Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained (26307 Views)

Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform / Binance to stop Naira Services Amid Crackdown On Crypto Exchanges / ABCON: Bureaux De Change Tell FG To Ban Binance To Save Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Lapintoz50: 11:15pm On Mar 12
Children born with hate and vile that think it cannot be done, you will all be put to shame.

After all, for 8 years you vilify Bubu....what did you get out of that......disappointment yes daddy

Massiveglory:
Blame binance
Blame emiefele
Blame peter obi
Blame buhari
Blame pdp
Blame north

If you leave this cluless group of grab it and run with it confusionists, they will begin to blame Herbert Macaulay, Lord lugard , Nnamdi Azikwe and Ahamdu bello for their failures and deadness in the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Feldie: 11:16pm On Mar 12
alt3r3g0:

What % of them are tech savy to deal in crypto without proxies?
you don't need to be tech savy anything. Young people like to overrate themselves. All you need do is download the app and create an account and then you see on the app screen "BUY CRYPTO" click on it and you're half way through. Besides they have children and assistants that will put them through
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by talkreal: 11:18pm On Mar 12
Faiththatworks:
Seriously,I totally disagree with the methodology the Nigerian Government is applying in dealing with Binance.
This is totally against the norms of business ethics,inviting foreigners for a meeting and thereafter detaining them without a charge for 14 days is totally demoralizing for any serious investor.
Although I totally disagree with the government,but I wrote some few weeks ago that Binance was involved in Economic Terriorism and their Operation was equal to that of Currency Bandits and Terriorist.
Binance was a major currency speculator,it really exploited the lack of stable regulation to undermine the Naira.
I daresay with Bitcoin nearing 75000$ to 1 BTC,I'm sure the Naira would have been close to 3000 naira on binance if it wasn't disabled on the Exchange.
My solution to this impasse is for Binance to comply with the government and provide the details of their top 100 users,while Government works out a solution that will allow binance continue it's operation in Nigeria.
I believe Government can impose a tax,maybe called crypto tax or even VAT on all transaction on the platform,I'm sure if it's handled in a responsible way,it can make more than a lot of money from the exchange.
I end by pleading with Government to please allow transaction on the binance platform.
God bless Nigeria........

Very funny talk. Do you know what crypto is all

Do you know what crypto is at all
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by blueAgent(m): 11:19pm On Mar 12
adolfHitler1934:
Ndi `Uchu!
Have you asked that little mind of your why the Naira have refused to climb down ever since they detained the Binance executives and their suspension of naira operation in their app, why haven't the Naira hit 300 per dollar.
You and your incompetent people you rigged in have destroyed this country completely. You have resorted to blame everyone but yourself.

Shame on you as I spit on that forehead of yours.

You sure say,the clown you quote know watin be crypto?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by blueAgent(m): 11:22pm On Mar 12
FreeStuffsNG:
Those top 100 will reveal the identity of those behind our national insecurity, money laundering and forex manipulations.

Those who think that stating their citizenship in the report matters are deceiving themselves. This is a matter of national security and they're detained with a valid court order. They will soon be tried just like the P& ID criminals.

Sigh!!!!

Childish Rant.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Procashtips(m): 11:31pm On Mar 12
FreeStuffsNG:
They are actually not based in Nigeria. They flew in from overseas thinking that it's business as usual and they will just 'sort' and get out back to their bases overseas.

What are their names since you know that much?

And what exactly are the laws they broke?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by nigeriansamurai(m): 11:35pm On Mar 12
Only a computer illitrate would be happy with all this...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by ignis: 11:38pm On Mar 12
Please let them not mention my name.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by alt3r3g0: 11:39pm On Mar 12
Feldie:
you don't need to be tech savy anything. Young people like to overrate themselves. All you need do is download the app and create an account and then you see on the app screen "BUY CRYPTO" click on it and you're half way through. Besides they have children and assistants that will put them through

So you belive Gandollar and Akpabio would have binance account when they can easily have dollars delivered to them?

Trust me, if politicians are involved, the service would still be running. After all, they changed the law concerning age of marriage to protect Senator Yerima.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by LagosG: 11:41pm On Mar 12
Justinlean02:
I don't get the bias, hypocrisy and negativity filed with this platform. Everything positive about crypto never makes front pages, imagine BTC hitting ATH $69,000 since 2021 not a single thread about it here but make deep hit now every tom and dick will fallout with their fish brain
Be calming down. It was on the front page oga

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by silaswills01(m): 11:48pm On Mar 12
Stupid and dumb government
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Feldie: 11:51pm On Mar 12
alt3r3g0:

So you belive Gandollar and Akpabio would have binance account when they can easily have dollars delivered to them?

Trust me, if politicians are involved, the service would still be running. After all, they changed the law concerning age of marriage to protect Senator Yerima.
I don't have time for children's argument

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/466749-screenshot-of-malamis-twitter-deactivation-shows-app-for-trading-banned-cryptocurrency.html?tztc=1

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by JaskanFactor: 11:54pm On Mar 12
they dont want Nigerians to have access to a currency that can gain in value, cause if you do your population will increase
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Ejiakusmith(m): 12:00am On Mar 13
Very painfully ,,, you have a point their ,buhari was president when UAE listout those name ...... Sherrif and shetima was the top top top name on that list and nothing was done

Stevenson20:
They are doing as if they're fighting corruption. The names of terrorists and their sponsors UAE gave Nigerian government, did you people disclose their names?

