Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals (27631 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today / Yakubu Aiyegbeni: 'Gernot Rohr Is The Worst Coach In Nigeria History' / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Judd007: 5:03pm On Mar 03
What about the one we all missed?
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Femeto: 5:06pm On Mar 03
I miss you like Yakubu. grin
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by WantsandMore: 5:22pm On Mar 03
Make fans rest, Harland just miss empty now too

4 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by 12345baba(m): 5:24pm On Mar 03
That miss has refused to leave my memory alone. As if na me miss the goal sef
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Bukola94: 5:25pm On Mar 03
SMARTMOTORS:
My own na make we do enter 2027....dem no born YAKUBU well to near Inec office again!!
LOL, empty damn net, Yak will be ban from football if he was from Israel and is leg may be amputated and is head or stomach maybe genocide with RPG
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by TrustNone: 5:26pm On Mar 03
Coolestguy2023:
Yakubu, the only group of people well known to be insultive without relenting are the Obi people. They are not tired of insulting people no matter how long. It is there trademark and that is what gives them life
fool
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by just4fun(m): 5:27pm On Mar 03
Even me sef I'm yet to forgive him for that kind miss !!!

U n open net n u no fit score ?
A so-called Professional
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by CluelessMODS: 5:27pm On Mar 03
McCoy9067:
He no go better for him
Look at this church rat! I am sure you weren't even born when that match was played.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Bukola94: 5:30pm On Mar 03
flatROCKhead:
Not true..

Nigerians are cursed with forgetfulness. They only remember frivolous things..That's why the politicians play with their empty heads. The likes of Obi that failed miserably as governor in Anambra is still being called upon by some demented fellow from one side of the country claiming he is the best thing after sliced bread. Atiku who almost sold Aso rock also enjoys praises by Many cos it's in the past.. etc
Some people even prefer Charles Soludo to Obi and Kwakaso to Atiku. If PDP LP produces them again and they won the primary, they might still loss, wisdom is so required...

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Bridget95(f): 5:31pm On Mar 03
I will slap you tomorrow if I had the opportunity ,see you alone reminds me of that miss. I wonder what your left leg was doing, was it a statue ?

That goal is still paining me.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by jonnayo(m): 5:35pm On Mar 03
I have forgiven you because Haaland just did the same now

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by mysticwarrior(m): 5:37pm On Mar 03
It was his reaction after he missed it that made it even worse, smiling and chewing gum after he broke the heart of 200 million Nigerians.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:39pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
cool

No talk am again!

People for keep stonning you for eternity!

But no be do or die!

Empty net o!

Looking at the pix,abeg where the ball come go? Cos every direction should show that Ball entering the net... Abi Na back pass him do?
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Parrot69: 5:44pm On Mar 03
adecz:

The annoying thing was that he
missed such a crucial goal & he was
smiling for missing.....😡😡😡
He was even chewing chewing gum sef.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by kitken: 5:47pm On Mar 03
... and he was a professional footballer ⚽️ then.
Him no well
I'll also tell my children the story.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by nairalanda1(m): 5:51pm On Mar 03
Remember Godwin Odiye?

One own goal...and we missed the 1978 world cup. Ten years later, his name was still on everyone's lips.

ANYTIME we missed a world cup from 1978 until we qualified in 1993 for USA 94, someone must mention his name, and how Nigeria missed Argentina 78 because of his silly mistake.

Forget that he was a decent player, forget that he was a key player for the 1980 Nations cup win, he cost us world cup...therefore...

If you want to know more ...here is a blog post on the matter

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Mrtaye: 5:51pm On Mar 03
Judolisco:
Omo big yak na comfirm Nigerian oh... After all dis years for UK baba accent no change one bit.....me Don forget dat level oh... I'm a Chelsea fan I've seen havertz, morata, timo werner miss a lot of free chances than dat and nobody killed them... It's now a normal thing in football
The difference is that national team level is. Different
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Judolisco(m): 5:56pm On Mar 03
Mrtaye:

The difference is that national team level is. Different
what's different about it... Have u not seen suarez, Messi, Ronaldo miss sitters for their national team.... Did they kill them... Oga move on
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Judolisco(m): 5:59pm On Mar 03
ppogba:

You must be one of those in love with fake accents.

If you leave Nigeria as a teenager and your accent changes, just know say na Mumu people you dey deceive with that accent.

