Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi (12337 Views)

Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations / You Must Unite To Win Elections - Bola Tinubu To Bauchi APC Leaders / Senator Abbo: Nigerians Dump Party Affiliations To Speak With One Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Angelfrost(m): 10:38pm On Mar 06
lexy2014:
Story. Many Nigerians will rather die in hunger than make choices devoid of ethnic, religious and political considerations which sometimes shows how western education has been wasted on this nation

Leave them... Hand go meet all of them.

They keep adjusting to suffering thinking it will end soon.

Most Nigerians are a special breed of stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Angelfrost(m): 10:41pm On Mar 06
Brendaniel:
Nigeria is currently so divided, thanks to Tinubu and his dirty style of politics

Well, that division didn't start with Bobo Chicago.

They rode into Aso Rock based on the fragile unity of Nigerians hungry for change in 2015, and proceeded to scatter that dying unity.

The idea is that a divided nation will keep them in power perpetually, since divided people can't revolt against their corruption and cluelessness.

That's Devilish yet Brilliant...! cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by ElSudani: 10:42pm On Mar 06
A sore loser who wouldn't concede his loss is unashamedly asking for unity!
Such an hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:43pm On Mar 06
AfonjaConehead:

According to your bush logic,when a region vote for their candidates,it makes them tribal,right!
So when the Igbos voted enmasse for Obj,they were tribal? When they voted enmasse for Jonathan,they were tribal? When they north voted for buhari enmasse,they were tribal?
According to your yorubas,the Igbos didn't vote for Abiola 1993 so,that means,the yorubas that voted enmasse for Abiola in 1993 were all tribal?!

You people just open ya mouths waaaa.....

I really struck a chord. Why did you choose Obasanjo over Ojukwu? 🤣🤣🤣. The Truth is bitter. 😂

Let me tell you. If not because of Peter Obi's Tribal and religious sentiment. PDP would have done havoc to APC in the last election. Atiku would have won while Obi will be vice and then Obi will take over after him.

Obi won Lagos ahead of Tinubu in Lagos but it is the same Lagos that Obi's tribes men make a mockery of when they protest against the current economic challenges. Do you see the tribal sentiment.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Mccullum: 10:44pm On Mar 06
ShoeGetSize:
First of all, in the interest of fair disclosure, I must state that I am not an Obidient. Not because I have anything against Peter Obi as either a politician or a human being, but because I think Nigeria's problems are too deeply rooted and structural to be solved by one man, no matter how well intentioned he may be.

Having said this, permit me to lay the following foundation before I ask my question:

The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) has just announced that in 2023 alone, over 700 companies shut down.

The number of companies and businesses in Nigeria that have become either paralysed, comatose or in the verge of collapse since 2015 is so large, that even the NBS (National Bureau of Statistics) is too frightened to put a figure on how much has been lost.

Food trucks carrying provisions from farms to markets are getting hijacked and attacked every day;

Farmers are paying taxes to Fulani Herdsmen, Boko Haram and ISWAP and become of this, many of them have chosen to drastically reduce the scale of their farming activities to just cater for themselves and their families;

Fulani Herdsmen came from nowhere in 2015 to become the 4th most dangerous terrorist organization in the world and they have been flourishing in Nigeria ever since then;

Even before the alleged "floating" of the Naira (which is a scam because the naira is still being sold at controlled prices to certain "privileged" clientele) prices of goods and services were already far beyond the reach of the average Nigerian;

We were told that we wouldn't feel the impact of fuel price devaluation because there was a saviour called Dangote Refinery which would do away with the need to refine Nigerian crude oil using scarce foreign resources. We were made to believe that Dangote's Refinery is here to save the day and we will soon be scooping refined petroleum at rock bottom prices.

So my question is: Of all the problems I have mentioned which have crippled and ruined Nigeria's economy since 2015, which specific problem is Peter Obi responsible for creating?

I would like intelligent answers to my question, but if that is too much to ask for, then I will gladly settle for an honest opinion.

🗑️ Google may assist to answer the question ❓
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Adakintroy: 10:48pm On Mar 06
Go and hustle. We don't want unity. Jonathan warn all of una.

Go and hustle. All man for himself God for us all

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Anonimoux: 10:48pm On Mar 06
No oh let them continue being tribalistic oh. Since they have refused to learn.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Angelfrost(m): 10:49pm On Mar 06
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I really struck a chord. Why did you choose Obasanjo over Ojukwu? 🤣🤣🤣. The Truth is bitter. 😂

Let me tell you. If not because of Peter Obi's Tribal and religious sentiment. PDP would have done havoc to APC in the last election. Atiku would have won while Obi will be vice and then Obi will take over after him.

Atiku had no business contesting that election, not when his fellow Northerner had been in power for 8 years already.

If Obi had stepped down, APC would have used that fact against Atiku and PDP.

