Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? (772 Views)

Nigerian Women Can We Normalize Wearing Our Natural Hair And Staying Fit? / Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. / Men That Allow Their Wives To Work Would End Up In Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by EreluRoz: 8:57am On Mar 06
Would you suggest this to your HR ?

I don't see anything wrong with it considering the fact that workers are deprived of their normal night sleep just to meet up with work schedules.

Workers in Lagos and other big cities are mostly found sleeping in busses in the early hours of the morning on their way to work and as such a nap during work hours won't be a bad idea.

Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by bellong: 9:28am On Mar 06
When I set up a company, I will have a room set up specifically for power nap. I discussed this sometimes ago with my colleagues. I told them that I will ensure every employee gets a 15 - 20 minutes nap when required daily.
There is magic in a short nap, makes you feel very refreshed and ready for another task.

HR should be the one to champion it.

6 Likes

Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by Nazgul: 9:29am On Mar 06
All federal and multinational agencies make provision for staff lunch break. Of course, you can use yours to take a short nap and set the alarm on your phone to whenever you want to wake up.

Where you'll see shege is if you're working in a one man organization, those ones would keep you in the office even after workings hours, drain every shred of life out of you and still owe or pay you peanuts.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by finallybusy: 9:49am On Mar 06
Leave such to countries with sense. We are blacks, suffering dey our DNA.
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by EreluRoz: 11:37am On Mar 06
Nazgul:
All federal and multinational agencies make provision for staff lunch break. Of course, you can use yours to take a short nap and set the alarm on your phone to whenever you want to wake up.

Where you'll see shege is if you're working in a one man organization, those ones would keep you in the office even after workings hours, drain every shred of life out of you and still owe or pay you peanuts.
I can't work in a one man organization , they are users.

2 Likes

Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by EreluRoz: 11:37am On Mar 06
finallybusy:
Leave such to countries with sense. We are blacks, suffering dey our DNA.
It's really sad sha.
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by Nazgul: 11:48am On Mar 06
EreluRoz:
It would be easy for you to say if you have a choice. Most people working there wouldn't remain there if they had a choice. To them it's better than sitting jobless at home waiting for manna to fall from heaven.

The problem isn't with the people working there but with the country that has weak or non-existent labour laws. This is why most employers exploit their employees at the slightest opportunity. Cos they're fully aware that nothing would happen.

A female friend of mine once told me about a place she worked. According to her, no staff there ever received fully salary all through her stay. Cos her boss deducts your salary at every given opportunity. Even for pressing your phone or answering a call that isn't related to the job.

She told me she just left and went home to rest. In a country where things work, such a person would be sued and fined heavily for infringing on the rights of his staffs. But this is Nigeria, if you talk people would even defend him.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by nstore: 1:53pm On Mar 06
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by eazzzy1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 06
I will rather work through the nap break and leave early. If there’s a one hour nap break, I will prefer to work through it then leave one hour earlier than I was supposed to. I can’t sleep unless I’m on a bed. I have travelled for 19hours and had my eyes opened the entire time.

What happens when it’s wake up time but my body says no? The thought of having to wake in one hour wouldn’t even let me sleep.

3 Likes

Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by Obierika(m): 2:29pm On Mar 06
EreluRoz:

I hope you are aware that when and if you start your own business it would also be a one-man business at the initial stage
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by EreluRoz: 2:37pm On Mar 06
Obierika:

I hope you are aware that when and if you start your own business it would also be a one-man business at the initial stage
I can't do business, I don't have the strength.
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by Kobicove(m): 2:37pm On Mar 06
If you start this in your company here in Nigeria your staff will abuse it undecided
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by EreluRoz: 2:38pm On Mar 06
eazzzy1:
I will rather work through the nap break and leave early. If there’s a one hour nap break, I will prefer to work through it then leave one hour earlier than I was supposed to. I can’t sleep unless I’m on a bed. I have travelled for 19hours and had my eyes opened the entire time.

What happens when it’s wake up time but my body says no? The thought of having to wake in one hour wouldn’t even let me sleep.
Those naps are very important to the body.
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by EreluRoz: 2:41pm On Mar 06
Nazgul:

It would be easy for you to say if you have a choice. Most people working there wouldn't remain there if they had a choice. To them it's better than sitting jobless at home waiting for manna to fall from heaven.

The problem isn't with the people working there but with the country that has weak or non-existent labour laws. This is why most employers exploit their employees at the slightest opportunity. Cos they're fully aware that nothing would happen.

