Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? (1729 Views)

Should I Forgive Her?? / Should I Forgive My Girlfriend Or Breakup With Her? Please I Need Advice / Should I Forgive Her Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Peacefulplace: 9:17pm On Mar 09
I caught my husband flirting in multiple women's comments when we were first together and engaged. I told him he cannot do that. He then stopped. But then I found out he was following ex's and other women alot on Facebook. I mean like 100+ other women with very inappropriate photos.

I told him to stop. He stopped for awhile and then I found out he did it again. I told him off again and so far he never did these things again as far as I know.

But tonight he told me that the two women that were accusing him of cheating, he actually was cheating with in the beginning when he first proposed to me.

Not cheating on person, just cheating online. He had me believing they were crazy. Only now, 8 months later did he tell me... In total though, we have known each other 2 two years. So it's been a long time.

I am so upset. He does not do well when I cry. He does not like it. So I excused myself to cry. He told me not to get upset, but I feel betrayed.

We are getting married this month and now I am so worried upset with him. I am 31 and he is 30. I am a Australian woman and he is a Igbo man. I am moving across the world to be with him. I have visited him many times but I decided to stick by him and marry him.

I am very upset with him and hurting from within. I am trying to deal with this pain but it is a lot. Should I continue to stay by my man? Or should I leave? So far he has not cheated for quite awhile and I am hoping he has learnt his lesson. .
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Joey4321: 9:21pm On Mar 09
Peacefulplace:
I caught my husband flirting in multiple women's comments when we were first together and engaged. I told him he cannot do that. He then stopped. But then I found out he was following ex's and other women alot on Facebook. I mean like 100+ other women with very inappropriate photos.

I told him to stop. He stopped for awhile and then I found out he did it again. I told him off again and so far he never did these things again as far as I know.

But tonight he told me that the two women that were accusing him of cheating, he actually was cheating with in the beginning when he first proposed to me.

Not cheating on person, just cheating online. He had me believing they were crazy. Only now, 8 months later did he tell me...

I am so upset. He does not do well when I cry. He does not like it. So I excused myself to cry. He told me not to get upset, but I feel betrayed.

We are getting married this month and now I am so worried upset with him. I am 31 and he is 30. I am a Australian woman and he is a Igbo man. I am moving across the world to be with him. I have visited him many times but I decided to stick by him and marry him.

I am very upset with him and hurting from within. I am trying to deal with this pain but it is a lot. Should I continue to stay by my man? Or should I leave? So far he has not cheated for quite awhile and I am hoping he has learnt his lesson. .

Seems like he's scared of losing you.

Follow your heart and live with the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:25pm On Mar 09
Peacefulplace:

Not cheating on person, just cheating online. He had me believing they were crazy. Only now, 8 months later did he tell me...

leave where exactly? are you not the one who wants to marry a stranger you barely know (only 8months together)? so when exactly did this cheating stranger propose to you, since its only been 8months? how much other shiit he is possibly hiding?

i suggest you guys stop acting desperate and TAKE YOUR DAMN TIME to get to know one another properly.
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by elmagnifico411(m): 9:25pm On Mar 09
Shebi it's just online and it's not as if he's slept with any of these people.. if. U leave him, then he'd have the chance to bring one off them in and replace u with. If u love him like he loves u, sty with him and grow together. These things he'll surely drop later .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by mariahAngel(f): 9:26pm On Mar 09
A person who does not give you peace of mind is not worth being with.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Peacefulplace: 9:33pm On Mar 09
MrBrownJay1:

leave where exactly? are you not the one who wants to marry a stranger you barely know (only 8months together)? so when exactly did this cheating stranger propose to you, since its only been 8months? how much other shiit he is possibly hiding?

i suggest you guys stop acting desperate and TAKE YOUR DAMN TIME to get to know one another properly.

It has been two years. He proposed to me 8 months ago but we knew of each other for two years prior
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by DiskJokeyManic: 9:34pm On Mar 09
J

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Dogalmighty17: 9:37pm On Mar 09
Madam, listen to me and listen well. I am a Nigerian man. Married as well. I'm going to be brutal and frank. Your husband or fiance more appropriately, is actively cheating on you. Not just flirting, actively sleeping with other women. Marry this man at your peril.

