Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals (27746 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today / Yakubu Aiyegbeni: 'Gernot Rohr Is The Worst Coach In Nigeria History' / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Coolestguy2023: 3:35pm On Mar 03
Yakubu, the only group of people well known to be insultive without relenting are the Obi people. They are not tired of insulting people no matter how long. It is there trademark and that is what gives them life

4 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by danilho(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03
I have seen worse miss. Nigerians need to let go, it’s been over a decade.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by FinidiGeorge: 3:40pm On Mar 03
Sirmwill:
His village people were using 5g at that time 😁
Not only on him bro. It was on the entire Super Eagles cheesy grin Even Pastor Adeboye one time like that said they need prayers cheesy grin
what of the stup!d foul/kick from Kaita. Dem jux bunch of unfortunate team jare. Lars Lagerback tried for dem, but dem ill luck no gree make dem advance in that tournament.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by McCoy9067(m): 3:40pm On Mar 03
He no go better for him
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by donbenie(m): 3:44pm On Mar 03
ecolime:
What made the miss more painful for Nigerians was his reaction.

He was actually smiling lipsrsealed Like Wtf?

The least he could have done was to fake a sober look.
One could be having the worst moment of his life and still be having a smile..
Not all smiles are due to happiness..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by AbuAeesha: 3:44pm On Mar 03
zombieHUNTER:

legend how?..

every tom dick and harry is a legend?..

Yakubu Aiyegbeni is number 3 on the Top 10 Super Eagles all-time top scorers list

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by donbenie(m): 3:45pm On Mar 03
McCoy9067:
He no go better for him
It done already better for him..
The life he's been living is only possible in your wildest dreams..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by AZControversial(m): 3:46pm On Mar 03
undecided

They should free him jare....

Some top players in football have done something similar or worse.... the world didn't end.

One stup1d 1d1ot went as far as dragging his daughter into it.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Judolisco(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03
Omo big yak na comfirm Nigerian oh... After all dis years for UK baba accent no change one bit.....me Don forget dat level oh... I'm a Chelsea fan I've seen havertz, morata, timo werner miss a lot of free chances than dat and nobody killed them... It's now a normal thing in football

3 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Judolisco(m): 3:49pm On Mar 03
zombieHUNTER:

legend how?..

when u start dey watch football... Can u name 5 Nigerian strikers without mentioning Yakubu? Even in d epl can u name 5 top African strikers without mentioning Yakubu?

6 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Nyamiriflathed: 3:49pm On Mar 03
Of course. Even my grandma would have scored that goal against Korea.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Dsimmer: 3:49pm On Mar 03
Judolisco:
Omo big yak na comfirm Nigerian oh... After all dis years for UK baba accent no change one bit.....me Don forget dat level oh... I'm a Chelsea fan I've seen havertz, morata, timo werner miss a lot of free chances than dat and nobody killed them... It's now a normal thing in football

Most Nigerians are generally passionate about football. Imagine Some still going to his page to insult him till now. Lol.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Indispensable85(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03
And iwobi is crying. Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by zinaunreal(m): 3:52pm On Mar 03
What a useless miss. That type of miss if na another country them for don banish am. He is lucky they only banter him
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Usmanovic95(m): 3:53pm On Mar 03
Anyone still attacking him must be a sadist. 2010 world cup anger na him some people carry enter 2024 🙄.Wetin happen na?

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Sagacity3711(m): 3:54pm On Mar 03
Yakubu. You are not serious at all.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by tnerro1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 03
Mumu man, instead of you to beg for the heart break you caused that day, you still dey complain, u need correct 2 by 4 plank😡

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Emman08: 3:55pm On Mar 03
We go forgive but we can never forget that miss be South Korea.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by ecolime(m): 3:55pm On Mar 03
donbenie:
One could be having the worst moment of his life and still be having a smile..
Not all smiles are due to happiness..
Emotional intelligence ought to have made him fake a sober look.

