Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money (35705 Views)

Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN / Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs / Dino Melaye: FG Can't Give Nigerians COVID-19 Vaccine Without Research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by clearcrystal: 12:27pm On Mar 08
Macphenson:

Oh woow, thats good. Pls give me more details. How much is their decoder, How much is their monthly subscription with how many channels, where can I get it in Ajah Lagos. What about their Movie channels. are they using MNET? and how many of them?

DSTV is just a bunch of mess, am only managing them because of football.

Decoder is 25k
5k montly subscription
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by clearcrystal: 12:31pm On Mar 08
Worksunlimited:

A satellite television that doesn't have a website of its own... It is well

Dey play oooo dey play

https://sltvpro.com/

1 Like

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Palmyra: 12:36pm On Mar 08
Psady:
Is that so? What location please,it's my first hearing about them.

Is everywhere, they're in existence long ago...I'm an installer and dealer, you can reach me on zero eight one, 4 three 7 four 15 thirty one....you will always have good value for what you paid. πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by VULCAN(m): 12:38pm On Mar 08
Nigerian, Raise your very low standards

The government announces something with no details whatsoever and you refer to that as a good gesture.

You know nothing about the coverage, the cost, the clarity or even what channels are available but you call it a good gesture.

If it looks like a zombie, sounds like a zombie

Its a zombie

Okete001:

Hehehe

Biafran, learn to appreciate good gestures

1 Like

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Hopez456(m): 12:51pm On Mar 08
Worksunlimited:

This can't be the website cos if it is, it's very sad
Sadly that's what it is.
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by clearcrystal: 1:00pm On Mar 08
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Judolisco(m): 1:15pm On Mar 08
clearcrystal:

A dish + Decoder
I did some research online and found out dat it's dstv channels
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by clearcrystal: 1:39pm On Mar 08
Judolisco:
I did some research online and found out dat it's dstv channels

Says who, DSTV does'nt own SuperSport channels
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by jacoik(m): 2:44pm On Mar 08
clearcrystal:
I've been using SLTV decoder since September 2023.
With 5k monthly subscription, you will watch all the S sport channels and more.
I don't believe this. Guy, can you please be honest to us? 5k and you watch the whole matches super sport show? For real
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Exceed15: 2:48pm On Mar 08
clearcrystal:

Really?
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Exceed15: 2:50pm On Mar 08
They don't operate for long before crashing. DStv need a strong competitor.
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by jacoik(m): 2:51pm On Mar 08
Tstv come to mind. Lie Mohammad told us such years back, he even said fg will give tstv 2 years tax free.
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Judolisco(m): 3:20pm On Mar 08
clearcrystal:

Says who, DSTV does'nt own SuperSport channels
ino know oh.. I gats get d decoder bdat... I jst made my research an multichoice is d owner of SuperSport and also the owner of dstv
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by akeju900: 4:21pm On Mar 08
Sounds to me like government, or George Akume, has told his Senior Special Assistant (Technical), Prof. Babatunde Bernard to sell us private TV. Or is government backing with money?Sounds to me like government, or George Akume, has told his Senior Special Assistant (Technical), Prof. Babatunde Bernard to sell us private TV. Or is government backing with money?...
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Palmyra: 4:41pm On Mar 08
jacoik:
I don't believe this. Guy, can you please be honest to us? 5k and you watch the whole matches super sport show? For real
That's the truth, apart from that; you can also use their decoder to receive other free to air satellites if you get a good installer...and if you're in Lagos and environment, I will clear your doubts πŸ˜‰.
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Allisgud: 4:44pm On Mar 08
If this will make dstv sweat πŸ’¦ in their yansh and make their services pay as u go it's a welcome idea,they should also do same to dangote cement
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by DigitB: 5:07pm On Mar 08
Will it be Pay Per View?
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by kingsclass: 6:43pm On Mar 08
Administration1:
That court of appeal judgement will be revoked at the supreme Court, just wait an see, those Multichoice guys are really going to make sure they ruin the SLTV.

