Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,034 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra (20699 Views)

Ogun Govt Orders Demolition Of 5-storey DATKEM Plaza Owned By Funke Daniel / 5-storey Building Collapses In Apapa / 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by wittywriter: 8:45pm On Mar 10
Scrappy 5storey building...SMH
Offpointng:
My heart felt condolences goes out to the affected

To prevent sad Incidents like this in the future. I advice our Igbo blooders to join the Pro Tinubu train, support him and pray for him
iLegendd:
Engineers always hiding cement and using sand to cover up is always one of the causes.

Wittyness
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by bablon20(m): 8:46pm On Mar 10
Anambra again?
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by NaijaCover(m): 8:50pm On Mar 10
Dshocker:

Nothing is wrong with Onitsha, a house collapsed just as it collapses in and around Nigeria, as well as other part of the world.

Are You In Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Dshocker(m): 8:51pm On Mar 10
starbuck:
easy na shocked shocked shocked

I live directly opposite the building.... No one is trapped and it also means there was no rescue...
You are right, excavator has already downed some parts but yet to complete it..

Nwa Otu

5 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Dshocker(m): 8:53pm On Mar 10
post=128875357:

Are You In Onitsha

No, but i am from the Great Anambra.
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Almunjid(m): 8:53pm On Mar 10
Lol, these people and substandard building materials. Why be say dem too like fake things for that region?. Even house, na fake one dem dey build. grin

2 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Trustedpronet: 8:54pm On Mar 10
Fake materials imported from china. Cheap labour, greed and possibly blood money

4 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by NaijaCover(m): 8:55pm On Mar 10
Dshocker:

No, but i am from the Great Anambra.

Where Do you think I dey, right now?
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by frankblinkz(m): 8:56pm On Mar 10
And my own building is having underground issues.
You can literally see the base of my compound, like you can go inside this big ditch and see under the building.
It's a two story building, which we are begging our caretake to ensure it's fixed.
But he's more concerned about increasing house rent.
May God provide me with enough money to pack out soonest.

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Abufo: 8:57pm On Mar 10
post=128871533:

Source: https://punchng.com/just-in-many-feared-trapped-as-five-storey-building-collapses-in-anambra/?amp

no sign of cement in that structure....let us not talk of the rebars.......!

3 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Dshocker(m): 9:03pm On Mar 10
post=128875420:

Where Do you think I dey, right now?

Obi of Onitsha palace.

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by iramure(m): 9:03pm On Mar 10
Waiting to see Peter Obi's tweet condemning Tinubu for the collapse.
In china, they would have used 2.5 kg of cement, but in Nigeria they are using 0.005kg because if removal of petrol subsidy.... Na Obi I quote ooo

5 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by NaijaCover(m): 9:04pm On Mar 10
Dshocker:

Obi of Onitsha palace.

Inukwa ooooo
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Abagworo(m): 9:06pm On Mar 10
starbuck:

I live directly opposite the building.... No one is trapped and it also means there was no rescue...

You're correct. Nobody has been confirmed trapped in the building.

3 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by seunayantokun(m): 9:07pm On Mar 10
Substandard materials?
Less qualified human resources?
Or uninformed siting of the structure?

Cost of constant cases of building collapse is too much on us. Unbearable, please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Eriokanmi: 9:08pm On Mar 10
post=128871538:
What Is Really The Problem In This Onitsha?
Building with substandard materials. Either the owner is to blame or the contractor who used substandard materials. That's why it's necessary to be there on your site once in a while to see what the contractor is doing.
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by IsrealiIDF1: 9:11pm On Mar 10
NaijaPrince18:
The same anambra of messiah Peter Obi? How can this be?

Baaaaabooon

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Nozino: 9:15pm On Mar 10
starbuck:

Please do these houses have elevators?
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Ezmans: 9:16pm On Mar 10
immortalcrown:

Na poor engineering cause am.
also poor building materials
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by MasterTeeUSA: 9:16pm On Mar 10
Storey Building more than 3 floors should have a steel framework. Onitsha is mostly Clay and the ground will shift...one fault and it's done. We need a national standard when constructing high rise...

