Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. (1629 Views)

Anambra Widow Sleeps Outside After She Was Thrown Out Of Her Home By Relatives / Nigerian Lady Gets A Job After Asking Her Late Sister For Help In A Dream / Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Dalohad: 8:35pm On Mar 01
" I'm Victoria Ugoji from Sierra Leone. My late father Philip Ugoji fled the Biafra war in Nigeria and moved to Sierra Leone with his uncle when he was only 11years old. His uncle who brought him to Sierra Leone, later became a lecturer at the Fouray Bay college, university of Sierra Leone.

His uncle returned to Nigeria after the war but left my dad behind. He married my mum and they gave birth to two of us, myself and my brother Victor. My dad unfortunately died when I was only 14years old. My mum did not know much about him so I couldn't get more information about his family in Nigeria.

The only information I got from Nigeria is a post code of the school he attended as he used to send letters to his brother. Some names of his siblings were Rowland and Ebere Ugoji.

I will really Appreciate if you can help me find my dad's family as I know no one from my paternal side. Thank you and God bless you.

Please help me. Below is my late father's picture"

Copied As received in my DM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Ogiame: 8:41pm On Mar 01
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by swagana: 8:43pm On Mar 01
Ihe ukwu mere Igbo.Chai!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by immortalcrown(m): 8:44pm On Mar 01
Chai! May you locate your home.

8 Likes

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Babangidapikin: 8:44pm On Mar 01
Seun oya let test the efficacy of nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Okoroawusa: 8:55pm On Mar 01
How an Igbo man go go Sierra Leone e no come back even for once? Are there no Nigerians living with him in Sierra Leone?

Abeg make una gerrout with this fake story
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Dalohad: 9:02pm On Mar 01
Okoroawusa:
How an Igbo man go go Sierra Leone e no come back even for once? Are there no Nigerians living with him in Sierra Leone?

Awon omo Thomas ti de. Elenu bi fila Egungun Eyo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Dalohad: 9:03pm On Mar 01
Okoroawusa:

Person wey dem carry go SL around 11 years. No be there go be him home?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Chimarto: 9:06pm On Mar 01
How do we even narrow this down a state?
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by obiekunie01: 9:15pm On Mar 01
if only she can show us the post code and the name of the school he attended, her relations will be located in few weeks.

7 Likes

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by JulianBond007: 9:17pm On Mar 01
Okoroawusa:

you obviously didn't read the story before commenting. How do you know it's a fake story?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by LadyExcellency: 9:40pm On Mar 01
obiekunie01:
If only she could show us the postcode and the name of the school he attended, her relations would be located in a few weeks.

You said my mind.

Post the code, and you will be coming home in a few days.

1 Like

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by LadyExcellency: 9:42pm On Mar 01
JulianBond007:
you obviously didn't read the story before commenting. How do you know it's a fake story?

The guy hates everything Igbo with his last blood.

I suspect he is egift or Cleverly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by mbaise1000: 10:38pm On Mar 01
The code and the school please
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Rahkman: 11:18pm On Mar 01
Okoroawusa:

empty brain dumb fùck

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Cassandraloius: 12:12am On Mar 02
shocked
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:23am On Mar 02
swagana:
Ihe ukwu mere Igbo.Chai!

They won't understand.

The destruction of Nigeria is a task that must be done!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Yankee101: 3:07am On Mar 02
What’s the name of the school?
His family home should be close to the school most likely
If you know the state and town you should be able to find his family
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by stonemasonn: 4:47am On Mar 02
AlfaSeltzer:

They won't understand.

Along with your destruction.
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Cantonese: 4:51am On Mar 02
Facebook, Twitter, all social media will make it easy for her to locate them very soon.

1 Like

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Whalis: 5:56am On Mar 02
Go to that school his uncle taught. If you have the data of his uncle you are closer to raveling where your dad came from.

3 Likes

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by swagana: 7:56am On Mar 02
AlfaSeltzer:

They won't understand.

You meant to say destruction of Nigeria state?That should be the appropriate word.
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Okoroawusa: 8:10am On Mar 02
Dalohad:

Person wey dem carry go SL around 11 years. No be there go be him home?
Even if he went there as a toddler his uncle would have told him where he was from. At least there is an Igbo community in Sierra Leone are you telling me that a man bearing Ugoji wouldn't identify with them?

All I am saying is that the story doesn't add up for an Igbo man. It's not in our character to behave that way.
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Okoroawusa: 8:13am On Mar 02
LadyExcellency:

The guy hates everything Igbo with his last blood.

I suspect he is egift or Cleverly.
Nne or nna your hate for me made you blind to the point I am making. Mana jisieike. I have nothing against you. This is an anonymous forum.
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Dalohad: 10:40am On Mar 02
Okoroawusa:

Even if he went there as a toddler his uncle would have told him where he was from. At least there is an Igbo community in Sierra Leone are you telling me that a man bearing Ugoji wouldn't identify with them?

All I am saying is that the story doesn't add up for an Igbo man. It's not in our character to behave that way.

Are you an Igbo man?
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by foxxydude: 11:02am On Mar 02
She has been connected to her family in Nigeria.
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by jmoore(m): 1:42pm On Mar 02
Insufficient info. The picture can't even help you. Those that may recognize the picture are in their 70's. They are not online and memory loss associated with older people reduces their chances of recognition.

1 Like

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by Okoroawusa: 1:48pm On Mar 02
Dalohad:

Are you an Igbo man?
A very proud one at that
Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by henrimoto(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02
Whalis:
Go to that school his uncle taught. If you have the data of his uncle you are closer to raveling where your dad came from.
another easy way to trace his root.

What are the full names of the father's uncle that taught in university of sierra Leone, what year ? ( He can get this info from the university's history page).

Go on social media with the infos.

Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. by mytime24(f): 2:40pm On Mar 02
Make I enter prayer 🙏

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is 6months Enough? / Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? / Nl Mothers, Pls Help My Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.