Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,352 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. (37102 Views)

Economic Hardship: Nigerians Return To Charcoal Stoves, Firewood / Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / PVC Collectors Protest Perceived Intimidation And Frustration By INEC In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by AfonjaConehead: 10:03pm On Mar 01
As usual, abomination coneheads are coming to tag ipob

7 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Meti99(m): 10:05pm On Mar 01
Let government control prices of
1. Petrol
2. Cement
3. Rice
Every other thing will fall in place walahi

10 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:06pm On Mar 01
Seezion:
Nigeria is already known as one of the poorest countries in the world but i believe the duty of governments of the country (if they are sincere to themselves) is to work to change the status and not to make policies that deepened the poverty situation.

Whether anybody likes it or not, the policies taken by this government which is responsible for the hardship Nigerians are currently going through would only render more Nigerians poor and poorer.

In a country where unemployment/underemployment is so high, people are struggling to even feed and survive. A very good example is myself. I am underemployed, that is to say my salary is poor and nothing to write home about. Not as though i'm happy about this as i am still looking for better opportunities.

Of truth, only N600 was left with me yesterday. I couldn't afford to have dinner and so i slept empty stomach that yesterday. There's this woman selling bread near a bakery along the road i pass to work. Her price is considered the cheapest, so many people buy from her. My plan was to use the N600 to buy bread from there, which i can manage throughout the day or even till tomorrow, hopefully miracle can happen and another money enters my hand.

As i went there this morning, the N600 bread is now N800. No surprise about that at all, knowing the country we are living in today. This spoilt the plan and i was confused, disturbed and broken down. I stood there for over 5 mins hopelessly, with hunger and anger in me.

That small time, one elderly woman in the shop was sobbing. I later realized she started crying after she couldn't afford the current price of rice. Another guy came and asked for a pack of indomie and was told N1000. He sighed bitterly and left. Then i saw another two guys who came to the shop, joined their money together (400+400) and bought the N800 bread and divided it into two, for each.

That was a nice decision though even though it would reduce the quantity, but as i didnt see someone to join too, i left the place to work without buying the bread.

Any alternatives for me?

There's absolutely no alternative for since everything is on the high side. I could have opted for rice and beans, but i wont know when i will start crying after mamaput has dished the quantity for me. Surely it will be small. So i decided not to go near there. What about Garri and soup? I dont know for everywhere but i can tell you, there's mow where i could find a plate of Garri and soup for N600. Even if there is, i would still cry over the quantity. What about noodles that used to do 'rescue mission'? Well, i just told you a pack is now N1000, when i had only N600 with me. What of biscuit? I refused to "waste" my last money on something that would not last me the next 1 hour after i have eaten. Akara? Have you seen the sizes of Akara in recent? N100 own looks very small, so i still decided not to buy.

At the end, all options failed. Till this minute, nothing has entered my stomach and i'm still holding tight to my N600. Yes i am hungry and weak but the N600 must be for something that can keep me for a while, hopefully another money would come my way before i am hungry again.

Sadly, my in quote "salary" is still far, till Thursday next week, but i have to survive however it is.

It's a very tough time for most of us Nigerians right now.

Lastly, government should know that
most Nigerians are not asking for luxury, just basic things made affordable for survival and food is obviously not affordable to many Nigerians today. Please government should do something about food crisis in the country.

May God help us, the common citizens.

Send your account number lemme bless you. Just trying to help nothing more

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Aliou007(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01
Drop your account number please. I & some others can help you with something, no matter how little. We'll overcome these times by God's grace. Drop aza bro.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by pansophist(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01
Who will bell the cat?

Pick ten out of those protesters, put them in one government post, and allocate funds to them, to take care of their community and soften the hardship.

You will see that they might turn out to be worse than the leaders they complain about. Coming out to protest is easy, any idiot can do that, but to reflect and make sure you are not a participant in the rot is a hard job, and many won't do it.

Whatever.

