Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room (56658 Views)

Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? / Why Did You Marry In The First Place. / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by naija4life247: 5:12pm On Mar 14
Ance4Liverpool:
Dont wait till u live in a mansion b4 u marry. Any girl that marries you in this one room is a wife material that can adapt to any condision, though its very hard to find

Any girl that marries a senseless man in this one room is nothing but a cursed vagabond
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by biggie73(m): 5:14pm On Mar 14
Yes, just do the needful. It's unfortunate we now place relevance on material stuff. Do what you have to do now.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by MrCover: 5:15pm On Mar 14
Why not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Jewessgratitud3: 5:15pm On Mar 14
ednut1:
keep deceiving yaself

That you didn't enjoy certain luxury as a child doesn't mean others didn't. I'm telling you something you're telling me I'm deceiving myself.

I was born and brought up at awolowo road ikoyi and You can't get any one room apartment there those days, not even now.

It was during my university days I moved to the mainland where people pack themselves like sardines inside one room.

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by albert2512: 5:17pm On Mar 14
Jewessgratitud3:
It's the color for me be looking color riot..

Can a man marry in this kind of room? Be sincere

Love is sweeter in small spaces. But I won't advise they breed here.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by NELLY1990: 5:17pm On Mar 14
Just advertise ur room to the whole world. Nawa o.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Awesome01(m): 5:18pm On Mar 14
I married into a one room like this in Lagos. Mine is not even nice like this one. Today, I am my own landlord, having tenants soon.

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by victorazy(m): 5:18pm On Mar 14
Jewessgratitud3:

Is called Studio apartment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Thewesterner(m): 5:18pm On Mar 14
All most all Gen Z will reply NO... NEVER...
Dey play
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by SPAMBOX7: 5:21pm On Mar 14
Only fools and weak men with no options reason marriage in this generation.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Agunesinjaweola: 5:23pm On Mar 14
Some that are married are not having privilege of a better place like this.

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by edogu(m): 5:27pm On Mar 14
Jewessgratitud3:

I don't see anything wrong with this room. I and my wife started with self-contained room before we moved to two bedroom apartment. Infact, our first child was six to seven months before we packed out. It all comes down to understanding between the couple involve.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by 96ACE: 5:28pm On Mar 14
humilitypays:
if he marries you living in this single room, as a creative good lady, you ought to bring in some creativity that shows you are a woman, how?

Get a beautiful curtain design to demarcate the bed space side from the sitting side and you guys have a room and parlor apartment.

You can even use your own personal savings as a lady to get all those decorative plywood to demarcate it to get a bedroom and a sitting room while you guys put effort together to grow your finances so that you can get your dream apartment and create a more prosperous future together for your upcoming kids.

Don't despise the days of little beginning dear single ladies.

My now rich Pastor said he married his wife in a single room face me I face you, and it's not as if they are too old now, they are in their early fifties and late forties, and the wife is a beauty to behold and she was even working in a better job than the husband when she agreed to marry him.

So op, if you are truly a good Christian and a cool headed lady like you do portray yourself here, marrying a man living in this apartment wouldn't be a problem for you.
Very thoughtful of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by yesloaded: 5:29pm On Mar 14
Jewessgratitud3:

No no no

At least a room & parlour is fine if you cannot afford a flat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by tenpipsperday: 5:30pm On Mar 14
NoSmoking:

Lol

I don't like too many things in a room

I like to see space

Then go to Sambisa naa
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by 96ACE: 5:30pm On Mar 14
mysticwarrior:
This one no better past men wey dey marry women put for family house?
No be lie, Real matters grin
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by PointZerom: 5:31pm On Mar 14
madone:
What are you saying some pf your brothersin uk live in this kind of rooms with their wife. The ones in UAE are worse they even sleep on student beds. These werr people who are better and still better tham many tyoing trash here. For anyone who cares to rewd what i wrote dont let anyone fool you. Marriage has no laydown principles just find someone you love who lives tiu baxk and ready to grow with you.

Don't mind them.
I was telling them the other day how people are sleeping in pako houses in Canada they said I was lying.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by inforesource: 5:31pm On Mar 14
I would rather like to see the person's mental room and his inner kitchen
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by bolabadmus38: 5:32pm On Mar 14
Cool. I know of a friend that started with ned furniture and laid mat on ,used ordinary clothes as curtains even a boys quarters which sewage chamber passes through his room. But today he lives comfortably in atgree bedroom with the same girl that beacame his wife. We should learn to start small sometimes
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by weedfada(m): 5:32pm On Mar 14
You kidding me right. I personally see nothing wrong with this living space. Lots of couples are living happily, peacefully and forging ahead in worse situations.... Lots of millionaires got married in far worse conditions than this. I personally know of a Banks' top executive, who got married to her husband in a face me I face you room. Heck! she even had one of her siblings living with them in that same space. Today she and her husband are fucking millionaires (and I'm being modest), giving out cars, scholarships etc like pure water. Don't wanna let out too many details for privacy sake.