Let's cut out this weak pretence abeg.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Skillsnigeria: 10:50pm On Mar 06
Hmmm
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by FFIA: 10:51pm On Mar 06
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Obi is referring to his people by the fact that they are the only one who voted for him based on tribe and religion. This is a FACT! 🤣🤣🤣 It is obvious their stands as to the present economic challenges.😂😂😂. Tribal and religious bigots.
I am beginning to fall in louve with you these few days I see reasonable comments from you my durling 🥹

seems you have grown very much taller.

kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by chopnaira: 10:56pm On Mar 06
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Obi is referring to his people by the fact that they are the only one who voted for him based on tribe and religion. This is a FACT! 🤣🤣🤣 It is obvious their stands as to the present economic challenges.😂😂😂. Tribal and religious bigots.

Anonimoux:
No oh let them continue being tribalistic oh. Since they have refused to learn.

Of course.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by chopnaira: 10:58pm On Mar 06
GboyegaD:
Can we truly unite? This I ask because of the level of intolerance amongst youths who should be more united.
No we can't. Have you seen what is happening with the Edo coming election. Esan people lokan.

Edo Obidients and Igbo Obidients are already tearing each other apart on top LP vs PDP.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by alphaNomega: 10:58pm On Mar 06
Nigeria is united with the hatred for a particular tribe so no need to worry. One Nigeria for ever cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Pristine664: 10:59pm On Mar 06
slimfit1:
We don't need to unite its late

Best comment eve. It's too late abeg.

To your tent oh Israel!.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:00pm On Mar 06
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by franudi: 11:00pm On Mar 06
My President.
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by AuwalYusuf812(m): 11:01pm On Mar 06
😂😂 we too like play for dis country
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Pristine664: 11:02pm On Mar 06
chopnaira:

No we can't. Have you seen what is happening with the Edo coming election. Esan people lokan.

Edo Obidients and Igbo Obidients are already tearing each other apart on top LP vs PDP.

Please when this fight really starts, Yorubas should only watch, I don delete both of them tey tey
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Krankhead: 11:05pm On Mar 06
Melagros:
COMRADES, before we take part in any project meant for the progress of Nigeria, inec should give us free and fair election first
youngo explain tire....BAT till.2031
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by fuck419: 11:07pm On Mar 06
slimfit1:
We don't need to unite its late

Go and hug transformer na.

It's only a fool that calls an enemy, a friend!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Melagros(m): 11:09pm On Mar 06
Krankhead:
youngo explain tire....BAT till.2031
Is this all you can say? Shame on you
Thank God your moniker says it all

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Truthsandtrusts: 11:09pm On Mar 06
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Daystar7: 11:12pm On Mar 06
mmadu4:
IN GHANA their are like 10 tribes but all of them lives with understanding and love. this is why the country is moving forward. shame on nigerians.

Are you comparing 10 tribes to over 350 tribes? U funny oo.. most of y'all don't know beyond the 3 major tribes and somehow Igbos get the biggest share by u people's logic as SS and some parts of NC are Igbo's to you people yet Igbo's are the smallest of the three major tribes and the only region with less than 6 states.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Davehasmadeit(m): 11:13pm On Mar 06
Zxcvbnmghtr:
You need to learn to use your brain sometimes. I keep saying it, Yoruba and Hausa are the reason this country is in this mess.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:15pm On Mar 06
Davehasmadeit:

You need to learn to use your brain sometimes. I keep saying it, Yoruba and Hausa are the reason this country is in this mess.

Obi won Lagos ahead of Tinubu in Lagos but it is the same Lagos that Obi's tribes men make a mockery of when they protest against the current economic challenges. Do you see the tribal sentiment.
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by toujurs: 11:15pm On Mar 06
I swear the yoruba's that voted tinubu are all cowards, see the shame they have brought upon themselves.

Look at where tribalism has taken you to.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by tojahh(m): 11:17pm On Mar 06
Never!
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Misterone: 11:18pm On Mar 06
owiko:
If Nigerians were to be given another opportunity to elect a leader this weekend, most of them will still vote against logic. Perhaps eight years of extreme SAPA will help shape our thought pattern.
One thing that really baffles me is that most of you really think that there's a free lunch somewhere and Obi is the only one that can bring it to your table! Oga, know this and know peace! There's no free lunch anywhere.
Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Amah70: 11:20pm On Mar 06
Unite Nigeria's ethnic groups? It's like asking water and oil to unite.
What happened the last presidential election added more spanner to the disintegration process of Nigeria.
No judge asked the INEC boss: "why did you not suspended transmission of vote results and repair the so-called glitch in your transmission system, then resume transmission thereafter, instead of rubbishing the Electoral Act of 2022 made to stop use of manual transmission of vote results."

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by Davehasmadeit(m): 11:23pm On Mar 06
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Did Obi's men make a mockery of the Yorubas, Tinubu or the economic hardship. I need you to specify please. You called Obi's men tribal and religious bigots, when was the last time an ibo man ruled Nigeria, talk more of getting this far in an election. The Yorubas and Hausa have marginalized the ibo man in his own country for religious and tribal sentiments and you still call the ibo man a bigot? Ridiculous

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi by 1x2x3: 11:30pm On Mar 06
Peter Obi carry your billions and head somewhere with your entire family, those oppressed are enjoying every bit of the oppression.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How The Orkar Coup Was Planned - Turner Ogboru / Retired General, Others Under Watch / Bukola Saraki At The Celebration Of French National Day In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.