Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained (26316 Views)

Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform / Binance to stop Naira Services Amid Crackdown On Crypto Exchanges / ABCON: Bureaux De Change Tell FG To Ban Binance To Save Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by adolfHitler1934: 9:55pm On Mar 12
Ok
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by olulove(m): 9:57pm On Mar 12
I just weak ...after holding one coin for more than 2years, time reach to begin reap the fruit of my waiting...Binance P2P was suspended....other exchange platforms too are not safe....las las na panic sale I later do for one rogue exchange platform.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by inoki247: 9:57pm On Mar 12
Justinlean02:
I don't get the bias, hypocrisy and negativity filed with this platform. Everything positive about crypto never makes front pages, imagine BTC hitting ATH $69,000 since 2021 not a single thread about it here but make deep hit now every tom and dick will fallout with their fish brain

Lol maybe you're on the wrong NL,..

When he reach 68k there was a News Abt on FP....

Today or yesterday there was News on FP saying it has hit 70k

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by enemyofprogress: 9:58pm On Mar 12
koyeni:
What's this grin
it's a bala blu, bulaba

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Procashtips(m): 9:59pm On Mar 12
Which two executives are they talking about?

Binance top executives aren't anywhere in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Procashtips(m): 9:59pm On Mar 12
inoki247:

Lol maybe you're on the wrong NL,..

When he reach 68k there was a News Abt on FP....

Today or yesterday there was News on FP saying it has hit 70k

Currently above 71k
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by CHIOMAEZEH: 10:00pm On Mar 12
Rain season go soon start ...by then, them go blame rain join

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQKG_oExq7Y

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by xtian110: 10:01pm On Mar 12
Just reopen the border Mr president... That's all
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Procashtips(m): 10:01pm On Mar 12
olulove:
I just weak ...after holding one coin for more than 2years, time reach to begin reap the fruit of my waiting...Binance P2P was suspended....other exchange platforms too are not safe....las las na panic sale I later do for one rogue exchange platform.

I don't get.

Did you sell lower than the normal rate?

We have older and more stable platforms out there, so which one be panic sale?

That naira isn't working doesn't change anything.

You just transfer to your wallet with another platform and sell there.

Simple

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by ozo13(m): 10:05pm On Mar 12
Them no fit try this nonsense for US.Na even US go show them the data sef and they will be made to pay huge amount for flouting US law like they were made to pay 4billion dollar plea bargain in US just few months ago

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by adolfHitler1934: 10:06pm On Mar 12
heykims:
I like this audacity, the gut of the Nigerian govt, enemies of Nigeria can go hug the transformer.
Anyone behind sabotaging our economy should be handled with iron hands regardless of their nationality.
Ndi `Uchu!
Have you asked that little mind of yours why the Naira have refused to climb down ever since they detained the Binance executives and their suspension of naira operation in their app, why haven't the Naira hit 300 per dollar.
You and your incompetent people you rigged in have destroyed this country completely. You have resorted to blame everyone but yourself.

Shame on you as I spit on that forehead of yours.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by 82man: 10:08pm On Mar 12
Is that Nigeria problems?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Emmanuel909090: 10:10pm On Mar 12
This is so funny, is crypto a crime?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by HugoBoss10(m): 10:14pm On Mar 12
heykims:
I like this audacity, the gut of the Nigerian govt, enemies of Nigeria can go hug the transformer.
Anyone behind sabotaging our economy should be handled with iron hands regardless of their nationality.

You can stay behind your keyboard and be typing rubbish, what do you even know
I repeat...what do you really know cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by FreeStuffsNG: 10:18pm On Mar 12
Those top 100 will reveal the identity of those behind our national insecurity, money laundering and forex manipulations.

Those who think that stating their citizenship in the report matters are deceiving themselves. This is a matter of national security and they're detained with a valid court order. They will soon be tried just like the P& ID criminals.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by CrossRhodes: 10:21pm On Mar 12
They don blame Binance, arrest their executives still dollar no gree grin grin

What next, ban sporty bet?
Idiots in power

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by CrossRhodes: 10:24pm On Mar 12
heykims:
This nonsense you type is what your brain could think out ...no wonder them call Una zombies.

ndi eri ri eri.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by FreeStuffsNG: 10:25pm On Mar 12
Procashtips:
Which too executives are they talking about?

