Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos (48559 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Catholic Church In Yola Built A Mosque For Muslims - Bishop Mamza / Picture Of A Mosque & Church Side-By-Side In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by slivertongue: 12:03am On Mar 14
J3susFr3ak:

I have passec by Adebayo street in the past. Perhaps because of the ethnic affinities and factor....it is way easier for the Yorubas in Adebayp street to have this structure coexist.

Hausa Fulani settlements do not even see the Yoruba Muslims as real Muslims ans always gave an extreme Jihadist agenda in everything, The Hausa Fulani Muslim setllers are diametrically opposed to the native indigenous people who are NOT Hausa or Fulani and mostly Christian.

that area is dominated by hausa settlers
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Kingzmate(m): 12:04am On Mar 14
DIFFERENT DAYS OF WORSHIP AND FELLOWSHIP shocked shocked
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by J3susFr3ak: 12:46am On Mar 14
slivertongue:

that area is dominated by hausa settlers

It's been a while I was around there...but if I would hazard a guess....it is located at a major street after the former but now bombed and scrapped Terminus market area. When the market was active back in the day...the Yorubas were quite a lot in that area...including the Nassarawa area. I am made aware that most Yoruba Muslims migrate to Christian dominated areas for their safety. So the Hausa gradually encroach those places.

There used to be a COCIN Church ChwelNyap (ChwelNyap is the original Berom name of the entire area from the Terminus down) but that Chruch always got attacked and burnt. I don't even know if it still exists there again.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by kayswag100(m): 12:55am On Mar 14
TRIXIA:

You should know the Orelopes. That was my zone in the 90s

Sure baba.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by kayswag100(m): 1:01am On Mar 14
Maliqcious:
This is dadin kowa

Wrong
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:06am On Mar 14
Lawag3:

But Allah said he is the God of the people of the books.
And the the verse that talks about tithe is in the old testament.

Bible is not Injil.. Bible was not written when jesus was alive. Bible is not word of God but account of events witnessed by different people during Jesus time. And paul wrote 90% of bible. Someone who never met Jesus lol

And the book holy bible ...was written by different authors with wide differences.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by J3susFr3ak: 5:31am On Mar 14
NeoWanZaeed:

Bible is not Injil.. Bible was not written when jesus was alive. Bible is not word of God but account of events witnessed by different people during Jesus time. And paul wrote 90% of bible. Someone who never met Jesus lol

And the book holy bible ...was written by different authors with wide differences.

You see how you contradict yourself? Yet your Koran references and uses the names of many Old Testament Jewish Prophets without having any clue about who they were, how they were qualified to be called Prophets and how God supernaturally revealed His Word to them.

And you confuse yourself about Paul writing 90 percent of the Bible. You mean the New Testament part of the Bible? And how could Paul a Jewish Rabbi fanatic who pursued and killed Christians everywhere...suddenly have a genuine 180 degrees about turn conversion--if not from His Divine encounter of actually meeting Jesus Supernaturally--when he Paul was going to kill more Christians in Damascus. Paul's conversion would have been impossible without he meeting with Jesus who blinded and talked to him. Read some of my topics posted here. ..Jesus Christ is still appearing to many Muslims like you and Proving to them that He is still alive.

When last did your Allah appear and convince anyone about His supernatural Power and Truth? Jesus Christ is still very active even today.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Luckysbab: 5:44am On Mar 14
Bigseven:
Religion is the major problem of this country and is a big set back that’s why after 63years of independence we still don’t have one Nigeria. Infact lately I feel this country should be to shared or divided into five. Especially Middle Belt should be independent so it can fight it’s enemies.
A scenario happen to my sister serving in kano on Monday, she was walking heading to her PPA the some
Almajeri’s began to throw stone at her for no reason and chanting “this one is arna” This is how bad religion has got Nigeria into. She’s leaving kano asap because that’s a threat to her life.

Note: she wasn’t on trousers nor mini skirt, her dressing was descent enough knowing that she’s working in an environment dominated by them.

Any religion that has intolerance towards another religion is a catalyst to chaos. Let love lead pls

You are a liar.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Slimlord(m): 6:41am On Mar 14
Bigseven:
everyone can easily assume that buh she didn’t wear any Of such.
I actually said perhaps..I stayed in Kano. They won't just stone her for nothing.
I'm not saying they are right. That's barbaric. Or perhaps they want money and she didn't give lol
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Uptheante(m): 7:02am On Mar 14
Bigseven:
I only blame myself for responding to you lad. I can’t bring it up if I didn’t interrogate her thoroughly. You are saying “other girls” in the North but do you know whether it’s a new trend? I pray it happen to anyone close to you or your sister or mother so you can share your experience. The foolish and myopic analysis you trying make out here is out of place because you don’t read to understand but to quote. You said how comes other girls in the area? Did I mention she resides there? Open your mind Stop bring up excuses.
I'm sorry sir

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Pickup8: 7:33am On Mar 14
everythingtall3:
Religion is our number 1 problem in this world. It has really really divided us . How can we be fighting for God when he's the most powerful.

