Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained (26320 Views)

Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform / Binance to stop Naira Services Amid Crackdown On Crypto Exchanges / ABCON: Bureaux De Change Tell FG To Ban Binance To Save Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Greenfusion: 4:49am On Mar 13
Faiththatworks:
Seriously,I totally disagree with the methodology the Nigerian Government is applying in dealing with Binance.
This is totally against the norms of business ethics,inviting foreigners for a meeting and thereafter detaining them without a charge for 14 days is totally demoralizing for any serious investor.
Although I totally disagree with the government,but I wrote some few weeks ago that Binance was involved in Economic Terriorism and their Operation was equal to that of Currency Bandits and Terriorist.
Binance was a major currency speculator,it really exploited the lack of stable regulation to undermine the Naira.
I daresay with Bitcoin nearing 75000$ to 1 BTC,I'm sure the Naira would have been close to 3000 naira on binance if it wasn't disabled on the Exchange.
My solution to this impasse is for Binance to comply with the government and provide the details of their top 100 users,while Government works out a solution that will allow binance continue it's operation in Nigeria.
I believe Government can impose a tax,maybe called crypto tax or even VAT on all transaction on the platform,I'm sure if it's handled in a responsible way,it can make more than a lot of money from the exchange.
I end by pleading with Government to please allow transaction on the binance platform.
God bless Nigeria........
Why is it that it's only Naira that is "affected" , why don't they "manipulate" other currencies?

The thing is that naira has become mismanaged and useless. Who wants to save in naira? I can bet that even the so called government officials save in foreign currencies and do currency trades.

It's very bad for officials to be invited for a meeting and detained, it's like kidnapping. Other businesses would learn from this.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by ufotunang: 5:16am On Mar 13
Massiveglory:
Blame binance
Blame emiefele
Blame peter obi
Blame buhari
Blame pdp
Blame north

If you leave this cluless and criminal group of grab it and run with it confusionists, they will begin to blame Herbert Macaulay, Lord lugard , Nnamdi Azikwe and Ahamdu bello for their failures and deadness in the country.
..abi .. what did nigerians expect from a president that only told them...it's my turn
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by ufotunang: 5:17am On Mar 13
Very soon they will blame nigerians for their failures and depreciation and crashing of the naira
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by maasoap(m): 6:27am On Mar 13
Massiveglory:
Blame binance
Blame emiefele
Blame peter obi
Blame buhari
Blame pdp
Blame north

If you leave this cluless and criminal group of grab it and run with it confusionists, they will begin to blame Herbert Macaulay, Lord lugard , Nnamdi Azikwe and Ahamdu bello for their failures and deadness in the country.
Well, something has to be done. Most of the people you mentioned are in one way or the other guilty of one thing or two. They are not innocent
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by maasoap(m): 6:34am On Mar 13
otunbakolawole:
Central Banks and commercial banks have had a monopolistic stranglehold on their customer’s money for centuries. And as we have seen with the Emefiele saga, Central banks and commercial banks are not shy about abusing our privileged trust.
Crypto destroy their monopoly by decentralizing and disintermediating financial transactions hence they will fight tooth and nail to hold onto their powers even as it fades away. Why detain those two? Unto what end?

The same trash that was sold to Nigerians during the time of MMM that made millions of Nigerians lost their money to scammers.
Those two and Binance top users, did you read how they used Binance platform to manipulate naira everyday and caused its consistent fallen in value? Have you seen how naira has stopped fallen and remained stable since Binance criminals were dealt with? That says a lot about them and that they have questions to answer
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by aamir14t: 6:54am On Mar 13
Lol..They won't release that information and they would be set free.Nigeria is already a manipulated country. Imagine suspending a senator that opened their nyashLol..They won't release that information and they would be set free.Nigeria is already a manipulated country. Imagine suspending a senator that opened their nyash...
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Truthshotcrazy: 7:00am On Mar 13
inoki247:
Lol since the ban the Dollar jus stay for one place...

Make the Dollar try go down na abi he don reach bus stop ni...
grin cool
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Judolisco(m): 7:25am On Mar 13
lexy2014:
how will all this make the naira rise against the dollar?
politicians dey hide money inside crypto wallet... I think FG is trying to get it back
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by lexy2014: 7:42am On Mar 13
Judolisco:
politicians dey hide money inside crypto wallet... I think FG is trying to get it back

that is not what I asked.

how will all this make the naira rise against the dollar?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by WithX(m): 7:48am On Mar 13
ogaontop:

You sound deluded bro, since Binance paused their services in Nigeria, what has happened to the economy? What has happened to Naira??
You're not intelligent at all, and your dunce counterparts are also hailing you!
The ruling class and the senators you defend are the ones sabotaging the economy not the common man on the street, or those in Binance. Imagine padding a whole country's budget with trillions and you're looking for sabotage in Binance.
Jokes apart, if they didn't get it right by the next few months, you will see naira at 2,000, and fuel at 1,000!

Are you seriously asking this question?
Can't you see the relative stability in rates.

Before the ban Naira was on a free fall, the rate was increasing with between 50-100 naira on a daily. Sometimes it even increases three times a day.

There has been a halt to those manipulations since the ban. One of the reasons its not coming down is you don't expect people who buy at 1800 naira to offload at 1600, they would rather hold on to it and wait for it to at least get to that mark before offsetting unless there is emergency need.

