Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

"Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds (1423 Views)

Only A Brave Man Can Marry Rita Dominic / Why I Refused To Marry Rita Dominic — Jim Iyke / Meet Amar Bharati Who Has Raised His Hand For 45 Years (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Hotfrom9ja: 5:15pm On Mar 10
Popular Nollywood actress Rita Dominic got married two years ago after over 45 years of being single. Her marriage was met with a lot of fan-fair and excitement, and now, during a new interview with Joy FM, Rita Dominic is opening up about why it took this long for her to marry. Here's what she said.

During the interview, Rita was asked "How's marriage so far?" to which she replied:

RITA DOMINIC: It's nice. It's interesting. I'm blushing. It's nice. It's been two years in April for the traditional marriage. We were friends for a long time, then we found love, then we dated, and we got married.

"Why did you wait so long?"

RITA DOMINIC: Why did I wait so long? I wanted to do it and be sure that I was doing it for the right reasons and not for the reasons y'know that stem from societal pressure.

"Okay, was society giving pressure about the timing of it?"

RITA DOMINIC: Of course! Even before I got married, the pressure was there for years. But uhm, I just turned a deaf ear.
"Cuz this was way after 45 and I'm sure people were like Rita what's going on?"

RITA DOMINIC: Yeah, they were doing that but at the end of the day, I will marry the man of my dreams and not the man society dreams for me because if anything goes wrong tomorrow, I will be the one left to pack up the pieces, and not the society. So I will do it when I want to do it at the right time, and I believe I did it at the right time with the right person.

"Why did you think it took that long? Was it because there were not too many good men or right people around you?"

RITA DOMINIC: I met quite a number of people but maybe we just didn't happen, or we just didn't work out and I don't believe in forcing things. If it's not working, if you guys are not compatible, there's no point in forcing things. And then you go into it, and then tomorrow you're out of it. For what reason?

"Was the fact that you're such a huge public figure also make it more difficult to get married?"

RITA DOMINIC: I don't think so. I think that's even when you have a lot of people wanting to marry you.
"If you had to give anybody marriage advice after 2 years, what would you tell them?"

RITA DOMINIC: Marry your friend and make sure your goals and dreams are aligned.

What do you think about what Rita Dominic said? Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment either below.

https://loudgist.com.ng/why-did-you-take-over-45-years-to-marry-rita-dominic-finally-responds/

1 Like

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by onumadu: 5:18pm On Mar 10
When is baby coming?
That should be the question.

1 Like

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by IsrealiIDF1: 5:19pm On Mar 10
Her toto her choice

2 Likes

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Putindbutt: 5:19pm On Mar 10
Save the long story, most naija female celebs are gold diggers.

5 Likes

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:27pm On Mar 10
onumadu:
When is baby coming? The baby will come at the right time too just as her marriage.
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Creamypie(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10
Her alignments, ball joints, pistons, rings, chain and sprocket,nuzzles and kick starter go don go beyond re coupling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Savedday2: 5:57pm On Mar 10
See as I dey pity the man wey marry her.

I know say na jazz she use for the man. How person go open him eye marry person wey go don do ashawo tire and she come be evening newspaper join.

The thing dey pain me for the man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by decatalyst(m): 6:15pm On Mar 10
onumadu:
When is baby coming?

I hate people that ask this kind of question!

Do not pressure anyone into marriage or having babies.

Let it be their sole decision!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by decatalyst(m): 6:16pm On Mar 10
Savedday2:

I know say na jazz she use for the man. How person go open him eye marry person wey go don do ashawo tire and she come be evening newspaper join.

Most Nigerians need mental evaluation.

Here is a specimen!

9 Likes

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by NoSmoking: 6:31pm On Mar 10
Very pretty

2 Likes

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Okoroawusa: 6:39pm On Mar 10
Honest and mature answers from Rita. That's why I love mature women

10 Likes

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by buharibanjo(m): 6:53pm On Mar 10
Specimen abi specigoat
Na dead comment be that
decatalyst:

Here is a specimen!

2 Likes

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by onumadu: 7:01pm On Mar 10
decatalyst:

I hate people that ask this kind of question!

First off, there is no need hating me for my opinion. You have yours and are entitled to it.
Secondly, nobody pressured her into marriage. She married at her preferred time. Good.
My worry is that she may wake up tomorrow to start doing IVF (which should be reserved for women with genuine fertility problems).
People should not ignore God's command to "Be fruitful and multiply" in their early fertile years, only to wake up in their twilight years trying to turn back the hand of the clock.
Maybe now you understand my position better.

1 Like

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Never4getU: 7:07pm On Mar 10
IsrealiIDF1:
Her toto her choice

The toto don suffer on try and error

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by chariisGRACE(m): 7:33pm On Mar 10
It is not easy for a successful woman to find her spec.

2 Likes

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by LadyExcellency: 7:53pm On Mar 10
decatalyst:

I hate people who ask this kind of question!

