Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Olumide Akpata Music (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olumide Akpata Music (Video) (17553 Views)

Former NBA Chairman, Olumide Akpata Joins Labour Party (Pix) / Olumide Akpata And Osayamon Ogbebor Wedding Photos / Olumide Akpata & Osayamon Ogbebor Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by DOptical: 6:36pm On Mar 11
saddler:

If you like insult from now till tomorrow and then spew half-truths everywhere, Oduduwa which is corrupted from Izoduwa was a Benin Prince.

Till tomorrow, Yorubas dont agree on where Oduduwa came from. Different people with different stories but we know he is of Edo ancestry.

Dem no born Ekladehan where Oduduwa dey. Even Ekladehan would slap your dumb head for spewing gibberish.

Everyone knows the fact except delusional idiot writing gibberish. I will leave you with the picture below

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by oyatz(m): 6:45pm On Mar 11
scholes0:

Yoruba language included the Southeast Yoruba dialects. The main difference between Oyo dialects and their SE counterparts is mostly that the Central and SE dialects are more conservative and have a stronger archaic (original) inventory as compared to Oyo which has a simpler structure and is less conservative.
Edo on the other hand is a different language all together. You can't be putting Edo and SE Yoruba in the same bracket and then comparing both to Oyo as if they were the same thing.

You can compare many things simultaneously.

Both Yoruba and Edo ,though are different belong to the same KWA language family.

As you move away from Bini towards Akure, Ilesha, Ife, Gbogan, Iwo to Ejigbo to Oyo, you will notice that the dialects become more different from Bini and closer to Yoruba Ajumolo.
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 6:45pm On Mar 11
Ologbo147:
don’t be a slowpoke, this is a Bini dictionary by Hans melzian that was written in 1937

Your moronic end is here. There is nothing like Bazuaye, you will not find it in the dictionary or any other Bini dictionary OVB123

One slowpoke wey never grow hair for prick go come online come dae follow he papa mate, i nor blame una the internet is a leveler. One ignorant slowpoke that is not taken seriously in real life instead of you to sit down and learn. You buy 100 data, come online and start arguing with your father’s mate with your ignorant self

that not what I asked. this gentleman claimed that

OVB123:
What you now know as Bazuaye, was once pronounced Obazuaye.

1. when was Bazuaye once pronounced as Obazuaye?

2. when was it then changed from Obazuaye to Bazuaye?

3. who effected the change?

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by oyatz(m): 6:46pm On Mar 11
Stephen0mozzy:

Is this an attempt at translating the Benin Word "Bazuaye"? Or looking for a Yoruba word that rhymes?

Yoruba is not a Thesaurus for the Benin Language.

It shows some levels of similarities.
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 6:46pm On Mar 11
Ologbo147:
dThere is nothing like Bazuaye

but yet...

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Ologbo147: 6:52pm On Mar 11
lexy2014:

Dont change your goal post, you slowpoke in life, you were projecting your frustrations and ignorance on Bini like you were so sure of it.

There is a name like Enomayo. Many persons render it as nomayo. Two clans of the same family can be rendering it as Enomayo and nomayo and it is actually the same thing.

Officially there is nothing like Bazuaye in Bini which of us is right. Not what they put online, check the dictionary and see if it will come out

I nor be your mate, if i tell you something you go take

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by saddler: 6:53pm On Mar 11
DOptical:

Dem no born Ekladehan where Oduduwa dey. Even Ekladehan would slap your dumb head for spewing gibberish.

Everyone knows the fact except delusional idiot writing gibberish. I will leave you with the picture below
read whatever meaning to a harmless picture. As far as it makes you happy.

It doesn't change the fact that Oduduwa was a banished Benin prince
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by scholes0(m): 6:58pm On Mar 11
oyatz:

You can compare many things simultaneously.

Both Yoruba and Edo ,though are different belong to the same KWA language family.

As you move away from Bini towards Akure, Ilesha, Ife, Gbogan, Iwo to Ejigbo to Oyo, you will notice that the dialects become more different from Bini and closer to Yoruba Ajumolo.

You are comparing two things that are within the same set (SE Yoruba and NW Yoruba) to something that is not within their set and is in a different set all together, (Edo language).
SE Yoruba native speakers can not understand ordinary 'come' in Edo language. You can do broad based analysis, but your initial remark was way off vis-a-vis the two language groups.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by DOptical: 7:00pm On Mar 11
saddler:
read whatever meaning to a harmless picture. As far as it makes you happy.

It doesn't change the fact that Oduduwa was a banished Benin prince

Whether you knack your brain on the ground, it doesn't change historical facts! Ekladehan died at Ughoton.

