Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals (27675 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today / Yakubu Aiyegbeni: 'Gernot Rohr Is The Worst Coach In Nigeria History' / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Efilse: 4:09pm On Mar 03
McCoy9067:
He no go better for him

E don better for am already. All the money combine wey your generation don earn never reach he own

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Shikena(m): 4:09pm On Mar 03
Na that chewing gum vex people pass grin

AncientAlien:

Combined with that useless chewing gum he was chewing like a LovePeddler.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Efilse: 4:11pm On Mar 03
Nyamiriflathed:
Of course. Even my grandma would have scored that goal against Korea.
Na in your grandma no play for Super falcons

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by flatROCKhead: 4:11pm On Mar 03
christejames:
grin grin grin grin

Nigerians hardly forget, even though they easily forgive shocked
Not true..

Nigerians are cursed with forgetfulness. They only remember frivolous things..That's why the politicians play with their empty heads. The likes of Obi that failed miserably as governor in Anambra is still being called upon by some demented fellow from one side of the country claiming he is the best thing after sliced bread. Atiku who almost sold Aso rock also enjoys praises by Many cos it's in the past.. etc

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by ppogba: 4:12pm On Mar 03
Judolisco:
Omo big yak na comfirm Nigerian oh... After all dis years for UK baba accent no change one bit.....me Don forget dat level oh... I'm a Chelsea fan I've seen havertz, morata, timo werner miss a lot of free chances than dat and nobody killed them... It's now a normal thing in football

You must be one of those in love with fake accents.

If you leave Nigeria as a teenager and your accent changes, just know say na Mumu people you dey deceive with that accent.

No wonder the late Stephen Keshi pronounced Bournvita with 3 different accents in a single advert. ( Kindly contact the elderly ones if you do not know that advert).
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Jayhome24: 4:14pm On Mar 03
Nija no dey forget especially for football matter don't mess up if you mess up till you die nija no go ever forget the mess so Yaks I understand your situation...
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by loadman: 4:14pm On Mar 03
SMARTMOTORS:
My own na make we do enter 2027....dem no born YAKUBU well to near Inec office I support youagain!!
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Efilse: 4:15pm On Mar 03
franchasofficia:
lol he deserves it because if eventually I cross path with him, I will finish him off because anytime I remember that goal he missed, I feel like petitioning FIFA to force Aiyegbeni to refund all the money he ever earned as a footballer, WTF cheesy

Cross path with him? Finish him off? Yeye.
First go finish becoming somebody with your life then you if cross path with am. No be failures them they cross path with

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by donmik: 4:15pm On Mar 03
bigpriik:
how can someone miss this kind of chance check am now.

Brother, there are more to success than skill and hardwork o.

No matter how prepared you are for a contest, pray for good luck if you believe in God.

And if you don't believe in God, then you can go on wondering the how and how - not of that happening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by loadman: 4:15pm On Mar 03
Load manpost=128754644]My own na make we do enter 2027....dem no born YAKUBU well to near Inec office I support youagain!![/quote]
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Dpharisee: 4:17pm On Mar 03
Yakubu Aiyegbeni..

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by youngrichnigga: 4:17pm On Mar 03
Yakubu should thank God he did it while playing for Nigeria :if it were for a club, that would have been the end of his career especially in clubs who have racist fans. He subsequently redeemed himself in later matches cool cool cool cool
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Solidex(m): 4:17pm On Mar 03
I watch that match.
The painful part me was not even the miss.
What angered me was his attitude after he missed. He was seen laughing shipishly and also chewing gum.
A while striker, tipping the ball off a wide goal post haven beaten the defenders and keeper.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by udemzyudex(m): 4:18pm On Mar 03
Shadomaan7:
Wow, its amazing how one miss can still evoke such strong emotions and reactions from fans even after so many years. It shows the passion and love for the game.

Which kind passion be that?
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by enemyofprogress: 4:23pm On Mar 03
Not because you missed the goal, but the way you smiled after missing that opportunity. We and our unborn generators will never forgive you.

Some girls be like " Are you dating me cos of sex?" Noooo, he is dating you because of long life and prosperity πŸ™„πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by FireUpNow(m): 4:25pm On Mar 03
I am begging Yakubu Aiyegbeni to pls come back and score that goal again because I will never forget the agony he caused for missing that goal.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by rilChilz: 4:26pm On Mar 03
I don cee ronaldo miss pass dat one oo

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by maasoap(m): 4:27pm On Mar 03
SpecialAdviser:
Majority of the ignoramuses attacking this innocent man are the same people hailing failed politicians who put them in acute hunger. Magas

You still carry politics enter sport thread to wail. Attacking people you don't know and can't prove that they are hailing politicians. Mumu
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Omoawoke: 4:31pm On Mar 03
People are so stupid and immature.
The people that does this are mostly losers in life, for fvks sake, he lost a chance to score and so what! He is human and people have even done worse mistakes in life
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by BigYash: 4:33pm On Mar 03
E reach abeg.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by BigYash: 4:35pm On Mar 03
Solidex:
I watch that match.
The painful part me was not even the miss.
What angered me was his attitude after he missed. He was seen laughing shipishly and also chewing gum.
A while striker, tipping the ball off a wide goal post haven beaten the defenders and keeper.
God bless you. One idiot up there is calling people stupid and immature of acting the way they did. Was the player not stupid with the he don't care attitude?