Let us be sincere, on the naira, its effective but on general price level nothing yet
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by wilsonlexis: 8:07am On Mar 13
We need to calm down,Bola Tinubu is the most intelligent president,that's why you voted for him so whatever his administration does you don't need to complaint,
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Beautifulday: 8:15am On Mar 13
Daniel7543:
Make Binance no disclose anything give government.
I dey among top 10 users.
I no want government wahala.
My money for Binance fit buy Nairaland (#) and Twitter (X).

no disclose anything give government.. I take God beg una

You no dey first 100 thousand. No fear grin
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Gboom: 8:21am On Mar 13
Massiveglory:
Blame binance
Blame emiefele
Blame peter obi
Blame buhari
Blame pdp
Blame north

Continue hating na u sabi
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by adefitim(m): 8:39am On Mar 13
Justinlean02:
I don't get the bias, hypocrisy and negativity filed with this platform. Everything positive about crypto never makes front pages, imagine BTC hitting ATH $69,000 since 2021 not a single thread about it here but make deep hit now every tom and dick will fallout with their fish brain

You knew Crypto reached $69k since 2021 and You can’t update us here, why must be others? Y can’t you do it?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by ozoneboy(m): 8:44am On Mar 13
heykims:
I like this audacity, the gut of the Nigerian govt, enemies of Nigeria can go hug the transformer.
Anyone behind sabotaging our economy should be handled with iron hands regardless of their nationality.

See real enemy of Nigeria,be bullying private investors and expect more to come,some people no get sense at all,do your fucking jobs and leave crypto alone.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Pickmycall: 8:49am On Mar 13
Justinlean02:
I don't get the bias, hypocrisy and negativity filed with this platform. Everything positive about crypto never makes front pages, imagine BTC hitting ATH $69,000 since 2021 not a single thread about it here but make deep hit now every tom and dick will fallout with their fish brain
What Is our benefit?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by RickyJesus: 9:02am On Mar 13
Justinlean02:
You most be idiot if you can't figure out that crypto is just a larger scam that benefit the very few. What happen with all the buzz around around web3.0.

We guys should give it a rest.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by F1F2F3: 9:07am On Mar 13
heykims:
I like this audacity, the gut of the Nigerian govt, enemies of Nigeria can go hug the transformer.
Anyone behind sabotaging our economy should be handled with iron hands regardless of their nationality.

You are an idiot and God will punish you for this stupid statement you made. Let me ask you this, who do you think are the enemies of this country?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Lomprico2: 10:07am On Mar 13
Dubai government have already exposed and named those who finance and sponsor terrorism in Nigeria. What has the FG done with that information?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by fortunez1(m): 10:12am On Mar 13
Massiveglory:
Blame binance
Blame emiefele
Blame peter obi
Blame buhari
Blame pdp
Blame north

U follow Lauder money through Binance abi, na why ur bp dey rise

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by jazzman7711: 11:17am On Mar 13
Azazyel:
What's with this bullying? Why is Nigerian government doing this nonsense? This has gone too far abeg

YOU ARE A CRIMINAL AND A THIEF.

THAT IS WHY YOU OPPOSE THE INVESTIGATION.

I HOPE EFCC ARE ON THIS SITE TAKING NOTE OF YOU CRIMINALS HERE.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Johnthesuccess: 11:40am On Mar 13
Daniel7543:
Make Binance no disclose anything give government.
I dey among top 10 users.
I no want government wahala.
My money for Binance fit buy Nairaland (#) and Twitter (X).

no disclose anything give government.. I take God beg una

You have already disclosed yourself.congratulation.
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by winner37(m): 11:48am On Mar 13
Nigeria with million population and government is only asking for just 100 top binance users isn't clearing showing that they don't know what they are doing? ..so when the top 100 users are given to them what will happen to the rest of top 100 users?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by heykims(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13
F1F2F3:

You are an idiot and God will punish you for this stupid statement you made. Let me ask you this, who do you think are the enemies of this country?
People like u that celebrate when bad news hit Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Growing(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13
Propaganda promax
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Charly68: 1:13pm On Mar 13
It they don't want to talk they should remain in detention.. nobody can try such nonsense in their states yet they come to bastardize our economy ..the nonsense must stop
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by heykims(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13
F1F2F3:

O ye enemies of Nigeria
Come celebrate the USA

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by heykims(m): 4:49pm On Mar 13
F1F2F3:

Oya come celebrate the USA, O ye enemies of thy own nation.

Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by Cromagnon: 7:21pm On Mar 13
otunbakolawole:
Central Banks and commercial banks have had a monopolistic stranglehold on their customer’s money for centuries. And as we have seen with the Emefiele saga, Central banks and commercial banks are not shy about abusing our privileged trust.
Crypto destroy their monopoly by decentralizing and disintermediating financial transactions hence they will fight tooth and nail to hold onto their powers even as it fades away. Why detain those two? Unto what end?
why did you leave your money there?
Re: Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained by civilserva: 7:40pm On Mar 13
heykims:

The friends of Nigerians are those loot and share our common resources while the enemies Nigeria are those who complain about anomalies in the system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chat With The New UBA Banker, LEO / Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market / UBA Staff Clap And Share Snacks With Customers To Show Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.