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 8:20pm On Mar 11
Ologbo147:
Dont change your goal post, you slowpoke in life, you were projecting your frustrations and ignorance on Bini like you were so sure of it.

There is a name like Enomayo. Many persons render it as nomayo. Two clans of the same family can be rendering it as Enomayo and nomayo and it is actually the same thing.

Officially there is nothing like Bazuaye in Bini which of us is right. Not what they put online, check the dictionary and see if it will come out

OVB123:

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 8:23pm On Mar 11
Ologbo147:

Officially there is nothing like Bazuaye in Bini

its now "officially"? cheesy grin

Ologbo147:
There is nothing like Bazuaye

but yet...

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by OVB123: 8:58pm On Mar 11
lexy2014:

What you called Bazuaye is Obazuaye, Sakponba road is Sokponba road, while Nomayo is Enomayo.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Ologbo147: 9:39pm On Mar 11
lexy2014:

but yet...

The joke and the failure is on you. I clearly gave examples why it can happen that way. You are suppose to be eating your words like the failure and the loser that you are. These rubbish goats online that don’t get attention wants to come and be forming king online with their Lilliputian ignorant self

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 10:21pm On Mar 11
OVB123:
What you called Bazuaye is Obazuaye, Sakponba road is Sokponba road, while Nomayo is Enomayo.

that not what I asked. you claimed that

OVB123:

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 10:22pm On Mar 11
Ologbo147:

The joke and the failure is on you. I clearly gave examples why it can happen that way. You are suppose to be eating your words like the failure and the loser that you are. These rubbish goats online that don’t get attention wants to come and be forming king online with their Lilliputian ignorant self

you claimed that

Ologbo147:

but yet...

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Ologbo147: 10:26pm On Mar 11
lexy2014:

you claimed that

but yet...

The joke and the failure is on you. I clearly gave examples why it can happen that way. You are suppose to be eating your words like the failure and the loser that you are. These rubbish goats online that don’t get attention offline but wants to come and be forming king online with their Lilliputian ignorant self

What about the contrary claims you made that was set up in Flames with Hard dictionary evidence with meanings. There is no word with a meaning such as Bazuaye in Benin and i have proven it, Bazuaye is a corrupt or short form of it. And i have proven it, you can go check up official linguistic document about Benin, you will not find one rendition of Bazuaye/Bazuyi/Bazuye as opined by you and your friends not the online website you manipulate. This is an official document of the proper names of those chiefs in Benin you inconsequential nitwit.

I can actually recommend dictionaries for you

Edo English dictionary by RN Agheyisi 1986

A Bini dictionary by Hans Melzian 1937

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 10:33pm On Mar 11
Ologbo147:

The joke and the failure is on you. I clearly gave examples why it can happen that way. You are suppose to be eating your words like the failure and the loser that you are. These rubbish goats online that don’t get attention offline but wants to come and be forming king online with their Lilliputian ignorant self

you claimed that

Ologbo147:

if "there is nothing like Bazuaye", how do you explain this screenshot?

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Ologbo147: 10:34pm On Mar 11
lexy2014:

you claimed that

What about the contrary claims you made that was set up in Flames with Hard dictionary evidence with meanings. There is no word with a meaning such as Bazuaye in Benin and i have proven it, Bazuaye is a corrupt or short form of it. And i have proven it, you can go check up official linguistic document about Benin, you will not find one rendition of Bazuaye/Bazuyi/Bazuye as opined by you and your friends not the online website you manipulate. This is an official document of the proper names of those chiefs in Benin you inconsequential nitwit.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 10:36pm On Mar 11
Ologbo147:

why do you sound so hurt? do you need a hug?

you claimed that

Ologbo147:

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Ologbo147: 10:42pm On Mar 11
lexy2014:

you claimed that

The answers are all in my write up, the answers are there, you are a failure and a loser offline i know and i am so certain of it. Go and play with your mate offline, i am not your mate. If you are tired of life, you can as well commit suicide, nobody will miss you
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 7:30am On Mar 12
Ologbo147:
The answers are all in my write up, the answers are there, you are a failure and a loser offline i know and i am so certain of it. Go and play with your mate offline, i am not your mate. If you are tired of life, you can as well commit suicide, nobody will miss you

are you aware that all your emotional outbursts have not answered the simple questions?

you claimed that

Ologbo147:

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Ologbo147: 11:46pm On Mar 12
lexy2014:

are you aware that all your emotional outbursts have not answered the simple questions?

you claimed that

I have done that some light year’s ago with this explanation below but you seem to be too mentally deranged to notice, or you have serious dearth of comprehension skills, probably a failed Ogbomosho 100level diploma drop out who comes online with the aid of opera 100 mb.