You guys met online. He was searching for any random foreigner and you took the bait. Cut him off. There is no love in action here. You are just a tool to him.
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Peacefulplace: 9:42pm On Mar 09
Dogalmighty17:
Madam, listen to me and listen well. I am a Nigerian man. Married as well. I'm going to be brutal and frank. Your husband or fiance more appropriately, is actively cheating on you. Not just flirting, actively sleeping with other women. Marry this man at your peril.

You guys met online. He was searching for any random foreigner and you took the bait. Cut him off. There is no love in action here. You are just a tool to him.

He only got with Nigerian women before me. But it was only online. But we met on my trip to Lagos. He has never been married before and still loves with his mommy. He was a virgin before I met him. I know because... Reasons...lol. I know much about Nigerian culture and he is no yahoo boy. My brother in law even knows him, and he is igbo too.
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by funshint(m): 9:42pm On Mar 09
I won't tell you what to do but; firstly a serial cheat hardly changes. And secondly go for the option you think will give you peace.
Is he remorseful when you cry or tells you bluntly he doesn't like it?
If it's the second; then that's control. *Red flag.
How much of these tears are you willing to shed after marriage if you decide to marry him. Just ponder on that.
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Peacefulplace: 9:43pm On Mar 09
Peacefulplace:

He only got with Nigerian women before me. But it was only online. But we met on my trip to Lagos. He has never been married before and still loves with his mommy. He was a virgin before I met him. I know because... Reasons...lol. I know much about Nigerian culture and he is no yahoo boy. My brother in law even knows him, and he is igbo too.

But I know how these Yahoo boys work. You can catch them so easily. You don't know. I swear. They are like snakes!
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Peacefulplace: 9:44pm On Mar 09
mariahAngel:
A person who does not give you peace of mind is not worth being with.

I understand

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Peacefulplace: 9:47pm On Mar 09
funshint:
I won't tell you what to do but; firstly a serial cheat hardly changes. And secondly go for the option you think will give you peace.
He's he remorseful when you cry or tells you bluntly he doesn't like it?
If it's the second; then that's control. *Red flag.
How much of these years are you willing to shed after marriage if you decide to marry him. Just ponder on that.

He doesn't like because his mommy cries for the wrong reasons and this is why he is triggered by crying. He thinks it means I am angry with him or think somehow so bad of him. But it is not the case. Thank you for the insight though. I will really think about this one
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:17pm On Mar 09
Peacefulplace:
It has been two years. He proposed to me 8 months ago but we knew of each other for two years prior

i dont know if its your story who makes very little sense, or you have difficulties telling your story:

ok so below you said:

Peacefulplace:
I caught my husband flirting in multiple women's comments when we were first together and engaged.

so what you are saying above is that for roughly 2yrs of knowing this man he was "cheating" on you AND YOU GUYS GOT ENGAGED while you fully well knew he was cheating (and thereafter asked him to stop)... correct?

then you wrote:

But tonight he told me that the two women that were accusing him of cheating, he actually was cheating with in the beginning when he first proposed to me. Not cheating on person, just cheating online. He had me believing they were crazy.

have you confirmed that he actually stopped messaging these women?

Only now, 8 months later did he tell me... In total though, we have known each other 2 two years. So it's been a long time.

at least you now know the type of deceitful/untrustworthy person this man is. shouldnt you first make sure he aint doing this deceit gain before getting married? or better yet, ask yourself this simple question: what was it about you or your r/ship (In the 1st 2yrs of dating) that was lacking that he had to go seek validation from other women online?

...and you have the right to be, but you sound like someone who is like has to "settle for less" or accept something that you aint down with? why the rush? cant you wait until this man does right by you before you marry him?

I am very upset with him and hurting from within. I am trying to deal with this pain but it is a lot. Should I continue to stay by my man? Or should I leave? So far he has not cheated for quite awhile and I am hoping he has learnt his lesson.

