Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? (16172 Views)

How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Skillsnigeria: 11:52am On Mar 03
Hmmm
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by BlackyOne: 11:52am On Mar 03
Only food in Ibadan collects more than 60k per month and it's just I and my GF shocked

How do you people manage the cost of food Biko,
We have even reduced how we eat but the cost is still huge for me embarassed
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Abagworo(m): 11:52am On Mar 03
valETA1:
I'm at a crossroad towards making a decision of either staying back or moving to PH.

I've jst been transferred, bt the truth is, where I'm currently at, my 60k salary is well manageable.

Though, I dont have problems adapting to most of the cities I've been to, and will also love to move down there. But owning to the present economic situation, is it worth I move ? Is it a trap ?.

Aside accommodation which my company has, Can I take care of myself in PH with my 60k allawee ?

PH based please, I need ur opinions, as I still have option to decline, as such, your views will be of much help at this time.

Yes you can as long as you are single, cook your own meal and do not pay for transportation and electricity bill.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Elidrisy20: 12:01pm On Mar 03
Just resign
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by betshopagent(m): 12:01pm On Mar 03
Na person wey never enter River State go dey hype other places talk say "dem cost ". Average local place in River State cost. Everything cost from food to Housing.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Gr8mind07(m): 12:06pm On Mar 03
If your accommodation is already taken care of , and I want to believe the accommodation is also close to your office, which means transportation cost is also out of it.

I will suggest you make the move. I stay in Port Harcourt and i can tell you that prices of commodities are not really outrageous like that compared to Lagos & other cities.You may not know the opportunities that city might expose you to.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by sageb: 12:12pm On Mar 03
valETA1:
I'm at a crossroad towards making a decision of either staying back or moving to PH.

I've jst been transferred, bt the truth is, where I'm currently at, my 60k salary is well manageable.

Though, I dont have problems adapting to most of the cities I've been to, and will also love to move down there. But owning to the present economic situation, is it worth I move ? Is it a trap ?.

Aside accommodation which my company has, Can I take care of myself in PH with my 60k allawee ?

PH based please, I need ur opinions, as I still have option to decline, as such, your views will be of much help at this time.

Things are quite expensive here in PH, nevertheless you can make it here. Your company have provided an accommodation, that's an advantage.
You did not state the place you are presently.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Ekpeitut: 12:13pm On Mar 03
This life ehn is different strokes for different folks.

Somebody else was complaining that he spends 60k weekly for fueling his car and generator.

I pray God gives us the creative ability to make wealth and support our families and friends in this trying tinubulation times.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Ebubu2: 12:14pm On Mar 03
fineboynl:
Not just rivers state. Any were in the South. Except you have to go extreme.

Like 2k feeding and other expenses daily .

Hope you know that 1k feed cannot go anywhere in a day? Don't even go near cooking. Cooking gas and food stuff na no go area. Even indomie right now 2k a day cannot cook that.

You would be better off buy takeaway from where they have many soup. Then you use the remaining soup at home to eat apku. Apku is cheaper than garri right now
You’re brutally honest. Buying take away to eat at home is cheaper than cooking your own food and using your own gas and eating them at home.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by betshopagent(m): 12:14pm On Mar 03
valETA1:

its totally useless. It would be a waste of time. Reject that offer by all means. Food and transport fares would make that 60k look like 12 k at the end of the month.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by sageb: 12:24pm On Mar 03
Chigozie321:
PH is probably the most expensive state in Nigeria. Don't move there. You've been warned.

Port Harcourt is not the most expensive city in Nigeria.
Lagos and Abuja is more expensive compared to PH.
I'm in PH, so it's first hand experience.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Sctests: 12:33pm On Mar 03
Ask them for a raise. PH is expensive.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by SSpeter(m): 12:40pm On Mar 03
Goodlady:
It don red!
Anyman earning N60K per month shouldn't marry o!
Don't infect ya unborn kids with poverty!
How many Nigerians earn 60k a month? How many ladies earn 60k monthly?
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by MartinsD12(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:

Sometimes he cooks and at other times he buys food!

As soon as he collects money he buys foodstuffs and cooking gas!
I understand that already 30k is not even enough with the price of food stuffs even the cooking gas will be filled up, the only thing here is buying food in bulk that's it and with the other cuts he gets that's how he survives it takes lots of discipline, we are not even talking of health expenses, if it's someone that has a good phone data alone can cost 5k or more
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by MrBroke(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03
60k na big money o. Me way na 15k be my salary how i wan do now with 3 kids and one on the way again. Not easy o grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Inception(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03
Freelancerr:

60k sala, for this Tinubu economy?
Well question I'll ask us are you married or single?
Do you have relatives you send money to every month?

Answer these questions first then I'll reply you on my next comment.

Anyways.
I teach people how to read their cheating partner WhatsApp messages directly on your phone.