Nothing less than N200m - N250m gone in today's money cry sad sad angry

post=128871533:

Source: https://punchng.com/just-in-many-feared-trapped-as-five-storey-building-collapses-in-anambra/?amp
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Mear23: 9:16pm On Mar 10
You are very correct. However, the problem did not end here, getting a structural engineer or an Architect to give u professional advice relating to construction, is not really a good deal. Getting a Quantity Surveyor's advice too is really necessary because while others offer their advice based on your dream, a Quantity Surveyor's advice will be based on your pocket.
This will save a client from a lot of issues.
immortalcrown:

Na poor engineering cause am.

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Soknown: 9:20pm On Mar 10
starbuck:

It was during the high cost of cement, that the labourers started with the poor aggregate ratio but i can bet you the contractor did a well benefitting job during the foundation..

I stay at the *** floor
*** floor, interesting, is the building equipped with a lift.
I am just curious.

2 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by dammiedot(m): 9:23pm On Mar 10
NaijaPrince18:
The same anambra of messiah Peter Obi? How can this be?

This has nothing to do with Peter Obi or Tinubu.
For now we should we concerned about the health of those in the building, root cause of the issue and a way to further avoid this.
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:25pm On Mar 10
The Problem with Onitsha Clients is that they always claim they know all...

Working with an Onitsha Client as an Architect or a Professional in the building team is very rigid why, because he sees building construction as a business venture....

He sees the Architect as one who came to steal from him if your fees are higher than the best quack he contacted....
The same as other professionals....lols

Onitsha Clients don't believe that a 5 storey building needs soil Test and environmental impact assessment to know if the site was a former dumping ground for dirts....or prone to erosion...all he knows is that the next building standing is 5 storey so what are you vomiting to him??

An Onitsha Client does not even love to hear that one is a professional Architect or Engineer, they always feel intimidated by it , thus they go for who built for who is own is still standing ..... possibly one quack but smart builder .....

Even Development Authority are not allowed to interfere , because you can't tell me that a structure of 5 suspended floors doesn't have a full time supervision of the Development Authority., money must have exchanged hands ....

Just check well, the Engineer that handled this work must be a OND student from one school who is a Nephew to the wife of the Client.....lols

4 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by starbuck(f): 9:28pm On Mar 10
Soknown:

** floor, interesting, is the building equipped with a lift.
I am just curious.

No lift..

Please can you edit your quote, i have removed the floor number 🙏
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by PortHarcourtcit(m): 9:29pm On Mar 10
Dshocker:

Nothing is wrong with Onitsha, a house collapsed just as it collapses in and around Nigeria, as well as other part of the world.
I think it's OBI'S fault because all the substandard houses in Anambra were built under OBI'S administration... Instead of focusing on his primary objective he chose chasing shadows... OBI was a failure to anambra people...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Gsentme(m): 9:29pm On Mar 10
So sad.
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Dshocker(m): 9:35pm On Mar 10
PortHarcourtcit:
I think it's OBI'S fault because all the substandard houses in Anambra were built under OBI'S administration... Instead of focusing on his primary objective he chose chasing shadows... OBI was a failure to anambra people...

Obi's shadow can overshadow your entire kindred and 10th generation to come.

2 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Terrahawk: 9:37pm On Mar 10
Chai, see fake buildings in ibo land collapsing and killing people in the poorest zone in southern Nigeria. They will soon blame Tinubu for this. Pity.

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by 123papas(m): 9:38pm On Mar 10
The minimum for Onitsha na 4 storeys without lift. The higher you are the cheaper the rent cos you go get muscle by force
Pepperdemisback:

Thank God.
Na on top how many storey you too come dey so?

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Chidex50(m): 9:40pm On Mar 10
post=128871538:
What Is Really The Problem In This Onitsha?
Can u also investigate it? Na you dey write,na you dey first comment to ask questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Terrahawk: 9:41pm On Mar 10
Almunjid:
Lol, these people and substandard building materials. Why dem too like fake things in that region?. Even house, na fake one dem dey build. grin

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣. That side na fake geopolitical zone, the sadeast.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAN,BUILDING PLAN DOCUMENT,BUILDING APPROVAL & CONSTRUTION / Container Loaded Trailer Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Register Your Land Before July 31st Or Be Jailed For Fake Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.