A female friend of mine once told me about a place she worked. According to her, no staff there ever received fully salary all through her stay. Cos her boss deducts your salary at every given opportunity. Even for pressing your phone or answering a call that isn't related to the job.

She told me she just left and went home to rest. In a country where things work, such a person would be sued and fined heavily for infringing on the rights of his staffs. But this is Nigeria, if you talk people would even defend him.
Worker's right are not respected in this country especially those private sectors. I can't cope working with private sectors lailai

2 Likes

Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by BareFacedLies(m): 2:47pm On Mar 06
EreluRoz:
Those naps are very important to the body.

Will they also allow staff to fúck during the nap period? grin

1 Like

Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by FalseProphet1(m): 12:42pm On Mar 07
EreluRoz:
Would you suggest this to your HR ?

I don't see anything wrong with it considering the fact that workers are deprived of their normal night sleep just to meet up with work schedules.

Workers in Lagos and other big cities are mostly found sleeping in busses in the early hours of the morning on their way to work and as such a nap during work hours won't be a bad idea.
As a prophet I take a nap in my spiritual center whenever I'm tired. It's not easy to prophesy for hours without resting.

And I do allow my junior prophets to rest as well. Although I flog them whenever they oversleep. It's part of their training sha.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by EreluRoz: 8:34pm On Mar 07
FalseProphet1:

As a prophet I take a nap in my spiritual center whenever I'm tired. It's not easy to prophesy for hours without resting.

And I do allow my junior prophets to rest as well. Although I flog them whenever they oversleep. It's part of their training sha.

This I have seen.
Prophet nebu well done
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by FalseProphet1(m): 9:25pm On Mar 07
EreluRoz:
Prophet nebu well done
Thanks. But please what's nebu? 🤔
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by BigYash: 6:13pm On Mar 08
Make the sleep enter body,make any modafucka come wake me first..
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by EreluRoz: 8:41pm On Mar 11
BigYash:
Make the sleep enter body,make any modafucka come wake me first..
I take naps at work and work directly under the EVC and he pampers me and wouldn't even obstruct my nap period. He even reminds me to go take my nap and I'm enjoying every bit of this working experience.
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by EreluRoz: 8:43pm On Mar 11
FalseProphet1:

Thanks. But please what's nebu? 🤔
Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by Boondocxs(f): 9:40pm On Mar 11
10/10 would agree
It's stressful nowadays as a Nigerian it's an ok idea to have at least 80 minutes for leisure time (lunch+nap breaks) so that the body can feel refreshed in this hot weathered economy (literally and figuratively)

1 Like

Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by MrCork: 9:44pm On Mar 11
Boondocxs:
10/10 would agree
It's stressful nowadays as a Nigerian it's an ok idea to have at least 80 minutes for leisure time (lunch+nap breaks) so that the body can feel refreshed in this hot weathered economy (literally and figuratively)

YOU AGAIN!...WOT U DOIN HEAR!!!@
can u please remove(wit immediate effect)..the fake photo on yor profile. U are not lightskin & u can never be lightskin...tryin to impress me will never work!!!(no oofencsece) angry
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by Boondocxs(f): 9:58pm On Mar 11
MrCork:

YOU AGAIN!...WOT U DOIN HEAR!!!@
can u please remove(wit immediate effect)..the fake photo on yor profile. U are not lightskin & u can never be lightskin...tryin to impress me will never work!!!(no oofencsece) angry
Why are you this useless to society
Were you not loved as a child
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by MrCork: 10:10pm On Mar 11
Boondocxs:

Why are you this useless to society
Were you not loved as a child

Do u relice u talking to a Londoner. have u ever enter London be for.?..NO...u juss lost yor shance with a Londoner cozz u not on my level. anyways please stop usin other people photo coz u not lightskin!!(no oofencsece) angry
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by EreluRoz: 7:57pm On Mar 13
Boondocxs:
10/10 would agree
I take naps and it feels so good.
Re: Normalize Naps At Work, Would You Suggest This To Your HR ? by FalseProphet1(m): 7:52am On Mar 15
EreluRoz:
Nebuchadnezzar
But he wasn't a prophet na. 😏

(1) (Reply)

I'm Looking For This Game Called Crash(naughty Dog) Kart Race / Nairalanders Is This Fake Or Real (photos / Why I Cannot Be A Muslim -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.