Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra (20714 Views)

Ogun Govt Orders Demolition Of 5-storey DATKEM Plaza Owned By Funke Daniel / 5-storey Building Collapses In Apapa / 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by PHAYOL81: 6:38am On Mar 11
What? Another one?
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by PortHarcourtcit(m): 6:39am On Mar 11
Crimecity:

He also forgot to impregnate your mother.

Clown
peter obi was a colossal failure and did nothing to anambra people
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:05am On Mar 11
Crimecity:

Yes he failed to do the needful with your Ma. I agree on that.
during obi's tenure the doctors went on strike, he took anambra people money to his own family business, anambra people became poor under obi....
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by MrGerald(m): 7:23am On Mar 11
post=128871538:
What Is Really The Problem In This Onitsha?
Lol, I know the street very well.

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by MrGerald(m): 7:26am On Mar 11
starbuck:
easy na shocked shocked shocked

I live directly opposite the building.... No one is trapped and it also means there was no rescue...
You are right, excavator has already downed some parts but yet to complete it..

I know the place too
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Dalohad: 7:37am On Mar 11
Dshocker:
Onitsha is known for 7 story buildings.

Obviously the contractor cut corners, to save cost and maximize profit, now e don cast.

With the increase in the price of cement, rods and other building materials, expect more builders to try and economize and cut cost.

I saw a picture of someone building in lagos and using bamboo sticks instead of rods to cast the pillars. Trouble dey o.
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by JB4life: 7:43am On Mar 11
chariisGRACE:
When you mix concrete with poor aggregate ratio, use steel bars that are not suitable, poor foundation depth, all in a bid to save cost; future disasters like this one are certain.

Great comment.

I saw some people building a multipurpose hall with high rise walls and iron works for the roofing, but surprisingly they were using tiny rods ( 10mm) for the pillars and I kept wondering how the building will stand over time.
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Asbata(m): 10:09am On Mar 11
Na curse wey them give Yakubu they backfire.

post=128871538:
What Is Really The Problem In This Onitsha?

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Focusmind: 11:06am On Mar 11
Onitsha is just a concrete jungle, yet billions are exchanged in that place. No building control and regulation except in old GRA and Federal Housing Estate areas.
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by chimdifamous(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11
starbuck:
easy na shocked shocked shocked

I live directly opposite the building.... No one is trapped and it also means there was no rescue...
You are right, excavator has already downed some parts but yet to complete it..

I fit locate your house from the building 💯

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Sleekfingers: 2:53pm On Mar 11
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Pepperdemisback: 7:35pm On Mar 11
123papas:
The minimum for Onitsha na 4 storeys without lift. The higher you are the cheaper the rent cos you go get muscle by force
That's stressful. What if the house has no borehole and you need to fetch water from downstairs?
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by Pepperdemisback: 7:37pm On Mar 11
Asbata:
Na curse wey them give Yakubu they backfire.

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by NaijaPrince18: 7:48pm On Mar 11
Pio44:
u are just aging fool, wetin concern Peter obi here now
Stop crying
Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by starbuck(f): 6:50pm On Mar 15
A body was found today during excavation

Re: Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra by NaijaCover(m): 7:13pm On Mar 15
starbuck:
Naija-Cover...
A body was found today during excavation

Oh My God 😲

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free 5 Bedroom Bungalow Design and 3D For Nairalanders / Register Your Land Before July 31st Or Be Jailed For Fake Documents / Container Loaded Trailer Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.