Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,300 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos (48562 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Catholic Church In Yola Built A Mosque For Muslims - Bishop Mamza / Picture Of A Mosque & Church Side-By-Side In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by TheAdvocate(m): 5:34pm On Mar 13
That's Adebayo Street in Jos. Yoruba mosque & a Yoruba church.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by PastorFire: 5:34pm On Mar 13
Lovelyn451:
That Church I'll be extremely careful

Nothing will happen to it. Both religion have no problem with eachother in the area.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by stasius: 5:34pm On Mar 13
There is a shrine after the mosque.

You didn't capture it well.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by EEIA: 5:35pm On Mar 13
Meektunz:
The picture below is a building of a Baptist church and a mosque built together in Adebayor street, Jos. It has been there since the 80's... There has been a lot of religious crises in Jos where many churches and mosques were burnt but nothing has ever happened to this particular one.
That Mosque should be demolished.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by EEIA: 5:37pm On Mar 13
TheAdvocate:
Mosque is mosque, church is church… nothing Yoruba attached to it.

The Mosque should be demolished.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Rumundele(m): 5:43pm On Mar 13
Ok seen
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by slowice(m): 5:46pm On Mar 13
willi926:
So just a reminder to those burning churches and mosque that these 2 structures are still standing in the same street. They should come and do the needful Abi?

Christian don't burn mosque.... No time
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Bigseven(m): 5:52pm On Mar 13
Slimlord:

Perhaps she wore a tight gown, or a shirt not longer than her ass, or a small revealing outfit
everyone can easily assume that buh she didn’t wear any Of such.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Newton2024: 5:59pm On Mar 13
everythingtall3:
Islam is our number 1 problem in this world. It has really really divided us . How can we be fighting for Allah when he's the most powerful.
Why do you people hate saying the truth the it is without sitting on the fence?
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Newton2024: 6:01pm On Mar 13
willi926:
So just a reminder to those burning churches and mosque that these 2 structures are still standing in the same street. They should come and do the needful Abi?
Who are burning mosques if not the Muslim terrorists burning churches? Your comments doesn't make sense.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by seunny4lif(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13
I just remember that in Akure around Arakale road, 4 religion centres were beside each other.
Deeper life, CAC, a Mosque and one of Akure bale house that alway carry masquerades every year.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by geoworldedu: 6:01pm On Mar 13
easzypeaszy:
At Agidigbi, Ikeja.
There a Church, Mosque and Shrine beside each other.
Three things nolllywood yoruba always use to end their stories grin
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Stevenbright(m): 6:08pm On Mar 13
Meektunz:
The picture below is a building of a Baptist church and a mosque built together in Adebayor street, Jos. It has been there since the 80's... There has been a lot of religious crises in Jos where many churches and mosques were burnt but nothing has ever happened to this particular one.

This is supposed to be a symbol of a peaceful coexistence by the adherents of both religions and the leaders of the two organizations should be acknowledged.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Nokio2: 6:12pm On Mar 13
The two buildings are not side by side neither are they on the same street
Why u no snap the plenty ashawo houses wey divide the two buildings?
Plus the mosque no reach 10yrs
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by ncoolsome(m): 6:13pm On Mar 13
CrownOfClay724:
What's the point of this picture?

Highlighting it so that it can be attacked at the next unrest?

Attacked by which religion ??don't be shy,mention the name..
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by pak: 6:14pm On Mar 13
TheAdvocate:

Is it the one off Bauchi Road, not far from Terminus ?

I know that axis has a heavy Yoruba presence
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Mandesz(m): 6:17pm On Mar 13
NeoWanZaeed:
At least...mosque ain't force paying you tax called tithe
I don't blame u. Even your prophet led wars against the life people created by the same God he claimed he worked for in his life time. So the same part Boko Haram, Taliban, ISIS, hesbollah, Al Qaeda, iswa, and others follow.
xtains pay tithe and we're happy for it. Force or no force we no go court for that.

Congratulations to the religion of "peace".
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by willi926(m): 6:18pm On Mar 13
Newton2024:
Who are burning mosques if not the Muslim terrorists burning churches? Your comments doesn't make sense.
Read my comment slowly. Don't rush.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by kayswag100(m): 6:19pm On Mar 13
Meektunz:

That's my church. You are wrong about nothing happening to the church during religious crisis.

I remember a time when those hausa folks tried burning the church. They even threw fire into the mosque as well. It's a yoruba mosque
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by TRIXIA: 6:22pm On Mar 13
Meektunz:

This should be in nassarawa gwom. This was street i lived. Free food during Ramadan. Majorly yorubas especially ogbomosho people lived in this area. Awesome environment
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by TRIXIA: 6:23pm On Mar 13
kayswag100:

That's my church. You are wrong about nothing happening to the church during religious crisis.

