Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? (16206 Views)

How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by MartinsD12(m): 9:41am On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
Our security on 30k survives and even manages to save after sending to parents in village!

Lagos!

Though he dey see some other cuts here and there sha!
30k is 1k on feeding daily which is not even enough, it's from the other cuts he saves not that 30k

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by blowjohn(m): 9:43am On Mar 03
How u want come take buy bag of rice?

Abi u go pay for the rice installmentally?

E no better to open POS?
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by AntiChristian: 9:45am On Mar 03
MartinsD12:

30k is 1k on feeding daily which is not even enough, it's from the other cuts he saves not that 30k

Sometimes he cooks and at other times he buys food!

As soon as he collects money he buys foodstuffs and cooking gas!
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by buttlover(m): 9:46am On Mar 03
Ph is so expensive that 2 udara is sold 100 naira. One orange is 50 naira. A plate of swallow is 800 to 1k
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Jessez: 9:52am On Mar 03
Chigozie321:
PH is probably the most expensive state in Nigeria. Don't move there. You've been warned.

Lagos is the most expensive

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Raxxye(m): 9:59am On Mar 03
If you are single, have free accommodation and won't be spending money on transportation, willl restrict your eating to not more than once a day, then you can manage it. Else, my brother, think again!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Sucre6: 10:01am On Mar 03
Adjustment is all you need to do, spend money on things only when they are your primary needs,
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Nteogwuija(m): 10:08am On Mar 03
Chigozie321:
PH is probably the most expensive state in Nigeria. Don't move there. You've been warned.

It's good u used probably, because I know there are state capitals with higher cost of living than Port Harcourt. You can still find a decent 1 bedroom flat in Port Harcourt for 400k with water and dining and a place to park ur car in PH. Just avoid all these new houses because they were built with high cost building materials. The least you'd find for these ones is 500k if you're lucky.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by femi4: 10:16am On Mar 03
TotoIsGud4boy:
Why can’t you improve your skills and improve your earning options? Must you be a slave forever?
He will still need need money to improve his skills

2. His present skill might be underpaid

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Adewale1603(m): 10:20am On Mar 03
You sef called am "allawe". 60k ain't worthy to be called a salary
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by boom99(m): 10:27am On Mar 03
TotoIsGud4boy:
Why can’t you improve your skills and improve your earning options? Must you be a slave forever?

Please give suggestion on what one can do to improve
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Coconunu(m): 10:29am On Mar 03
60k will serve u in pH , if u are not a glutton
All u need to do is to discipline urself
That's all
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by donleo92(m): 10:31am On Mar 03
if your accomodations is taken care of then no need
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Kenmatt(m): 10:36am On Mar 03
Hello OP, if your Company ha provided an accommodation for you, which is paramount, it's no big deal.

However, you also need to put into consideration your transport fare on the course of going and returning from work.

Truthfully, 60k is not too poor to survive with in PH, disregard most of these online "Mr know all".

There are many guys who teach in Private school and they collect 50k, some less than that.

However, the people that are discouraging you not to come as if PH is NY, ask them how much they are earning where ever they are.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Kornfusedman: 10:42am On Mar 03
You can make extra money in phc if the job gives you time. Just figure out a side hustle and it will pay you more than those cost effective cities
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by atoo900: 10:44am On Mar 03
Freelancerr:

60k sala, for this Tinubu economy?
Well question I'll ask us are you married or single?
Do you have relatives you send money to every month?

Answer these questions first then I'll reply you on my next comment.

Anyways.
I teach people how to read their cheating partner WhatsApp messages directly on your phone.

