Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos (48559 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Catholic Church In Yola Built A Mosque For Muslims - Bishop Mamza / Picture Of A Mosque & Church Side-By-Side In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by countryman13: 7:12pm On Mar 13
everythingtall3:
Religion is our number 1 problem in this world. It has really really divided us . How can we be fighting for God when he's the most powerful.
We are fighting for the SUPREME God because of our hypocritical ways of life! Until we learn dt religious is nt a battle but a way of way of life!
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Bigseven(m): 7:21pm On Mar 13
Uptheante:

Maybe she dressed indecently.
Next time, advice her to dress modestly & cover her hair if possible, she mustn't even wear hijab like them.
Let her just dress decently & avoid wearing short skirts, short gowns, bum shorts, tight leggings or even wearing blouse that will expose her boobs.
It's not rocket science bro.
Muslim kids won't throw stones at a decently dressed lady even if she doesn't wear hijab.
Muslim kids are not trained to ignore indecent dressing if they see it.
By the way, I'm a Christian myself
me man nothing wrong with her dressing.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Uptheante(m): 7:24pm On Mar 13
Bigseven:
me man nothing wrong with her dressing.
A dressing that you consider as nothing wrong to you may still look indecent to them over there.
For instance, you may see a girl wearing a short gown or a short as normal to you, but it's indecent to them over there
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by makavalley(m): 7:25pm On Mar 13
Bigseven:
Religion is the major problem of this country and is a big set back that’s why after 63years of independence we still don’t have one Nigeria. Infact lately I feel this country should be to shared or divided into five. Especially Middle Belt should be independent so it can fight it’s enemies.
A scenario happen to my sister serving in kano on Monday, she was walking heading to her PPA the some
Almajeri’s began to throw stone at her for no reason and chanting “this one is arna” This is how bad religion has got Nigeria into. She’s leaving kano asap because that’s a threat to her life.

Note: she wasn’t on trousers nor mini skirt, her dressing was descent enough knowing that she’s working in an environment dominated by them.

Any religion that has intolerance towards another religion is a catalyst to chaos. Let love lead pls

Is she still there? She should leave ASAP , before the religious bigots and unfortunate being devour her.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Bigseven(m): 7:28pm On Mar 13
Uptheante:

A dressing that you consider as nothing wrong to you may still look indecent to them over there.
For instance, you may see a girl wearing a short gown or a short as normal to you, but it's indecent to them over there
mr novice I know exactly what decent dressing mean cos i schooled in the north. Beside I questioned her about it and she even sent me the cloths she was putting on. Stop creating excuses for evil act
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:33pm On Mar 13
Godons1:
This is similar to Kaduna main Town. There is a big Church beside and big Mosque
I even thought its the one in kaduna and they are looking very similar even the building.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Maliqcious: 7:37pm On Mar 13
This is dadin kowa
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Talknochip(m): 7:41pm On Mar 13
This is Adebayo Street.
The Church is a Baptist Church. Attended by mostly Yoruba people.
The Mosque is called Nurredeen mosque
Attended by mostly Yoruba people.
Both mosque and Church is situated in Hausa Muslim dominated area.

Yes, there are still area in Jos that Christian and Muslim still stay together.. Places like Dadin kowa, Rayfield, some part of farin gada, bida bidi, mista ali, Nepa mile 7, millionaire quarters etc
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Waywardson6: 7:44pm On Mar 13
Oga, I wonder oooooo
everythingtall3:
Religion is our number 1 problem in this world. It has really really divided us . How can we be fighting for God when he's the most powerful.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:59pm On Mar 13
Lawag3:

Churches don't force people to pay tithe.

And it's your God that ordered tithes.

Or are Christian and Moslem God not the same again.

They worship Jesus who's a human being.

Muslims worship ALLAH who is nothing like his creations
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by ransomed: 8:00pm On Mar 13
Two Yoruba brothers made it happened. It is after Terminus market.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by J3susFr3ak: 8:08pm On Mar 13
NeoWanZaeed:

I see your ignorance is shining through here....

You know why Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross as urged on by the Jews. They mistakenly had the same view as yours.

