Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government (38178 Views)

Bodies Of Herbert Wigwe, Wife & Son Arrive Port Harcourt Airport (Photos) / Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash / Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by jendoslim(m): 7:49pm On Mar 06
ATLANTIC01:
Using this medium to ask Almighty God for just one connection that will change my entire life, just one contract can change the story forever

Amen.

Baba God, please help me, just a phone call that will change my condition, story and status forever
Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Kusu12: 7:49pm On Mar 06
We expect the deluded obirodents to defend their masters as usual since the news is not talking about Tinubu their tormentor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Amah70: 7:49pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:
There is nothing so special here until we are privy to the Memorandum of Understanding between Abia State Government & Cranburg Construction. That is the document that will list all the roads to be constructed with the money. There is no law forbidding a private organization, such as Cranburg to approach its bankers for facility to execute a contract. If Access Bank finds her customer, Cranburg Construction credit worthy, then public opinion holds no sway

Sahara Reporters goofed big time for this yeye report.

Even a kid who goes to Aba today will support the loan, memorandum of understanding between ABSG and Access Bank is showing on ground in Aba where nearly every urban road has been reconstructed within six months.
Some governors will take the N50billion and pocket them.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by sonnie10: 7:50pm On Mar 06
Marriage na scam . But, this is a man signing off #50b for the wife’s business.

Abi, the man is also a simp?
Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by treatise: 7:50pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:
There is nothing so special here until we are privy to the Memorandum of Understanding between Abia State Government & Cranburg Construction. That is the document that will list all the roads to be constructed with the money. There is no law forbidding a private organization, such as Cranburg to approach its bankers for facility to execute a contract. If Access Bank finds her customer, Cranburg Construction credit worthy, then public opinion holds no sway
You didn't perceive anything that's ominous in the late Wigwe granting a loan to his wife's company if its established to be true? Poor corporate governance led to the collapse of Enron Power.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Taich(m): 7:54pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:

The problem is that Apc and her apologist are working too hard to paint everyone like itself.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by VanuatuWycombe: 7:54pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:

Mr. Theory, there is no conflict of interest here. The wife is also a board member of Access Bank. If the wife was not, it will be a different issue.

Let me break it down for you Sir, if you & ur wife operate a Restaurant, does taking Breakfast or Dinner in the restaurant amount to conflict of interest?

The 5 Cs for accessing credit facilities are:
Capital, Condition, Capacity, Collateral, and Character. If any company meets the above, they are good to go!

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈. Agh! Olodo ni e. Are you a marketer in bank running after people to come and take loan? The issue being discussed here is beyond the trash you just spewed.
Which schools did you attend, please?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by hammerF: 7:55pm On Mar 06
DIRTY AFOONJA ARE RUTHLESS.

I THOUGHT IKWERRE IS NOT IGBO?

WIGWE DOINGS DONE PAIN THEM ENTER BONE MARROW.

NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DEAD OR THEIR YOUNG CHILDREN, LEFT BEHIND.

ALL THIS ONE NA SMALL YANSH SHAKING, TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE.

IF WIGWE STAY REACH 80, THAT IS, ANOTHER 20SOMETHING YEARS, U PEOPLE FOR SEE LEVELS.

AS DEM GET AM ABROAD IS WHAT HIM AND HIS WIFE FOR DROP HERE IN NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Menclothing: 7:55pm On Mar 06
Even bank managers give loan to family without collateral this country is gone

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Amah70: 7:55pm On Mar 06
Meanwhile some residents have condemned the contract didn't go through the official bidding and approval process.

Bunkum.

If the road contracts were given to fraudulent contractors after bidding, perhaps reconstruction of Azikiwe Road in Aba would not have been completed by now. But nearly fifty roads the length of Azikiwe Road has been completed in six months in Aba.

Methinks, Abia State government tied the loan to Cranemburg and Road reconstruction in Abia state. No need for fraudulent bidders.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by TINTINABULATION(m): 7:57pm On Mar 06
VanuatuWycombe:

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈. Agh! Olodo ni e. Are you a marketer in bank running after people to come and take loan? The issue being discussed here is beyond the trash you just spewed.
Which schools did you attend, please?

