Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,748 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. (37186 Views)

Economic Hardship: Nigerians Return To Charcoal Stoves, Firewood / Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / PVC Collectors Protest Perceived Intimidation And Frustration By INEC In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Streetdoctor: 4:31pm On Mar 03
HellVictorinho6:

The imaginary we again
Yes it is we and will co tinue to be we, u can go and hug d transformer
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Streetdoctor: 4:33pm On Mar 03
pansophist:

The evil (snake) you ignore because it is eating other people's pets, and not affecting you, will grow big, and then it is you, it will swallow.
Una go quot proverb tire, u see dis ting, una go wail tire. When sensible parts of d country was saying it u guys turned a blind eye. Now harvest what u planted. Ndi araa
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:33pm On Mar 03
Streetdoctor:

Yes it is we and will co tinue to be we, u can go and hug d transformer

is nairaland an evidence
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Streetdoctor: 4:36pm On Mar 03
HellVictorinho6:

is nairaland an evidence

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:49pm On Mar 03
[quote author=Streetdoctor post=128755374][/quote]

ur mother is a yoruba gay shocked
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Christian36: 5:37pm On Mar 03
pansophist:

The evil (snake) you ignore because it is eating other people's pets, and not affecting you, will grow big, and then it is you, it will swallow.
The snake that is almost swallowing you and your people, a bag of rice is #80,000 under the person you so much worship, 12.5kg of gas is #17,000 and here you are calling on snake to swallow people that have no hand in the disaster you guys brought upon yourselves. I expected you to call on that same snake to swallow those criminals parading themselves as politicians that brought this hardship upon Nigerians, you would have called the snake to swallow Tinubu son who was displaying the most expensive watch while telling you guys to suffer more for a better Nigeria.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Streetdoctor: 11:34am On Mar 04
HellVictorinho6:

ur mother is a yoruba gay shocked

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:39am On Mar 04
[quote author=Streetdoctor post=128766982][/quote]

cOntinue
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by deolumike(m): 12:02pm On Mar 04
They don't know.
Lovelyn451:
It would've been worse with Peter obi, so whatever you are going through, just thank God for Tinubu
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by TikiManner: 7:10pm On Mar 08
Sorry for the pains.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Nmeri17: 6:50pm On Mar 17
pansophist:
Who will bell the cat?

Pick ten out of those protesters, put them in one government post, and allocate funds to them, to take care of their community and soften the hardship.

You will see that they might turn out to be worse than the leaders they complain about. Coming out to protest is easy, any idiot can do that, but to reflect and make sure you are not a participant in the rot is a hard job, and many won't do it.

Whatever.

What do you propose? A return to colonial rule? Any other option?
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by pansophist(m): 7:08pm On Mar 17
Nmeri17:

What do you propose? A return to colonial rule? Any other option?

What I proposed was implied.

That in a bid to protest and be a moral judge of the corruption of the political class, it is imperative to self-reflect, and not be the exact thing we hate in others.

On the individual level, a lot of these protesters are not good people to their families, friends, employees, neighbors, etc. The golden rule (to treat others how you want to be treated) is not reserved only for the ruling class, but for everyone.

So no, returning to colonial rule is not even in the list of options. But doing right, matching our actions with words, its the way out.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by StarRida: 7:25pm On Mar 17
Lovelyn451:
It would've been worse with Peter obi, so whatever you are going through, just thank God for Tinubu
oboi see people oo na human being be this abi na cow de type this trash

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Fattprince23: 9:51am On Mar 18
Olabode211:
omo na ur area be that oo.if you get yale bread #300 and beans 200 with pure water #100 it is okay.you don't need to satisfy this period na.
My combo for the past one month. I'm surprised how I haven't grown tired of the food unlike when I was in school. It's what I'm eating this morning sef
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Nmeri17: 5:45pm On Mar 18
pansophist:

What I proposed was implied.

That in a bid to protest and be a moral judge of the corruption of the political class, it is imperative to self-reflect, and not be the exact thing we hate in others.

On the individual level, a lot of these protesters are not good people to their families, friends, employees, neighbors, etc. The golden rule (to treat others how you want to be treated) is not reserved only for the ruling class, but for everyone.

So no, returning to colonial rule is not even in the list of options. But doing right, matching our actions with words, its the way out.

We obviously cannot do anything right. If we could, we would have, for once in the past 64 years. My question was from a realistic /pragmatic perspective, not fantasies such as us miraculously being less hypocritical. We have both established that we are inherently bad people. There are two possible outcomes out of such event:

1) substitute us All with "x"
2) revert to the last working condition (explains my colonial suggestion)

Unfortunately, the west has devised another way to benefit from us, without the annex overhead–thanks to our dumb leaders (the leaders are no more guiltier than the people, in general)

Option 2 is most obvious but implausible, which was why I requested other options (ostensibly, under "x"wink. So, will you be so kind to oblige me with favorable, realistic options that can fit this situation?
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by pansophist(m): 5:13pm On Mar 19
Nmeri17:

We obviously cannot do anything right. If we could, we would have, for once in the past 64 years. My question was from a realistic /pragmatic perspective, not fantasies such as us miraculously being less hypocritical. We have both established that we are inherently bad people. There are two possible outcomes out of such event:

1) substitute us All with "x"
2) revert to the last working condition (explains my colonial suggestion)

Unfortunately, the west has devised another way to benefit from us, without the annex overhead–thanks to our dumb leaders (the leaders are no more guiltier than the people, in general)

Option 2 is most obvious but implausible, which was why I requested other options (ostensibly, under "x"wink. So, will you be so kind to oblige me with favorable, realistic options that can fit this situation?

The third option.

Ditch off the imposed political system by the colonial masters and explore what works for us. The leadership of the whole is the most important segment of any people/society. China is very prosperous right now, but if they substitute their political system with our cesspit democracy, then they will be as dysfunctional as us.

This is my x.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Nmeri17: 6:38am On Mar 28
pansophist:

The third option.

Ditch off the imposed political system by the colonial masters and explore what works for us. The leadership of the whole is the most important segment of any people/society. China is very prosperous right now, but if they substitute their political system with our cesspit democracy, then they will be as dysfunctional as us.

This is my x.

This is what I originally asked you. What exactly, not beating around the bush or speaking in vague terms. What exactly works for us? Be explicit and direct. It's OK to say you don't know, if you don't

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Hauwa Atiku-Uwais: Atiku Donated Land, Office To Me – Daughter (Photos) / Soludo Defeats Andy Uba And Ozigbo In Their LGAs - Premium Times / Femi Fani-Kayode Daughter's White Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.