Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,559 members, 7,837,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Olumide Akpata Music (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olumide Akpata Music (Video) (17559 Views)

Former NBA Chairman, Olumide Akpata Joins Labour Party (Pix) / Olumide Akpata And Osayamon Ogbebor Wedding Photos / Olumide Akpata & Osayamon Ogbebor Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by beyondPen(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10
Atleast someone to lead them and develop the state so they wont be putting eyes and nose in lagos affair

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:35pm On Mar 10
jeffizy:
grin

Olumide trying to prove his Edo-ness.
all join!
grin
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Dsimmer: 10:35pm On Mar 10
santaclaws:
I used to think this man was Yoruba... Ashey bros na Osaigbovo from Edo state. I no go dey assume anybody tribe till I see their ID card grin cheesy

On a more serious note, I wish Mr. Akpata the best and I believe he has something upstairs... Good luck to the people of EDO state!

Who doesn't know Edo are Yoruba mixed? Take Obaseki name for example. It's a Yoruba name. Oshiomole is a Yoruba name.

Okpe is a Yoruba name. Esan is a Yoruba name. Owan is a Yoruba name. Etsako is a Yoruba name. In fact, Edo as a whole speak a mix of Yoruba and Bini.

Bini king is from Oranmiyan ancestry. In fact, Oranmiyan entourages and chiefs were those who founded other towns in Edo. Owan still celebrate Oranmiyan festival till now.

6 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Chucks13: 10:37pm On Mar 10
This guy just wasting his time, money and energy.

I just dey laugh.

No market for any LP again we have frozen the market against LP if you like call Lopez, Angelina Kidjo, Mariah Carey join Mr Akpata you no dey go anywhere

Music is not about noise.....

I remember that Elu pee who forgot to know he is actually saying Lule pi and at the end LP Lule pi and scattered to far 3rd place.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:37pm On Mar 10
Basic123:

Unintelligent!
leave am like dat!
cool
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by oyeb15: 10:38pm On Mar 10
Who is this one again o.
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by porthouse7(f): 10:45pm On Mar 10
MichaelSokoto:
make he sing oo!

Anything to banish APC far away from our lives is highly welcome!

And I repeat, "only foooools & baaaastards will ever vote anything APC in any part of Nigeria again!

angry
lazy man blaming his misfortune in life on apc

4 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:49pm On Mar 10
porthouse7:
lazy man blaming his misfortune in life on apc

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by NaMe4: 10:57pm On Mar 10
fawaz050:
I heard some Yoruba towards the end.

Pataki as in important

By the way what do Obasohan, Bazuaye, and Ize-Iyamu mean?

Pataki is also an Edo word.
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Baro(m): 10:58pm On Mar 10
fawaz050:

Pataki as in important

Obasohan, Bazuaye and Ize-Iyamu are big and illustrious families in Benin.

He is saying he has filial ties with those families, from his mother's side

4 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by santaclaws: 10:58pm On Mar 10
Dsimmer:

Who doesn't know Edo are Yoruba mixed? Take Obaseki name for example. It's a Yoruba name. Oshiomole is a Yoruba name.

Okpe is a Yoruba name. Esan is a Yoruba name. Owan is a Yoruba name. Etsako is a Yoruba name. In fact, Edo as a whole speak a mix of Yoruba and Bini.

Bini king is from Oranmiyan ancestry. In fact, Oranmiyan entourages and chiefs were those who founded other towns in Edo. Owan still celebrate Oranmiyan festival till now.

I quite agree with you on the historical and cultural similarities between Yorubas and Edos. Even Itsekiris are originally Yorubas from Ijebu.

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Tochi360: 11:02pm On Mar 10
kestolove95:
This guy serious oo... Comedy
to se Nigeria na serious minded Country,by now all man for dey streets dey protest for the evil APC to be proscribed or banished undecided
See what this bastard fifth columnist have done to the Nigerian system since 2015 na undecided
But You will see a poverty striken nigga who can't afford 3 square meal saying Yes to same Apc that is programed to make him and his generation poorer .
The kind juju wey Apc use for una no from this World at all.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Baro(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10
Dsimmer:

Obaseki, Oshiomole Esan, Owan, Etsako are all Edo words. Do not misinform people
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Dsimmer: 11:09pm On Mar 10
fawaz050:

Pataki as in important

Pataki is a Yoruba word.
Oba is a Yoruba word.
Iya is a Yoruba word.
Aye is a Yoruba word.

