Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Again, Nigeria Happened To Me. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Again, Nigeria Happened To Me. (177 Views)

What Happened To Me Today In A Brothel / COVID-19: Again, Nigeria Declares 132 Travellers ‘wanted’ For Allegedly Violatin / Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Again, Nigeria Happened To Me. by Ahmed4002(m): 10:52am On Mar 10
Again, Nigeria Happened To Me.

Battling toothache for weeks and running out of options with painkillers, I decided to visit the dental clinic at Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano.

The process was seamless, thanks largely to my very good friend who helped with identifying the right places to do things and even shot a video of me panicking before my extraction (I had a terrible experience some 22 years ago. I almost peed in my trousers).

In under 4 hours, I was examined, did an X-ray scan, and got 4 extractions all at the cost of less than N30,000. In fact seeing the nice and good-humored female dentist who had me confessing to all the chocolates and sugarcanes I ate from time immemorial only cost me N530 (the N30 being service charge). Payments are fully automated, like the service too. My X-ray scan was transferred in real time before I got to the next unit.

Need I mention that everything happened in under 4 hours? The staff at the extraction unit were nice too. We cracked jokes until I saw a long needle that was going to go into my gums —I defaulted to my factory settings.

Like my experience with the National Orthopaedic Hospital Dala earlier last year, it's not to say that the system doesn't need improvement. It does. But it surely works, contrary to what we say every day.

To the wonderful humans of AKTH Dental Clinic, thank you!

Similar treatment at a private facility would cost between 5X-10X of what I spent.

Or in the saner climate as most people called abroad would have cost me 5000€ or more.

God bless Nigeria.

Ahmad Muhammad Ahmad

1 Like

Re: Again, Nigeria Happened To Me. by ThinkWISELY(m): 11:31am On Mar 10
CC dominique, Sissy3

Front Page worthy, we can't keep reporting just the bad things and avoiding the good ones .

(1) (Reply)

Kidney Problems / Bumps At The Back Of My Head. / My Health Is Deteriorating Quickly.: Hepatitis And Possibly Appendicitis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.