If he can't fake it, he should have faced or lied flat on the ground. That would have cleared the mess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by superCleanworks(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03
christejames:
grin grin grin grin
Nigerians hardly forget, even though they easily forgive shocked

Nigerians easily forget that is why they are always quick to vote bad leaders again and again.
You will see how Nigerians will line up under the sun to vote Buhari again if he comes back for elections right now.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Maliqcious: 4:04pm On Mar 03
zombieHUNTER:

legend how?..

mr man Aiyenbeni is a legend

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by somtochukwu161: 4:05pm On Mar 03
[See wetin person say make we forget even Hom self fit forget am for in life....gbaya be still oooquote author=GistMedia0 post=128753958]In a recent interview, former Nigerian football star Yakubu Aiyegbeni has revealed that he continues to receive messages and criticisms from fans, years after his infamous miss during the 2010 FIFA World Cup match against South Korea.

The moment, etched into football history, occurred during Nigeria's crucial group stage game against South Korea. With the score tied at 2-2 and a spot in the knockout stages on the line, Aiyegbeni found himself with what seemed like an open goal opportunity. However, to the shock of fans worldwide, he missed the chance, leaving Nigeria unable to secure the much-needed victory.

Despite this moment happening over a decade ago, Aiyegbeni expressed his surprise at the ongoing messages he receives about the miss. "I still get messages from people, different messages," he stated in the interview. "It's surprising how that moment still sticks with people, even after all these years."

The striker, who had a successful career playing for clubs like Everton and Portsmouth in the English Premier League, admitted that the miss was a tough moment in his career. "Of course, it was a big moment, and I wish it had gone differently. But in football, you have highs and lows," he remarked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRulR5Os_qM[/quote]
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Shikena(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03
You are right. He was actually in shock at that moment but should have been smarter.

If he had dropped flat on the ground with some dramatic reaction the psychological effect on Nigerians would been totally different.

The area boys on my street would be like "Na juju confam. Even Yakubu himself couldn't believe it and wanted to commit suicide after the match".

ecolime:

If he can't fake it, he should have faced or lied flat on the ground. That would have cleared the mess.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by AncientAlien(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03
Dsimmer:
Lol grin

Nigerians are quite passionate about football generally. Brazilians are same with football too.

I wonder who still messaged him on his media page to insult him till now grin Dem no wan gree.

People remind him on every Instagram post he make. I have witnessed that in numbers of times.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by JooEeL(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03
Aiyegbeni also complains that he played crucial games and scored crucial goals in the qualifiers of Korea-Japan 2002, yet after all his efforts, he was dropped for the major tournament -- and worse, people forget that.

But instead, only his miss in 2010 seems to telescope his whole career which he deems unfair.

5 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Efilse: 4:05pm On Mar 03
ecolime:

One word for you: Dumb

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by ppogba: 4:06pm On Mar 03
Yakubu, if you are reading this, better you know that it will take like four generations to forgive and forget that miss.

Go and ask a certain GODWIN ODIYE. He will tell you.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by xjiggy: 4:06pm On Mar 03
Oga make una dey cool down. Nobody dey attack you. Even Iwobi wey underperform last month, we don free am. You wan join Mikel begin miss yarn now just to stay relevant
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by AncientAlien(m): 4:07pm On Mar 03
ecolime:
What made the miss more painful for Nigerians was his reaction.

He was actually smiling lipsrsealed Like Wtf?

The least he could have done was to fake a sober look.
Combined with that useless chewing gum he was chewing like a LovePeddler.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Dsimmer: 4:07pm On Mar 03
AncientAlien:

People remind him on every Instagram post he make. I have witnessed that in numbers of times.

He shouldn't also gree for them like Sadiq clapped back if they always come to his page to insult him till now over a football miss that happened over 14 years ago. Lol. It's not as if he stole anyone's money for some to be coming to his media page to still be insulting him. Lol.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Goalnaldo(m): 4:09pm On Mar 03
Most Nigerians forgave him but didn't forget. That miss is up there amongst the worst miss of the century

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Our Tactics Made Life Difficult For South Africa, Says Nigeria Coach Rohr / Lamine Diaby-fadiga Sacked By Nice After Stealing Team-Mate's Watch / Germany Vs Japan: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (1 - 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.