Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA (7821 Views)

Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years / Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Paraman: 6:11pm On Mar 07
The Managing Director of the Nigerian Ports Authority, Mohammed Bello-Koko, has disclosed that Onne Port has witnessed increased vessel traffic.

Bello-Koko said this recently in Lagos during the inauguration of the newly acquired security boats by NPA.

He also said that the agency would continue to push towards growing the fortune of eastern ports.

Onne Port Complex situated on the Bonny River Estuary along Ogu Creek, is the first port in Nigeria to operate the Landlord Port Model devised to encourage private sector participation in the maritime industry.

Bello-Koko said, “Onne Port has recently witnessed increased vessel traffic; we cannot rest on our laurels. We will continue to push the advocacy and galvanise stakeholder opinion towards growing the fortunes of the Eastern Ports.”

Bello-Koko noted that the newly acquired security boats would increase vessel traffic to the eastern ports.

“I am especially delighted to say that these security patrol boats position us to achieve our set goal of driving increased vessel traffic to the eastern ports of Onne, Rivers, Warri, and Calabar Port Complexes, where four of the vessels commissioned have been allocated,” Bello-Koko said.

He stated the distinctive features and multiple functionalities of those marine crafts and the game-changing effect they bring to bear.

“Our security preparedness and capacity to respond to emergent threats are enormous. I have chosen to refrain from mentioning those superlatives here because of the security implications of doing so.

“Our profound appreciation also goes to our highly valued security partners; the Nigerian Navy, Nigeria Police Force, Nigerian Army, the DSS and the Lagos State Government, whose collaborations continue to enhance our ability to detect, deter and respond to security threats and incidents before they fester,” the NPA boss declared.

He remarked that the event was a testament to the agency’s commitment to continuous improvement in the journey towards transforming, “our strategic intent of becoming the maritime logistics hub for sustainable ports services in Africa from potential to actualities”.

https://punchng.com/onne-port-vessel-traffic-improves-says-npa/?amp

7 Likes

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by immortalcrown(m): 6:12pm On Mar 07
Okay
Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Paraman: 6:19pm On Mar 07
Paraman:
The Managing Director of the Nigerian Ports Authority, Mohammed Bello-Koko, has disclosed that Onne Port has witnessed increased vessel traffic.

Bello-Koko said this recently in Lagos during the inauguration of the newly acquired security boats by NPA.

He also said that the agency would continue to push towards growing the fortune of eastern ports.

Onne Port Complex situated on the Bonny River Estuary along Ogu Creek, is the first port in Nigeria to operate the Landlord Port Model devised to encourage private sector participation in the maritime industry.

Bello-Koko said, “Onne Port has recently witnessed increased vessel traffic; we cannot rest on our laurels. We will continue to push the advocacy and galvanise stakeholder opinion towards growing the fortunes of the Eastern Ports.”

Bello-Koko noted that the newly acquired security boats would increase vessel traffic to the eastern ports.

“I am especially delighted to say that these security patrol boats position us to achieve our set goal of driving increased vessel traffic to the eastern ports of Onne, Rivers, Warri, and Calabar Port Complexes, where four of the vessels commissioned have been allocated,” Bello-Koko said.

https://punchng.com/onne-port-vessel-traffic-improves-says-npa/?amp
It's all happening under a Yoruba man.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by FreeStuffsNG: 6:22pm On Mar 07
Good news.

37 Likes

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by jmoore(m): 6:37pm On Mar 07
Paraman:

Imagine what an adult is saying?

Bag of rice went from 38,000 to 80,000 naira under the same man.

When will una babablu end?

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Paraman: 6:45pm On Mar 07
jmoore:

biafrans do claim Yorubas do not want ports in the south south to function.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Putindbutt: 6:47pm On Mar 07
jmoore:

The same Yoruba man you all spreading fake news that he was going to abandon all other ports and develop only Lagos ports.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by ggood: 6:48pm On Mar 07
How can Aboki with the name Muhammed Bello head port in Onne here in South South, meanwhile Aboki don't have any Ocean in their Backyard , this is Unacceptable

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Blackfire(m): 6:49pm On Mar 07
We will shame them

1 Like

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Putindbutt: 6:50pm On Mar 07
Paraman:
Lol, don't mind him, they thought we have forgotten. He's talking about rice as if his father has a rice farm.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by jmoore(m): 6:51pm On Mar 07
Putindbutt:

The same Yoruba man you all spreading fake news that he was going to abandon all other ports and develop only Lagos ports.
'You all'? Write English that you can defend.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Putindbutt: 7:06pm On Mar 07
jmoore:
'You all'? Write English that you can defend.
The fact remains that the message has been sent.