I attended Your Father's School of Economics

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by VanuatuWycombe: 7:58pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:

I attended Your Father's School of Economics

No wonder. I checked the list of graduands but your name is missing.
It was our registrar that showed me your name in the list of rusticated students in the first year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Amah70: 8:00pm On Mar 06
Taich:

The problem is that Apc and her apologist are working too hard to paint everyone like itself.
Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Mandate1: 8:02pm On Mar 06
Tjra:
There is no issue here.

If Craneburg has delivered the project, then Abia state government should pay up. And Craneburg will fulfil their obligations to a Access Bank in turn.

The facility was given to the corporate entity- Craneburg and not Chizoba Wigwe.

Sowore and his gossip mill should STFU.
I'm surprised people commenting above are not being fair to the names mentioned. Whr is the wrong in act? Saharareporters just wasted our time.
Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by TINTINABULATION(m): 8:03pm On Mar 06
VanuatuWycombe:

No wonder. I checked the list of graduands but your name is missing.
It was our registrar that showed me your name in the list of rusticated students in the first year.

You have a bad mouth grin grin grin grin

It is impossible for an Okada Rider to have a school let alone have a register.

But on a more serious note, you need to wise up.
Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Mandate1: 8:03pm On Mar 06
viqSmallz:
I am trying to wrap my head round this. A business took a loan from a bank to facilitate a contract it has been awarded.
Is this not a credit facility? This doesn't seem like news, is it because the CEOs of both organizations are related?

A business is an entity, seperate from the owners. News reporting is cut and join over here, just creating sensationalism.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Basic123: 8:03pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:
I hope you will write this epistle of defence if the person involved is Sanwoolu or TINUBU

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by samijet: 8:10pm On Mar 06
Is a normal thing in Nigeria, na almost everybody follow spoil this country. But some people/party will be forming Angel.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by FreeStuffsNG: 8:11pm On Mar 06
Makewegothere:
I hope ai read it right, loan wasn't taken by Abia state government but Cranburg construction.

In as much we want transparency, let's be clear on the details before we raise dust where there is none.

Where Cranburg gets fund to start off their job before being paid by the state government should not be the problem of the state.

As business owners too, we borrow money to finance contracts.

quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=128809571]Beyond the allegation that the late wife is on the legal board of Access bank that should have raised the conflict of interest, I don't see why Craneburg as an independent entity should be vilified.

If the law mandates the Governor to always obtain loan approval from the State Assembly yet he failed to do so then he must go and rectify it before the loan is disbursed.

It's just unfortunate that those who know the right thing to do fail to do until things go bad. At this point I will not be surprised if Abia state has already started paying the interest on the controversial loan and this is why EFCC must immediately move in to investigate this report.
Anyone found guilty must be prosecuted.

God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!
It's a loan guaranteed with the contract from Abia state. If you know how these contracts are drafted and executed, then you should know that a measure of the risk is already imposed on Abia state and by extension Abia taxpayers. Those Abians complaining have a right to know especially since the risk allegedly was not disclosed to the Abia state House of Assembly.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by CommonSense1967: 8:11pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:

You are very far from your moniker. How does Tintinabulation amount to Tinubu? When they say you should go to school and read, see where it landed you now? Proud Illiterate!

Yeah very proud illiterate grin

It's comical because I more than likely have more education in my pinky finger than your shallow empty skull.

First, you need to understand the meaning of what an illiterate is, and secondly stop making an ass of yourself by making dumb zero IQ excuses for a clear violation of the law by awarding a contract without due process, nepotism, and conflict of interest among other violations of what is expected in an open, ethical and just government.

STFU and get lost. Olodo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by siant: 8:12pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:
This is a public project, not private dealing. There must be accountability.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Truthshotcrazy: 8:14pm On Mar 06
Jogs1900:

Too much fraud there..collect unsecured loans, foreign currency racketeering, inflated contracts, and launder money for politicians. Only God knows how much Wigwe too is owing Access Bank.
cool

Jogs1900:
I hope they are yet to disburse the loan..
Heard that Tony Elumelu got forty billion naira from UBA and it has turned to bad debt.. Very soon, the bank will write it off while Tony is balling.
Fraud in the banking industry is just too much.
cool
Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by balisa1(f): 8:16pm On Mar 06
Enugurangers:
Nigeria is a big crime scene.
There is nothing wrong in company borrowing funds from any bank to execute a contract na!
Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by Firebomber: 8:17pm On Mar 06
Amah70:
All over the south of Nigeria, we can see the beautiful roads built by Cranemburg construction company. The company is another Julius Berger of the North.