Jesus Christ is the Living Word of God who is a core part of the Godhead even before anything was created. He had to become a human being to become the only Perfect Sacrifice to atone for the entire sins of mankind if they believe and repent. He rose again on the third day and is now in control of everything in Heaven and on earth.

Let me help you understand the Christian view of God. God is a Spirit. He is a Living Spirit. This means anything that proceeds from Him is also ALIVE and EQUAL with Him. The only two Entities that share equality and power as God is His Word and His Spirit.

Jesus is the Word of God becoming flesh to die for your sins. Repent.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Uptheante(m): 8:15pm On Mar 13
Bigseven:
mr novice I know exactly what decent dressing mean cos i schooled in the north. Beside I questioned her about it and she even sent me the cloths she was putting on. Stop creating excuses for evil act
Let her tell you the truth bro.
I have also lived in the north, Katsina, Kano at some point & I'm conversant with northern practices & outlook to life.
How come other Christian girls living in that area were not stoned by those kids except her?
Your sister is not sincere
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Clean2016: 8:25pm On Mar 13
willi926:
So just a reminder to those burning churches and mosque that these 2 structures are still standing in the same street. They should come and do the needful Abi?

HONESTLY THAT WAS WHAT I WANTED TO SAY

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:40pm On Mar 13
J3susFr3ak:

I see your ignorance is shining through here....

You know why Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross as urged on by the Jews. They mistakenly had the same view as yours.

Jesus Christ is the Living Word of God who is a core part of the Godhead even before anything was created. He had to become a human being to become the only Perfect Sacrifice to atone for the entire sins of mankind if they believe and repent. He rose again on the third day and is now in control of everything in Heaven and on earth.

Let me help you understand the Christian view of God. God is a Spirit. He is a Living Spirit. This means anything that proceeds from Him is also ALIVE and EQUAL with Him. The only two Entities that share equality and power as God is His Word and His Spirit.

Jesus is the Word of God becoming flesh to die for your sins. Repent.

Bible was written by unknown authors with unverified account of events and with contradictory stories and bible was written around 400 years after Jesus..
Yet, somehow.. You believed that to be holy book lol..

Eesa was never crucified... Allah lift him up to HIMSELF..
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Kingrshd3: 8:45pm On Mar 13
Skooltynz:

the way una dey reason for this forum eeehhh o ga ooo.

That guy na adult fool I swear 👿
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Godons1: 8:46pm On Mar 13
tetralogyfallot:
I even thought its the one in kaduna and they are looking very similar even the building.

True
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by J3susFr3ak: 8:48pm On Mar 13
NeoWanZaeed:

Bible was written by unknown authors with unverified account of events and with contradictory stories and bible was written around 400 years after Jesus..

Now you are doubling down on your ignorance with brazen bold faced lies.

I see you prefer the twisted evidence coming from some Arabian dude born 600 years after the critical events witnessed by Real World Empires to give you his own verson of what happened in Judea.

Even your Koran and its deceptive trail of evidence will thrown out of a competent court of law based on hard core historical evidence alone.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Bigseven(m): 8:50pm On Mar 13
Uptheante:

Let her tell you the truth bro.
I have also lived in the north, Katsina, Kano at some point & I'm conversant with northern practices & outlook to life.
How come other Christian girls living in that area were not stoned by those kids except her?
Your sister is not sincere
I only blame myself for responding to you lad. I can’t bring it up if I didn’t interrogate her thoroughly. You are saying “other girls” in the North but do you know whether it’s a new trend? I pray it happen to anyone close to you or your sister or mother so you can share your experience. The foolish and myopic analysis you trying make out here is out of place because you don’t read to understand but to quote. You said how comes other girls in the area? Did I mention she resides there? Open your mind Stop bring up excuses.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by babajero(m): 8:50pm On Mar 13
NeoWanZaeed:
At least...mosque ain't force paying you tax called tithe
Mosque tax is more and by force sometimes you even have to pay with your life.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Kingrshd3: 8:53pm On Mar 13
NeoWanZaeed:

So if ALLAH created ISSA and then before ISSA left d world he said he Will send another comforter according to the Quran Abi??

