional fines.

4 Likes

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by netmillionaires(m): 6:57pm On Mar 01
See you. The Boko haram threatening naija army nko?

They all know themselves and that's why they can threaten each other. The man who was captured by the Nigerian police and the army went to kill the police men to release the kidnapper some years back. Don't you know it is some people who gave command to the military?

If a general should do nonsense, they will simply send him to the war front and ask some of his colleagues to kill him. The next thing you will hear is that he does in active service.

Amayanabo01:
Can he threaten the Nigerian army like this? You dey claim right unto smuggled goods, well I don't blame you because the head is rotten.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Naijaepic: 7:00pm On Mar 01
Hope you notice the timestamp of the videos,

First trip 2022
Second trip April 2023

Ali, if I am right is CGC as at then.

I am not saying Ali decent former Army officer, but what about people under him?

Yampotatocarrot:

Whoever wants to, CAN

I'm not saying he's clean, but do you know how the customer officials at Seme fear the former DG of custom boss, Hameed? As in, mentioning his name alone, you'll see the visible fear in their body... It spells from the fact he was a former military man or so, hence the news about him was that he no send you, and can practically do and undo

I've crossed the border severally when rumour had it he was going to come...even when rumour had it he had sent some people undercover to report on erring officials

If someone like that wanted to sanitise customs, trust me, he would... All he had to do was start from one location and continue from there
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by o123456789(m): 7:18pm On Mar 01
seunayantokun:

He has done a good investigation and reported well. But he needs to be told he has to be wiser. One, you don't fight a war the government and its officers are not fighting. Two, Smuggled rice is on the plate in more homes in Nigeria than 'unsmuggled' rice is. In fact, it is part of the saving grace in this 'ebi n pa wa' time. So, who the story helps? Three, investigative journalism helps to ensure rule of law, justice, and protect a nation or country and its people or peoples. We need to see what purpose the report has served in the context of today's Nigeria. That bloke is taking an unnecessary risk. People are hungry and you are investigating food smugglers? You are on your own.
Note that rice is not only the commodity mentioned, so let me ask you, will you be happy if these snuggled guns are used on you by criminals?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by netmillionaires(m): 7:21pm On Mar 01
Which will. You don't seem to understand the Nigeria you live in. Nigeria is not Anambra, nor is it Southeast. Even Tinubu must have realized that Nigeria is not Lagos. If Buhari had not become the president and died tomorrow, we would have been here shouting A PRESIDENT WE NEVER HAD. Lamenting how he would have changed the country forgetting that he was once a military head of state.

If Obi becomes president today, he will need to go the Jonathan way because the North will make demands that he must abide by to win 2nd term. If he refuses, they destroy his government and then rally the north against him. Jonathan does so much for the North. Where is he today? If he doesn't want to do that, then he must do ojoro to retain his seat. If he does that, how then is he different from the other politicians? Their are just too many saboteurs in this country who are blinded by tribe, religion, ethnicity etc

Jokerman:

Things change when there's s will

4 Likes

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by seunayantokun(m): 7:28pm On Mar 01
o123456789:
Note that rice is not only the commodities mentioned, so let me ask you, will you be happy if these snuggled guns are use on you by criminals?
Yeah, mine is simply a comment on rice. Other things thete are not part of my comment. You can say something about them. Crimes are bad.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by zebszebs: 7:29pm On Mar 01
buttlover:

Hope you dont live in a f2f house, you will talk on things that doesnt concern you. For the fact you bolded your comments you must be a loud gossiper. Abeg shift

I have just noticed your username.

I blame myself for engaging you.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Patojargz: 8:12pm On Mar 01
IBD Dende
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by MEGAWATCH: 8:19pm On Mar 01
post=128726448:
Wtf is he

Go clear your name and stop shouting and ranting Mr man.

Threatening is a criminal offence on its own.

Abeg Keep quite there!

How many times have you asked Buhari to go and clear his name?

You are a born HYPOCRITE,

It's just in your blood and nothing anybody can do about it.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by TK9680: 8:29pm On Mar 01
Fisayo, you are really precious to the truth loving people.

You need to consider exile oooo
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:57pm On Mar 01
Arrest the bastard and ruin him his enemy of the state. angry
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by KosiGee(m): 9:00pm On Mar 01
Amayanabo01:
Can he threaten the Nigerian army like this? You dey claim right unto smuggled goods, well I don't blame you because the head is rotten.

Leave the NA out if this. They’ve got their own issues and like you rightly pointed out, the head is rotten so don’t blame this man. He witnessed the custom boss’s vehicles loaded with contraband goods and his prohibited bags of rice had no problems entering Nigeria and he would make a fortune selling them.

