Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) (2211 Views)

Man Unblocks Girlfriend To Inform Her Of His Wedding And Blocks Her Again / Help! How Do I Inform Her Of This / My Brother In-law Sends Me 1 Million Monthly but warned never To Inform anyone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by Printme1: 11:39am On Mar 08
I've been getting these messages and I believe some of you are also getting the same messages.

This is the handiwork of scammers and not someone in need begging for help.

Why did I say this?

For one, sending this message to hundreds or even thousands of Nigerians costs a lot of money.

They are either sending this one by one at the cost of N4 per message, which cost about N4,000 per 1000 messages.

Or they are using a bulk SMS platform to send out these messages.

Someone who is really hungry and desperate will not think of spending the little they have on this project because they want to eat first.

Hence, this message is a project run by someone with sufficient funds hoping to cash out more than they are putting in.

In other words, this is a scammer doing business.

A lot of people get emotional easily and will send their hard earned money to these scammers.

Please don't. And tell your older parents who easily fall victim to these sorts of things because they trust too easily.

These messages are probably sent to thousands or millions of people. That's not money a poor person can utilize easily.

Thanks you

Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by willi926(m): 1:25pm On Mar 08
This one no be scam na. He/ she is soliciting and begging. It's left for the person to send funds or decline the message. I have seen it once on my SMS, did I send money? No. Why cos me self dey find money

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by BigYash: 4:31pm On Mar 08
willi926:
This one no be scam na. He/ she is soliciting and begging. It's left for the person to send funds or decline the message. I have seen it once on my SMS, did I send money? No. Why cos me self dey find money
Abi o
Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by Rexymania(m): 6:43pm On Mar 08
The person they joke... It's not scam actually
Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by marsup: 7:16pm On Mar 08
Printme1:
thank you sir. I appreciate it smiley
I think he must have called already.
Don't worry, I will make sure he patronizes you. Just do a good job, and you will surely get plenty clients.
Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by marsup: 10:28am On Mar 11
Printme1:
thank you sir. I appreciate it smiley
someone gave you a job to do. You asked for 5k out of 15k, and you were given.
Why won't you send the progress of the job before asking for more money?
Stop acting like a scammer pls. You will only destroy your little reputation.

1 Like

Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by marsup: 10:49am On Mar 11
Printme1:
lolz.

Are you the one?

Let's assume you referred the person to me. So, Let me tell you what happened.

He paid 5k for domain name and hosting. Yesterday I bought the domain name and installed WordPress.

The website went live before his very eyes. The website address I started working on is foodnstuff.com.ng

You can visit the link and confirm it's live yourself.

I bought the domain and hosting with the initial 5k he sent to me. Plus I configured the website and it went live.

I told him that to commence development, he need to make a deposit of 5k from my development fee of 15k.

But he said no that I want to scam him. If I wanted to scam him of 5k, why would I spend the initial 5k he sent on buying a domain name and hosting?

He's there insulting me for nothing.

He said he expected you to do the designs before buying a domain name. I only saw you advert here and decided to refer your to someone who needed it.
I just don't want to be caught in the middle of things like this. The money isn't worth the fuss.
Are you gonna do it or not?
Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by marsup: 10:52am On Mar 11
[quote author
Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by marsup: 11:06am On Mar 11
Printme1:

Am I going to do it?

I'm already doing it. He's the one not doing his part of the job.

Or is there no evidence here foodnstuff.com.ng that I bought and hosted the website?

He's just been unreasonable

My agreement is simple and clear. You either buy your domain and hosting and you come and make an initial payment of 5k and I start working on your website.

Or you send that with your initial fee and I buy the domain and hosting and either ways the work goes on.

He's trying to scam me as well by not keeping to his end.

Tell him that I'm raising his price to 20k. He won't just insult me without evidence and think we can just assume working together again.
please don't be an ass. Someone gave you a little change to do a design, you skipped to the end without doing the first things, and you're mouthing off. I will personally make the payment, for you to finish the job, only because I have foolishly done the introduction. How much are you asking for again as the down payments for the designs?
Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by marsup: 11:43am On Mar 11
Printme1:
continue insulting me for what I'm very very innocent of.

The domain name is valid for one year. But the hosting is 1 month.

Your website foodnstuff.com.ng will remain available for anyone to visit for one month.

After 1 month, your hosting will expire and it'll go offline.

But your domain will remain valid for one full year.

And no, I'm not taking 15k from you again. It'll be 20k with initial deposit of 10k before we can commence working together again.

God knows I've been truthful to you all along yet you choose to drag my name in the mud for nothing.

Only God will reward you for this.
I am not the one in need of a website.
I was only doing you a favor. Let it go bro, and do what you advertised. Peace
Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by marsup: 1:01pm On Mar 11
Printme1:
I am doing what I advertised. 💯
Thanks. If there's anything, pls let me know.
Re: New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) by Godsongang: 8:15am On Mar 12
Both side dey on guard, na Nigeria cause am.

I don't see any scam here

(1) (Reply)

Sex Before Marriage / Gave My Life To Christ,my Girlfriend Of 4yrs Says No Way Out. / What Do You Do When Your Friend Tells. You This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.