Binance top executives aren't anywhere in Africa.
They are actually not based in Nigeria. They flew in from overseas thinking that it's business as usual and they will just 'sort' and get out back to their bases overseas.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Walezy2020: 10:28pm On Mar 12
Justinlean02:
I don't get the bias, hypocrisy and negativity filed with this platform. Everything positive about crypto never makes front pages, imagine BTC hitting ATH $69,000 since 2021 not a single thread about it here but make deep hit now every tom and dick will fallout with their fish brain
it's just a pity & it's show the level of myopicity some Nigerians are,some Country counts on blockchain to boost their economy but FGN is fighting it.....they should stop beating the air......tackle unemployment, provide basic amenities like power supply,good roads etc

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Exousiang01: 10:31pm On Mar 12
DryMouth:
Lol..
They won't release that information and they would be set free.
Nigeria is already a manipulated country.
Imagine suspending a senator that opened their nyash
The level of ignorance among you Nigerians is disheartening, for you to say what you just said means you never even took to look at the budget, because any human being with a functional brain who saw the budget and went through it know that the Senator was spewing thrash.
That said, he was given opportunity to clear himself, was he able to?

He said the president presented a budget of 25T, where did you ever read or see that the presidency presented a budget of 25T.
He know airhead like you will fall for his thrash talk.
Na so Peter Obi an Nnamdi Kanu buy una with cheap lies na.
Ima no go use una brain.
As long as it is against the government it must be true.
When was the last time you used your brain while analysing the issues in the country?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Elsueno: 10:38pm On Mar 12
heykims:

I sure hope for all our sakes, this ain't d charges d govt is planning to get binance & I sure hope d govt get some ace card or evidence. if not, these guys might not only be free but we could also be made to pay for damages. No be everything be gra gra, U don't nail people into financial quagmire with force but U get Ur own financial wizards & slam them with evidence they can't refute but choose to settle out of court to save themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by jadyclem(m): 10:42pm On Mar 12
Our government is one of the most useless governments in the world.

Binance used to have accounts with Nigerian banks with which their users can easily convert their crypto to naira on the binance platform and withdraw to their Nigerian bank accounts. With this system, CBN can easily monitor transactions going into or coming from the binance exchange and government can gain little money in form of VATs from those transactions.

Then President Buhari buhari came and ordered the banks to close all accounts of crypto exchanges and place a ban on crypto transactions(Simply because he wanted to favor his northern brothers that are predominantly the BDC as their sales have reduced as a result of the common man gaining access to USD transactions in form of usdt through crypto exchanges). Thereby making it difficult for CBN to monitor transactions going into crypto because of the black market p2p window that stupid move paved way for.

The same government is yet to see their mistake and align with the exchanges to do things the right way so they can easily monitor cash flow in and out of crypto. Seems Africa is cursed with dunce as their political leaders.

Crypto is going mainstream in most developed countries while 3rd world countries like Nigeria are yet to wake up. May God help black man!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Exousiang01: 10:44pm On Mar 12
DryMouth:
Lol..

The level of ignorance among you Nigerians is disheartening, for you to say what you just said means you never even took the time to look at the budget, because any human being with a functional brain who saw the budget and went through it knows that the Senator was spewing thrash.
That said, he was given opportunity to clear himself, was he able to?