YES you should stay with him but you definitely should wait until he shows you that he is the PERFECT MAN for you to marry, and not some 2nd/3rd best option. the fact that you even write that:"he hasnt cheated for a while", as if this is an achievement. NEWSFLASH: he shouldnt do that to begin with! here is a clue: you shouldnt even have to tell him to stop... if he really wanted you like that (aka as the woman he wants to spend his life with) then you wouldnt have to tell him to stop trying to get with other women online or whatever, because he wouldnt even think of other women like that.

if you believe that a man ho had no respect for you nor your r/ship will suddenly stop (because thats what YOU want) then you have a lot to learn about men. so far we know, he could just be more careful now. remember: you cant change a man, no woman on earth has ever succeeded.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Jman06(m): 10:27pm On Mar 09
He hasn't cheated in real life, just flirting online. Not saying that's good though but I think you should forgive him and go on with the marriage since he's remorseful.

However, you've got to sound a note of warning to him that there won't be anymore grace of forgiveness for him if he ever strays once again.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by funshint(m): 10:35pm On Mar 09
Peacefulplace:

He doesn't like because his mommy cries for the wrong reasons and this is why he is triggered by crying. He thinks it means I am angry with him or think somehow so bad of him. But it is not the case. Thank you for the insight though. I will really think about this one
Did he tell you that or you've once observed the mum crying "for the wrong reason"?
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Peacefulplace: 10:49pm On Mar 09
MrBrownJay1:

i dont know if its your story who makes very little sense, or you have difficulties telling your story:

ok so below you said:

so what you are saying above is that for roughly 2yrs of knowing this man he was "cheating" on you AND YOU GUYS GOT ENGAGED while you fully well knew he was cheating (and thereafter asked him to stop)... correct?

then you wrote:

have you confirmed that he actually stopped messaging these women?

at least you now know the type of deceitful/untrustworthy person this man is. shouldnt you first make sure he aint doing this deceit gain before getting married? or better yet, ask yourself this simple question: what was it about you or your r/ship (In the 1st 2yrs of dating) that was lacking that he had to go seek validation from other women online?

...and you have the right to be, but you sound like someone who is like has to "settle for less" or accept something that you aint down with? why the rush? cant you wait until this man does right by you before you marry him?

YES you should stay with him but you definitely should wait until he shows you that he is the PERFECT MAN for you to marry, and not some 2nd/3rd best option. the fact that you even write that:"he hasnt cheated for a while", as if this is an achievement. NEWSFLASH: he shouldnt do that to begin with! here is a clue: you shouldnt even have to tell him to stop... if he really wanted you like that (aka as the woman he wants to spend his life with) then you wouldnt have to tell him to stop trying to get with other women online or whatever, because he wouldnt even think of other women like that.

if you believe that a man ho had no respect for you nor your r/ship will suddenly stop (because thats what YOU want) then you have a lot to learn about men. so far we know, he could just be more careful now. remember: you cant change a man, no woman on earth has ever succeeded.

No. I knew him as a friend two years prior. We started a relationship and got engaged after 2 years of being friends. After we got engaged he was online cheating with two other women. And he only just told me today (8 months after we got engaged)
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:55pm On Mar 09
Peacefulplace:
No. I knew him as a friend two years prior. We started a relationship and got engaged after 2 years of being friends. After we got engaged he was online cheating with two other women. And he only just told me today (8 months after we got engaged)

- so 8 months ago, you guys got engaged and started a r/ship the same day?!
- if you guys got engaged 8months ago and thats when he started cheating, when did he actually STOP cheating?
- if thats what this man is putting you through in just 8months of dating, then let me send my condolences for your future married life.

here the IMPORTANT question: why do you want to get married, if you/it sound so miserable and you have so much doubts?
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Dogalmighty17: 11:18pm On Mar 09
This is the kind of thread kobojunkie will make good input. He/she is normally prompt in posting.