Y'all really need to look beyond all these ephemeral type of things when it comes to settling down with someone you love. But hey, to each his own I guess.

To answer the question, Yes I can!
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by PointZerom: 5:33pm On Mar 14
naija4life247:

Any girl that marries a senseless man in this one room is nothing but a cursed vagabond

Do you know how much a room like this goes in VI lagos?
Marrying from here doesn't make you a failure.

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by seunayantokun(m): 5:34pm On Mar 14
It is a good small beginning.
So, yes if
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by geoworldedu: 5:35pm On Mar 14
naija4life247:

People can marry in any number of rooms. It's not everybody that will end up with a rich man. They can marry from there and become greater, get a 2 bedroom or 3 later. I've seen that kind many times.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by PointZerom: 5:37pm On Mar 14
96ACE:

No be lie, Real matters grin

The insult and abuse no be here o.

I know one guy that did it, his wife has to runaway, refuses to come back unless the guy rents a house.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by pansophist(m): 5:39pm On Mar 14
There is a reason why if you are learning to drive a car, they always teach you with a manual car, which is more challenging than an automatic car.

And it's simply because, in life, hard mode is the default. Easy mode and luxury are privileges/exceptions. If everything in life fails you, then by your very existence, you are thriving in hard mode.

Having the above in mind, it is a very narrow worldview to expect a man to marry only when he is living large, especially when ''living large'' is not the default.

If you advise a single man not to marry in such an accommodation, would you also advise a married man to divorce his wife if he can't afford a mansion anymore due to life's problems?

If you would expect a woman to still be with her husband during challenging times, then why advise a man who is just starting life not to marry in such an apartment? Or advice a woman not to marry such a man? There should be consistency.

Whats also the usefulness of such a wife if she is just intending to "move in", instead work and "build with" her man? What's the usefulness of her education and growth then?

This is not an encouragement for women to marry losers, but not all broke people are losers. Some men just need sunlight, watering, and photosynthesis to blossom. Team up with him. Nigeria is hard. Being wealthy is not the norm in Nigeria.

Everyone is playing the game of life at different levels, or in different stages. If you go to the deepest poorest village anywhere, humans will still form families and thrive in it.

If two people mean well to each other, I don't see a reason why a woman and a man can't marry in such an apartment and keep working hard to move into a better place. Most of our parents started like that.

This generation and materialism. Na wa

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by ikevictor: 5:39pm On Mar 14
Aarh! Boys wey de live for this kain room can knack for Africa eeh!

They slaughter anything wey wear pant, including their own neighbors teenage daughters...

3 Likes

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by spartachico(m): 5:40pm On Mar 14
Yes but no child bearing,must move out before wife gets pregnant
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by youngrichnigga: 5:41pm On Mar 14
This is a luxurious room na, people marry into even decrepit rooms with mattress on the floor. So many of the rich families today started out of single rooms (mother, father and children (some other family members), the unrealistic expectations of many youths is what's keeping them from marrying undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by AfroBeatDiary: 5:41pm On Mar 14
harjay1986:

Dey play my first two year we no entertain anyone until we move to my site

Most definitely you don't procreate within those periods.

We had my child 9 months after our wedding, 2 months to arrival I shouted! My Father My Father!! We need a bigger apartment and it happened!

It's not easy getting married in a environment like this but perfect for a bachelor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by MemoriesAndMe: 5:42pm On Mar 14
Jewessgratitud3:

Yeah but the curtain looks old and dull

Thanks curtains can be replaced with a newer one, it doesn't stop the man from marrying whoever loves him in his current state.
Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by Pisol(m): 5:46pm On Mar 14
GenderMix:
It looks small. Every man wants the best for himself but not all can afford their dream and that doesn't mean he's a failure or should be deprived of marriage if he's willing. People start small especially those that try to cut their clothes according to their cloth.

Any forward thinking man with good ambition can marry In this room, nothing wrong.

Mine was worse than this . Lol.... I had a plan, and i was lucky to marry a lady with common sense and beauty for that matter. Funnily, we didn't spend up to 3 years in a rented apartment before we built our house. Today , some of our rooms are empty because the house bigger than our number. We have a well furnished garden where the kids can play. Today we are on our 3rd house in my state.

See we are less than 40yrs. Sometimes it's good for ladies to be humble and just focus on ambition. Every other thing will fall in place with time. Looking at colours or shape of cotton is absolutely childish and misleading.

We all have a choice anyways. I am not here to brag but to encourage young people who are keeping the focus. A critical questions the lady should ask is 'What am I bringing to the table'

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room by millionboi2: 5:46pm On Mar 14
Jewessgratitud3:

Lol.. me too I like a very spacious apartment. Can't marry a man living in this kind of room.
na ppl like you dey force men put hand for wetin pass them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obituary Of 193 Year Old Woman As Family Claims / 10 Things Only Men With Pregnant Wives Understand (Pictures) / My Uncles 2nd Wife Is Still A Virgin @ 41

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.