Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors (22123 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Writes British Commission, Asks For Consular Services / IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ / Sadiq Suleiman, Former Buharist Apologises And Asks For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Nemere2020: 9:17pm On Mar 03
President Bola Tinubu has asked Qatari captains of industry to report any Nigerian official who demands any form of bribe before allowing them to do business in the country.

He insisted that Nigeria would no longer be held back by its past dotted with bureaucratic bottlenecks and corruption that stifled the ease of doing business.

Do not offer a bribe to any of our people, and if it is requested or taken from you, report to us. You will have access to me,” Tinubu said at the Nigeria-Qatar Business and Investment Forum in Doha, on Sunday.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, revealed this in a statement he signed Sunday titled ‘President Tinubu to Qatari investors: Report to me of my officials who obstruct progress or ask for bribe; no deviation from path to prosperity.

Tinubu also assured the international business community that Nigeria is ready for serious business, as his administration will deal decisively with any entrenched interests in the country that undermine investor confidence in the Nigerian economy.

He also pledged to remove all bottlenecks standing in the way of profitable and legitimate enterprise, saying, “Do not let perceptions become a hindrance to your will to invest. Nigeria is serious about revolutionising investment promotion.”

The President told Qatari investors that Africa’s largest economy and its systems are being reformed and upgraded, asking Qatar businessmen to report any government official who demands a bribe or any form of inducement at any point in their business endeavour moving forward with full assurance of their direct access to him.

“I am here to give you the assurance that reforms are going on; forget about whatever you heard in the past.

“Whatever is the obstacle or problem that some of you might have experienced; it is in the past because there is no obstacle in the future,” he assured.

Tinubu also assured investors that their money would find easy mobility in and out of the economy.

“We are removing obstacles today, and we are going to continue to remove all obstacles.

“We have done so much within nine months. And I assure you, it is free entry, and free exit.

“Your funds will flow smoothly into and out of our country. Bring your investments,” the President stated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/report-any-official-demanding-bribe-from-you-tinubu-tells-qatari-investors/%3famp

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03
why? so you can ask for your share?!

157 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by GOFRONT(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03
Betty Edun will not ask for bribe.....

29 Likes

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Macdeey: 9:23pm On Mar 03
grin

Ahhh ! Oga JagaSleep ......

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by EyeCumInPiece: 9:33pm On Mar 03
This is laughable. 😂
Integrity and Honesty are alien to Tinubu.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:34pm On Mar 03
That's good, make everybody sit right.

I've noticed some family members in Nigeria do try to block their relatives who stay abroad from buying landed properties in Nigeria.

I understand you have to take preventive measures when buying properties not to fall victim.

But there is different between been careful and standing as obstacles.

This act is what I've came across on different occasions as an Estate Consultant.

Pure act of jealous.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by oyeb15: 9:34pm On Mar 03
They will even give u Oga number threatening you that he can't tell them not to collect bribe.

Those words are just his own. Eno pass beyond that building.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Sirmwill: 9:34pm On Mar 03
Fp
Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Spuggie: 9:34pm On Mar 03

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Pristine664: 9:35pm On Mar 03
May Tinubu succeed

May Nigeria succeed.

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Pristine664: 9:35pm On Mar 03
Spuggie:

Oga Tinubu, you are just a joke.
You never cease to amaze

That is someone that is desperate for results.

How is he a joke?

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by popweezy(m): 9:35pm On Mar 03
It shall never be well for girona cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Fcwilly: 9:35pm On Mar 03
Lies

2 Likes

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Kingray10: 9:35pm On Mar 03
Am I the only who sees this as a stupidity.
Why is he selling his country out as people who seeks bribery.

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Damian911: 9:36pm On Mar 03
cool
Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Nyamiriflathed: 9:36pm On Mar 03
Nice one Mr President lol

Nigerian officials are too corrupt especially those working in the civil service. That was how they chased Richard Branson's virgin Atlantic airline away with constant demand for bribe.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Bigframe: 9:36pm On Mar 03
Hmmm ok oo
Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by TGreatGatsby: 9:36pm On Mar 03
That's what he said[color=#006600][/color]

3 Likes

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by freemanq(m): 9:37pm On Mar 03
Hahahahaha
Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by iwaeda: 9:37pm On Mar 03

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Makunahatata: 9:37pm On Mar 03
Kingray10:
Am I the only who sees this as a stupidity
cos u are one of dose useless ppl wey dey collect bribe in ur line of wrk..u feel attacked 😜

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Didijiji: 9:37pm On Mar 03
cheesy

Baba ooooo

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by AntiChristian: 9:37pm On Mar 03
There's nothing Tinubu can do for some except to step down for Obi!

May Tinubu succeed!

May Nigeria succeed!

May those who love bad news be swallowed by the evil they so much love!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by ATEAMS: 9:38pm On Mar 03
Indeed

2 Likes

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by iCauseTrouble: 9:38pm On Mar 03
angry
Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Hezzyluv: 9:38pm On Mar 03
Washing dirty linen in the public. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by Gadafii: 9:38pm On Mar 03
Just listen to this monumental failure and disgrace 😂😂🤔

3 Likes

Re: Report To Me If Any Of My Officials Asks For Bribes - Tinubu To Qatari Investors by VinnyBaba: 9:38pm On Mar 03
undecided
This one will not come Home to Face the Gazelle Gagaraga HARDSHIP he has brought into Nigeria. sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Henry Okah Insists President Jonathan Masterminded Two Bomb Attacks / Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President / Aisha Buhari Speaks On Abductions Of School Girls, Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.