Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,281 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Naira Depreciates To N1,620/$ At Parallel Market - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates To N1,620/$ At Parallel Market (10627 Views)

Naira Depreciates To N1,305/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Depreciates To ₦‎1,300/$ In Official Market / Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,620/$ At Parallel Market by press9jatv: 12:20pm On Mar 05
Elsueno:

Abeg bros, dats too harsh nah...we all dey dis 9ja woh...me no want my neighbours & community to surfer. Even if it would get to 2k, it shouldn't be dis fast now
yes, with the high rate of inflation, it will increase further. They were clamping down on crypto currency’s wallets and apps, today, these crypto currency’s have been vindicated. Btc is now at $68k high. I guess Cardoso will attack btc increasing to that level.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,620/$ At Parallel Market by IbeOkehie: 12:40pm On Mar 05
press9jatv:
the policy on the floating the naira by the Cbn have been questioned severally, this is not the first time Nigerians and the economists had dragged Tinubu government on that.

The naira has NOT been floated.

nairalanda1:
Naira is going to fall and keep falling until we make manufacturing the basis of our economy like serious nations and also improve tax to gdp ratios as well.

I did not say corruption is not contributing, or that we have a good government..the fact of the naira falling since 1973 is a sign we haven't had good government for decades.

A lot of us appreciate your comment. I always ask for solutions. In fact you didn't even give us a particular cause.

So please, in all seriousness, I'm asking you and all who agree with your comment, WHY has Nigeria been so dependent on crude oil and natural gas to the extent that it manufactures and exports so little?

Then it would be important to know HOW can Nigeria become a manufacturing nation? I think the real issue is how to become PRODUCTIVE, but we can take manufacturing.

You mentioned CORRUPTION as a contributing factor. Everyone in Nigeria believes corruption is the biggest culprit in our national woes. 🙄

I want to state as I've always done - read carefully - corruption is NOT an important factor in the Nigeria Crisis. And even if it is, it would be important to know the CAUSE of corruption. The cause is VERY SIMPLE to identify and as such corruption can be substantively wiped out in less than a year with 2 or 3 simple steps.

So what is the CAUSE of corruption in Nigeria?

And as an aside, anyone interested in taxes should read up on the Laffer Curve.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/laffercurve.asp

Three simple questions. Shouldn't be too hard.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,620/$ At Parallel Market by ozo13(m): 1:04pm On Mar 05
press9jatv:
the policy on the floating the naira by the Cbn have been questioned severally, this is not the first time Nigerians and the economists had dragged Tinubu government on that.
atleast most of the seasoned economist and financial analyst I have listened to speak about floating of naira didn't condemn it.Am not talking about political analyst oo that will just whine and no solution they profer
. according to Obi his own solution was for the country to be a productive economy and not consuming economy

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,620/$ At Parallel Market by Ekeneegwu(m): 4:48pm On Mar 05
Very clueless government and supporters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Need Funding For Your LPO? Lets's Talk! / Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? / Shell Resumes Crude Exports From Nigeria's Forcados Terminal- FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.