Now who is ISSA 😂

Yet the bible hasve been in existence before d Quran Abi good 😊 meaning the Quran try to copyright most of its content and ideas from the Bible. 😊

Do you know Muhammad name appeared in d Quran only 4 times while ISSA appears almost 87 times 🤔

Even ISSAs mother MARIAM was honoured in the Quran to give her a special verse 🤔

My question again who is ISSA 😂

Don't forget Muhammed was giving birth too like mammals just like me and you because his father had intercourse with his mum just like me and u..

But yet ISSAs mum MARIAM never pass through that and carry a miracle child to the world which till date such had never occured 🤔

Who is ISSA again 🤔

Yet same Bible finalize it because Jesus (ISSA)said I am d truth the way and the light and no one can goto heaven except if you follows my footsteps my ways my doings 🤔

Who is ISSA again 🤔

My brother if you are not a Christian you are in d dark side of life because have been able to open your skull for deep understanding 😁

SO IN CONCLUSION MUHAMMA WAS JUST AN ORDINARY MAN JUST LIKE ME AND YOU AND HE HAS NOTHING IN RELATED TO SPIRITUAL WORLD WHICH IS LIFE AFTER DEATH.
HE LIVES AND ALL HIS TEWCHINGS ARE OF PHYSICAL THINGS AND HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT SPIRITUAL EXISTINCE..

There was a verse in the Quran they ask Muhammad where is he going after he died and he replied that he himself doesn't know where he is going after death .
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Lawag3: 8:57pm On Mar 13
NeoWanZaeed:

But Allah said he is the God of the people of the books.
And the the verse that talks about tithe is in the old testament.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by maxzzo1(m): 9:13pm On Mar 13
If not jalosy and inferiority complex, every o man suppose b like " to ya tent of Israel"
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by fipy: 9:18pm On Mar 13
This I why we are were we are as a country
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by LordSeth0: 9:25pm On Mar 13
This is angwan rogo in Jos
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by TruthHurts1(m): 9:28pm On Mar 13
Who forces anyone to pay tithe MUDSLIME? Followers of fake "prophet" Sex Award Winner (SAW) operate on room temperature IQ just like their moronic fake "prophet"

NeoWanZaeed:
At least...mosque ain't force paying you tax called tithe
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Chukwuka319(m): 9:34pm On Mar 13
That's great news.It shows that peaceful coexistence is very much possible between Muslims and Christians in Muslim dominated regions.
What God cannot do, doesn't exist.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by officialfestus(m): 9:38pm On Mar 13
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by Slydan204: 9:44pm On Mar 13
finallybusy:
There’s a region of Jos highly protected from stupid crises. I guess that’s where these buildings reside.
Oga, I reside in Jos nd schooled in UJ(both 1st nd 2nd degree). My jaw drops everytime I pass there nd see these two buildings. But ehn may God help us. U see tht Dilimi ehn, may it be well
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by bobchigar(m): 9:58pm On Mar 13
Going by the name of the street, I can deduced that the area is dominated by Yoruba and it is an evidence that Yoruba are more religious tolerance.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by ajidikun: 10:46pm On Mar 13
I was born and brought up in Jos,Ali Kazaure Street,besides Fatima Cathedral. Actually the story behind The Church standing side by side with a Mosque is a good one that stood the test of time,a tale of love,family,religion,peace and oneness. The street Adebayor was named after the first Yoruba man that stayed in Jos city. The piece of Land which the Church and the Mosque was built belong to his family who are both adherents of Christianity and Islam.The land was donated by the family to the two religions for fairness and to keep the family as one despite the difference in religion. This need to be studied to understand peace and tolerance, especially conflict resolution.
Re: Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos by ncoolsome(m): 11:26pm On Mar 13
CrownOfClay724:

Me ?
Shy ke?!

The regular aggressors nah.
Or you've seen Christians attack anyone before?

You still hvnt mentioned the name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TB Joshua Predicted Election Postponement (Video) / Photo Of The Enugu Mourners Who Confessed Killing Man With Juju At His Burial / Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.