No wonder the late Stephen Keshi pronounced Bournvita with 3 different accents in a single advert. ( Kindly contact the elderly ones if you do not know that advert).
baba no be only accent in dey talk about.... Listen to his general English..... A French player will move to epl and within a year or two they'll start speaking perfect English... But Yakubu wey Don dey England now for over 20 yrs still dey gbagaun
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Real2088: 6:01pm On Mar 03
Am sorry to tell you that this is reason you shouldn't miss heaven, because our people in Hell go still attack and e reach to attack grin
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Judolisco(m): 6:03pm On Mar 03
VanuatuWycombe:
Na ako e wan take score the goal. That was why he missed it. He wanted to twist the ball back to the direction where the keeper was ‘coming’ by twisting his ankle too much without being able to measure the angle of goal to either of the goalposts since he was looking down. So he lost control of the ball due to the force at which the ball was spinning.

He could have ruffled everything into the net like that, scored the goal firstly and later on do whatever ako he wanted to do.

Messi or Ronaldo will not miss 100/100 of such chances.
uno dey watch ball... Ronaldo don miss chances wey easy pass dat one sef
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by tfelicityk(m): 6:03pm On Mar 03
It is a natural thing in Nigeria. Some Nigerians believed in dwelling in the past. He should carry on with his life.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by EmekaBlue(m): 6:10pm On Mar 03
All the ones u scored nko

Forget Nigerians and blaming forever

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Crowntop94: 6:10pm On Mar 03
GistMedia0:
In a recent interview, former Nigerian football star Yakubu Aiyegbeni has revealed that he continues to receive messages and criticisms from fans, years after his infamous miss during the 2010 FIFA World Cup match against South Korea.

The moment, etched into football history, occurred during Nigeria's crucial group stage game against South Korea. With the score tied at 2-2 and a spot in the knockout stages on the line, Aiyegbeni found himself with what seemed like an open goal opportunity. However, to the shock of fans worldwide, he missed the chance, leaving Nigeria unable to secure the much-needed victory.

Despite this moment happening over a decade ago, Aiyegbeni expressed his surprise at the ongoing messages he receives about the miss. "I still get messages from people, different messages," he stated in the interview. "It's surprising how that moment still sticks with people, even after all these years."

The striker, who had a successful career playing for clubs like Everton and Portsmouth in the English Premier League, admitted that the miss was a tough moment in his career. "Of course, it was a big moment, and I wish it had gone differently. But in football, you have highs and lows," he remarked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRulR5Os_qM
You self see the kind goal you lose now if not bad luck... You supposed to have been sentence to life imprisonment.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by fredoooooo: 6:13pm On Mar 03
Werey frustrated people go still attack you we know .. no be Nigerians

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Illegal1(m): 6:14pm On Mar 03
bigpriik:
how can someone miss this kind of chance even if na amputee ,you seff check am now?

omoh.........even my grand mama slf no go miss dis goal
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Coolestguy2023: 6:18pm On Mar 03
TrustNone:
fool

That is the real defination of your mother
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Nlandmodesfku: 6:22pm On Mar 03
This man became so unpopular aftter that disastrous miss. He's talking about his other goals forgetting that, those no longer count after what he did. He should buried his head in shame
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by femi4: 6:23pm On Mar 03
christejames:
grin grin grin grin

Nigerians hardly forget, even though they easily forgive shocked
Even FIFA didn't forget....check their top 10 greatest missed in the world cup on their website

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by bolabadmus38: 6:24pm On Mar 03
Without defending Yakubu,it happens in football sometimes. Many world class footballers did same at some points in time in their careers,but showed remorse immediately. I think Ayegbeni was overwhelmed because he never believed it could happen. That's football for you. Those who have played football at different levels will understand better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by ppogba: 6:33pm On Mar 03
Judolisco:
baba no be only accent in dey talk about.... Listen to his general English..... A French player will move to epl and within a year or two they'll start speaking perfect English... But Yakubu wey Don dey England now for over 20 yrs still dey gbagaun

He must have inherited the gbagaun from Victor Ikpeba and Daniel Amokachie.
Amokachie, the originator of " the most strongest".

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Judolisco(m): 6:37pm On Mar 03
ppogba:

He must have inherited the gbagaun from Victor Ikpeba and Daniel Amokachie.
Amokachie, the originator of " the most strongest".
lol.... Dis man grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Anichebe Caught In Twitter 'Copy And Paste' / Enyimba Vs Warri Wolves: Federations Cup Final (5 - 4) On Pens - 15th Sept 2013 / Pastor Emmanuel Badu Kobi Euro 2021 Final Prediction Goes Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.