Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos (24132 Views)

NEED BUILDING APPROVAL, APPROVAL DOCUMENTATION in NIG.? WHATSAPP 08069253261 / YOU WANT BUILDING APPROVAL, Approval documentation in NIGERIA?call 08069253261 / ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAN,BUILDING PLAN DOCUMENT,BUILDING APPROVAL & CONSTRUTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Macphenson: 7:43pm On Mar 09
kk
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:43pm On Mar 09
Well done
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by jumich1(m): 7:43pm On Mar 09
Thank you for the detailed report op and congratulations, I tap from your grace of doing the right thing at the right time!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by JAMO84: 7:43pm On Mar 09
I thank God say I don build my small place since, where I for see money build house now, that cement is 11k

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by oluwaseyi0: 7:44pm On Mar 09
How many floor is the building

Approval over 3m?, that's much

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Strafudeen: 7:44pm On Mar 09
JAMO84:
I thank God say I don build my small place since, where I for see money build house now, that cement is 11k

8k now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 7:46pm On Mar 09
My own cent,building in Lagos is now scary make sure you use a registered surveyor,and at that sef ,the way there demolishing anyhow now hmmm

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by delzbaba(m): 7:46pm On Mar 09
ojasweb:
Some important things to be considered are:

* The setback from road should be at least 30 feets.

* The setback from the street should be at least 20 feets.

* The setback from the other plots should be at least 20 feets.

* Construction beyond 1st floor will be supervised by LASBCA officers from the headquarter at each stage.

* We performed a couple of tests including soil test and some i could not remember.

* Some agencies i can remember are LASEMA, TOWN PLANNING, LASEPA, LSMTL.

* Local council also brought some letters.

* During the construction, no any form of disturbance from anyone.

* The estimated cost for the approval for this project was slightly above 3,000,000.

Note! Tax is mandatory!
please was it Lagos state tax or federal tax clearance?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Mac2016(m): 7:47pm On Mar 09
ojasweb:
Most of the requirements from the LASBCA inspection are technical and handled by the engineer.

The major ones i remember is a mandatory mat for ground slab (german floor), and the spaces between rings for columns.
Why did they make mat mandatory for german floor? Some engrs dey overdo.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by abbiboy: 7:48pm On Mar 09
House never start just approval one is spending 3milla, does lagos state think everything is about IGR or making it conducive for people that want to build following proper construction standard. undecided

13 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by soloravely: 7:49pm On Mar 09
Bro more update please.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Adewale1603(m): 7:50pm On Mar 09
Lagos and wahala

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Ofunaofu: 7:50pm On Mar 09
Strafudeen:

8k now

It should be 5k or below where the current government met

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by 4KNGOATS(m): 7:51pm On Mar 09
Regardless:
This is great. Lagos is really setting the precedent I can't lie. The whole states should follow put. I've never seen this meticulous inspection in Delta here.
And despite all these inspections buildings still collapses every day

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by AlphaSoul: 7:51pm On Mar 09
ojasweb:
Let me make this disclaimer before i open the thread.

This thread is my personal experience on getting a building approval in Lagos, and it might not be the same for everyone else.

Also, things might have changed depending on the time you're reading the post.

Lastly, i might not remember everything involved since i contracted the process to a more experienced person.

The process began in September, 2023.

Insightful.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Kurumaru: 7:53pm On Mar 09
THOUGH I CANT UNDERSTAND UR INTENT OF BRINGING UP THIS TOPIC.
FROM THE ASSESSMENT U UPLOADED ABOVE, UR APPLICATION IS A COMMERCIAL ONE...

U ALSO MODULED UP THE ACTIVITIES OF THE LAGOS STATE PHYSICAL PLANNING AND PERMIT AUTHORITY (LASPPPA) AND YHE LAGOS STATE BUILDING CONTROL AGENCY (LASBCA).

FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION,

for your Building plan approvals: go to LAGOS STATE PHYSICAL PLANNING AND PERMIT AUTHORITY (LASPPPA).

for ur Letter of Authorization to commence construction and subsequently Stage certification after u commence construction: LAGOS STATE BUILDING CONTROL AGENCY (LASBCA).

For Safety Certificates , boards etc: go to the LAGOS STATE SAFETY COMMISSION.

for Material and cube sample testing : go to LAGOS STATE MATERIAL TESTING LABORATORY.

Others are

If building close to any water body: LAGOS STATE MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT (DRAINAGE DEPT)

Local Government ( department of environment).; u have to keep ur sites clean.

FEDERAL FIRE SERVICE.

Note : LAGOS STATE PHYSICAL PLANNING AND PERMIT AUTHORITY (LASPPPA) IS ALSO KNOWN INFORMALLY AS THE TOWN PLANNING.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by SSpeter(m): 7:56pm On Mar 09
Mac2016:

very unnecessary, they could have just used wire mesh

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by PastorOlokonla: 7:58pm On Mar 09
I will never build now. This is the best opportunity to buy distressed properties of those who built cheap.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Offpoint1: 7:58pm On Mar 09
Humans just have ways of milking themselves. Why do one need to pay anything for inspections/approval? Imagine over 3m for just inspection/approval, what are the money used for? What's the logic behind that money? The earthly government just turn humans to their jakis

9 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Watinhapen(m): 8:00pm On Mar 09
All these unnecessary protocols just to build a house. You spent above 3 million just to get approval. How much will the real building now take. Lagos and extorting people 5&6.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by AngelicBeing: 8:01pm On Mar 09
cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Gifted4all(m): 8:02pm On Mar 09
Very insightful information.I am currently on the same process of getting a building approval from lagos State government
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by rafcrown(m): 8:03pm On Mar 09
CAN POOR PEOPLE BREATHE WELL IN THAT COUNTRY?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by laplace19(m): 8:05pm On Mar 09
Mac2016:

Mat helps to prevent cracks for foundations where the land is swampy. Because capillary action will exert pressure on the surface of the oversight concrete and the mat (reinforcements) help to prevent the floor from cracking...
However, considering the cost of reinforcements, BRC mesh would have helped minimise cost and achieve the same result.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by mutabi: 8:06pm On Mar 09
How long did the whole process take?
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by princejones(m): 8:10pm On Mar 09
Very detailed
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Exousiang01: 8:14pm On Mar 09
4KNGOATS:

And despite all these inspections buildings still collapses every day
It was because of those building collapsing that the government became hard with the inspections.
You people should try thinking before talking.
Did you not see that the engineers were arrested the last time?

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by tommy589(m): 8:16pm On Mar 09
You still have safety and the others to contend with. For a storey building or two,most clients won't go through this process involving 3mil when less payment could be done locally

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by 4KNGOATS(m): 8:19pm On Mar 09
Exousiang01:

It was because of those building collapsing that the government became hard with the inspections.
You people should try thinking before talking.
Did you not see that the engineers were arrested the last time?

Mumu how many buildings can you vouch for when it comes to structural integrity when you know that any rich mugu can just bribe his way through the whole process. sadly you should be the one doing that critical thinking before opening your dirty trap

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Jokerman(m): 8:20pm On Mar 09
Yampotatocarrot:
Above 3m for approval, when person never even begin build...

Have you finished the building, that's when you can say there was no other payment... Have you paid Baale of the area for roofing!?

There's Baale fee for every decking too
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Jokerman(m): 8:21pm On Mar 09
abbiboy:
House never start just approval one is spending 3milla, does lagos state think everything is about IGR or making it conducive for people that want to build following proper construction standard. undecided
that's why people will keep counting corners
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Jokerman(m): 8:22pm On Mar 09
Mac2016:

Mat is needed for swampy areas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? / Another Building Collapses In Lagos / A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.