Islam is the only religion fighting for God in the whole world.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Pickup8: 7:36am On Mar 14
NeoWanZaeed:
At least...mosque ain't force paying you tax called tithe
Yes, mosque is only forcing Jaqah, Sakat and Jisyah 😂 fool.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Prettychild(f): 8:25am On Mar 14
Meektunz:
The picture below is a building of a Baptist church and a mosque built together in Adebayor street, Jos. It has been there since the 80's... There has been a lot of religious crises in Jos where many churches and mosques were burnt but nothing has ever happened to this particular one.
It’s two brothers that built it, I know the place. One was a Christian and the other a Muslim .
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by slivertongue: 10:18am On Mar 14
J3susFr3ak:

It's been a while I was around there...but if I would hazard a guess....it is located at a major street after the former but now bombed and scrapped Terminus market area. When the market was active back in the day...the Yorubas were quite a lot in that area...including the Nassarawa area. I am made aware that most Yoruba Muslims migrate to Christian dominated areas for their safety. So the Hausa gradually encroach those places.

There used to be a COCIN Church ChwelNyap (ChwelNyap is the original Berom name of the entire area from the Terminus down) but that Chruch always got attacked and burnt. I don't even know if it still exists there again.

COCIN Church ChwelNyap still there
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Lawag3: 10:18am On Mar 14
NeoWanZaeed:

The old testament were tithes are talked about was written and compiled before Jesus was born. Jesus read the scriptures. He quoted the scriptures.

All authors of the Bible were inspired by God.

What wide difference are in the Bible?
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by slivertongue: 10:19am On Mar 14
Prettychild:

It’s two brothers that built it, I know the place. One was a Christian and the other a Muslim .

misleading. Ogbomoso Christian & Muslim built it
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by slivertongue: 10:25am On Mar 14
NeoWanZaeed:

Bible is not Injil.. Bible was not written when jesus was alive. Bible is not word of God but account of events witnessed by different people during Jesus time. [/b]And paul wrote 90% of bible.[b] Someone who never met Jesus lol

you displayed ignorance @d highlighted statement.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:34am On Mar 14
slivertongue:

you displayed ignorance @d highlighted statement.

You are the dumb one.. The paul reference is to the new testament
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:35am On Mar 14
Lawag3:

The old testament were tithes are talked about was written and compiled before Jesus was born. Jesus read the scriptures. He quoted the scriptures.

All authors of the Bible were inspired by God.

What wide difference are in the Bible?

Which god inspired them? Laughing.. You are very funny..
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Lawag3: 10:40am On Mar 14
NeoWanZaeed:

Which god inspired them? Laughing.. You are very funny..

Your God since Mohammed said the God of the Jews Christians and Moslem are the same.

What difference in the Bible are you talking about.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:42am On Mar 14
Lawag3:

Your God since Mohammed said the God of the Jews Christians and Moslem are the same.

What difference in the Bible are you talking about.

Nah.. Your God is human, spirit and a son lol..

My Creator is Allah..meaning He whom we worship and he's not begotten nor he begets.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Lawag3: 10:47am On Mar 14
NeoWanZaeed:

Nah.. Your God is human, spirit and a son lol..

My Creator is Allah..meaning He whom we worship and he's not begotten nor he begets.

So then Mohammed was wrong and you know better than him.

God is not human. God became human to die for you. We're made in God's image right? And a human being is a body soul and spirit. God is God the Father God the son and God the holy Spirit.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Ohyoudidnt: 11:38am On Mar 14
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by ksauthenticoi: 12:41pm On Mar 14
Skooltynz:

the way una dey reason for this forum eeehhh o ga ooo.

Don't mind our people bro, we should all be made to go for psychiatric test compulsorily just like BVN and NIN. The way Nigerians reason is so frightening
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:03pm On Mar 14
Lawag3:

So then Mohammed was wrong and you know better than him.

God is not human. God became human to die for you. We're made in God's image right? And a human being is a body soul and spirit. God is God the Father God the son and God the holy Spirit.

That nonsense is in your Bible.

Bible is not the book given to eesa. He was given injil. He taught his people with injil. Bible existed 400 years after eeesa was ascended to heaven.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by SaLongs1(m): 2:07pm On Mar 14
NeoWanZaeed:
At least Church don't pronote Boko Haram, ISWAP, Ansaru, UGM and Marauding herdsmen.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by SaLongs1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 14
NeoWanZaeed:
At least Church don't pronote Boko Haram, ISWAP, Ansaru, UGM and Marauding herdsmen. It's founder ain't no pedophile either.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Lawag3: 8:27pm On Mar 14
NeoWanZaeed:

That nonsense is in your Bible.

Bible is not the book given to eesa. He was given injil. He taught his people with injil. Bible existed 400 years after eeesa was ascended to heaven.

Nope you are wrong the old testament existed during the time of Jesus Jesus quoted the scriptures. And the injil is the word of Jesus right in that injil Jesus called himself God. Do you know that.

And it's Isa not eesa
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Bigseven(m): 8:40pm On Mar 14
Luckysbab:

You are a liar.
well that’s your opinion and you are F….. entitled to it.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Bigseven(m): 11:58pm On Mar 14
Luckysbab:

You are a liar.
dear fool, not everyone is like you. I think my post is a mirror of your true self that’s why you sound this rude

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TB Joshua Predicted Election Postponement (Video) / Photo Of The Enugu Mourners Who Confessed Killing Man With Juju At His Burial / Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.