This statement is not good for women. Old age is good and sweetest with grandchildren. Ask yourself why Grandparents always spoil their grandchildren with love, attention, tolerance and bonding.
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by dealslip(f): 9:10pm On Mar 10
decatalyst:

Here is a specimen!
You took the words right out of my mouth. Many Nigerian youths have mental health problems. Some are daft, some are foolish and some are outrightly stupid. If not just see the guy you quoted comment.
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by dangotesmummy: 9:27pm On Mar 10
onumadu:
When is baby coming?
what your business is is what I wonder? Are you the one going to impregnate her,are you her gynecologist or what is your own in her matter? In 2024 learn the habit of minding your business
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by dangotesmummy: 9:27pm On Mar 10
IsrealiIDF1:
Her toto her choice
exactly

1 Like

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by dangotesmummy: 9:28pm On Mar 10
Putindbutt:
Save the long story, most naija female celebs are gold diggers.
painment tongue
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by dangotesmummy: 9:30pm On Mar 10
Never4getU:

The toto don suffer on try and error
and thank God it ended up with the right person.i know bitter leaf people like you are silently and bitterly waiting to hear e ɗon crash.shioorr
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by dangotesmummy: 9:33pm On Mar 10
onumadu:

First off, there is no need hating me for my opinion. You have yours and are entitled to it.
Secondly, nobody pressured her into marriage. She married at her preferred time. Good.
My worry is that she may wake up tomorrow to start doing IVF (which should be reserved for women with genuine fertility problems).
People should not ignore God's command to "Be fruitful and multiply" in their early fertile years, only to wake up in their twilight years trying to turn back the hand of the clock.
Maybe now you understand my position better.
Nawa o.see as you dey help another person plan her life like say her life Na your personal property.

It's the way men always feel entitled to dictate for women's reproductive life especially the ones that are not their husbands lipsrsealed

Abi Na you go give them money to do IVF if they decide to?

Una no dey Taya?
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Kukutenla: 9:33pm On Mar 10
Okoroawusa:
Honest and mature answers from Rita. That's why I love mature women
You no longer love PMB and Tinubu
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by WizardOfNG: 9:34pm On Mar 10
@OP.

Thread title is senseless asking why it has taken a 48 year old women over 45 years to marry.

Was she eligible to marry at age 3 or as soon as she was born?

1 Like

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by dangotesmummy: 9:35pm On Mar 10
Savedday2:

pepper envious body,carry your pained self to go and do your jazz to marry your own.she tell you say she need your pity? Carry your pity to neighbours that have not eaten, street kids without parents,old widows and unemployed youths.pele
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Kukutenla: 9:37pm On Mar 10
dangotesmummy:
Nawa o.see as you dey help another person plan her life like say her life Na your personal property.

It's the way men always feel entitled to dictate for women's reproductive life especially the ones that are not their husbands lipsrsealed
It's not men that dictate women's reproductive life, it's nature. You can't cheat nature
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by dangotesmummy: 9:44pm On Mar 10
Kukutenla:

It's not men that dictate women's reproductive life, it's nature. You can't cheat nature
you wan give am money for IVF?

I remember when she was not yet married.no insults and mockery wey this babe no collect.thank God she no Kuku dey read NL.she for don commit suicide with the malicious,vile and toxic comments now she don marry, the pressure don resume

Meanwhile if she was like me I for don open office for some bittērleaf slanderous people.i go don drag them to court and collect millions from their head,after then they'll learn to keep their bitterness to themselves

2 Likes

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by dangotesmummy: 9:46pm On Mar 10
Creamypie:
Her alignments, ball joints, pistons, rings, chain and sprocket,nuzzles and kick starter go don go beyond re coupling
are you even sure yours is still normal because your brain sef don dey deteriorate going by this your overly malicious lousy rants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by WizardOfNG: 9:48pm On Mar 10
Savedday2:

She's seen it all and done it all. She's experienced now and know precisely what she wants and what she does not so she'll make a good wife and companion for an equally mature and experienced man.

You cannot view things from your own perspective only because life is a million different shades. For example, a widow and widower, with grown kids who have left home, can meet, fall in love and make each other happy for the rest of their lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Blackfire(m): 10:02pm On Mar 10
Make I no talk

grin
Sign that the marriage is about to crash, or the man is an award winner in simp
Redpillers food don land
grin
Rita because you did not marry me, I will be your village monitoring spirit
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by Okoroawusa: 10:05pm On Mar 10
Kukutenla:

You no longer love PMB and Tinubu
Hahahaha! My brother I still love them o! My love is orimiri atata... it's big enough. Even you I love you too
Re: "Why Did You Take Over 45 Years To Marry?" - Rita Dominic Finally Responds by iluvdonjazzy: 10:51pm On Mar 10
Honestly speaking, marry the man or woman of your dreams not the dreams of the society, I had a girl I wanted to marry within 2 months she started showing her devilish character, when I told her I cannot continue the relationship again she was saying what will the community says that they have been seeing us together. Can you emerging, am talking about peace in a relationship and maybe marriage and she is talking about what the community will say. Some people may asked what is really her fault, let me brief you a little bit, she is temperamental, she has anger issues, she may just emerging something now and start fighting you for something that is not real o just her emergination. I do video calls with her almost everyday at work because when she called and I mistakenly missed her calls is a problem, and once she is talking you dere not interupt or talk back at her, FOR WHAT? GIRL WEY I NEVER MARRY. so I decided to call it a quit and she is there talking about what the society will say.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orikinla / can our celebrities dance? / Ini Edo, Mike Ezuruonye Abandon Location For Glo Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.