I’m only hearing the name IBD for the first time here but I think this is man fighting for his pocket and taking advantage of the rot in the system.

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Dalohad: 9:10pm On Mar 01
swagficient:
If nothing happens with these revelations 😞😔
I give up on Nigeria.

I assure you nothing will happen..
Ganduje is still walking around with dollars stuffed in his babariga and abokey cap.

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by deedo93(m): 9:12pm On Mar 01
Krankhead:
That's what we cal investigative journalism unlike the idiots on Arise TV relying on what is trending in online gossips. If all the Arise staff are in America they would have been in jail.and bankrupt

Lol! True talk
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Dalohad: 9:13pm On Mar 01
DeLaRue:
The police can arrest the man threatening someone 's life, investigate and charge him to court accordingly.

The evidence is there on the video.

The claim that a senior customs officer is involved in smuggling rice should also be investigated, and if found to be true, the man should be dismissed from Customs.

Aso Rock should take up these matters as a matter of urgency. The local police can't be trusted to do the right thing here.

Examples need to be made of characters like these.

The senior officer is the Custom boss himself who is his associate. This powerful smuggler is a friend and associate of Tinubu and he recommended the Custom Boss (Wale) for the top job.

Nigeria is rotten and irredeemable.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by deedo93(m): 9:13pm On Mar 01
Procashtips:

He's the only known investigative journalist in Nigeria. No one else comes to mind.

Truly, I can't think of another. Sad!
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by soccerlite: 9:14pm On Mar 01
aribisala0:
I hope TInubu will fight him to ruin

Lolzzzzz
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Dalohad: 9:16pm On Mar 01
seunayantokun:

He has done a good investigation and reported well. But he needs to be told he has to be wiser. One, you don't fight a war the government and its officers are not fighting. Two, Smuggled rice is on the plate in more homes in Nigeria than 'unsmuggled' rice is. In fact, it is part of the saving grace in this 'ebi n pa wa' time. So, who the story helps? Three, investigative journalism helps to ensure rule of law, justice, and protect a nation or country and its people or peoples. We need to see what purpose the report has served in the context of today's Nigeria. That bloke is taking an unnecessary risk. People are hungry and you are investigating food smugglers? You are on your own.

When you look at the mirror, you will see one of the problems of this country in flesh and blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by soccerlite: 9:17pm On Mar 01
Sunday Igboho and fasonranti will soon come out to support him

Leave omo yoruba alone
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by higgs: 9:27pm On Mar 01
This is one of the reasons for the weakness of the naira. Government can not reduce fx demand by banning importation of frivolous items because smugglers will still flood the country with those items.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by buttlover(m): 9:33pm On Mar 01
zebszebs:

I have just noticed your username.

I blame myself for engaging you.

Taah go and sitdown ewu.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by naija4life247: 9:34pm On Mar 01
There is nothing like smuggling of food. Let the poor breathe.

You can only smuggle arms, petrol, and the likes. Food items cannot be snuggled, allow food items in, let the poor breathe
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by seunayantokun(m): 9:37pm On Mar 01
Dalohad:

When you look at the mirror, you will see one of the problems of this country in flesh and blood.
If you have done that, then you have seen the problem of Nigeria: the very person you saw when you looked at the mirror.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 9:41pm On Mar 01
seunayantokun:

What he is doing is against the law, against the people and against the government.
There is no way you want to present it
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by seunayantokun(m): 9:49pm On Mar 01
BEANSndPLANTAIN:

What he is doing is against the law, against the people and against the government.
There is no way you want to present it
I even suspect he is selfish and after reputation through a short-cut in a society that is obviously decadent.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Swinger60(f): 10:30pm On Mar 01
Dalohad:

that guy you quoted is a fool and a coward.

People like him, can sell his fellow human for something as common as money or food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Karnice600: 10:54pm On Mar 01
Nbote:
Nigeria, a natuon where criminals are the ones tasked with combating crime

Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces is a criminal too. Na normal sickness
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by BarrElChapo(m): 11:11pm On Mar 01
Talkisneeded:

You sell cars, ibd is rumoured to smuggle cars...
Seems you have a lot in common bruh

Lol I was joking about the smuggled herb though. I'm a legal practitioner. I sold some cars in the past doesn't mean I'm a car dealer. Love and light 🥂
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by BarrElChapo(m): 11:12pm On Mar 01
kayyyy44:
Even me I thought it was a slang🤣😂

Imagine my shook 🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sex Worker Dies In Lagos Hotel After Drug-induced Romp With Client / Chief Newton Agbofodoh Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Delta State / Nigerian Man Falls To His Death While Escaping Malaysian Immigration. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.