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by dnawah(m): 4:40pm On Mar 03
GistMedia0:
In a recent interview, former Nigerian football star Yakubu Aiyegbeni has revealed that he continues to receive messages and criticisms from fans, years after his infamous miss during the 2010 FIFA World Cup match against South Korea.

The moment, etched into football history, occurred during Nigeria's crucial group stage game against South Korea. With the score tied at 2-2 and a spot in the knockout stages on the line, Aiyegbeni found himself with what seemed like an open goal opportunity. However, to the shock of fans worldwide, he missed the chance, leaving Nigeria unable to secure the much-needed victory.

Despite this moment happening over a decade ago, Aiyegbeni expressed his surprise at the ongoing messages he receives about the miss. "I still get messages from people, different messages," he stated in the interview. "It's surprising how that moment still sticks with people, even after all these years."

The striker, who had a successful career playing for clubs like Everton and Portsmouth in the English Premier League, admitted that the miss was a tough moment in his career. "Of course, it was a big moment, and I wish it had gone differently. But in football, you have highs and lows," he remarked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRulR5Os_qM
JB,even Bubu will not mix that goal.if him know how much I miss for bet, him for no come dey talk.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Patojargz: 4:44pm On Mar 03
My brr leave matter 4 pipo wey nor well... Person wey never attain your height nor suppose dey attack u. It's not easy brr
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Bakrabas: 4:45pm On Mar 03
GistMedia0:
In a recent interview, former Nigerian football star Yakubu Aiyegbeni has revealed that he continues to receive messages and criticisms from fans, years after his infamous miss during the 2010 FIFA World Cup match against South Korea.

The moment, etched into football history, occurred during Nigeria's crucial group stage game against South Korea. With the score tied at 2-2 and a spot in the knockout stages on the line, Aiyegbeni found himself with what seemed like an open goal opportunity. However, to the shock of fans worldwide, he missed the chance, leaving Nigeria unable to secure the much-needed victory.

Despite this moment happening over a decade ago, Aiyegbeni expressed his surprise at the ongoing messages he receives about the miss. "I still get messages from people, different messages," he stated in the interview. "It's surprising how that moment still sticks with people, even after all these years."

The striker, who had a successful career playing for clubs like Everton and Portsmouth in the English Premier League, admitted that the miss was a tough moment in his career. "Of course, it was a big moment, and I wish it had gone differently. But in football, you have highs and lows," he remarked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRulR5Os_qM

How do I explain to the next generation that Yak missed that empty net tap in goal
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by RickyJesus: 4:47pm On Mar 03
ecolime:
What made the miss more painful for Nigerians was his reaction.

He was actually smiling lipsrsealed Like Wtf?

The least he could have done was to fake a sober look.
The match was very painful.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by theamazonguru(m): 4:48pm On Mar 03
JealousCobra:

He need a wipe of USB cord on that his empty skull.
And don't forget to ensure that USB cord is ORAIMO make oh. So it will enter well well.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by VanuatuWycombe: 4:48pm On Mar 03
Na ako e wan take score the goal. That was why he missed it. He wanted to twist the ball back to the direction where the keeper was β€˜coming’ by twisting his ankle too much without being able to measure the angle of goal to either of the goalposts since he was looking down. So he lost control of the ball due to the force at which the ball was spinning.

He could have ruffled everything into the net like that, scored the goal firstly and later on do whatever ako he wanted to do.

Messi or Ronaldo will not miss 100/100 of such chances.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by CaptainZubi: 4:51pm On Mar 03
VanuatuWycombe:
Na ako e wan take score the goal. That was why he missed it. He wanted to twist the ball back to the direction where the keeper was β€˜coming’ by twisting his ankle too much without being able to measure the angle of goal to either of the goalposts since he was looking down. So he lost control of the ball due to the force at which the ball was spinning.

He could have ruffled everything into the net like that, scored the goal firstly and later on do whatever ako he wanted to do.

Messi or Ronaldo will not miss 100/100 of such chances.
Even Ronaldo don miss many chances similar to that

3 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Jonwesley(m): 4:52pm On Mar 03
adecz:

The annoying thing was that he
missed such a crucial goal & he was
smiling for missing.....😑😑😑

With chewing gum for that matter 😲😦😴😨

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by jericco1(m): 4:56pm On Mar 03
bigpriik:
how can someone miss this kind of chance even if na amputee ,you seff check am now?

grin
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Originalsly: 5:00pm On Mar 03
Dsimmer:
Lol grin

Nigerians are quite passionate about football generally. Brazilians are same with football too.

I wonder who still messaged him on his media page to insult him till now grin Dem no wan gree.

Hmmm ..... don't compare Nigerians with South Americans when it comes to being passionate about football. Even so .... why would he think his miss will be forgotten? ... and not talked about? ... everytime a goal is missed .... someone would be remembering him .... so why the surprise? He should think about if Nigerians were as passionate as South Americans and consider himself lucky to still be alive and can show his face.

Below.... a defender ... mistakenly scored an own goal .... then ten days after ......

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:01pm On Mar 03
Like saying a man should forget that his wife is ashawo doing DP with three different men, because she has been faithful to you in the past

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dalung Celebrates Super Eagles Win (Photos) / Camavinga Or Ndidi: Which Player Should Manchester United Sign? / Obasanjo, Ambode And Oshoala At The Aiteo CAF Awards (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.