Very stupid people in power

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by juwoonn(m): 12:08am On Mar 13
Daniel7543:
Make Binance no disclose anything give government.
I dey among top 10 users.
I no want government wahala.
My money for Binance fit buy Nairaland (#) and Twitter (X).

no disclose anything give government.. I take God beg una
Baba... Do me 1M.
I dey h
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Azazyel: 12:15am On Mar 13
What's with this bullying? Why is Nigerian government doing this nonsense? This has gone too far abeg
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by zumbigbo(m): 12:24am On Mar 13
favor914:
Poor Thing, I beg sharap.
Your mamà dey suckle the placenta and threw away the baby.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Raylight2(m): 12:28am On Mar 13
What kind of detention? Are they in Kirikiri maximum prison? Guys that are still feeding fat everyday on tax payers money. we're losing money to feeding those guys everyday.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by favor914: 12:35am On Mar 13
zumbigbo:
Your mamà dey suckle the placenta and threw away the baby.
At least try make sense na.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by obaidan: 12:40am On Mar 13
In terms of volume of funds moved, you'll be surprised na politicians names go still full there
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by favor914: 12:40am On Mar 13
Ejiakusmith:
Very painfully ,,, you have a point their ,buhari was president when UAE listout those name ...... Sherrif and shetima was the top top top name on that list and nothing was done

You saw the list from UAE?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by ogaontop(m): 12:41am On Mar 13
heykims:
I like this audacity, the gut of the Nigerian govt, enemies of Nigeria can go hug the transformer.
Anyone behind sabotaging our economy should be handled with iron hands regardless of their nationality.
You sound deluded bro, since Binance paused their services in Nigeria, what has happened to the economy? What has happened to Naira??
You're not intelligent at all, and your dunce counterparts are also hailing you!
The ruling class and the senators you defend are the ones sabotaging the economy not the common man on the street, or those in Binance. Imagine padding a whole country's budget with trillions and you're looking for sabotage in Binance.
Jokes apart, if they didn't get it right by the next few months, you will see naira at 2,000, and fuel at 1,000!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Vision101(m): 1:34am On Mar 13
Massiveglory:
Blame binance
Blame emiefele
Blame peter obi
Blame buhari
Blame pdp
Blame north

If you leave this cluless and criminal group of grab it and run with it confusionists, they will begin to blame Herbert Macaulay, Lord lugard , Nnamdi Azikwe and Ahamdu bello for their failures and deadness in the country.
You guys said before that Nigeria would never touch binance executives. Who dares the powers of a government.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Vision101(m): 1:40am On Mar 13
Watinhapen:
I don’t understand this unnecessary fuse about Binance. How does an app control dollar exchange in Nigeria??
What has been the results since action was taken against them. Have you not noticed some measure of stability?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Blitzking: 2:09am On Mar 13
If binance releases top 100 Nigerians users head will roll...most likely politicians and their cròonies
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Nahunger(m): 2:13am On Mar 13
Faiththatworks:
Seriously,I totally disagree with the methodology the Nigerian Government is applying in dealing with Binance.
This is totally against the norms of business ethics,inviting foreigners for a meeting and thereafter detaining them without a charge for 14 days is totally demoralizing for any serious investor.
Although I totally disagree with the government,but I wrote some few weeks ago that Binance was involved in Economic Terriorism and their Operation was equal to that of Currency Bandits and Terriorist.
Binance was a major currency speculator,it really exploited the lack of stable regulation to undermine the Naira.
I daresay with Bitcoin nearing 75000$ to 1 BTC,I'm sure the Naira would have been close to 3000 naira on binance if it wasn't disabled on the Exchange.
My solution to this impasse is for Binance to comply with the government and provide the details of their top 100 users,while Government works out a solution that will allow binance continue it's operation in Nigeria.
I believe Government can impose a tax,maybe called crypto tax or even VAT on all transaction on the platform,I'm sure if it's handled in a responsible way,it can make more than a lot of money from the exchange.
I end by pleading with Government to please allow transaction on the binance platform.

That tax and VAT wey dey hungry una, una no go see am 🤧
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by vowiski(m): 3:39am On Mar 13
Faiththatworks:

Put your right hand on your head and say after me, “I am an online noise maker with bankrupt ideas”

Do this for the next 30 days and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by BigIyanga: 4:12am On Mar 13
Top users:
Obi
Obidients
Atiku
Buharists
BMO
Emiefele
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by FireUpNow(m): 4:25am On Mar 13
Senators are somewhere padding the national budget for 2024, the go t cannot go after them. What a confused govt. Chasing shadows and blaming game. Babablublu.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by kurupt1: 4:41am On Mar 13
heykims:
I like this audacity, the gut of the Nigerian govt, enemies of Nigeria can go hug the transformer.
Anyone behind sabotaging our economy should be handled with iron hands regardless of their nationality.

You get low IQ. So binance is the cause of our currency fall?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by MEDOthaOG: 4:44am On Mar 13
nlfpmod:

https://techcrunch.com/2024/03/12/nigeria-demands-binance-disclose-top-users-executives-remain-detained/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFOSDPqLBq-LylWT6_m4eDryd-hpLMdadWOiY3Nr9hSOKLA_VFACnP6E85O2SCE2r4SAHjsRry3n1KycoLOa4A0wZnqgQ2LOPlcuSWk29xV2jrO0W5-QzALjpBv9Z9SYkSFACcGvPfSWtcLFsfmwblvH1diaHnbIpCRdqnr4NjrU

I understand the Government is trying to do all it's best the stop naira from spiking but exposing top 100 users. It's against their privacy policy and a company that's huge will never compromise better they start looking for alternatives.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by hansomb: 4:49am On Mar 13
Fxxk anyone who is supporting Binance , including you reading this. You are one of the problems of this country. Fxxk You.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unusual Names Of CBN-Approved BDC Operators / The Promise Of Dangote’s $12bn Refinery / Chat With The New UBA Banker, LEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.