Whatever has to be said, I think OP should thread with caution and not fully commit yet. If a man has you and is flirting with other women on line, that's never a good thing. You will experience worse in marriage.
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Blackfire(m): 1:37am On Mar 10
The werey here will advise you to throw him away and watch as they will slide into your DM

grin
You only changing one wahala to another werey wahala

Igbo Arch angel
Yoruba demonas

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by alphaNomega: 4:18am On Mar 10
Peacefulplace:

Not cheating on person, just cheating online. He had me believing they were crazy. Only now, 8 months later did he tell me... In total though, we have known each other 2 two years. So it's been a long time.

una no dey tire for fake stories?

it's funny that people can not tell a story is fake and will waste their time trying to make a "meaningful" contribution.
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Double0h7(f): 4:56am On Mar 10
alphaNomega:

it's funny that people can not tell a story is fake and will waste their time trying to make a "meaningful" contribution.

I’m with you! Ops sister is on here with peace something as a moniker, she too is from Australia and has an Igbo husband. That first one has been opening thread after thread about her Igbo husband for years and now this one has started her own wailing 😂😂😂
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Exousiang01: 6:04am On Mar 10
Peacefulplace:

You women are funny, this is why many men never tell the truth.
Here is a man who loves you so much, he doesn't want to keep any secrets from you.
Do you know what true imtimimacy is?
You can never have true intimacy with secrets in the heart. Standing completely naked before each other and unashamed, no guilt, no regrets, that is true intimacy, I believe that was his reason for telling you the truth.
He doesnt wanna be with you and feel guilty of anything in from his past.

Quick Question: What if he never told you? What if he went to the grave with this?

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Rokiat(f): 6:31am On Mar 10
Singing

You saw the red flags, baby, but you ignored the red flags
Now you're here, baby, you con dey vex.

I mean you are literally seeing red flags everywhere but desperation wouldn’t let you see, you are now blind.

Go ahead and fu….ck up your life.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Kobojunkie: 6:40am On Mar 10
Peacefulplace:
IWe are getting married this month and now I am so worried upset with him. I am 31 and he is 30. I am a Australian woman and he is a Igbo man. I am moving across the world to be with him. I have visited him many times but I decided to stick by him and marry him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ewvCNguug?si=Yuwd7t6MiNlKoNDf
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Peacefulplace: 6:46am On Mar 10
MrBrownJay1:

- so 8 months ago, you guys got engaged and started a r/ship the same day?!
- if you guys got engaged 8months ago and thats when he started cheating, when did he actually STOP cheating?
- if thats what this man is putting you through in just 8months of dating, then let me send my condolences for your future married life.

here the IMPORTANT question: why do you want to get married, if you/it sound so miserable and you have so much doubts?

Not the same day. We got engaged 8 months ago we have known each other as friends 2 years. We got engaged 5 months after our relationship started. So it's pretty new at the time.
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Savedday2: 7:01am On Mar 10
Madam, sorry to tell you the truth, you are an evening newspaper. All you need do is stop crying. Give him lots of dollars, he will never cheat on you again. Do u think is easy to stool so low to be knacking evening newspaper?

Of what use are u, when you can't be giving the young man a lot of money?
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Peacefulplace: 7:04am On Mar 10
alphaNomega:

How is it a fake story? I'm confused. Is cheating not something that is mentioned about on here?
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Peacefulplace: 7:07am On Mar 10
Double0h7:

I’m with you! Ops sister is on here with peace something as a moniker, she too is from Australia and has an Igbo husband. That first one has been opening thread after thread about her Igbo husband for years and now this one has started her own wailing 😂😂😂

I debut my sister is on here. I'm not sure who the person you talk of is and this comment confuses me Abit. Who is this person? I only joined this website not long ago.
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Johnwrite(m): 7:12am On Mar 10
Nobody is perfect, forgive and forget

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by badboyTee(m): 7:13am On Mar 10
DiskJokeyManic:
J
this your siggy does it work
Re: Should I Forgive My Husband For Cheating? by Freelancerr(m): 8:44am On Mar 10
Your husband to be loves you.

NB: for people who would love to read and chat their cheating partner.
My number is on my signature
WhatsApp me then I'll teach you how to read anyone's WhatsApp messages directly on your phone.

Hold your 2k cos it's not free.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Help Me Out!what Will You Do? / Would You Forgive He/she Even If You Know That He/she Is Cheating On You? / Teens Love Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.