He said the president presented a budget of 25T, where did you ever read or see that the presidency presented a budget of 25T.
We all saw the budget the President presented we all followed the process, the president never presented a N25T but a N27T budget, but as the man came and said what was obviously not true, na that one your brain carry, because it is against the government, you can't even think for your self.....
No be the same Obi dey talk thrash about the cars purchased for National Assembly as official cars still buy 400 SUVs for traditional rulers.
They can easily use people like you, they know you don't use your brains
He knows airhead like you will fall for his thrash talk.
Na so Peter Obi an Nnamdi Kanu buy una with cheap lies na.
Una no go use una brain.
As long as it is against the government it must be true.
When was the last time you used your brain while analysing the issues in the country?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Yankee101: 10:46pm On Mar 12
Politicians
Yahoo boys
Kidnappers
Terrorists
Wind wan blow!
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Smithwilliams826: 10:53pm On Mar 12
Faiththatworks:
Seriously,I totally disagree with the methodology the Nigerian Government is applying in dealing with Binance.
This is totally against the norms of business ethics,inviting foreigners for a meeting and thereafter detaining them without a charge for 14 days is totally demoralizing for any serious investor.
Although I totally disagree with the government,but I wrote some few weeks ago that Binance was involved in Economic Terriorism and their Operation was equal to that of Currency Bandits and Terriorist.
Binance was a major currency speculator,it really exploited the lack of stable regulation to undermine the Naira.
I daresay with Bitcoin nearing 75000$ to 1 BTC,I'm sure the Naira would have been close to 3000 naira on binance if it wasn't disabled on the Exchange.
My solution to this impasse is for Binance to comply with the government and provide the details of their top 100 users,while Government works out a solution that will allow binance continue it's operation in Nigeria.
I believe Government can impose a tax,maybe called crypto tax or even VAT on all transaction on the platform,I'm sure if it's handled in a responsible way,it can make more than a lot of money from the exchange.
I end by pleading with Government to please allow transaction on the binance platform.
God bless Nigeria........
No! government should not allow any transaction on binance platform again. It should be shut down permanently since it is one of the problem that is making our currency unstable.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by zumbigbo(m): 11:00pm On Mar 12
I am in the top 200, come and arrest me
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Feldie: 11:00pm On Mar 12
Daniel7543:
Make Binance no disclose anything give government.
I dey among top 10 users.
I no want government wahala.
My money for Binance fit buy Nairaland (#) and Twitter (X).

no disclose anything give government.. I take God beg una
those top 100 users will still be govt officials and politicians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by alt3r3g0: 11:04pm On Mar 12
Gandollar we know, Betta Edu we know..why are we leaving the obvious to chase shadows?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by alt3r3g0: 11:06pm On Mar 12
Feldie:
those top 100 users will still be govt officials and politicians

What % of them are tech savy to deal in crypto without proxies?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by favor914: 11:06pm On Mar 12
DryMouth:
Lol..
Unrepentant Wailer without joy.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by favor914: 11:11pm On Mar 12
zumbigbo:
I am in the top 200, come and arrest me
Poor Thing, I beg sharap.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by talkreal: 11:11pm On Mar 12
Faiththatworks:
Seriously,I totally disagree with the methodology the Nigerian Government is applying in dealing with Binance.
This is totally against the norms of business ethics,inviting foreigners for a meeting and thereafter detaining them without a charge for 14 days is totally demoralizing for any serious investor.
Although I totally disagree with the government,but I wrote some few weeks ago that Binance was involved in Economic Terriorism and their Operation was equal to that of Currency Bandits and Terriorist.
Binance was a major currency speculator,it really exploited the lack of stable regulation to undermine the Naira.
I daresay with Bitcoin nearing 75000$ to 1 BTC,I'm sure the Naira would have been close to 3000 naira on binance if it wasn't disabled on the Exchange.
My solution to this impasse is for Binance to comply with the government and provide the details of their top 100 users,while Government works out a solution that will allow binance continue it's operation in Nigeria.
I believe Government can impose a tax,maybe called crypto tax or even VAT on all transaction on the platform,I'm sure if it's handled in a responsible way,it can make more than a lot of money from the exchange.
I end by pleading with Government to please allow transaction on the binance platform.
God bless Nigeria........

Very funny talk. Do you know what crypto is all

Do you know crypto is at all

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Promise Of Dangote’s $12bn Refinery / Chat With The New UBA Banker, LEO / Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.