How I wish the Supreme court will not overturn that Rivers Appeal judgement
But the given for the appeal have elapsed,so they can't appeal again in the supreme Court.
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by achi4u(m): 6:51pm On Mar 08
Macphenson:
Will they show Premier league and champions league? If they can, then they have the market, if not they are joking.
Thats the only reason why a lot of Nigerians still subscribe to that exploitative and useless DSTV.

They're really trying, I've been using it since last year, just sub 5k and enjoy yourself.
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by achi4u(m): 6:58pm On Mar 08
ufotunang:
...ok and do they show English premier league live matches, Spanish, Italian ,french league, UEFA champions league, WWE wrestling matches are they better than DStv...I am just asking
Everything as you mentioned with ur monthly 5k
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by jacoik(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08
Palmyra:

That's the truth, apart from that; you can also use their decoder to receive other free to air satellites if you get a good installer...and if you're in Lagos and environment, I will clear your doubts πŸ˜‰.
please, I live around Isashi/ iba. How can I get it and how much does it cost
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by armadeo(m): 7:53pm On Mar 08
With netflix and amazon prime + download option who still watches pay TV.
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Babaibeji2020(m): 8:14pm On Mar 08
hemarnuael:

Please which one is FTA
Free To Air..FTA
...Ask an installer about free to air decoder. It's magical.
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Palmyra: 10:17pm On Mar 08
jacoik:
please, I live around Isashi/ iba. How can I get it and how much does it cost
N27500 for the decoder and one month subscription..
U can reach me on zero 8 one, four 3 seven 4 fifteen 31. U will understand better when you begin to use it.
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by jacoik(m): 6:54am On Mar 09
Palmyra:

N27500 for the decoder and one month subscription..
U can reach me on zero 8 one, four 3 seven 4 fifteen 31. U will understand better when you begin to use it.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜† lolxxxxx hahahaha cheiiiiiiii!!!! Dis phone number na hell. It took me almost ten minutes before I understand it's phone number ooooo. Okay. I go ring you letter today, my number end with 99
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by lildush(m): 8:05am On Mar 10
pode:
Hope this one will not end up like the story of TSTV

Sure it will.. business in Nigeria is all about cashing out. Not sustainability.. soon as the owner gotten money for a big house car and extra money in d account. He wunt care if the business continues or not... Dat is the mentality of a typical Nigerian 🀣🀣🀣
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by adedayoa2(f): 9:23am On Apr 25
clearcrystal:
please do you have their customer care number?
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by 7lives: 10:11am On Apr 25
Palmyra:

This is cool.
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Teymanhenry(f): 6:21am On Apr 28
Stevenson20:
I pray it will be better than DSTV. Those xenophobics have raped us severally without condom.

If this new one proves to be better than Multichoice, I'll sell my decoder to aboki that deals on iron condemn.

It doesn't need to be better. They should just give us better value for money that's all we need. DSTV have used us for far too long
Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Objectivist04: 9:32am On Apr 28
Aside pay per view, another plan I will suggest for pay tv operators is " channel selection"
A lot of people don't watch up to 1/4 of channels in their plan , so why not make it this way.
Tag price on channels, you can price sport channel at a premium since they paid hugely to obtain the right.
Let's say any other channel costs #200 per month while sports channels cost #400 per month. I can decide to select
Arise tv. 200
Channels 200
TVC. 200
Afia tv. 200
BBC. 200
Aljezera 200
3 diff sports channels 1200
That means I will pay 2400 for the month while other channels not subscribe should be blocked.
I think this is a very good idea that will enable every one to select their preferred channels and pay only for them. They can triple the price of EPL or UEFA Champions league channels if they like .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obiano Holds Mass Burial For Unclaimed Bodies Of Fuel Tanker Victims (Pic) / 'Revolution Now' Protest By Sowore: Live Updates On August 5th Protest / Zahra Buhari's Wedding Plans Unveiled, As President Meets Ahmed Indimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.