Check my number on my signature and WhatsApp me.
But hold #1500 cos no be free

cry
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Goodlady(f): 1:12pm On Mar 03
SSpeter:
How many Nigerians earn 60k a month? How many ladies earn 60k monthly?
Don't ask me foolish questions!

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by SSpeter(m): 1:21pm On Mar 03
Goodlady:

Don't ask me foolish questions!
it is not a foolish question. When having a discourse you need to look at data available, for example, the median income in Nigeria is between $2 - $20 per day ( according to AFDB), that means that a salary of 50k is in the lower-middle income band. Is it too small? Definitely it is ...but obviously that is the reality. Having this basic knowledge will equip you with the right information to engage more intelligently.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Panda7(m): 1:28pm On Mar 03
Op and others never make the mistake of telling your employer that you are single, tell them you are married with kids, is 60k enough for children's feeding and school fees plus the relocation?
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Bakrabas: 1:48pm On Mar 03
This is what I've been using to augment my salary.

I thank God for life

I can teach whosoever want to learn but it's not free oooo

If you're within Abeokuta, Ibadan, Ode-omu or Ikorodu, I can teach you for Live Training one-on-one

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by OriginalCEO: 2:03pm On Mar 03
Lalami3232:

Oga if you know say you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
Well said

Trust women at your own risk. Trust a non-virgin at your own peril.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by OriginalCEO: 2:07pm On Mar 03
Ekpeitut:
This life ehn is different strokes for different folks.

Somebody else was complaining that he spends 60k weekly for fueling his car and generator.

I pray God gives us the creative ability to make wealth and support our families and friends in this trying tinubulation times.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by AntiChristian: 2:07pm On Mar 03
MartinsD12:

I understand that already 30k is not even enough with the price of food stuffs even the cooking gas will be filled up, the only thing here is buying food in bulk that's it and with the other cuts he gets that's how he survives it takes lots of discipline, we are not even talking of health expenses, if it's someone that has a good phone data alone can cost 5k or more

Na no data expenses!
And not much of health expenses and he gets health allowance! But in all he still gets less than 60k monthly yet manages in Lagos!
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by AntiChristian: 2:10pm On Mar 03
Trybes:

That cuts here and there he dey see could amount to more than 200k in a month. Ok!

No!

The cuts can't make his salary up to 60k monthly as asked in this thread!

Those who want to give too have inflated expenses to attend to!
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Coconunu(m): 2:27pm On Mar 03
Chicagograduate:
Avoid beer parlour and olosho you mean.
Yes

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by IbeOkehie: 2:27pm On Mar 03
PepeXKermit:

People are still earning 60k in this Nigeria? Damn cheesy

Less than 0.5% of Nigerians earn over 500K per month, including side hustle and whatever else.

It's really sad. At this point t the best bet is try hard to find an average paying job in a rural ares. Many small towns in Igboland have plenty of cheap or even free housing.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by valETA1(m): 2:37pm On Mar 03
AfahaAbia:
It's good your accommodation will be taken care of. But have about the transportation expenses from the house to work? Foodstuffs in Portharcourt from what I know is very expensive. 60k won't go very far there

I'll take k of that, though am told accommodation is not far from the company, all thanks to the company.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by valETA1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 03
Freelancerr:

60k sala, for this Tinubu economy?
Well question I'll ask us are you married or single?
Do you have relatives you send money to every month?

Answer these questions first then I'll reply you on my next comment.

Anyways.
I teach people how to read their cheating partner WhatsApp messages directly on your phone.

Check my number on my signature and WhatsApp me.
But hold #1500 cos no be free

First the movement will effect my upward salary review. That's a certainty.

Secondly sir, am single not married, though i have family back home, I'll say whatever I give home is solely on my willingness to, as such, not a dependent kind of family members.

Finally, after exploring jobs options before getting the current, I can say that, it's one of the best out there by this country standards for a fresh graduate.

Thanks for your concern sir.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by AfahaAbia(m): 2:58pm On Mar 03
MrBroke:
60k na big money o. Me way na 15k be my salary how i wan do now with 3 kids and one on the way again. Not easy o grin

You mean u earn that and still getting your wife pregnant. You need heavy deliverance!!!
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by galantjoe(m): 2:59pm On Mar 03
You can survive in PH provided that your accommodation has been taken care of. But what about transport. If there is no transport fare to work, I think it will be nicer.

However you have to refrain from night out, expensive lifestyle. You should be buying foodstuffs in bulk from oil market or other markets. Congratulations
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by PepeXKermit: 3:02pm On Mar 03
IbeOkehie:

Less than 0.5% of Nigerians earn over 500K per month, including side hustle and whatever else.

It's really sad. At this point t the best bet is try hard to find an average paying job in a rural ares. Many small towns in Igboland have plenty of cheap or even free housing.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Even if you are on Fiver 247, you will make more than 60knaira worth a month. 60k is 40 dollarss a month. That is wildddddddd.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? / 7 Smart Ways To Balance Your Personal Life And Work Life / 7 Pros And Cons Of Becoming A Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.