That's why I find it funny when some Edo dey wail about Olumide Akpata whereas they don't know Esan, Okpe, Owan, Etsako etc are all Yoruba words and Edo speak Yoruba words. Meanwhile, those who are wailing the most are even southeast zombiedientes which begs the question. Hypocritical Southeast Zombiediente (who's known for not being able to take what they dish out) all the way from southeast wanted to foist an ungrateful nuisance without pedigree who was all about insulting the Yoruba while living in Yorubaland on Yorubaland because they claimed he's in LP yet same southeast Zombiediente had problem supporting Olumide Akpata who's also in LP because they felt he's Yoruba. See the double standard😂 Funnily, the southeast Zombiediente don't even know Edo are Yoruba mixed. It was Oranmiyan entourages and chiefs who founded the other towns as a matter of fact.

With the way hypocritical bitter southeast Zombiediente acted 🤔, who says some Yoruba shouldn't ronu? And Who are those useless Yoruba saying gibberish? In fact a time would come when Yoruba wouldn't even bother about if anyone claims to be Yoruba or not, the mantra would be denigrate Yoruba heritage while living in Yorubaland and meet your demise!

4 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 11:11pm On Mar 10
Pristine664:
Na the tribalism wey dem go play on top this guy head go open the eyes of Yoruba Obidients forming wokeness. 😂

which tribalism will they play on his head?
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Dsimmer: 11:13pm On Mar 10
Baro:

Obaseki, Oshiomole Esan, Owan, Etsako are all Edo words. Do not misinform people

Oba is a Yoruba word..

Oshiomole is an oriki of Ogun. Oshin mole which is "walks on ground". Esan is a Yoruba word which means "it's good". Owan means merry. Etsako means "we go away".

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 11:13pm On Mar 10
Dsimmer:

Pataki is a Yoruba word.
Oba is a Yoruba word.
Iya is a Yoruba word.
Aye is a Yoruba word.

That's why I find it funny when some Edo dey wail about Olumide Akpata whereas they don't know Esan, Okpe, Owan, Etsako etc are all Yoruba words and Edo speak Yoruba words. Although I know most who are wailing are southeast zombiedientes which begs the question. Southeast Zombiediente all the way from southeast wanted to foist an ungrateful nuisance who was insulting the Yoruba in Yoruba land because they claim he's in LP yet same southeast Zombiediente didn't want to support Olumide Akpata who's in LP because they felt he's Yoruba. Funnily, they don't even know Edo are Yoruba mixed. It was Oranmiyan entourages and chiefs who founded the other towns as a matter of fact.

Meanwhile , who say Yoruba shouldn't ronu? And Who are the useless Yoruba who are still saying gibberish? In fact a time would come when Yoruba wouldn't even bother about if you claim Yoruba or not, denigrate Yoruba in Yorubaland and meet your demise!

in everything you said, you ended up not answering the question he asked:

what do Obasohan, Bazuaye, and Ize-Iyamu mean?
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by lexy2014: 11:15pm On Mar 10
Dsimmer:

Oba is a Yoruba word..

Oshiomole is an oriki of Ogun. Oshin mole which is "walks on ground". Esan is a Yoruba word which means "it's good". Etsako means "we go away".

How is "oshiomole" and "oshin mole" the same thing?

how are "Esan" and "Etsako" pronounced in Yoruba and how are they pronounced in Edo?
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by MEGAWATCH: 11:16pm On Mar 10
Pristine664:
Na the tribalism wey dem go play on top this guy head go open the eyes of Yoruba Obidients forming wokeness. 😂

You are still talking, more and more Yorubas are joining Obident after this intensive four years suffering program initiated by Tinubu.

You think many people will endure the suffering?

Abeg think again.
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Lexusgs430: 11:18pm On Mar 10
With INEC + our corrupt judicial system........ They would rig the unrigable..........😁
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Appletek: 11:22pm On Mar 10
Pristine664:

Serves those fools right

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Dsimmer: 11:26pm On Mar 10
Aint gonna answer the idiot asking foolish question which is already answered there. I know the idiot is fond of asking repeatedly foolish question
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Emir01: 11:41pm On Mar 10
santaclaws:
I used to think this man was Yoruba... Ashey bros na Osaigbovo from Edo state. I no go dey assume anybody tribe till I see their ID card grin cheesy

On a more serious note, I wish Mr. Akpata the best and I believe he has something upstairs... Good luck to the people of EDO state!