7 Likes

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by jmoore(m): 7:16pm On Mar 07
Putindbutt:
The fact remains that the message has been sent.
To the SPAM folder.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by AcuraZDX: 7:19pm On Mar 07
Paraman:

Sharrap.

Indomie noodles sold for 50 naira is now 300 naira.

It's also happening under a Yoruba man.

Dolla that was 500 in the official market is now 1600 under the same Yoruba man.

People are now dying just by ordinary leg marching under a Yoruba man.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by AcuraZDX: 7:20pm On Mar 07
jmoore:

He won't quote this your comment.

Trust me
Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by PheelzAlmighty: 7:42pm On Mar 07
Hmmm.... Deep down, we all want an improvement but this, this right here is a lie
Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by NeckingNgulping(m): 7:45pm On Mar 07
Big fat lie coming from a government of deceits and lies. APC led government has destroyed the once booming Onne port by
either relocatingg multinationals to Lagos or bringing up unfavourable policies to impede the growth of companies in the port complex.

The only companies that are doing extremely well are WACT and INDORAMA. Decongest the Lagos port and bring more investment to Onne.

Lest i forget, there's no light in Onne community. Hard to believe that a community hosting all the companies in the wharf is in such a terrible darkness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by oilyngbati(m): 7:46pm On Mar 07
ggood:
How Aboki with the name Bello head port in Onne , meanwhile Aboki don't have any Ocean in their Backyard
Do biaflans have access to the sea? I think not

38 Likes

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by ggood: 7:48pm On Mar 07
oilyngbati:
Do biaflans have access to the sea? I think not
Shatap who mentioned Biafra here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by tunjijones(m): 7:49pm On Mar 07
But what is the main reason that makes eastern business men always neglect this port and always chose to import through Lagos port.

Na question I ask ooo, no be quarrel cos I trust Una...

37 Likes

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by bigdammyj: 7:51pm On Mar 07
Noted.
Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Chucks13: 7:55pm On Mar 07
Putindbutt:

Stop wasting your data replying him. All I know is Tinubu have 8 years to spend in power either they like it or not.

5 Likes

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by santaclaws: 8:05pm On Mar 07
Good one...

My Igbo brothers still want ports in Imo & Abia because they have shallow rivers like Azumini & Imoh rivers, so Onne port is not enough, until it is in Igbo land where they don't have an ocean. 😒

In fact there has to be a sea port in Ariaria market & Onitsha main market, so the FG must dredge the Atlantic ocean into the East via Akwa Ibom. IPOB members will pay for the project. 🥴

3 Likes

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Dream25: 8:10pm On Mar 07
AcuraZDX:

Sharrap.

Indomie noodles sold for 50 naira is now 300 naira.

It's also happening under a Yoruba man.

Dolla that was 500 in the official market is now 1600 under the same Yoruba man.

People are now dying just by ordinary leg marching under a Yoruba man.
Where was indomie sold for #50 last march?..
Where do you also get your dollar for 500 last year January..

You talk as if we are all ignorance of the state of things last year before Tinubu took over..

Tinubu only problem is that he supported the enthronement of Buhari, he's trying to bring Nigeria out of economic woes..

2 Likes

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Goodlady(f): 8:12pm On Mar 07
Make we no hear say this Oga Bello too dey chop money like Sahijo!

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by EmmyDJourno: 8:20pm On Mar 07
Paraman:

Finish the Port first and see what happens; Igbos are the masters of new money, we be all of una Oga😎

2 Likes

Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Exjoker(m): 8:33pm On Mar 07
tunjijones:
But what is the main reason that makes eastern business men always neglect this port and always chose to import through Lagos port.

Na question I ask ooo, no be quarrel cos I trust Una...
Security is the major reason I think... Piracy impede the growth of the eastern port...
Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by mannobi(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07
Our people will still scream they hate us. That's why they didn't make the Eastern manhood to function
Re: Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA by Maxtipulation(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07
Chucks13:

Stop wasting your data replying him. All I know is Tinubu have 8 years to spend in power either they like it or not.

And you have more protest to do for that period of time cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Cedes 20% Ecological Fund to Secure Nigeria’s Borders / Fr Mbaka - I Never Supported Biafra / Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.