“There is a name like Enomayo. Many persons render it as nomayo. Two clans of the same family can be rendering it as Enomayo and nomayo and it is actually the same thing”.

I am not the one that should be hiding my face, I made a claim there is nothing like Bazuaye and i went on to prove it in official linguistic document. It is a fancy way of saying OBazuaye. And i have proven it . Not on those non-opaque site that were written by some Edos supervised by some Yorubas with Edo heading title and with meanings one cannot relate with.

Obazuaye is a chief, just one of its kind in the palace. And i have proven that you cannot find yours in official linguistic document and i was right. Not a site written with mischievous and malicious intent with meanings a proper Edo brought up cannot relate with.

For the idiot asking me if my screenshot says Obazuaye is a Bini name. It is and it is the proper rendition of the name.

You are free to ransack that dictionary and hope in futility that yours come out to help your case.
I am not the cause of your frustration. I am not to blame for the fact that your claim was turn in shreds by me. I am sorry for destroying your “evidence” that can only be found on gbajue site monitored by some bastard mischievious Yorubas

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Usenokpevbo: 12:38am On Mar 13
scholes0:

Read this part, I added it after. Can they (Esan and Benin) communicate smoothly apart from Igueben people?
Can Oyo and Owo communicate smoothly without using Oyo dialect? Aren’t they deemed dialects of the same language. Isn’t Okpe and Uvwie distinct languages from Urhobo according to linguistic scholars? Don’t they regard themselves as Urhobos? How many Igbo dialects that are regarded as dialects of the same language can communicate with themselves without the need for their central tongue? Can’t Efik and Ibibio communicate smoothly? Aren’t they regarded as dialects of the same language? Why are they still regarding themselves as different groups?

Benin and Esan has more mutual intelligibility than many subgroups within big tribes. According to Pedro Obaseki, the difference between Benin and Esan is lesser than the difference between Oyo and Ijebu or Oyo and Owo. We bear the same names, we have the same names for almost every items.

Many a times becoming members of the same groups among very similar groups is politics and a central language factor. Enahoro tried bringing up a central language for Edoid, if he had stuck his desire for a central language for Edo within Benin and Esan alone, we would have since been one tribe, it would have been so realistic and possible. He tried to extend to Owan and Etsako, i believe that is where the loudest rejection would have came from. Or if Benin and Esan were alone in one state with groups like Efik/ibibio, we would since be identifying as one tribe. But because we are largely in Edo state where 98%of the population have similar language and culture, and we are not threatened by another strange major group. There is really no bearing need to put on another identity other than our very immediate identity even though we are related and we know the most related ones amongst us

Peter Ekeh described Benin and Esan as approximately mutually intelligible.

Okojie noted that even among present day Esan generation, speaking Bini may be difficult but it is unnecessary for an Esan to learn it before understanding it. According to him, it is easier for an Esan to understand Bini than Ora or Kukuruku language either of which has suffered further inflexion due of course to their early contacts with their northern, western and eastern neighbors.

Okojie was from Irrua, what Okojie meant by that to those who can’t comprehend English properly. He say for Esan people of this generation, to speak Bini fit hard them o, but them no go need learn am to understand am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 7:19am On Mar 13
Ologbo147:
I have done that some light year’s ago with this explanation below but you seem to be too mentally deranged to notice, or you have serious dearth of comprehension skills, probably a failed Ogbomosho 100level diploma drop out who comes online with the aid of opera 100 mb.

“There is a name like Enomayo. Many persons render it as nomayo. Two clans of the same family can be rendering it as Enomayo and nomayo and it is actually the same thing”.

I am not the one that should be hiding my face, I made a claim there is nothing like Bazuaye and i went on to prove it in official linguistic document. It is a fancy way of saying OBazuaye. And i have proven it . Not on those non-opaque site that were written by some Edos supervised by some Yorubas with Edo heading title and with meanings one cannot relate with.

Obazuaye is a chief, just one of its kind in the palace. And i have proven that you cannot find yours in official linguistic document and i was right. Not a site written with mischievous and malicious intent with meanings a proper Edo brought up cannot relate with.

For the idiot asking me if my screenshot says Obazuaye is a Bini name. It is and it is the proper rendition of the name.

You are free to ransack that dictionary and hope in futility that yours come out to help your case.
I am not the cause of your frustration. I am not to blame for the fact that your claim was turn in shreds by me. I am sorry for destroying your “evidence” that can only be found on gbajue site monitored by some bastard mischievious Yorubas

off point.

1. are you aware that all your emotional outbursts have not answered the simple questions?