Beautiful but substandard
Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by JuanDeDios: 8:18pm On Mar 06
Beverlyjean:
So what's the problem with that??
1. Conflict of interest.
2. Failure to follow due process.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by TINTINABULATION(m): 8:21pm On Mar 06
CommonSense1967:

Yeah very proud illiterate grin

It's comical because I more than likely have more education in my pinky finger than your shallow empty skull.

First, you need to understand the meaning of what an illiterate is, and secondly stop making an ass of yourself by making dumb zero IQ excuses for a clear violation of the law by awarding a contract without due process, nepotism, and conflict of interest among other violations of what is expected in an open, ethical and just government.

STFU and get lost. Olodo

Education is not in amassing paper certificates but by the ability of the mind to process clear, concise and logical thought. Going by these parameters, I STILL INSIST YOU ARE A DUMB ILLITERATE..

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by nedekid: 8:22pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:
Its just like China issuing a loan to nigeria to build an airport, the airport construction must be done by China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCEC) the Chinese construction firm employing Nigerians but supervised by Chinese managers. A lien is placed on the account under the condition Nigeria must approve before money is drawn by the CCEC. Ie there are checks and balances.
Basically what this means is that politicians will not squander the money, china will get their loans repaid, the infrastructure will be built.
This is the difference between the Chinese and western owned imf, world bank etc.
Imf will give Nigeria loan, politicians will still it and take back to western banks, the infrastructure will not be built, meanwhile the citizens (country) is left to pay the loans for generations.
The Chinese alternative on the other hand works, that is why you see airports, rail, trains, bridges, roads, ports all over Africa built by Chinese, while you cannot see any legacy infrastructure from western loans.
In this case, acess bank is the China, abia state is Nigeria, while wigwes wife's construction company is CCEC.
The state wins because 50b(which the state does not have) worth of infrastructure will be done, the bank will have confidence it's money will be used and paid back not squandered.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by PoliteActivist: 8:22pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:

This ignorance here is why Nigeria is GUARRANTEED to stay corrupt ad infinitum.
It's so ingrained they don't even see it anymore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by t2luv1: 8:24pm On Mar 06
Tjra:
There is no issue here.

If Craneburg has delivered the project, then Abia state government should pay up. And Craneburg will fulfil their obligations to a Access Bank in turn.

The facility was given to the corporate entity- Craneburg and not Chizoba Wigwe.

Sowore and his gossip mill should STFU.

If this was Tinubu would your assumption be different? Even blind Stevie Wonder can see that the fix was in on this deal. By not specifying the roads to be constructed that was the first clue. Look I ain't got a dog in this fight. All I want to know is this Wigwe was he from Abia State? If he was then trying to tell how two lesbian women in a relationship with each other managed to get pregnant ain't my freaking business. Obviously they both cheating on each other right.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by PoliteActivist: 8:26pm On Mar 06
Seunpapa65:
Omo see as money is being glup up and down

How do you think the money materialized to build Wigwe University?

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by TINTINABULATION(m): 8:28pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

This ignorance here is why Nigeria is GUARRANTEED to stay corrupt ad infinitum.
It's so ingrained they don't even see it anymore

grin grin grin

I can see that you struggled to write guaranteed, there is no ignorance greater than that!
Re: Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government by WorkBank: 8:28pm On Mar 06
Goodvibes007:
Aside the conflict of interests ,ethics violation, and not following the proper bidding process/award of contracts, under Alex Otti's leadership, a tiny economy state like Abia would accumulate an astounding debt of half a trillion naira or more (we don't know others as yet probably) within only one year.

Summary of the post for those too lazy to read 👇

A document reveals that Craneburg Construction, owned by Mrs. Chizoba Doreen Wigwe, received a N50 billion loan from Access Bank to finance contracts awarded by Abia State government, raising concerns about lack of official bidding and approval process. State officials declined to comment.

Same Alex Otti that is being portrait as a model governor.....hmmmmmm

9ja and corruption na 5 n 6

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pools Bankers For The Week. / Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors / Journey: (DAY 20 - $105 so far) Follow Me As I Make Money On Fiverr From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.