Check my number on my signature and WhatsApp me.
But hold #1500 cos no be free
Ani...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by kingspark72(m): 10:45am On Mar 03
Guy it depends the nature of the job. Some people are been payed 30k per month but before the month runs out they make the salary times 5. So use your head
Because I'm saying it with experience.
I myself my monthly pay is 40k but before the week runs out I'm sure of the 50k after expenses and feeding

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Chicagograduate(m): 10:47am On Mar 03
What about 30k and below minimum wage workers in that state and others?
Most of the oppression we as Nigerians endure from our politicians cannot be endured in developed countries by their citizens.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Chicagograduate(m): 10:47am On Mar 03
kingspark72:
Guy it depends the nature of the job. Some people are been payed 30k per month but before the month runs out they make the salary times 5. So use your head
Because I'm saying it with experience.
I myself my monthly pay is 40k but before the week runs out I'm sure of the 50k after expenses and feeding
How do they make it times 5 if not the corruption we called'Side hustle?
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Chicagograduate(m): 10:50am On Mar 03
Coconunu:
60k will serve u in pH , if u are not a glutton
All u need to do is to discipline urself
That's all
Avoid beer parlour and olosho you mean.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by erospecial: 10:54am On Mar 03
Life isn't easy!!!
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Rumundele(m): 11:00am On Mar 03
60k is for 1 week expenses in PH, which means no saving, buying cloths.
You can come and manage and put your eyes down for better job, starting opportunity.
60k cannot take you anywhere in PH
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by davirossi(m): 11:04am On Mar 03
Save 25k every month
Spend 20k on transportation
Feed with 15k monthly (call people from the village to send you food stuff like garri and yam)

25*12=300,000

Them send 150k back home to invest in farming so you can tackle your food problem that is produce garri, yam, pepper and okra the produce can carry you for 9months

Then use the remaining 150k to buy bag of rice and 3carton of tomato and other things then the following year you start saving more because you have tackle the food problem

You can dm me let’s talk then I can guide you properly on how to manage and plan because las las no excuse in life

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Consula: 11:05am On Mar 03
valETA1:
I'm at a crossroad towards making a decision of either staying back or moving to PH.

I've jst been transferred, bt the truth is, where I'm currently at, my 60k salary is well manageable.

Though, I dont have problems adapting to most of the cities I've been to, and will also love to move down there. But owning to the present economic situation, is it worth I move ? Is it a trap ?.

Aside accommodation which my company has, Can I take care of myself in PH with my 60k allawee ?

PH based please, I need ur opinions, as I still have option to decline, as such, your views will be of much help at this time.

I think the first question would be; Where in PH?
* Where is your office located in PH in contrast to the company owned accommodation?
** Is there a company shuttle from the accommodation to the office?
*** How many days a week do you have to work / be in the office?
** **Will you be allowed to cook in the accommodation / or does the company have an in-service kitchen?

These will help you get informed responses.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Freelancerr(m): 11:07am On Mar 03
atoo900:

Ani*mal

What's your message supposed to mean?

Why don't you go home and call the man who gave birth to you an an!mal
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Supersaiyanlord: 11:13am On Mar 03
valETA1:
I'm at a crossroad towards making a decision of either staying back or moving to PH.

I've jst been transferred, bt the truth is, where I'm currently at, my 60k salary is well manageable.

Though, I dont have problems adapting to most of the cities I've been to, and will also love to move down there. But owning to the present economic situation, is it worth I move ? Is it a trap ?.

Aside accommodation which my company has, Can I take care of myself in PH with my 60k allawee ?

PH based please, I need ur opinions, as I still have option to decline, as such, your views will be of much help at this time.
People survive with less in ph but very hard...60k will go no where bro.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Johnchrix(m): 11:34am On Mar 03
Supersaiyanlord:

People survive with less in ph but very hard...60k will go no where bro.

60k is like 25k. You will only feed and nothing else
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Oju4190: 11:34am On Mar 03
If u are a female u can cope

But if u are a male u will suffer

Hope u feel me

If u know u know
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by kentycom(m): 11:38am On Mar 03
Do what your mind is telling you, and what your spirit is instructing, anything against that you are on your own.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Trybes(m): 11:39am On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
Our security on 30k survives and even manages to save after sending to parents in village!

Lagos!

Though he dey see some other cuts here and there sha!
That cuts here and there he dey see could amount to more than 200k in a month. Ok!
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by dangoteinlaw: 11:39am On Mar 03
Living in Portarcourt with a 60k salary would be a suicide attempt.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by PepeXKermit: 11:40am On Mar 03
valETA1:

People are still earning 60k in this Nigeria? Damn cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Pros And Cons Of Becoming A Lawyer / FG Develops Three Retirement Schemes For Federal Civil Servants (names) / Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.