2. why do you sound so hurt? do you need a hug?

you claimed that

Ologbo147:

3. if "there is nothing like Bazuaye", how do you explain this screenshot?

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by NaMe4: 7:55am On Mar 13
Came to check the thread and still observed that throughout the whole thread, the dude has been the only one rabidly throwing insults.

I know their type and definitely this is not an Edo man.

Check the responses/contributions of Edos on the thread and see the marked difference.
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Dsimmer: 9:57am On Mar 13
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Dsimmer: 9:57am On Mar 13
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Dsimmer: 10:15am On Mar 13
Usenokpevbo:
Can Oyo and Owo communicate smoothly without using Oyo dialect? Aren’t they deemed dialects of the same language. Isn’t Okpe and Uvwie distinct languages from Urhobo according to linguistic scholars? Don’t they regard themselves as Urhobos? How many Igbo dialects that are regarded as dialects of the same language can communicate with themselves without the need for their central tongue? Can’t Efik and Ibibio communicate smoothly? Aren’t they regarded as dialects of the same language? Why are they still regarding themselves as different groups?

Benin and Esan has more mutual intelligibility than many subgroups within big tribes. According to Pedro Obaseki, the difference between Benin and Esan is lesser than the difference between Oyo and Ijebu or Oyo and Owo. We bear the same names, we have the same names for almost every items.

Many a times becoming members of the same groups among very similar groups is politics and a central language factor. Enahoro tried bringing up a central language for Edoid, if he had stuck his desire for a central language for Edo within Benin and Esan alone, we would have since been one tribe, it would have been so realistic and possible. He tried to extend to Owan and Etsako, i believe that is where the loudest rejection would have came from. Or if Benin and Esan were alone in one state with groups like Efik/ibibio, we would since be identifying as one tribe. But because we are largely in Edo state where 98%of the population have similar language and culture, and we are not threatened by another strange major group. There is really no bearing need to put on another identity other than our very immediate identity even though we are related and we know the most related ones amongst us

Peter Ekeh described Benin and Esan as approximately mutually intelligible.

Okojie noted that even among present day Esan generation, speaking Bini may be difficult but it is unnecessary for an Esan to learn it before understanding it. According to him, it is easier for an Esan to understand Bini than Ora or Kukuruku language either of which has suffered further inflexion due of course to their early contacts with their northern, western and eastern neighbors.

Okojie was from Irrua, what Okojie meant by that to those who can’t comprehend English properly. He say for Esan people of this generation, to speak Bini fit hard them o, but them no go need learn am to understand am

Esan speak a mix of Yoruba and Bini. For example Ayo is joy to Esan, just like Ayo is in Yoruba language.
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Usenokpevbo: 10:52am On Mar 13
Dsimmer:

Esan speak a mix of Yoruba and Bini. For example Ayo is joy to Esan, just like Ayo is in Yoruba language.
Esan don’t speak a mix of Yoruba and Bini. Esan speak Esan which is similar to Bini. For the record , Joy/Happiness is Oghogho in Esan and not Ayo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Dsimmer: 10:57am On Mar 13
Usenokpevbo:
Esan don’t speak a mix of Yoruba and Bini. Esan speak Esan which is similar to Bini. For the record , Joy/Happiness is Oghogho in Esan and not Ayo

I have seen several of them bearing Ayo name and when asked the meaning of it, it's Joy. There are several such as Omo, Olu, Odua etc which are Yoruba. Esan speak a mix of Bini.
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Usenokpevbo: 11:03am On Mar 13
Dsimmer:

I have seen several of them bearing Ayo name and when asked the meaning of it, it's Joy. Esan speak a different language from the Bini but with mix of Bini
Those ones are mixed, most certainly their mothers are yoruba or they grow up in Yorubaland alongside with Yoruba Mothers just like several Esans out there like late Ambrose Alli or Olubumni Okojie and others. In Esan, there is nothing like Ayo, it is Oghogho just like Bini. Esan speak Esan that is similar to Bini

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Dsimmer: 11:05am On Mar 13
Usenokpevbo:
Those ones are mixed, most certainly their mothers are yoruba or they grow up in Yorubaland just like several Esans out there like late Ambrose Alli and others. In Esan, there is nothing like Ayo, it is Oghogho just like Bini. Esan speak Esan that is similar to Bini

There are several others such as Omo, Olu, Odua etc which are Yoruba. Their first king title was Agba. The Esan name itself is a Yoruba name. Esan speak a mix of Yoruba with Bini.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Florence Ita Giwa Turns 69 Today - Happy Birthday To Her / Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi / National Assembly Workers Begin Strike, Block Entrances (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.