I remember a time when those hausa folks tried burning the church. They even threw fire into the mosque as well. It's a yoruba mosque

You should know the Orelopes. That was my zone in the 90s
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by J3susFr3ak: 6:29pm On Mar 13
slivertongue:
Yoruba church and mosque

I have passec by Adebayo street in the past. Perhaps because of the ethnic affinities and factor....it is way easier for the Yorubas in Adebayp street to have this structure coexist.

Hausa Fulani settlements do not even see the Yoruba Muslims as real Muslims ans always gave an extreme Jihadist agenda in everything, The Hausa Fulani Muslim setllers are diametrically opposed to the native indigenous people who are NOT Hausa or Fulani and mostly Christian.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Blitzerz: 6:36pm On Mar 13
NeoWanZaeed:
Sharap. Its boko haram u force pple into
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by bizzibodi(m): 6:38pm On Mar 13
Na yoruba mosque be that,that why youruba are more tolerant religiously exception of ishak Abdurasak(muric)
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Yankee101: 6:38pm On Mar 13
Because it’s Christian dominate
Try it in a Muslim dominated state
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by J3susFr3ak: 6:40pm On Mar 13
slivertongue:
Yoruba church and mosque

I have passed by Adebayo street in the past. Perhaps because of the ethnic affinities and factor....it is way easier for the Yorubas in Adebayo street to have these structures coexist.

Hausa Fulani settlements do not even see the Yoruba Muslims as real Muslims and do always have an extreme Jihadist agenda in everything, The Hausa Fulani Muslim setllers are diametrically opposed to the native indigenous people who are NOT Hausa or Fulani and mostly Christian. I think the Yoruba Muslims feel more safe in Christian areas than any where near Hausa Fulani settlements. Jos also has a Church Street and it's nice to be able to compare and contrast with other Church Streets in other parts of the world.

But on a more serious spiritual note....the mere proximity of structures says nothing about real tolerance or even Holiness.

Right below is a picture of a Church sharing the same building with a strip club in Toronto next door. If the Pastor or members of that Church secretly patronize the strippers while claiming to be a Church....then they would have failed in their core mission. However if worn out and battered strippers run to the Church in search of true peace and hope and there is someone in there to pray with them and lead them to Jesus Christ,,,,then they would be succeeding in their core mission. In any reasonable sense, a Spirit filled Church should be sending nuclear level waves of massive conviction even to the mosque structure nearby....and you do not even need loud speakers for that....only sincere prayer.

Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by jetson06: 6:45pm On Mar 13
And so Bleep what?
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by faceland: 6:47pm On Mar 13
Cmeo:
This was Nigeria, when the going was good

Things has changed since then (Jos could have been a hybrid of Lagos and Abuja).

Now they don't burn it because, the other would also catch fire.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Uptheante(m): 7:01pm On Mar 13
Bigseven:
Religion is the major problem of this country and is a big set back that’s why after 63years of independence we still don’t have one Nigeria. Infact lately I feel this country should be to shared or divided into five. Especially Middle Belt should be independent so it can fight it’s enemies.
A scenario happen to my sister serving in kano on Monday, she was walking heading to her PPA the some
Almajeri’s began to throw stone at her for no reason and chanting “this one is arna” This is how bad religion has got Nigeria into. She’s leaving kano asap because that’s a threat to her life.

Any religion that has intolerance towards another religion is a catalyst to chaos. Let love lead pls
Maybe she dressed indecently.
Next time, advice her to dress modestly & cover her hair if possible, she mustn't even wear hijab like them.
Let her just dress decently & avoid wearing short skirts, short gowns, bum shorts, tight leggings or even wearing blouse that will expose her boobs.
It's not rocket science bro.
Muslim kids won't throw stones at a decently dressed lady even if she doesn't wear hijab.
Muslim kids are not trained to ignore indecent dressing if they see it.
By the way, I'm a Christian myself

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by johnog4sure: 7:02pm On Mar 13
everythingtall3:
Religion is our number 1 problem in this world. It has really really divided us . How can we be fighting for God when he's the most powerful.
I HATE RELIGION!!!
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Lawag3: 7:07pm On Mar 13
NeoWanZaeed:

Churches don't force people to pay tithe.

And it's your God that ordered tithes.

Or are Christian and Moslem God not the same again.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by CrownOfClay724: 7:09pm On Mar 13
ncoolsome:

Attacked by which religion ??don't be shy,mention the name..

Me ?
Shy ke?!

The regular aggressors nah.
Or you've seen Christians attack anyone before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TB Joshua Predicted Election Postponement (Video) / Photo Of The Enugu Mourners Who Confessed Killing Man With Juju At His Burial / Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.