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by AfonjaConehead: 10:10pm On Mar 01
GentleLaw:
A pack of indomie is N800 in my area. Well, who knows if I would hear a different price by the time I go back.

Truly may God help us.
You guys should always endeavour to specify...which indomie,hungry man or superPack?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by frankmoney(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01
Seezion:

Just hold at least 1k when next you are going.
got it for 650 this morning , some of this retailers are just increasing price on their own

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Olabode211: 10:12pm On Mar 01
omo na ur area be that oo.if you get yale bread #300 and beans 200 with pure water #100 it is okay.you don't need to satisfy this period na.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by ADSP116(m): 10:12pm On Mar 01
Person whey alarm they blow no they select now
Seezion:

Just me. I believe there's something I like which you may not like.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Major7: 10:12pm On Mar 01
macklef:

I should still have 1k to spare in my account. It can do sth I guess. Drop aza

May God bless you generously wink

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Lovelyn451(f): 10:12pm On Mar 01
It would've been worse with Peter obi, so whatever you are going through, just thank God for Tinubu

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by ChristineC: 10:12pm On Mar 01
Terrible Terrible Terrible.
People scrambling for food in a country so blessed.
Nigerian leaders have a special place in Satan's abode.

10 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Intergrated: 10:13pm On Mar 01
Adewale1603:
Just the necessary basic things of life and basic standard of living are all what just Nigerians are asking. We're not asking for luxuries, not to build houses, buy cars, clothes and shoes but just the basic necessity of life, which is to have a means of livelihood, basic job, food and shelter to survive.
and light oo. Ordinary light and this demons in government travels overseas and enjoy uninterrupted light.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Intergrated: 10:14pm On Mar 01
Lovelyn451:
It would've been worse with Peter obi, so whatever you are going through, just thank God for Tinubu
lol devil real zombie devil

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Tealcrestmedia(m): 10:14pm On Mar 01
Seezion:
Nigeria is already known as one of the poorest countries in the world but i believe the duty of governments of the country (if they are sincere to themselves) is to work to change the status and not to make policies that deepened the poverty situation.

Whether anybody likes it or not, the policies taken by this government which is responsible for the hardship Nigerians are currently going through would only render more Nigerians poor and poorer.

In a country where unemployment/underemployment is so high, people are struggling to even feed and survive. A very good example is myself. I am underemployed, that is to say my salary is poor and nothing to write home about. Not as though i'm happy about this as i am still looking for better opportunities.

Of truth, only N600 was left with me yesterday. I couldn't afford to have dinner and so i slept empty stomach that yesterday. There's this woman selling bread near a bakery along the road i pass to work. Her price is considered the cheapest, so many people buy from her. My plan was to use the N600 to buy bread from there, which i can manage throughout the day or even till tomorrow, hopefully miracle can happen and another money enters my hand.

As i went there this morning, the N600 bread is now N800. No surprise about that at all, knowing the country we are living in today. This spoilt the plan and i was confused, disturbed and broken down. I stood there for over 5 mins hopelessly, with hunger and anger in me.

That small time, one elderly woman in the shop was sobbing. I later realized she started crying after she couldn't afford the current price of rice. Another guy came and asked for a pack of indomie and was told N1000. He sighed bitterly and left. Then i saw another two guys who came to the shop, joined their money together (400+400) and bought the N800 bread and divided it into two, for each.

That was a nice decision though even though it would reduce the quantity, but as i didnt see someone to join too, i left the place to work without buying the bread.

Any alternatives for me?

There's absolutely no alternative for since everything is on the high side. I could have opted for rice and beans, but i wont know when i will start crying after mamaput has dished the quantity for me. Surely it will be small. So i decided not to go near there. What about Garri and soup? I dont know for everywhere but i can tell you, there's mow where i could find a plate of Garri and soup for N600. Even if there is, i would still cry over the quantity. What about noodles that used to do 'rescue mission'? Well, i just told you a pack is now N1000, when i had only N600 with me. What of biscuit? I refused to "waste" my last money on something that would not last me the next 1 hour after i have eaten. Akara? Have you seen the sizes of Akara in recent? N100 own looks very small, so i still decided not to buy.