Their all Oduduwa descend. I wish him well too. Benin and Yorubas are one from historical perspective.
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Gboyeee: 11:58pm On Mar 10
santaclaws:

Na only tribe sentiment full Nairalander commentors head.
Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Ologbo147: 12:03am On Mar 11
Dsimmer:

Obaseki is not a Yoruba name, Osiomoole is not a Yoruba name

Edo’s are not Yoruba mixed. Esan is not a Yoruba name, Okpe is not a Yoruba name, Etsako is not a Yoruba name. And they are all distinct languages from Yoruba as recognized by linguistic scholars. You just want attention

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Izuchukwu70: 12:04am On Mar 11

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:04am On Mar 11
Like the common saying Politics is local indeed. American/South African billionaire, Elon Musk, even took it further by saying Politics is tribal, rather than logical.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Ibrahimcoomasie: 12:05am On Mar 11
Izuchukwu70:

Gbadebo can't sing in his language.
And Olumide is not also insulting or disrespecting Edo people. Olumide has a good head on his shoulder.

4 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by chopnaira: 12:08am On Mar 11
MEGAWATCH:

You are still talking, more and more Yorubas are joining Obident after this intensive four years suffering program initiated by Tinubu.

You think many people will endure the suffering?

Abeg think again.
They are only joining in your dreams.

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by chopnaira: 12:10am On Mar 11
fawaz050:

Pataki as in important

Ogun, ayelala e.t.c are worshiped in Benin. The king of Benin in a video calls himself son of Oranmiyan who was the son of Oduduwa.

Son of Adimula is in the oriki of the Oba of Benin. Both cultures are interwoven to an extent. They have some borrowed words from Yoruba due to the influence of Oranmiyan

👇

macof:
Benin City is a reserve of rich traditions and high reverence for the traditional monarch (Oba of Benin), who once led a powerful Empire.
One of such traditions is the habit of
addressing the Oba of Benin by various
appellations instead of his actual names as sign of deep respect and awe. It is no wonder, therefore, that the Oba of Benin
is known by several appellations.

Such appellations are:
Ovbi' Umogun Oza
The Child of the Oba whose mother hailed from Oza

Ovbi' Ekpen N' Owa

The son of the home leopard

Ovbi' Adimila

The son of Adimila

Ikeji Orisa

Second in command to the gods

Agbaghe, N'Ovbi Olokun

Olokun's son, the cynosure of all mortals

Abieyuwa N'Ovbi Odua N'uhe

The son of the wealthy Odua of Uhe(Ife).

Ovbi' Ada, Ovbi' Eben

The child of the owner of the Ada =
scimitar and Eben = royal sword, Edo
symbol of sovereignty.

Ovbi'Ekenekene ma deyo

The son of beauty that never fades.

Ovbi'Ekuaho N'Olo, Ovbi'Ekuabo N'Olo

The son of the rocky arm, the brave and
powerful

Ovbie Ikpinhianbo kpuru no Gb'oduma

The son of the short fingered man that
was still able to kill a lion

Nohien utete no gh'ughe s'omwan

The king on a hill, who sees more than
everybody

Ovbi'Oghonwan nei bun aro

The son of the fearless, who looks
without twinkling his eyes

Ovbi'ode, ode n'ohan ren mu' ete

The son of the warrior whose enemies
got frightened at the announcement of
the approach

Uku Akpolokpolo

The mighty that rules

Ovbi' Adolo no dolo uwa dolo utomwen

The son of the wise judge and peace
maker who combined wisdom and
wealth with long life

Ovbi' oven owie no gbaisi
The son of the morning sun that covers
everywhere

Ovbi' Akpogunla, ogie no y'igho b'owa

The child of the womb of Akpogunla - the
warrior who fought big wars and built a
house of cowries

Oba n'osa

A king that is god

Ovbi' otolo n'olomi; Ologberonmwon nei rie iruen, ebo, ayemwinre eminiminimini

The son of the water controller, the son
of beauty itself, the starter of things and
the person whose reign saw people with
many tongues

These appellation are in cognissance of
the greatness of the Omo n'oba ne edo,
the Oba of Benin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Music (Video) by Ologbo147: 12:12am On Mar 11
lexy2014:

in everything you said, you ended up not answering the question he asked:

what do Obasohan, Bazuaye, and Ize-Iyamu mean?
Those are names of families he descended from,

Obasohan is the name of a big chief in Benin, the same with ize iyamu and Bazuaye,

Obasohan- Obasohan means the oba is greater than fear

Obazuaye means the Oba has the capacity to bring life

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Relax Abortion Laws For B’haram Victims, UN Urges FG / I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west / Tinubu: Soyinka Denies Paying Tribute To APC Presidential Flagbearer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.