At the end, all options failed. Till this minute, nothing has entered my stomach and i'm still holding tight to my N600. Yes i am hungry and weak but the N600 must be for something that can keep me for a while, hopefully another money would come my way before i am hungry again.

Sadly, my in quote "salary" is still far, till Thursday next week, but i have to survive however it is.

most Nigerians are not asking for luxury, just basic things made affordable for survival and food is obviously not affordable to many Nigerians today. Please government should do something about food crisis in the country.

Send me your account.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by odenkirk: 10:15pm On Mar 01
i still buy 200 naira rice and beans here in kano
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Suntemi(m): 10:15pm On Mar 01
Seezion, everyone is already asking for your account number. Abi your data don finish? Be fast about it.

8 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by odenkirk: 10:16pm On Mar 01
Tealcrestmedia:

Send me your account.
God bless you, people are going through a lots

7 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by AfonjaConehead: 10:16pm On Mar 01
Seezion:

Any alternatives for me?

Try and be buying potatoes,fresh ones.
#500 gets you a good bunch. Try get extra money,buy some oil pepper tomatoes and onion. Fry the potatoes and make stew..it will satisfy you very well.

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by NothingDoMe: 10:18pm On Mar 01
Adewale1603:
Just the necessary basic things of life and basic standard of living are all what just Nigerians are asking. We're not asking for luxuries, not to build houses, buy cars, clothes and shoes but just the basic necessity of life, which is to have a means of livelihood, basic job, food and shelter to survive.
That's why you could stay in a small house or room abroad but you won't really mind because of the social amenities available to you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Kingrshd3: 10:18pm On Mar 01
The bolded is very wrong ..

What about thiefObi, Tinubu and thiefatiku. Are they no rich and have d wealth of another man's country?

So using the word protest meaning Somalia is better.than Nigeria 😒😒😭😭

Seezion:

Any alternatives for me?

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by odenkirk: 10:18pm On Mar 01
ypu guys should help me too i have been on one square meal for morethan a week. 8163623337 opay
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:19pm On Mar 01
No comment

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Dickcap: 10:19pm On Mar 01
Draslo:
I've never met any Yorba person that enjoys that tasteless okpa. Offering it to OP is demonic

See me here.
I can give my whole life to any lady that offer me okpa with chill coke

11 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by KanuSE: 10:20pm On Mar 01
Seezion:

Any alternatives for me?

Have you guys finished spending the money y'all got from selling your votes to politicians criminals?

I thought that would last for 4yrs! undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by buttlover(m): 10:20pm On Mar 01
Lol tinubu supporters will shun you and call you a wailer.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by KanuSE: 10:22pm On Mar 01
Dickcap:

See me here.
I can give my whole life to any lady that offer me okpa with chill coke

What does okpa taste like?
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by ImoleNaija: 10:22pm On Mar 01
Draslo:
I've never met any Yorba person that enjoys that tasteless okpa. Offering it to OP is demonic

What's the okpa made of? It looks like moi-moi and I never tasted it.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by money121(m): 10:22pm On Mar 01
KanuSE:

Have you guys finished spending the money y'all got from selling your votes to politicians criminals?

I thought that would last for 4yrs! undecided
If you didn't av anything reasonable to type
Try to shout up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by KanuSE: 10:24pm On Mar 01
odenkirk:
ypu guys should help me too i have been on one square meal for morethan a week. 8163623337 opay

I thought that would last for 4yrs!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Kingrshd3: 10:24pm On Mar 01
Lovelyn451:
God bless you awesomely πŸ’‹

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by gratiaeo(m): 10:24pm On Mar 01
Lovelyn451:
Who is this Animal

32 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ibrahim Bida Fails National Anthem Test / Police Arraign Whistle-Blower Over False Information On Ekweremadu's House / Emefiele Hosts Lavish 60th Birthday Party In Jamaica - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.